:flag:

:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-10-2016, 04:06 PM
How the f'k did that happen!

Keith_M
15-10-2016, 04:11 PM
How the f'k did that happen!

We can thank Morton for being able to do against QOtS what Hibs couldn't.

:greengrin

California-Hibs
15-10-2016, 05:40 PM
We'll take it and build from here. Definitely need to greatly improve though but as I say, it's at least somewhat comforting to see
1. - Hibernian

GreenCastle
15-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Let's stay there !!

Billy Whizz
15-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Is this the 1st time we've been top in the 3rd season in this division? I think it is, let's stay there

scoopyboy
15-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Is this the 1st time we've been top in the 3rd season in this division? I think it is, let's stay there

Nope, after five games this season we were two points clear

Hibby Bairn
15-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Nah. We're 13th.

Onceinawhile
15-10-2016, 09:20 PM
4 games without a win and we move up a place.

Bizarre.

GreenCastle
15-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Considering we have only played well for half of the first round of games I will take it.

Would be good to go on a run and create a gap again.

lord bunberry
15-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Top of the league and this forums full of doom and gloom. Wait until you see the sending off today! Just like the Ayr game it robbed us of a victory. Far too many people want to have a dig at the team for not winning, when there has been very obvious reasons for us not winning.
Keep the faith.

California-Hibs
15-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Top of the league and this forums full of doom and gloom. Wait until you see the sending off today! Just like the Ayr game it robbed us of a victory. Far too many people want to have a dig at the team for not winning, when there has been very obvious reasons for us not winning.
Keep the faith.

Exactly. Before people continue to get all up in arms about us drawing again and not winning, please wait until you see the sending off, an utter utter joke. I don't care what level you're playing at, playing 10 against 11 is no easy task, and they ARE one of the more competent sides and were also at home. We done not too bad at all all things considered. Holt almost snuck it for us at the end as did a David Gray header. To play with 10 for so long and gaining a point while Queens dropped has to be seen as a small positive

nickwhibs
15-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Exactly. Before people continue to get all up in arms about us drawing again and not winning, please wait until you see the sending off, an utter utter joke. I don't care what level you're playing at, playing 10 against 11 is no easy task, and they ARE one of the more competent sides and were also at home. We done not too bad at all all things considered. Holt almost snuck it for us at the end as did a David Gray header. To play with 10 for so long and gaining a point while Queens dropped has to be seen as a small positive

I agree. Was a pretty decent second half display in the circumstances. And credit to Lennon for keeping three attackers on and having a go to try and win the game at a tricky venue. Hibs will improve I'm sure.

majorhibs
16-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Another "pretty decent" draw? Stop it. Wins & nowt else. This team is weak compared to last 2 promoted Hibs teams. Needs shaking up, top down, & a lot, lot less airhead supporters who have never been anywhere

SaulGoodman
16-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Another "pretty decent" draw? Stop it. Wins & nowt else. This team is weak compared to last 2 promoted Hibs teams. Needs shaking up, top down, & a lot, lot less airhead supporters who have never been anywhere

No offence, but gtf

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2016, 12:57 AM
Four league games without a win is a concern at this level. We need to buck up our ideas, or we won't stay top for long.

MWHIBBIES
16-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Another "pretty decent" draw? Stop it. Wins & nowt else. This team is weak compared to last 2 promoted Hibs teams. Needs shaking up, top down, & a lot, lot less airhead supporters who have never been anywhereGo support Celtic.

NZ Green
16-10-2016, 05:21 AM
Four league games without a win is a concern at this level. We need to buck up our ideas, or we won't stay top for long.
I'll save my judgment for when we finish a game with 11 on the pitch.

Keith_M
16-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Nah. We're 13th.

There are plenty of other theads for the wrist slitters, this is for the happy clappers only :na na:

neil7908
16-10-2016, 07:53 AM
I'll save my judgment for when we finish a game with 11 on the pitch.

We finished with 11 men against Dundee United and St Mirren, both at home but failed to win either.

Bartley's red against Ayr was obviously rescinded but we were 1-0 up at that point and I was really disappointed not to close the game out.

I'm not trying to be totally doom and gloom but I'm also getting concerned about how few goals we score as a team.

hibeemikey21
16-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Have you been places and done things?

Second question; is your name Billy?

Spike Mandela
16-10-2016, 08:24 AM
An old cliché but it's the league position in April/May that counts.

We had a good start this year and put some clear distance between ourselves, Falkirk and Dundee Utd. We have seen that dwindle over the past few weeks.

We beat Falkirk in first game of season but that means Falkirk have two points more than us in the other 8 games. Then, to only be 3 points ahead of a very, very poor Utd team struggling to find it's feet in a lower division is a big missed opportunity imo.

Massive improvement in results and play is required to equal our ambition for this league.

Springbank
16-10-2016, 08:36 AM
I've only got one point to make, but I'll phrase it twice, once for the happy clappers and once for the realists. Here goes:

We are top of the league and to stay there we now need to move the ball quicker

Or

We are pretty spawny to be top but we're still in the pack (only 3 points clear of a bunch of teams) To push on we need to move the ball much quicker, press quicker, movement off the ball needs to be quicker, then we see some bigger results
We are still too slow in possession to relax or be complacent...but we are top!!

Let's win this league

Roxyhibee
16-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Pretty certain we will stay there and extend it gradually over the season.

hibbysam
16-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Massive next three games. A huge chance to get back on track and put some daylight between us and the pack.
Dunfermline (A) St Mirren (H) Ayr (A)

QOTS have Ayr (A) Raith (A) Dundee Utd (H)
Falkirk have Raith (H) Dundee Utd (A) Morton (H)
United have Dumbarton (H) Falkirk (H) QOTS (A).

We win all three games we will be at least 3 clear when we face Falkirk at home on November 12th

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Picking up 18 pts per qtr wont be too shabby tbh and should be enough to see us win this league. I reckon we need to pick up an average of 20 points per qtr to get into comfortable (skooshing) territory and that's what we should be aiming for.

All in all with having 18 points so far after collecting 3 red cards that never were in 3 separate games isn't actually that bad going. The only concern is the recent slump in goal scoring and if we can pick that back up again then we should be fine.

Keith_M
16-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Picking up 18 pts per qtr wont be too shabby tbh and should be enough to see us win this league. I reckon we need to pick up an average of 20 points per qtr to get into comfortable (skooshing) territory and that's what we should be aiming for.

All in all with having 18 points so far after collecting 3 red cards that never were in 3 separate games isn't actually that bad going. The only concern is the recent slump in goal scoring and if we can pick that back up again then we should be fine.

Yeah, I think 80+ is a must as well, and it really shouldn't be beyond Hibs, with the quality available.

My current concerns are actually summed up quite well by the score at Palmerston yesterday. After Hibs played Morton, their manager expressed a wish that he could have a depth of quality in his squad that Hibs have... but they're the ones that beat QOtS 5-0... and Hibs have only scored more than two goals once in the league, ironically enough, in the game against Morton.