PDA

View Full Version : Get it sorted, Hibs

Glory Lurker
15-10-2016, 03:45 PM
See tin for details.

Northernhibee
15-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Nothing we can do about ANOTHER crooked ref decision.

Jim44
15-10-2016, 03:58 PM

Scoring the odd goal would be a start. :greengrin

Pete
15-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Ach away.

lyonhibs
15-10-2016, 04:02 PM

It might have been nice to, you know, have SCORED a couple of goals before then, but from that point onwards I'd agree.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Missed a few chances but we're in control and seldom threatened. Not worried about today. I'm sensing we're going to click soon

Pretty Boy
15-10-2016, 04:03 PM
We need to address the issues with scoring goals. Our midfield contribute nothing in that regard and if Cummings isn't on form we are toiling.

After a round of fixtures we are top of the league and would arguably be 3 points or more better off but for some cheating by referees. If we can sort the glaring issue we'll be ok.

Coco Bryce
15-10-2016, 04:06 PM
One shot on target.

Absolute garbage - Get it sorted Lennon.

Heisenberg
15-10-2016, 04:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WTsxp6r.png

Eh...dont know if you noticed but we are top of the league after a supposed crisis. Stop the refs wrongly sending our players off and we might've been even further ahead.

familyman
15-10-2016, 04:08 PM
We need to address the issues with scoring goals. Our midfield contribute nothing in that regard and if Cummings isn't on form we are toiling.

After a round of fixtures we are top of the league and would arguably be 3 points or more better off but for some cheating by referees. If we can sort the glaring issue we'll be ok.
Absolute shocker, take me out for a meal and I will score a goal.......no chance this lot are showing a lack of discipline which is unprofessional and will not do.
A complete rethink is required now, top of the league by accident thanks to Q of S... disappearing over the horizon with the title I think not...
Lennon was appointed to get us promoted above all else..Where do we go from here...

ps watch United and Falkirk creeping up.....:grr:

Heisenberg
15-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Absolute shocker, take me out for a meal and I will score a goal.......no chance this lot are showing a lack of discipline which is unprofessional and will not do.
A complete rethink is required now, top of the league by accident thanks to Q of S... disappearing over the horizon with the title I think not...
Lennon was appointed to get us promoted above all else..Where do we go from here...

I hope we stay where we are tbh.

Captain Trips
15-10-2016, 04:09 PM
My concern is the gap we have blown against Dundee United. Think though we will get it sorted.

Coco Bryce
15-10-2016, 04:10 PM

Eh...dont know if you noticed but we are top of the league after a supposed crisis. Stop the refs wrongly sending our players off and we might've been even further ahead.

We should be romping this league with our budget/squad.

Heisenberg
15-10-2016, 04:11 PM

We should be. We're a round of fixtures in and top of the pile. Plenty more to come from them hopefully.

Pete
15-10-2016, 04:14 PM

We'd probably be further ahead of it wasn't for this suspect refereeing we are seeing regularly.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 04:15 PM
We were brilliant in the 2nd half, behave.

hibbytam
15-10-2016, 04:19 PM

Yer talking out of your arse. Down to 10 for a half and a bit, and we were still in complete control. No chance it was a red either.
If we play like that every week we'll win the league no problem.

Coco Bryce
15-10-2016, 04:20 PM

In control maybe...brilliant? Nah

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 04:23 PM

Brilliant aye, played Raith off the park, shouldve had a pen and they shouldve had a man off. Play like that every week we'll win the league easy.

cabbageandribs1875
15-10-2016, 04:24 PM
interesting that we've had these same threads over the last 3 seasons, fans showing concern and ridiculed, by fans saying we will be ok...Mmmm, lets hope history doesn't repeat itself this time around:rolleyes:

familyman
15-10-2016, 04:25 PM
ok I expect Hibs to blow teams away and why not?
We are HIBERNIAN FC after all..
we can start with a goal or two that would help..:flag:

Coco Bryce
15-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Brilliant aye, played Raith off the park, shouldve had a pen and they shouldve had a man off. Play like that every week we'll win the league easy.

Played brilliant with only one shot on target, but we'll win the league playing like that.

Ma sides.

Pete
15-10-2016, 04:29 PM
ok I expect Hibs to blow teams away and why not?
We are HIBERNIAN FC after all..
we can start with a goal or two that would help..:flag:

It's a lot harder to create chances, score goals and then blow teams away if you are a man down.

Relax.

15-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Played brilliant with only one shot on target, but we'll win the league playing like that.

Ma sides.

I shouldn't have bothered going to the game. Turns out you find out everything you need to know from the BBC stats page.

neil7908
15-10-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm pleased to be back on top of the league but lack of goals has been a issue for years now and unfortunately Lennon's signings don't seem to have made a difference. Even with 11 men the only game we really put the opposition to the sword was the Morton game.

I was hoping to kick on after that but the sending offs shouldn't disguise how much we are struggling for goals. If Jason isn't scoring we aren't and that won't win us the league, especially now that Dundee United and Falkirk are finding some form.

We need to keep going at the moment and hope things turn for us but I just don't see goals in this current squad.

Salt N Sauzee
15-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Pissy bedsheets all over .net again I see. We're top of the league by playing *****, calm the beans. It'll come.

Dublin07
15-10-2016, 04:45 PM
I shouldn't have bothered going to the game. Turns out you find out everything you need to know from the BBC stats page.

That's the best post of the day.

Unseen work
15-10-2016, 04:59 PM
I can't believe people are saying we played "brilliantly"

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Admittedly we have been burned by poor refereeing decisions .... but our lack of goals is becoming a real problem and bad luck or not we simply have to start winning games. In the last 4 rounds of fixtures Dundee Utd have won 3 and drawn 1 .... Falkirk have won 3 and drawn 1 ... Hibs have lost 1 and drawn 3

That's a trend we have to put a stop to because Falkirk and Utd have clearly overcome their early season jitters and are starting to put results together, unless we start turning our superiority into goals we are going to be in trouble .... as the thread title says 'get it sorted Hibs' because we simply cant afford another season in this league and I would rather Hibs started admitting they have a problem now than leave it until its too late.

At this point I would be willing to see them try anything, even if that comes to dropping Jason Cummings and seeing if a different combination of strikers works better.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 05:24 PM

Ma sides.Aye, stats tell the full story right enough.

Since90+2
15-10-2016, 05:30 PM
I am still confident we will win the league.

Over the last few weeks though it's became obvious that a lot of the support , and I would include myself in this , thought the team were better than they actually are. If you had asked me at the end of last season where would the team finish in the Premiership I would confidently have said top 4 or 5. On the evidence of this season I reckon we would probably be around 9th or 10th.

If we do get promoted and want to be challenging Aberdeen and Hearts for the European spot then major changes are needed.

emerald green
15-10-2016, 05:44 PM

Aye, stats tell the full story right enough.

The match stats, wherever they're from, of course can never give the whole story of a football match. But surely it's reasonable to say they can give a decent indication of how a game has gone?

For example, 1 shot on target tells me a different story from 12 shots on target.

SRHibs
15-10-2016, 05:52 PM
We're top of the league. Think some of yous need to settle down a bit like. I don't care if we win the league by 20 points or on goal difference, as long as we are at the top I'm happy.

ancient hibee
15-10-2016, 05:53 PM
I am still confident we will win the league.

Over the last few weeks though it's became obvious that a lot of the support , and I would include myself in this , thought the team were better than they actually are. If you had asked me at the end of last season where would the team finish in the Premiership I would confidently have said top 4 or 5. On the evidence of this season I reckon we would probably be around 9th or 10th.

If we do get promoted and want to be challenging Aberdeen and Hearts for the European spot then major changes are needed.

The same major changes that both Hearts and Rangers had to make.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 05:53 PM
The match stats, wherever they're from, of course can never give the whole story of a football match. But surely it's reasonable to say they can give a decent indication of how a game has gone?

For example, 1 shot on target tells me a different story from 12 shots on target.1 shot on target doesn't take into account us hitting the bar, having 2 good penalty shouts, being much the better team despite the red card and Holt being inches away from scoring. We were very good today, can't fault anyone.

scoopyboy
15-10-2016, 05:59 PM
See tin for details.

Just back from Kirkcaldy, no sure what you're on about.

emerald green
15-10-2016, 06:01 PM
1 shot on target doesn't take into account us hitting the bar, having 2 good penalty shouts, being much the better team despite the red card and Holt being inches away from scoring. We were very good today, can't fault anyone.

That's great. I wasn't there, so can't argue.

As I said, the match stats can't tell the whole story of a football match. But you get what I'm saying presumably?

AlbertK86
15-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Wasn't there today but colleague who supports says Hibs deserved to win

Andy74
15-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Missed a few chances but we're in control and seldom threatened. Not worried about today. I'm sensing we're going to click soon

Thought we looked back in decent form overall today. Back to basics a bit. Red card was another shocker.

HibsNutter
15-10-2016, 06:15 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

northstandhibby
15-10-2016, 06:24 PM
A referee called Alan Muir denied us the most blatant handball penalty ever seen against falkirk in the first play-off last season. It was a truly epic failure by a referee who had a clear sight of it not to award us a stonewall penalty.

Now more shockers going against us which could ultimately prevent us promotion if it continues to carry on.

Thought we played well after going down to ten men and did well not to lose when a man down.

Well done to the players for that.

Hope to goodness Rod or Leanne highlight these so called unbiased referees like Muir and Finnie.

Also do one Skacel you're stealing wages from Raith you cretin.

GGTTH

HibsNutter
15-10-2016, 06:27 PM
We deserved to win today, the ovation the fans gave the players at the end after a 0-0 draw said it all. We keep dropping points because we're losing players. Particularly one player who has given the referee the chance to send him off twice in four games.

Get it sorted, OP.

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2016, 06:28 PM
We deserved to win today, the ovation the fans gave the players at the end after a 0-0 draw said it all. We keep dropping points because we're losing players. Particularly one player who has given the referee the chance to send him off twice in four games.

Get it sorted, OP.

:agree::agree:

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Thought we looked back in decent form overall today. Back to basics a bit. Red card was another shocker.

Yip, better side and a shocking refereeing decision.....

Ringothedog
15-10-2016, 06:32 PM

Get it sorted, OP.

And the minute he was sent off we become a better team, Bartley was dreadful prior to his sending off and is a liability.

Dashing Bob S
15-10-2016, 06:44 PM
My concern is the gap we have blown against Dundee United. Think though we will get it sorted.

Agreed. McKinnon will make them stronger after Christmas. We should have been way out in front of them, now they have some momentum going. Still, as QOS showed, that can quickly go.

Since90+2
15-10-2016, 06:47 PM
The same major changes that both Hearts and Rangers had to make.

Are we winning the league in the same fashion either of those did?

Hearts won the league by 21 points and accumulated 91 points. Rangers won the league with about 8 games to spare and then took their foot off the gas but still accumulated 81 points.

If we win the league in a similar fashion then I would agree major changes are not required. The chances of us doing so at this moment in time I would suggest are very slim.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 06:47 PM
That's great. I wasn't there, so can't argue.

As I said, the match stats can't tell the whole story of a football match. But you get what I'm saying presumably?Yes, on the face of it it isn't a great result but all things considered I went home pleased. Team worked so much harder than last week and deserved more. Ref was shocking.

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Yes, on the face of it it isn't a great result but all things considered I went home pleased. Team worked so much harder than last week and deserved more. Ref was shocking.

spot on.........................

familyman
15-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Aye, stats tell the full story right enough.
For this season only the only stat that matters is the points won....

Andy74
15-10-2016, 06:51 PM
And the minute he was sent off we become a better team, Bartley was dreadful prior to his sending off and is a liability.

No he wasn't. He was doing his job pretty well.

hibbytam
15-10-2016, 07:17 PM

?

I thought he was having a good game. made an excellent defensive cover/run about 10 minutes or so before the red card.

FitbaFolkKen
15-10-2016, 07:25 PM
For this season only the only stat that matters is the points won....

Surely the only stat that matters is the league position? Top as we are now?

Sir David Gray
15-10-2016, 07:31 PM

We weren't bad in the second half but we wouldn't have failed to score against a bang average Raith Rovers side if we had been brilliant.

Glory Lurker
15-10-2016, 07:59 PM
I didn't see much today that gave me the impression that we've put the last few weeks indifferent form behind us.

Paisley Hibby
15-10-2016, 08:09 PM
We weren't bad in the second half but we wouldn't have failed to score against a bang average Raith Rovers side if we had been brilliant.

Looked much more solid at the back. Good in midfield and some good balls into the box. I believe our strikers are the problem - they just don't look ruthless/sharp enough. Need much more time and space than they'll ever get from the packed defences in this league. Also, need for Jason to communicate better with Holt. Couple of times Holt was in a great position only for Jason to keep going himself and blast over the bar.

I agree with those worried about the quality of most of Lennon's signings. Graham came on with ten minutes to go and mostly just ran around waving his arms like a big girl. Completely ineffective.

ancient hibee
15-10-2016, 10:34 PM

Hearts won the league by 21 points and accumulated 91 points. Rangers won the league with about 8 games to spare and then took their foot off the gas but still accumulated 81 points.

If we win the league in a similar fashion then I would agree major changes are not required. The chances of us doing so at this moment in time I would suggest are very slim.

You're totally missing my point I think.The Rangers and Hearts did make major changes to the teams when promoted.I'm not saying we don't need major changes,quite the reverse.

The Captain....
15-10-2016, 10:59 PM
I thought the players second half reacted to the increased noise from the away end following the injustice felt by the sending off. The commitment second half was a vast improvement, if we'd showed the same level of effort first half with 11 we'd have been in front by half time.

Still not sure how we are going to score goals watching us today tho...Holt at times is decent at holding the ball up but he won't get in the box and score goals and if he gets more than half a dozen this season I'll be amazed. That would be ok if we had midfield runners getting beyond him, but we dont, indeed Cummings and Keatings are frequently too detached and deep themselves.

If we're going to 'skoosh' the league ( I dont think we will, I feel it will be a 5-8 point gap at most) we must bring in some decent quality strikers/wide players with pace in the Jan window. Our Summer window was very poor and smacked of complacency..none of the payers brought in have made a decent contribution so far and we are weaker in a key area of the team imo.

IWasThere2016
15-10-2016, 11:12 PM
A couple of million banked post play-offs, two Cup Finals and finally a SC win
Compo for the Manager of six figures
ST sales beyond expectations

.. and yet

We appear to have a squad that is no stronger/deeper than last season's which finished 3rd!

Only a Hibs Board could fail to grasp how absolutely vital promotion is after three seasons in a lower league and fail to invest significantly.

We should NOT be discussing the need for signings in the January window by mid-October ffs!

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2016, 11:44 PM
A couple of million banked post play-offs, two Cup Finals and finally a SC win
Compo for the Manager of six figures
ST sales beyond expectations

.. and yet

We appear to have a squad that is no stronger/deeper than last season's which finished 3rd!

Only a Hibs Board could fail to grasp how absolutely vital promotion is after three seasons in a lower league and fail to invest significantly.

We should NOT be discussing the need for signings in the January window by mid-October ffs!

No we shouldn't, but we are. Our lack of goals is disturbing and with Cummings drying up lately you would hope somebody else would step up, but so far it hasn't happened. Its a long way between now and January and we have 10 fixtures before then, but if our scoring record doesn't improve in that time it would be extremely lax of the board and manager not to be looking for more options up front. The bugger is that good strikers are hard to find in the summer window and in January just about impossible.

We could look at a couple of loan signings, but they rarely work out, folk like Liam Henderson are the exception not the rule and our only current loanee Andrew Shinnie is already beginning to show signs of why he cant break into the Birmingham team.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2016, 01:13 AM

we would need to win 21 of our remaining 27 games just to equal that sevco total, and 24 wins and a draw to equal the hertz total, or...just win all 27 games to give us 99 points :)

i think :greengrin

Forza Fred
16-10-2016, 04:15 AM
I don't think we are a better side than last season.

I am hoping that the opposition we face isn't as good as last season also.

We are NOT a Premier league side playing in the wrong division, we are a Championship side battling to finish above other fellow Championship sides.

emerald green
16-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Hibs have accumulated 18 points after the first round of league fixtures. If that points haul were to be repeated in each of the remaining three rounds of fixtures, that would total 72 points at the end of the season.

Would that be enough points to win the Championship title?

bigwheel
16-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Hibs have accumulated 18 points after the first round of league fixtures. If that points haul were to be repeated in each of the remaining three rounds of fixtures, that would total 72 points at the end of the season.

Would that be enough points to win the Championship title?

72 points would have won the league only 4 times out of the last 10 years....It would only be 2 points more than we have accumulated the last two seasons in the league (70 points both seasons). Below are the teams and winning points totals from last 10 season.

gretna

hamilton

st j

ICT

Dunf

ross c

PTFC

Dundee

Hearts

Huns

MacGruber
16-10-2016, 10:16 AM
[/B]No we shouldn't, but we are. Our lack of goals is disturbing and with Cummings drying up lately you would hope somebody else would step up, but so far it hasn't happened. Its a long way between now and January and we have 10 fixtures before then, but if our scoring record doesn't improve in that time it would be extremely lax of the board and manager not to be looking for more options up front. The bugger is that good strikers are hard to find in the summer window and in January just about impossible.

We could look at a couple of loan signings, but they rarely work out, folk like Liam Henderson are the exception not the rule and our only current loanee Andrew Shinnie is already beginning to show signs of why he cant break into the Birmingham team.

This is where the manager earns his corn. Stubbs brought in Malonga one January, Stokes the next. Lennon's signings have thus far not delivered much of anything.

MacGruber
16-10-2016, 10:17 AM
That said - I agree with you!

emerald green
16-10-2016, 10:28 AM
72 points would have won the league only 4 times out of the last 10 years....It would only be 2 points more than we have accumulated the last two seasons in the league (70 points both seasons). Below are the teams and winning points totals from last 10 season.

gretna

hamilton

st j

ICT

Dunf

ross c

PTFC

Dundee

Hearts

Huns

Thanks. That was quick! :aok:

Those stats are a wee bit worrying.

bigwheel
16-10-2016, 10:40 AM

I was actually just looking at those stats when I read your post. We need to average over 20 points per q to win in my view ..

emerald green
16-10-2016, 10:42 AM
I was actually just looking at those stats when I read your post. We need to average over 20 points per q to win in my view ..

I'd agree with that. The team simply must start scoring more goals.

fulshie
16-10-2016, 11:15 AM
After the past few games QOTS, DU etc I wasn't that concerned as I felt we were the better team but, I would be a liar if I weren't a wee bit concerned now about our lack of discipline and lack of goals being scored. I still think we have the best squad and the fact that our last few games haven't been great and we're top of the league keeps my hopes of winning the title alive. Also, although I have a wee concern I truly believe we will start playing better just hope its sooner rather than later.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 11:27 AM

If Falkirk repeat their point tally throughout the remaining three quarters of the season, they'll end up with 68 points and Dundee Utd will be on 60 points.

We are around 5 or 6 points behind where I expected us to be at this stage in the season which is disappointing but we're still top, albeit only on goal difference.

We need to start scoring some goals. We managed 10 in our first 4 league games which was decent but to only score 3 in our last 5 is pathetic to be perfectly honest.

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 11:42 AM
After the past few games QOTS, DU etc I wasn't that concerned as I felt we were the better team but, I would be a liar if I weren't a wee bit concerned now about our lack of discipline and lack of goals being scored. I still think we have the best squad and the fact that our last few games haven't been great and we're top of the league keeps my hopes of winning the title alive. Also, although I have a wee concern I truly believe we will start playing better just hope its sooner rather than later.

Cant see why, all 3 sending offs have been nothing to do with discipline, and more to do with what looks to me a combination of incompetent referees and perhaps something even more sinister like cheating referees

emerald green
16-10-2016, 11:55 AM
If Falkirk repeat their point tally throughout the remaining three quarters of the season, they'll end up with 68 points and Dundee Utd will be on 60 points.

We are around 5 or 6 points behind where I expected us to be at this stage in the season which is disappointing but we're still top, albeit only on goal difference.

We need to start scoring some goals. We managed 10 in our first 4 league games which was decent but to only score 3 in our last 5 is pathetic to be perfectly honest.

It's all ifs and buts I know, and there's a long way to go until the end of the season. But those numbers are quite an eye opener.

It just seems too close for comfort for me at the moment. No sign of "skooshing it" yet. It would be great if they could, but so far this seems to be a fairly competitive league, albeit the overall quality isn't very good.

Like you though, I was expecting (maybe hoping is the right word) Hibs would be several points clear at the top by now. As it stands, we have very little breathing space, and I think the players are feeling the pressure of having to win week in week out, which is what's required to win a league title. Do they have the required mental strength? When the pressure is off, teams play with confidence, are not afraid of making mistakes, and tend to bang the goals in.

Hibs need to be scoring a lot more goals, that's obvious. It's up to NL and the players to find a way of doing that.

Lago
16-10-2016, 01:54 PM
I'd agree with that. The team simply must start scoring more goals.
Thats the nub of the problem, a lack of goals not just from the strikers but the team as a whole.

emerald green
16-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Thats the nub of the problem, a lack of goals not just from the strikers but the team as a whole.

:agree:

Steve20
17-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Heard people blaming the strikers when walking out the ground. Yes they need to score more, but what service are they getting? Midfield create next to nothing still.

jacomo
17-10-2016, 01:43 PM

That will do for me. Obviously a nice run of wins would help the nerves and give us some breathing space, but we are where we need to be.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Heard people blaming the strikers when walking out the ground. Yes they need to score more, but what service are they getting? Midfield create next to nothing still.

Totally agree and have been saying similar for a few weeks.

Last season we were guilty of missing far too many chances. This season we aren't creating nearly enough and that's a worry.