PDA

View Full Version : Fans fighting

15-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Anyone know what happened in the stand today :confused: Looked to be a scuffle and a couple punches thrown between a couple guys in the hibs end today.

staunchhibby
15-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Ye it was just behind us.Think a remark was made about ref and it kicked off from there.

Hibby70
15-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Seemed to be two incidents at the same time. What is wrong with people?

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Anyone know what happened in the stand today :confused: Looked to be a scuffle and a couple punches thrown between a couple guys in the hibs end today.

Which fight? There were three seperate fights in the area around me plus another one further down towards the front. The best one continued for most of the first half and involved an older fan objecting to a few younger fans referring to a Raith player as a refugee. I think he alerted the stewards to this issue but the younger guys claimed that they just called the Raith player an illigitimate jambo. It ran for ages but provided more entertainment than was on display on the park. The next fight was just after Bartley was sent off and a fan with a young daughter objected to the language being directed at the bald illegitimate referee by an angry gentleman seated next to a young lad. Again, mildly entertaining but it didn't have the legs of the other incident and tempers were cooled by the intervention of a sudden attack of common sense. The other incident I alluded to actually kicked off just before kick off and involved a gentleman who appeared to have successfully avoided salad for his entire life and an older chap who may have been seated in a seat which wasn't intended for him. A handbag situation developed but full body contact was averted when a fan sitting a row behind the incident bravely stood in the way of the two protagonists. This was merely the support bout for the action to follow and it brightened up an otherwise dull afternoon.

bingo70
15-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Which fight? There were three seperate fights in the area around me plus another one further down towards the front. The best one continued for most of the first half and involved an older fan objecting to a few younger fans referring to a Raith player as a refugee. I think he alerted the stewards to this issue but the younger guys claimed that they just called the Raith player an illigitimate jambo. It ran for ages but provided more entertainment than was on display on the park. The next fight was just after Bartley was sent off and a fan with a young daughter objected to the language being directed at the bald illegitimate referee by an angry gentleman seated next to a young lad. Again, mildly entertaining but it didn't have the legs of the other incident and tempers were cooled by the intervention of a sudden attack of common sense. The other incident I alluded to actually kicked off just before kick off and involved a gentleman who appeared to have successfully avoided salad for his entire life and an older chap who may have been seated in a seat which wasn't intended for him. A handbag situation developed but full body contact was averted when a fan sitting a row behind the incident bravely stood in the way of the two protagonists. This was merely the support bout for the action to follow and it brightened up an otherwise dull afternoon.

Really enjoyed reading that 😂

fat freddy
15-10-2016, 06:18 PM

I feel a bit guilty but I enjoyed watching the fights, that damn cup final has turned us all into Ragin Bulls

ClewsHibs
15-10-2016, 06:30 PM
The baldy guy in row MM needs to have a word with himself. Just calm down mate the game hadnt even started

Jack Hackett
15-10-2016, 06:35 PM

+1 :agree:

GreenLake
15-10-2016, 06:36 PM

I sincerely hope there are no more fights at games, but if there are, I hope you are able to do the reporting. You should be sent to Aleppo immediately so we can all learn what is really going on. :greengrin

chinaman
15-10-2016, 06:37 PM
I feel a bit guilty but I enjoyed watching the fights, that damn cup final has turned us all into Ragin Bulls

Mayweather won't be coming back then?
Even if the macgregor "pro debut" goes tits up

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2016, 06:39 PM

That prick Boltonhibs told me he wasnt going today. :grr:

BoltonHibee
15-10-2016, 06:42 PM
[emoji867]

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2016, 06:44 PM
😇😇😇

Jack Hackett
15-10-2016, 06:45 PM

[emoji867]

:tee hee:

Hibby70
15-10-2016, 06:47 PM
The worst thing I saw today was the fat bloke in the toilets that had his trousers and pants down past his huge arse when doing a piss.

Wheat Hound
15-10-2016, 06:56 PM
The worst thing I saw today was the fat bloke in the toilets that had his trousers and pants down past his huge arse when doing a piss.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

greenlex
15-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Fat Freddy that made me laugh.You nailed it.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Was a punch thrown and some arguing few seats to my left. Missed most of it as I was busy watching the game. Quickly sorted out by the police.

Flanny boy
15-10-2016, 07:52 PM

Haha.aye might have known he would be somewhere other than the salad bar gasman

HibbySpurs
15-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Ah FFS, really wish I'd gone now reading the above... Sounds like some top class cabaret was on offer😂😂

Stax
15-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Had a creepy feeling someone was watching me in the loo, and I prefer the term big boned...

:greengrin

Greenworld
15-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Well crying laughing at that summery thank you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
15-10-2016, 09:20 PM

...and now it's over to Judy for the weather.:greengrin

High-On-Hibs
15-10-2016, 10:08 PM
The boy who got between the 2 idiots to stop it getting physical had a better refereeing performance than that joke on the park.

The Captain....
15-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Few fans need to have a good think about the way they behaved today...childish *****baggery doesn't even cover it. Either shut the **** up or if you are as much of a hard man as your pretending to be meet your tormentor outside. The 'hold me back' act is a ****ing embarassment.

As stated earlier tho at times it was a welcome diversion from a shocking first half, so maybe we should just let them get on with it, as pathetic as it is to watch these fuds throwing insults and pretend threats at each other.

Probably the highlight for me was folk at half time blaming Lennon for their behaviour...'he's causing this, we're fighting among ourselves'....absolute brain donors.

IWasThere2016
15-10-2016, 11:18 PM

FTR, I was at the Etihad for Man C v. Everton :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2016, 01:01 AM

A few games without a win and the tempers get very short. Daft kids is fair enough, but there's no excuse for grown men to be carrying on like that.

Yorkshire HFC
16-10-2016, 06:51 AM

One of the reasons why kids aren't taken to matches.

Family club?

Hermit Crab
16-10-2016, 12:18 PM
One of the reasons why kids aren't taken to matches.

Family club?

Nonsense.

Yorkshire HFC
16-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Nonsense.

Well my brother doesnt take his kids because of the trouble he's seen.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Well my brother doesnt take his kids because of the trouble he's seen.

I see plenty of kids at the Hibs games?

FifeHibs
16-10-2016, 01:19 PM
With availability of social media kids will see allot worse. I'm sure in schools there is much worse than what happened at football. although not condoning any trouble what was seen in the early 90s hasn't had a negative effect on myself and wouldn't put me off taking kids to what is 99.9% of the time a good experience.

susieq
16-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Which fight? There were three separate fights in the area around me plus another one further down towards the front. The best one continued for most of the first half and involved an older fan objecting to a few younger fans referring to a Raith player as a refugee.

Aye it was maybe fun for you watching, but it was not fun for us as we were the ones involved! Started off with the 'older' fan advising the two behind us that we have just had the players promoting 'Give racism the red card' then they start with the Rudi song, older man was just giving them friendly warning that they could be lifted.
They then decided for whatever reason to keep it going, because they had paid their money they are entitled to say as they please quote 'freedom of speech', by suggesting that it was obviously our first game/away game, cause they had never seen us before? That probably myself and the other female usually go to the bingo?? (sometimes that would be the better option, more chance of winning), we were bible bashers???? sit in the west cause this is how it's done in the east (i do have a season ticket in the east btw), bla bla bla.............
After at least half an hour had enough!
We go to watch the game as bad as it is at times, not to trade childish insults to two numpties out of their faces on whatever!
Awright the first half of football was poor, but not nice to have to put up with the baiting for that amount of time, sure most reasonable folks wouldn't put up with it either, felt sorry for the wee boy in front of me as his dad had to move him away, so not nice for everybody sitting nearby!
Gutted at their behaviour, gives decent fans a bad rep!

BullsCloseHibs
16-10-2016, 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, I've come across this sort of unusual toilet etiquette at my work. Extremely odd. Did we not invent flies for peeing?

heretoday
16-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Aye it was maybe fun for you watching, but it was not fun for us as we were the ones involved! Started off with the 'older' fan advising the two behind us that we have just had the players promoting 'Give racism the red card' then they start with the Rudi song, older man was just giving them friendly warning that they could be lifted.
They then decided for whatever reason to keep it going, because they had paid their money they are entitled to say as they please quote 'freedom of speech', by suggesting that it was obviously our first game/away game, cause they had never seen us before? That probably myself and the other female usually go to the bingo?? (sometimes that would be the better option, more chance of winning), we were bible bashers???? sit in the west cause this is how it's done in the east (i do have a season ticket in the east btw), bla bla bla.............
We go to watch the game as bad as it is at times, not to trade childish insults to two numpties out of their faces on whatever!
Awright the first half of football was poor, but not nice to have to put up with the baiting for that amount of time, sure most reasonable folks wouldn't put up with it either, felt sorry for the wee boy in front of me as his dad had to move him away, so not nice for everybody sitting nearby!
Morons.

Babyshamble
16-10-2016, 04:43 PM

Seen that as well. Disgusting.

fat freddy
16-10-2016, 04:43 PM

You have my sympathy, I take it you were the unfortunate woman sitting in the row in front of the two free speech advocates? I saw you reluctantly getting involved and the first half must have been a blur as you were surrounded by stewards for most of that period. If it's any consolation, you never missed much. From where I was sitting I definitely heard them use the refugee term, do these guys not know that Hibs were founded by Irish refugees? The stewards were useless and should have escorted them from the stadium but as it was clear they weren't up to the task I'd have moved seats if I was in your shoes. I always move when I have numpties seated immediately beside me provided there are other seats available. I'm aware that's not the ideal solution but its what I do these days as I go to the football to watch Hibs, not engage with half wits with dodgy ideological views. That view is probably at odds with my earlier view that I found the whole affair amusing but it was a lousy first half and I was far enough away to be unphased by your predicament. I apologise for making light of your misfortune. It was born of boredom

ancient hibee
16-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately, I've come across this sort of unusual toilet etiquette at my work. Extremely odd. Did we not invent flies for peeing?

I suspect it's a product of their environment when mummy got fed up of trying to make them pee straight and insisted on them sitting down for all functions.

susieq
16-10-2016, 04:59 PM
That view is probably at odds with my earlier view that I found the whole affair amusing but it was a lousy first half and I was far enough away to be unphased by your predicament. I apologise for making light of your misfortune. It was born of boredom

No apology needed, if i hadn't been me i would have watched too :wink:, i also found your account of it funny :-) I just cracked up when the boy in front got involved saying i shouldn't go to the footy if i don't like swearing, which had not a thing to do with the argument. Taught him a few new words!

Just a bit disgusted at myself for 'losing it'! Something i very rarely do as it takes ages for me to get that angry and it takes ages for me to calm down, very out of character for me, i normally quite tolerant.................

H113EE5
16-10-2016, 07:42 PM
I was behind the two idiots who were moved on. Ten out of ten for the guy who raised the issue with the stewards. I was there, taking my grandson, to his first Hibs game. Proud moment but it could be a long time before I take him back. I posted ages ago about the standard of fans we have when we were through at Hampden for the Ross County semi and in the family end. Swearing, homophobia, racism, drunks, spitting... absolute disgrace. Nothing's changed.

Even had this clown in front of the pair yesterday saying I pay my money so I can shout what I like. There's constant bad language and next to no understanding of the game. Even the correct decisions (and there weren't very many) were subject to f*** and c*** and b******

I go to watch Edinburgh Rugby and OK they're not as close to my heart as Hibs, the whole experience is much better, even a beer at the seat. Why? Cause they can be trusted to act with some level of decency, not like many round me yesterday. My seat at ER has little of this problem, so it must be the erses who what to get tanked up and play the big man away from home.

At times, it can be embarrassing to be associated with these fans following my team. and this after the hassle we had with the Huns. Never learn, eh!

monktonharp
17-10-2016, 12:07 AM
I was behind the two idiots who were moved on. Ten out of ten for the guy who raised the issue with the stewards. I was there, taking my grandson, to his first Hibs game. Proud moment but it could be a long time before I take him back. I posted ages ago about the standard of fans we have when we were through at Hampden for the Ross County semi and in the family end. Swearing, homophobia, racism, drunks, spitting... absolute disgrace. Nothing's changed.

Even had this clown in front of the pair yesterday saying I pay my money so I can shout what I like. There's constant bad language and next to no understanding of the game. Even the correct decisions (and there weren't very many) were subject to f*** and c*** and b******

I go to watch Edinburgh Rugby and OK they're not as close to my heart as Hibs, the whole experience is much better, even a beer at the seat. Why? Cause they can be trusted to act with some level of decency, not like many round me yesterday. My seat at ER has little of this problem, so it must be the erses who what to get tanked up and play the big man away from home.

At times, it can be embarrassing to be associated with these fans following my team. and this after the hassle we had with the Huns. Never learn, eh!Rugby and fitba' are totally different. don't try and treat fitba fans as some sort of underclass though! there were a couple of tits at the game yesterday, I admit but the authorities have to be blamed for some of it. firstly, when we looked for our seats ac90 and ac91, we got into an argument(almost|) with 2 guys as the guys in ac89 +88 seemed to be in ours.. Turns out, there was no such seats for the numbers we were looking for unless we sat in the passageway!. the security said, sit anywhere!!! other than that, on the way in, a young guy asked me for a light for his fag. he dropped his fag in the wet then asked me for a fag. he was totally pissed. he was involved later in an argument with his mate inside, and should never have been admitted to the ground, which totally amazed me as he was buckled!.dont say that rugger boys don't act like that, they do.

Rougier45
17-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Rugby and fitba' are totally different. don't try and treat fitba fans as some sort of underclass though! there were a couple of tits at the game yesterday, I admit but the authorities have to be blamed for some of it. firstly, when we looked for our seats ac90 and ac91, we got into an argument(almost|) with 2 guys as the guys in ac89 +88 seemed to be in ours.. Turns out, there was no such seats for the numbers we were looking for unless we sat in the passageway!. the security said, sit anywhere!!! other than that, on the way in, a young guy asked me for a light for his fag. he dropped his fag in the wet then asked me for a fag. he was totally pissed. he was involved later in an argument with his mate inside, and should never have been admitted to the ground, which totally amazed me as he was buckled!.dont say that rugger boys don't act like that, they do.

Wondered how long it would take b4 someone took exception to rugby being mentioned : some of the behaviour of Hibs fans is disgraceful I took my 7 year old when I'm at home but more than once had to move seats / were not in the 70s anymore / f ing and Cing ain't acceptable in this day and age - people wouldn't act like that in any other environment why does anyone thinks its acceptable at a football game

southsider
17-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Used to call it "letting off steam". Almost every swear word I know was learned from the Easter Road terraces. Never done me any harm.

hughio
17-10-2016, 01:09 PM
I see plenty of kids at the Hibs games?

Yeah I took my 7 year old and was a bit embarrassed trying to explain it was Hibbies fighting amongst themselves.:confused:

I couldn't really get over to him why that should happen (because he's quite intelligent.)

However Fat Freddy has saved the day with his most lucid and entertaining summary above.:aok:

PS.How's yer cat Freddy?

hughio
17-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Yeah I took my 7 year old and was a bit embarrassed trying to explain it was Hibbies fighting amongst themselves.:confused:

I couldn't really get over to him why that should happen (because he's quite intelligent.)

However Fat Freddy has saved the day with his most lucid and entertaining summary above.:aok:

PS.How's yer cat Freddy?

Ooops.
Just noticed susieq and HII3EES posts.
Sorry you obviously did have somoething to complain about.

Keith_M
17-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Rugby and fitba' are totally different. don't try and treat fitba fans as some sort of underclass though! there were a couple of tits at the game yesterday, I admit but the authorities have to be blamed for some of it.

Sorry bud but you just don't get the level of bad behaviour at rugby as you do at football. AFAIK, Rugby has never had hooligan gangs or riots and seems to be lacking (at club level at least) in the kind of t1ts that can be found at football matches way too often.

I speak as somebody that has little to no affection for rugby but respects the overall decent behaviour of their fans.

southsider
17-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Sorry bud but you just don't get the level of bad behaviour at rugby as you do at football. AFAIK, Rugby has never had hooligan gangs or riots and seems to be lacking (at club level at least) in the kind of t1ts that can be found at football matches way too often.

I speak as somebody that has little to no affection for rugby but respects the overall decent behaviour of their fans.
All the hooligans are ON the pitch.

monktonharp
17-10-2016, 04:50 PM

I speak as somebody that has little to no affection for rugby but respects the overall decent behaviour of their fans.I was more referring to the security issues, and seat mix ups on Saturday than rugby louts. there is a lot of drinking involved at the rugger, don't see riots or massed battles , I agree but there can be rowdiness when those taffies are in toon:wink:

ancient hibee
17-10-2016, 05:22 PM
I was more referring to the security issues, and seat mix ups on Saturday than rugby louts. there is a lot of drinking involved at the rugger, don't see riots or massed battles , I agree but there can be rowdiness when those taffies are in toon:wink:

Poor comparison of usually good natured rowdiness and moronic numpties.

Haymaker
17-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Wasn't there a pitch invasion and fans punch up at a rugby league game the other day?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Theres less chance of your "mate" dipping his bellend in your pint pre/post football.

weecounty hibby
17-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Wasn't there a pitch invasion and fans punch up at a rugby league game the other day?
Not real rugby😉

Lago
17-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Theres less chance of your "mate" dipping his bellend in your pint pre/post football.
You just had to, didn't you.:greengrin

Carheenlea
17-10-2016, 07:11 PM

I think there may be rugby boys employed to work the bar in Behind The Goals.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2016, 07:11 PM
You just had to, didn't you.:greengrin

To be fair, the amount Hutchy drinks it's always more likely to happen to him than your average Joe. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
17-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Utter mince so far.

Foul foul foul.

susieq
17-10-2016, 08:27 PM

I think that is why i was raging! We are all there to support the team, whether it be your first game or only game you ever go to!

I might expect insults from the opposition, but not one of our own! Every supporter i've met over the last 30+ years has been welcoming, some true friendships made, but these numpties ruined my day!

Over it now lol!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2016, 12:51 PM
To be fair, the amount Hutchy drinks it's always more likely to happen to him than your average Joe. :greengrin

Just read that just now, was in the boozer last night! ;-)

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Just read that just now, was in the boozer last night! ;-)

:greengrin

H113EE5
18-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Used to call it "letting off steam". Almost every swear word I know was learned from the Easter Road terraces. Never done me any harm.

Says more about you. If that's the level of your intellect no wonder people don't want to be associated with being a football supporter. We don't need to f and c to shout on our team.. but maybe you do?

SRHibs
19-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Says more about you. If that's the level of your intellect no wonder people don't want to be associated with being a football supporter. We don't need to f and c to shout on our team.. but maybe you do?

You're kind of derailing the thread a bit. For me, fighting at the games should never happen, but who gives a **** about a little bit of swearing? I don't think you'll find many who agree with you.

Hibs1969
19-10-2016, 04:17 PM
I had a group of 3 or 4 drunken a**eholes sitting a few rows behind me at the league cup final who dished out abuse at most of our players for most of the game. Stevenson and Stokes came in for most of their bile which was absolutely disgraceful. The last minute goal for RC was a real sore one, made worse by those morons who had the gall to call themselves Hibs fans and who made a bad day significantly worse.

northstandhibby
19-10-2016, 04:24 PM

Sometimes you need to look around and be aware of who is around you if you do curse and swear loudly. I made the mistake of cursing loudly at the recent semi against st johnstone at the piggery only to see a dad with his young son a few seats away. I immediately apologised and the dad said 'don't worry about it' but I did and made sure i didn't curse again in front of the young lad.

And I don't often swear or curse but sometimes football does that to you. But I think it's best to see who is around you if you do curse and swear as a matter of fact.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
19-10-2016, 04:53 PM
If this thread says anything it's probably that football has to look at a way to better cater for an increasingly diverse clientele.

There is certainly space at ER to do something about it. A safe standing area where the rules of the land still apply but there is an acceptance that it is an area in which people will be a bit more boisterous, bad language may be heard and it's just generally a bit closer to the bone than elsewhere. That could be balanced with a family section with a harsher line on swearing and so on.

Sadly that all costs money to do and we're stuck in a status quo that doesn't please a lot of people. I'm not poorly educated, hold down a decent job and consider myself a pretty tolerant person but a bit swearing and questionable humour at the football doesn't bother me at all. Others feel differently and maybe it's time to try and accomodate both.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2016, 05:02 PM
If this thread says anything it's probably that football has to look at a way to better cater for an increasingly diverse clientele.

There is certainly space at ER to do something about it. A safe standing area where the rules of the land still apply but there is an acceptance that it is an area in which people will be a bit more boisterous, bad language may be heard and it's just generally a bit closer to the bone than elsewhere. That could be balanced with a family section with a harsher line on swearing and so on.

Sadly that all costs money to do and we're stuck in a status quo that doesn't please a lot of people. I'm not poorly educated, hold down a decent job and consider myself a pretty tolerant person but a bit swearing and questionable humour at the football doesn't bother me at all. Others feel differently and maybe it's time to try and accomodate both.

I have been saying this for years, and it should be in the bottom tier of the FF, but that would annoy folk who sit there and don't want to move, just as I was annoyed when they moved us from there to the east when it was just that kind of place.

Mon Dieu4
19-10-2016, 05:05 PM
If i have young kids near me at games i watch my language, however I also occasionally take my nephews to games, the swearing doesn't bother me one bit, they know they can't say any of the words in front of me or their parents but I'm not naive enough to think that these are new words to them, they've heard them all before mainly in the playground or out playing with their pals

BSEJVT
20-10-2016, 04:36 PM
to enter the swearing part of the debate

I would consider myself to be a decent well enough educated man who knows how to mind his P & Q's most of the time.

The only thing that is ever likely to set me off on one though is football.

It was the same playing as it is watching.

Its not at all something I am proud off, but IMO anyone who takes their children to a football match and expects them not to hear swearing is deluding themselves.

I would say that I just about never swear at some one or about some one, its used mostly as an adjective and to my shame is out before I even know it.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2016, 04:54 PM

I would consider myself to be a decent well enough educated man who knows how to mind his P & Q's most of the time.

Its not at all something I am proud off, but IMO anyone who takes their children to a football match and expects them not to hear swearing is deluding themselves.

I would say that I just about never swear at some one or about some one, its used mostly as an adjective and to my shame is out before I even know it.

I wouldn't have taken my boy to the old East. And unfortunately it is beyond reasonable expectation to think that _everyone_ will mind their Ps and Qs - blokes need to vent somewhere. You'd hope however that a great majority would clock the Wee man / Girl and curb their "enthusiasm". If it's a designated area or families in an area it is a bit off side. I'd opt for a quieter game and either the FF or the West.

I would say tho that when we went to the Hearts Final on the bus (that broke down) we then had to sit upstairs for the continued journey we understood why people had moved downstairs. Seeing a father with a Wee boy and not curbing it is a bit classless.

What really gets my goat is folks that just use expletives to pad out sentences or as a filler whilst they remember something. Billy Connolly needs to go on a sweary tour of jobby tour ;)

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2016, 05:01 PM
When my laddie was young the swearing at the game didn't bother me that much as he was mostly oblivious,the clouds of smoke before the smoking ban and inconsiderate erseholes next to a wee boy annoyed me far more.

marinello59
20-10-2016, 05:29 PM

There's swearing and there's swearing though. The odd expletive or even a string of them shouted in frustration is one thing. A 90 minute tirade from some red faced goon is another and I think most reasonable people would agree that is unacceptable. You should be able to take your kids to any part of any fitba ground and I have done so without causing them too much damage. I think. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
21-10-2016, 06:25 AM
There's swearing and there's swearing though. The odd expletive or even a string of them shouted in frustration is one thing. A 90 minute tirade from some red faced goon is another and I think most reasonable people would agree that is unacceptable. You should be able to take your kids to any part of any fitba ground and I have done so without causing them too much damage. I think. :greengrin

I think my wee boy is sensible enough to look at the type of character you mention and realise that's a specimen of the uncool variety.

BSEJVT
21-10-2016, 06:30 AM

Thankfully I am one of the former but I must do better to control my frustrations.

lucky
21-10-2016, 06:42 AM
Away games attract fans who sometimes behave a bit more OTT especially if they've been on the drink but that's no excuse for racism

HappyHanlon
21-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Always fights at away matches when we're no winning.

I mind Dumbarton last season during the whole Scott Allan saga. Someone shouted something aimed at him and next things there's a pagger which continues into half time.

Same happened at Brondby. Drawing 0-0 and instead of enjoying the match - a couple of guys start trying to kick the **** out each other over a spilled beer.

Bizarre!

Keith_M
21-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Problem is that this was an away match, where everybody is put in the same part of the ground.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2016, 11:26 AM

I mind Dumbarton last season during the whole Scott Allan saga. Someone shouted something aimed at him and next things there's a pagger which continues into half time.

Same happened at Brondby. Drawing 0-0 and instead of enjoying the match - a couple of guys start trying to kick the **** out each other over a spilled beer.

Bizarre!

That was non alcoholic was it not? :greengrin

lucky
22-10-2016, 11:28 AM

Bizarre!

Never saw any trouble at Brondby but the Hibs support was well pissed

eastcoasthibby
22-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I will never make an excuse for fans fighting amongst themselves at football or indeed with others, but definitely not amongst ourselves, it's an embarrassing disgrace that we don't want to have as a label.
I was next to one of the situations last week and I thought that stewards tried to deal with it fine to start with, yet individuals involved weren't for listening and so it continued and did disrupt the game for some of us next to it. For me the stewards when it was obvious those involved weren't listening and carried on with there nonsense, so they should have thrown them out. If there is fighting at all then again it's zero tolerance and throw them out, if they charge them that's up the police/Stewards but get them out and lets get a grip of this behaviour.
We all get frustrated and I personally will be in the top 25 % of those that are vocal, but there is a line to be drawn, the swearing is part of the environment and whilst not great at times fro people it's going to stay.
The answer to all of this is for the team to stop p---ing about on the pitch, get playing and getting results .. easy !!

22-10-2016, 12:26 PM
I go to all home games and the majority of away games and I'm pleased to say that fighting etc is very rare. Usually find that the bigger games (hampden days out, tynecastle etc) when folk tend to drink more thats when bother is more likely to occur. People (usually grown men who should know better) tryna give it the big hard man act after a few beers.

In general we have a very good support but do sometimes get a few idiots that tag along.

Dashing Bob S
22-10-2016, 12:36 PM
I have been saying this for years, and it should be in the bottom tier of the FF, but that would annoy folk who sit there and don't want to move, just as I was annoyed when they moved us from there to the east when it was just that kind of place.

Rip out the seats in the FF lower and tell everybody this is an 'anything goes' zone of guns, drugs, prostitution, violence and song. Anybody who wanders in such a contained zone and moans about language and behaviour can GTF. That way we create an atmospheric old school 'end' and/or parcel off the bams into one confined area, where they cannot nuisance the more refined supporter, depending on your perspective.

ClewsHibs
22-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Rip out the seats in the FF lower and tell everybody this is an 'anything goes' zone of guns, drugs, prostitution, violence and song. Anybody who wanders in such a contained zone and moans about language and behaviour can GTF. That way we create an atmospheric old school 'end' and/or parcel off the bams into one confined area, where they cannot nuisance the more refined supporter, depending on your perspective.

Agreed

WestCoastHibby
22-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Good thread, but I agree. "Grown" men behaving like this would put me off taking children to the game. My sons are young men now but when the time comes I'm not sure I'll take grand children along. Anyone who gets so uptight about fitba that they need to offer out their fellow supporters must have something lacking in their life, brain cells mainly I'd assume