PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad place to kick start the season from.

Carheenlea
15-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Despite recent struggles we find ourselves top of the table. Hopefully this can spur us on into turning draws into wins, give the players some encouragement and confidence, and we can get a run going that will stretch us away from the pack.
This league is there for the taking if we want it.

murray26
15-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Totally agree👍 It was always going to be a difficult start to the season with the come down from the cup win and European football.. we've no cup distractions now and can focus on the job in hand.. plus we must be due a few refereeing decisions.. i feel we'll kick on now..

Fifehibby74
15-10-2016, 04:48 PM
We could have been sitting with a nice wee gap between us and the rest if we had beaten Ayr (which we would've done if still playing with 10 men) and finished United off a few weeks ago.

However I saw enough today to give me some hope going forward. Thought keatings was outstanding and gave us a bit more directness from the middle of the park.

Hopefully Lennon is getting closer to knowing his best 11 and which formation to play them.

Steve20
15-10-2016, 05:05 PM
We've let Utd and Falkirk close a big gap. Today the ref was a disgrace but the last month has showed we will struggle.

We still create next to nothing.

California-Hibs
15-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Listen, don't be fooled today, Bartley was disgracefully incorrectly sent off. This is not sour grapes, this is fact. The ref will be embarrassed when he looks it back. I saw the replay 3 times. Take today and the sending off against Ayr and we could be talking about 6 points instead of 1.
We definitely need to create more though and there's been games out with these 2 mentioned where we simply haven't been good enough. Today was an improvement though. 10 men for so long and an away point at one of the more difficult venues In the league. Not ideal, not a disaster. Silver lining is we're top of the league where we want to be. Definitely need to kick on and improve though. Platform, as you say 👍

15-10-2016, 05:41 PM
We are top of the league tonight which is great but if it wasn't for QoS getting an absolute doing we wouldn't be. We should have to be relying on other teams ****ing up to be top, we should be winning and doing it ourselves.

However, yes we are top so can't complain too much but lets just get back to winning ways and make sure we stay there.

Dublin07
15-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Listen, don't be fooled today, Bartley was disgracefully incorrectly sent off. This is not sour grapes, this is fact. The ref will be embarrassed when he looks it back. I saw the replay 3 times. Take today and the sending off against Ayr and we could be talking about 6 points instead of 1.
We definitely need to create more though and there's been games out with these 2 mentioned where we simply haven't been good enough. Today was an improvement though. 10 men for

so long and an away point at one of the more difficult venues In the league. Not ideal, not a disaster. Silver lining is we're top of the league where we want to be. Definitely need to kick on and improve though. Platform, as you say 👍

Great post. Too sensible for most on here though.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Back to the top of the league despite being on a very poor run of results has to give us hope, every team has at least one poor spell during a season, hopefully this is ours, provided we get through it and go on a decent run the title is there for the taking.

Thecat23
15-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Top of the league when playing bad. That's the sign of a league winning side. Sorry for not ****ting my pants.

B.H.F.C
15-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Top of the league when playing bad. That's the sign of a league winning side. Sorry for not ****ting my pants.

I agree. But we shouldn't be failing to win 4 games on the spin against the garbage we are playing. Lack of goals is a big concern.

green day
15-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I agree. But we shouldn't be failing to win 4 games on the spin against the garbage we are playing. Lack of goals is a big concern.

It is, but WE ARE TOP playing distinctly average.

We won't lose 5 at home to Morton.

As long as we stay better than the rest, we win this league.

Libby Hibby
15-10-2016, 09:20 PM
It is, but WE ARE TOP playing distinctly average.

We won't lose 5 at home to Morton.

Correct we won't but we did lose 3 to them last season with virtually same squad.

Lack of goals from anyone bar Jason is a worry and the form is distinctly like last seasons dip when if JC doesn't score, we struggle.

It's a strange one, I'm not one of JC's biggest fans but his goals are crucial to the side but his overall play can make moves break down where ultimately others may have scored if the move was allowed to be carried through to a conclusion (if that makes sense).

Top of the league, not playing well, I'll take that but this league is not going to be easy to get out of, that's for sure.

3pm
15-10-2016, 09:23 PM
I love Jason Cummings.

Onceinawhile
15-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Don't give a flying one how we win the league, only that we do.

Would be nice to do it with style. But I don't care.

Libby Hibby
15-10-2016, 09:48 PM
I love Jason Cummings.

And I love you x

Jim44
15-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Don't give a flying one how we win the league, only that we do.

Would be nice to do it with style. But I don't care.

Well, unlike you, I really do care how we win it, and I'm not prepared to accept a dragged out marathon to win it by a point or two at the end, because, in time honoured Hibs fashion, we would probably blow it in the last couple of matches. Get your finger out now, lads, and enjoy winning the league with no real pressure.

JimBHibees
15-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Well, unlike you, I really do care how we win it, and I'm not prepared to accept a dragged out marathon to win it by a point or two at the end, because, in time honoured Hibs fashion, we would probably blow it in the last couple of matches. Get your finger out now, lads, and enjoy winning the league with no real pressure.

Personally don't care how we win it as long as we do.

Carheenlea
15-10-2016, 11:06 PM

All we need to do, and after having a good look at the competitors in this first quarter, there really is nothing to fear apart from our ourselves. We will find our stride and see this out comfortably. I'm feeling pretty confident we can do that.

northstandhibby
15-10-2016, 11:10 PM
All we need to do, and after having a good look at the competitors in this first quarter, there really is nothing to fear apart from our ourselves. We will find our stride and see this out comfortably. I'm feeling pretty confident we can do that.

And dodgy referees.

Agree with you though that we should win this league comfortably if we are actually allowed to remain with eleven men on the park and play to our potential.

GGTTH

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Tbh I dunno where all the worry is coming from right now. Up until Ayr (where'd we'd got a man sent off incorrectly) we'd scored at least 2 goals in every league fixture. After that we played QOTS away ( league leaders at the time and hardly an easy place to visit) then followed Dundee United (let's be serious we were by far the better team and should have buried them) then Raith away today (Scottish Cup champs lost first leg of play off up there. Played nearly and hour with 10 men)

So for me we've come out of the first set of fixtures pretty well. Players and management are still adapting to each other. Dunfy away then St. Mirren at home let's get 6 points then go on another run. A proper run though and tear this league apart.