PDA

View Full Version : Penalty decision

Unseen work
15-10-2016, 08:42 PM
I watched the game on Raith Tv today like many others.

Should we of had two penalties like Holt and Lennon claim?

I could barely tell due to the poor camera quality.

CallumLaidlaw
15-10-2016, 08:43 PM
From where I was behind the goals, yeah 2 or 3 big shouts. The one on holt was a absolute stonewaller.

Also, the ref didn't blow for a foul by holt, but then the ref player handled it and he took it back for a free kick against holt. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevieT
15-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I thought we should have had one when Holt was wrestled to the ground. The defender even stopped him from getting back up again. Both players started their run from where the referee was standing so he should have been able to see but his 'assistant' had a clear view but gave nothing. The strange thing is, we should have had one following a throw in but the referee gave a free kick to Raith for a push by Holt.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2016, 08:46 PM
The one on Holt was a stonewaller from where I was sitting.

The defender was grabbing him from the moment the ball came into the box and he was bundled over.

How the referee missed that is beyond me.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2016, 08:46 PM
From where I was behind the goals, yeah 2 or 3 big shouts. The one on holt was a absolute stonewaller.

Also, the ref didn't blow for a foul by holt, but then the ref player handled it and he took it back for a free kick against holt. Unbelievable.

:agree:

StevieT
15-10-2016, 08:47 PM
The one on Holt was a stonewaller from where I was sitting.

The defender was grabbing him from the moment the ball came into the box and he was bundled over.

How the referee missed that is beyond me.

The assistant had a better view as he was looking straight at it.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2016, 08:48 PM
The assistant had a better view as he was looking straight at it.

Yep, no excuses for him, unless Finnie is one of those refs that tell the assistants to flag for throw ins and offside and now't else

StevieT
15-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Yep, no excuses for him, unless Finnie is one of those refs that tell the assistants to flag for throw ins and offside and now't else

That's fair enough Jonnyboy but it can be difficult for the referee to see those infringements when players are running away from him and there are bodies in the way. The assistant has a perfect view and should be signalling for these. I know when I ever have assistants I would be expecting them to signal.

Jonnyboy
15-10-2016, 08:57 PM
That's fair enough Jonnyboy but it can be difficult for the referee to see those infringements when players are running away from him and there are bodies in the way. The assistant has a perfect view and should be signalling for these. I know when I ever have assistants I would be expecting them to signal.

Are there ref's, to your knowledge, that insist on making all the calls?

Wheat Hound
15-10-2016, 09:01 PM
The one where he gave a foul against Holt for pushing only after the Raith defender had handled the ball, was indicative of a grossly incompetent ref. Had there been no handball, I don't think the foul v Holt was going to be given. Annoying.

CallumLaidlaw
15-10-2016, 09:04 PM
The one where he gave a foul against Holt for pushing only after the Raith defender had handled the ball, was indicative of a grossly incompetent ref. Had there been no handball, I don't think the foul v Holt was going to be given. Annoying.

Exactly. It was a VERY late whistle.

StevieT
15-10-2016, 09:05 PM

Are there ref's, to your knowledge, that insist on making all the calls?

Different refs will have different opinions. IMO the good refs will allow the assistants to make decisions 'in their area'. Referees normally run a diagonal from right to left i.e. the opposite side to their assistants. With this in mind, a good referee will allow his assistants to cover the area in front of him / her as he/she is closer to the action than the referee. I don't know who the assistant was today but if he was inexperienced at this level then the referee may have told him to concentrate on throws, offside and corners / goal kicks. This is another reason why we need to get out of this division as the standards of the officials is poor.

StevieT
15-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Exactly. It was a VERY late whistle.

A very late whistle but also a 'get out of giving a penalty' decision by the referee.

CallumLaidlaw
15-10-2016, 09:07 PM
A very late whistle but also a 'get out of giving a penalty' decision by the referee.

Yip. It's been a while since I've seen such a one sided ref

Marco G
15-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Yip. It's been a while since I've seen such a one sided ref

Thought the ref was happy for them to kick lumps out of us, then talks to Holt and books him for next foul. Thought it was the Raith player who was getting sent off for another blatant late challenge on Bartley, then see the red card flashed at our player. Second half three times we were away down the wing and pulled down, result one yellow. Was right behind the spot where their CB handled the ball, and the ref had not blown for a foul against Holt until the handball. So, overall, I thought the ref had a real stinker bordering on can he really be as bad as this.

northstandhibby
15-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Thought the ref was happy for them to kick lumps out of us, then talks to Holt and books him for next foul. Thought it was the Raith player who was getting sent off for another blatant late challenge on Bartley, then see the red card flashed at our player. Second half three times we were away down the wing and pulled down, result one yellow. Was right behind the spot where their CB handled the ball, and the ref had not blown for a foul against Holt until the handball. So, overall, I thought the ref had a real stinker bordering on can he really be as bad as this.

According to his sfa profile (Steven Finnie) he lists his favorite game he has refereed as being the 2007 youth cup final which the huns beat sellick 5-0.

A closet hun getting his own back for us stuffing them this year 3-2 at Hampden to lift the holy grail?

Just saying. A possibility certainly.

GGTTH

jimmythefish
15-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Ref was terrible today the worse we've had so far 'this season imo

Paisley Hibby
15-10-2016, 10:30 PM

Agree with you Marco. But at least he booked a Raith player for diving in our box. At first glance I thought it was a penalty.

R'Albin
15-10-2016, 10:33 PM
The commentators actually had the audacity to imply Raith were hard done by.

CallumLaidlaw
15-10-2016, 10:34 PM
The commentators actually had the audacity to imply Raith were hard done by.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161015/78c01f72d63d8c0f15a557039b8dfc76.png

Not In The Know
16-10-2016, 08:21 AM
It's almost like the sfa are punnishing us on the field for a previous of field misdemeanour they had no jurisdiction over...

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Bottom line is that if Hearts or Rangers had played that game yesterday they would have had 11 players on the pitch and one penalty given. We have basically had 3 red cards for about 15 fouls in the last 3 games.

R'Albin
16-10-2016, 09:27 AM

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I'd like to see the raith pen claim where their player went round the keeper and got booked for diving. I think the ref got that wrong. He also got the two at our end wrong.

3pm
16-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I'd like to see the raith pen claim where their player went round the keeper and got booked for diving. I think the ref got that wrong. He also got the two at our end wrong.

The No 4? Dive! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-10-2016, 12:01 PM
The No 4? Dive! :greengrin

It was at at the other end, I'd like to see it again. Ref was howling the whole game though. Right from the first minute when Cummings was fouled in the corner by the main stand and he never gave it.

SaulGoodman
16-10-2016, 12:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/lkK3cIe.jpg

What's this all about too?

CallumLaidlaw
16-10-2016, 02:29 PM

Seeing it back on the Raith highlights, ref got it right. Could tell by the reaction of the Raith player. He tries to act a bit exasperated, but wasn't overly shocked. And Raith didn't give a slow mo replay either which they did with all the other contentious decisions which tells me that they know it was a dive too

JimBHibees
16-10-2016, 03:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lkK3cIe.jpg

What's this all about too?

Looks like Thompson a midfielder for Raith who is on loan from rangers is congratulating Barr on getting Bartley sent off. Maybe wrong.

Pete
16-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Looks like Thompson a midfielder for Raith who is on loan from rangers is congratulating Barr on getting Bartley sent off. Maybe wrong.

You're probably right. Acting like he took a right hook from Tyson Fury.

BoomtownHibees
16-10-2016, 05:07 PM
It wasn't the goalie, it was Paul Hanlon that he went past