PDA

View Full Version : The Keeper

Bothar Casca
15-10-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm not normally one to single out players and have a go and I don't think he's overly bad but he had me worried a few times today. His kicking is really bad and WTF was all that about with the passback where he nearly gifted Skacel an open goal? Arguing with McGregor that anything below the waist is a passback (it isn't) and then visibly arguing with Alan Combe about it as well. Worrying stuff :confused:

bingo70
15-10-2016, 06:09 PM
That sounds a bit concerning but an observation from his early games is that he doesn't concede many.

I know you could say that's down to the defence but I think it was schmeichal that said you could tell the best keepers by how few saves they had to make, he's not made too many outstanding saves yet but maybe he's just getting his positioning right and organises his defence well.

(Or maybe I'm clutching at straws)

Andy74
15-10-2016, 06:14 PM
I'm not normally one to single out players and have a go and I don't think he's overly bad but he had me worried a few times today. His kicking is really bad and WTF was all that about with the passback where he nearly gifted Skacel an open goal? Arguing with McGregor that anything below the waist is a passback (it isn't) and then visibly arguing with Alan Combe about it as well. Worrying stuff :confused:

I'm not worried at all about the keeper.

FifeHibs
15-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Bring back Oxley 👍

hibbytam
15-10-2016, 06:18 PM

It was a bit odd. But apart from that he was mostly untested, so it's impossible to judge him one way or the other. As long as he doesn't do it again, i'm not too worried.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2016, 06:23 PM
I didn't take to him at first but the 2 games previous to today he's been decent imo.

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 06:24 PM
His anticipation is dire, he cost us a goal due to indecision on his debut, He clearly doesn't like coming off his line and he doesn't command the box. I want to like him but he scares me. He will cost us goals this season due to his inability to come out and collect balls that should be his.

marinello59
15-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Geezo. Let's destroy another keepers confidence.

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 06:33 PM
I doubt he reads .net, I'm just giving an honest opinion on a fans forum. Like I said, I want to like him but I have my concerns about his anticipation and decision making.

stantonsboots
15-10-2016, 06:35 PM
His anticipation is dire, he cost us a goal due to indecision on his debut, He clearly doesn't like coming off his line and he doesn't command the box. I want to like him but he scares me. He will cost us goals this season due to his inability to come out and collect balls that should be his.nonsense

lyonhibs
15-10-2016, 06:36 PM

The sooner the better eh??

Although I don't see how some message board rambling will run his confidence unless folk are haranguing him from the stands.

trev the hat
15-10-2016, 06:39 PM
His anticipation is dire, he cost us a goal due to indecision on his debut, He clearly doesn't like coming off his line and he doesn't command the box. I want to like him but he scares me. He will cost us goals this season due to his inability to come out and collect balls that should be his.

Bit harsh IMO from what I've seen. Given what we've had previous I'm confident he will be an asset over the course of the season. 10 men & keeper is always scrutinised big time.
Another clean sheet today though !!

Dublin07
15-10-2016, 06:40 PM
What a completely nonsense post. He had 1 save to make which he made no problem. 1 iffy pass back that he might have caught which he kicked and it resulted in a a throw in. Some folk should sober up before they post.

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 06:43 PM
nonsense

We'll see if it's nonsense as the season progresses. I merely stated an opinion I have been harbouring since I watched his debut. I hope I'm wrong and he is the next Daniel Anderson, our last really decent keeper.

Andy74
15-10-2016, 06:50 PM
We'll see if it's nonsense as the season progresses. I merely stated an opinion I have been harbouring since I watched his debut. I hope I'm wrong and he is the next Daniel Anderson, our last really decent keeper.

The debut where he made a clean sheet?

ACLeith
15-10-2016, 06:50 PM
I know this is the kiss of death to say this but what has struck me is that the ball doesn't bounce off him, it sticks.

Heisenberg
15-10-2016, 06:51 PM
He's been solid so far. We could really do with actually supporting our players once in a while.

Beefster
15-10-2016, 06:51 PM
We drew 0-0. Definitely time to give the keeper some stick.

erin go bragh
15-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Has he not had five clean sheets out of six games .
Jeezo .

Shrekko
15-10-2016, 07:03 PM
I know this is the kiss of death to say this but what has struck me is that the ball doesn't bounce off him, it sticks.

I agree. Seen a lot of well struck stuff that skips just in front of him that he always seems to hold no bother.

Isn't as good as Oxley with the ball at his feet but he's normally ok- conditions weren't great today.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2016, 07:08 PM
His kicking was poor today and the incident with McGregor was bizarre (if he doesn't know what constitutes a pass back at his level of experience then it's a bit of a concern.)

Other than that he was fine.

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 07:15 PM
The debut where he made a clean sheet?
Fair enough, I meant the game versus Ayr when he never came off his line to collect the ball and allowed it to go out for a corner which resulted in their first goal. ( I could be wrong on the game/goal as hibs are a blur of matches in my memory bank) the fact remains that I have my reservations about aspects of his game

Golden Bear
15-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Jeez, stop nitpicking guys. This endless performance analysis of our keepers does more harm than good.

B.H.F.C
15-10-2016, 07:47 PM
I thought he was decent in terms of handling etc. The fact he doesn't know the rules is bloody ridiculous though.

Unseen work
15-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Jesus this is ridiculous.

Poor kicking? I noticed one poor pass first half. Did you notice his 60 yard pass that went straight to Keatings feet?

It's not wonder he is uneasy to come off his line when fans are critiquing him before he even makes a mistake.

He has been absolutely fine so far and the least of our issues

Golden Bear
15-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Jesus this is ridiculous.

Poor kicking? I noticed one poor pass first half. Did you notice his 60 yard pass that went straight to Keatings feet?

It's not wonder he is uneasy to come off his line when fans are critiquing him before he even makes a mistake.

He has been absolutely fine so far and the least of our issues

Exactly. Confidence is everything, especially for a keeper.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 08:15 PM
He almost put Keatings through on goal with a wonderful kick. Not knowing the back pass rule was concerning, though...

Hiber-nation
15-10-2016, 08:18 PM
He almost put Keatings through on goal with a wonderful kick. Not knowing the back pass rule was concerning, though...

It was very strange. Maybe he thought the rules were different here. I like the look of him though and can't see what all the fuss is about.

Thecat23
15-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Can't believe the goals be let in today. Oh wait...

B.H.F.C
15-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Can't believe the goals be let in today. Oh wait...

He doesn't know the bloody rules though! That's poor.

Unseen work
15-10-2016, 08:38 PM

Is it he doesn't know the rules tho? Or was it he thought it came off mcgregors foot.

Mr White
15-10-2016, 08:40 PM

In a country where most of the refs either don't know the rules or decide not to apply them properly, I'm not surprised he was reluctant to present today's stooge with the opportunity to give an indirect freekick against us in a dangerous position.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Are we now that desperate to find fault that we have to prothesis on what he might do wrong in the future?

Unbelievable.

Crawfordcal
15-10-2016, 09:02 PM

Myself included. I think his distribution has been excellent and as has been said, the less saves they have to make the better the keeper. From the games I've seen him in (season ticket holder so more than once) I feel he has been vocal and seems confident. Flapped at a couple of things granted but which keeper doesn't at this level?
In my eyes a solid piece of business from Lennon and I think laidlaw could learn a few things from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
15-10-2016, 09:03 PM

Me neither, had a good save early on. Some of his kick outs to Keatings in the 2nd half were excellent

15-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Something that hasn't been mentioned is there is a substantial culture shock moving from Israeli football to Scottish football. To suggest he is going to come in and looked assured and confident immediately is ridiculous.

BishopstonHibby
15-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Fair enough, I meant the game versus Ayr when he never came off his line to collect the ball and allowed it to go out for a corner which resulted in their first goal. ( I could be wrong on the game/goal as hibs are a blur of matches in my memory bank) the fact remains that I have my reservations about aspects of his game

Wasn't at the game but heard the commentary. Having watched the highlights, I don't think he could have got to the ball and stopped it going out for a corner. Only watched it once mind - unlike certain other games 😀

Pretty Boy
15-10-2016, 10:08 PM

If memories serves me right Andersson had a bit of a howler on his debut. Came for a cross at Celtic Park, got nowhere near it and a Celtic player nodded into an empty net.

High-On-Hibs
15-10-2016, 10:12 PM
He's the reason we're at the top of the table. It certainly isn't our flair going forward.

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Wasn't at the game but heard the commentary. Having watched the highlights, I don't think he could have got to the ball and stopped it going out for a corner. Only watched it once mind - unlike certain other games 😀

I was in line with that incident and I agree with you, I don't think it was a ball he could have got to, I think the problem was that he maybe should have been in a better position to start with though.

NikGunnarsson
15-10-2016, 11:37 PM
I actually really like him, think he will overtime be very important for us. And as for today what matters is he kept a clean sheet which is exactly what he is paid to do.