Not good enough

Lewis telegraphs everything

Hanlon back to front time after time and suspect at the back

tamig
15-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Mmmm. Interesting comments.

SRHibs
15-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Hanlon is alright but all of this talk about how he should be playing for Scotland is absolutely radge.

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 02:41 PM
We need a big hard bsterwsfd at the back

Centre Hawf
15-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Hibs out of form again? Better post about Hanlon and Stevenson being not good enough.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Both playing just fine, laughable thread.

SRHibs
15-10-2016, 02:56 PM

1 Welsh player is enough.

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Should add Cummings to that list useless

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Both playing just fine, laughable thread.

That's that then

Pretty Boy
15-10-2016, 03:19 PM
They are just easy targets.

Our poor form of recent weeks has been as much, in fact more, down to the performances of a few of the favourites as it has the go to guys like Hanlon, Fyvie and Stevenson.

SRHibs
15-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Should add Cummings to that list useless

Ok now you're at the wind-up, or mortal.

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Ok now you're at the wind-up, or mortal.

Cummings can't link up and doesn't score enough to justify his place

Brightside
15-10-2016, 03:55 PM
How many did we get beat by today?

lyonhibs
15-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Cummings can't link up and doesn't score enough to justify his place

If HE hasn't scored enough this season, then who has in your humble opinion.

What piffle.

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 04:07 PM
We don't score goals Cummings couldn't make a partnership with malonga keatings Stokes holt maybe it's !!!! Cummings

Diclonius
15-10-2016, 04:08 PM
:yawn:

1987kev
15-10-2016, 04:09 PM
We don't score goals Cummings couldn't make a partnership with malonga keatings Stokes holt maybe it's !!!! Cummings

Cummings is our top goal scorer has been the last 2 season I thought him and king Dom work well together

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Cummings is our top goal scorer has been the last 2 season I thought him and king Dom work well together

No they didn't

Rougier45
15-10-2016, 04:15 PM
All about opinions and transfer window closed so I should probably shut up

lucky
15-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Not good enough

Based on what both played well today

A Hi-Bee
15-10-2016, 05:11 PM

Opinions don't make you or I or anyone else a good judge,:cb Hanlon is a very competent Football player while Stevenson is the best Left Back we presently have at the club.

Centre Hawf
15-10-2016, 05:38 PM
No they didn't

Oh yes they did!

scoopyboy
15-10-2016, 06:03 PM

First sensible thing you've stated

staunchhibby
15-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Agree re cummings have watched him over the last couple of weeks and think he has been poor.Spend less time moaning and just get on with it.

oldbutdim
15-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Decent performance from our first choice back four.

I thought Lewis should have seen more of the ball - he had the right back on toast.

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Not good enough

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Mr White
15-10-2016, 06:34 PM

We already have one in (local hero) Darren Mcgregor.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Not good enough

Surely in this day and age Lewis has broadband?

Vault Boy
15-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Hanlon is an excellent player and we're lucky to have kept him.

Shrekko
15-10-2016, 06:57 PM
We already have one in (local hero) Darren Mcgregor.

Exactly. Hard as nails.

Does he get the credit he deserves yet? I'm not sure he does but I do know I was confident that nobody was getting the better of him today. The way he attacks the ball and relishes physical battles is inspirational.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2016, 07:23 PM
We drew 0-0 today and we're slating half of our defence.

Am I reading this right?

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2016, 07:29 PM
McGregor was as close to a perfect defensive performance as I've seen at Hibs. He won everything today.

B.H.F.C
15-10-2016, 07:49 PM
McGregor was as close to a perfect defensive performance as I've seen at Hibs. He won everything today.

He won every ball that came in to the box today. Superb. Just don't ask him to pass the thing.

Borderhibbie76
15-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Some of the threads on here tonight are way OTT but this one in particular....dearie me 🙄

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
15-10-2016, 10:22 PM
We have only conceded 5 goals in 9 league games. The best defensive record in the league.

We have scored 13 goals , the same as Morton and Raith and 2 less than Dundee Utd.

Its pretty obvious where our issue is so far this season.

High-On-Hibs
15-10-2016, 10:23 PM
In terms of defending, Hanlon and Stevenson are relatively solid. However, the quality getting the ball forward is severely lacking.

northstandhibby
15-10-2016, 10:26 PM

:top marks

I think signing Darren McGregor was a magnificent achievement. Not only is he a top defender he has helped Paul Hanlon step up to be the top defender we all knew he could become.

Well done Darren.

GGTTH

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Surely this thread's got to be binned?

I wasn't there today admittedly, but Hanlon, Stevenson AND Cummings being called useless, in the same thread, by the same person is just laughable. I've read pish before. And this is right up there

PompeyHibs
16-10-2016, 06:49 AM
They are not great players we know this from watching them for years.
Negatives are they are part of the team that got us relegated, finished several seasons in bottom six, 5-1, three years and counting in the diddy league, 9-0 v Malmo on a positive note they helped us win the Scottish cup

🏆

Since90+2
16-10-2016, 07:26 AM
They are not great players we know this from watching them for years.
Negatives are they are part of the team that got us relegated, finished several seasons in bottom six, 5-1, three years and counting in the diddy league, 9-0 v Malmo on a positive note they helped us win the Scottish cup

🏆

Stevenson has won both the league cup and the Scottish. Something a Hear7s player has not done for a long long time (if ever). How long is it since Hear7s won the league cup again?

Hanlon scored THAT last minute equaliser at Tynecastle that set us on our way to the most dramatic Scottish cup win in history. Makes the win even sweeter knowing they bottled it.

poolman
16-10-2016, 09:56 AM

Splendid idea

Steve20
16-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Hanlon is our best defender. I do agree about the playing back to front not working, but it's not just him that does it. They're obviously told my management to play that way.

jdships
16-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Hibs out of form again? Better post about Hanlon and Stevenson being not good enough.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
Borders on the laughable

Borderhibbie76
16-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Pompey Hibs aye right then 😂😂😂away and help built your new tin bus shelter mate 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Stevenson is limited as an attacking wing back, but you can count on one hand the number of times he gives the ball away in a season and he is a reasonably solid defender. Hanlon is an excellent centre half and his distribution is way better than a lot of folk give him credit for.

Why start a thread having a go at our defenders when our problems lie at the other end of the pitch? .... we have the best defensive record in the league, close to only losing 1 goal every 2 games .... if we fail to win this league and a defensive record like that continues the last folk to be pinning the blame on will be anybody in our back 4.

Ridiculous thread :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
16-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Stevenson is limited as an attacking wing back, but you can count on one hand the number of times he gives the ball away in a season and he is a reasonably solid defender. Hanlon is an excellent centre half and his distribution is way better than a lot of folk give him credit for.

Why start a thread having a go at our defenders when our problems lie at the other end of the pitch? .... we have the best defensive record in the league, close to only losing 1 goal every 2 games .... if we fail to win this league and a defensive record like that continues the last folk to be pinning the blame on will be anybody in our back 4.

Ridiculous thread :bitchy:

:agree: 3 goals scored in our last 5 league games is where our problems currently lie.

confused
16-10-2016, 12:28 PM
I,m disgusted the way we quickly slate our own , what a load of tosh , they might no be superstars , but they are our own , give them a break ,

PompeyHibs
16-10-2016, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;4838465]Pompey Hibs aye right then 😂😂😂away and help built your new tin bus shelter mate 😂😂

Very strange post / reply🍻🍻 keep the faith Ggtth

PompeyHibs
16-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Stevenson has won both the league cup and the Scottish. Something a Hear7s player has not done for a long long time (if ever). How long is it since Hear7s won the league cup again?

Hanlon scored THAT last minute equaliser at Tynecastle that set us on our way to the most dramatic Scottish cup win in history. Makes the win even sweeter knowing they bottled it.

I like both players but i dont think they are great players.
We've had a few good days out and a few bad ones.

Highlights are defo the cup wins

Ronniekirk
16-10-2016, 01:07 PM
:agree: 3 goals scored in our last 5 league games is where our problems currently lie.

Cummings is clearly out of sorts just now following his great start to the season He could be feeling the pressure of being our only consistent goal threat but then agsin against united not one chamce was created for him Dont know if he had any yesterday ,but we havent been creating as many chances as we used to in a game

Rougier45
16-10-2016, 01:08 PM
I like both players but i dont think they are great players.
We've had a few good days out and a few bad ones.

Highlights are defo the cup wins

Exactly / Stevenson is an ok defender - nice man - but crossing is average at best and when we play with out wingers that's a big issue .
-
Hanlon I don't get he is no Jackie McNamara nor is he a George STEWART or even a Gary Caldwell - would have been better for everyone if he left when Aberdeen came in - he played countless diagonal balls yesterday that just come back at us - his defending is OK but he folds under the slightest pressure

Cummings just doesn't link up - he is like kris Boyd but with a. Lot less goals . Wish it wasn't true

Problem is scoring goals and this is all related - the championship is pish and we should be strolling it - but we are not certainties and that's worrying

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Exactly / Stevenson is an ok defender - nice man - but crossing is average at best and when we play with out wingers that's a big issue .
-
Hanlon I don't get he is no Jackie McNamara nor is he a George STEWART or even a Gary Caldwell - would have been better for everyone if he left when Aberdeen came in - he played countless diagonal balls yesterday that just come back at us - his defending is OK but he folds under the slightest pressure

Cummings just doesn't link up - he is like kris Boyd but with a. Lot less goals . Wish it wasn't true

Problem is scoring goals and this is all related - the championship is pish and we should be strolling it - but we are not certainties and that's worrying

Who would you play instead of Stevenson and Hanlon?

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2016, 01:10 PM
-

:blah::blah:

Oscar T Grouch
16-10-2016, 01:21 PM
-

In the last two seasons he has scored a barrel load more than Boyd :confused: but dinae let the facts get in the way of your opinion :wink:

Brightside
16-10-2016, 02:00 PM
-

Have you not sobered up yet?

lyonhibs
16-10-2016, 07:43 PM
-

Would it be safe to say you've not actually looked at the stats for goals scored for Boyd vs Cummings since Cummings became a regular first team starter?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2016, 08:02 PM

This. At the Championship level we should not be embarrassed about a defender who can win the ball and either get it away from danger or put it straight back where it came from.

Bostonhibby
16-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Would it be safe to say you've not actually looked at the stats for goals scored for Boyd vs Cummings since Cummings became a regular first team starter?
Jason Cummings, the hammer of the yams. They let him go and we signed him for nowt.[emoji1]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk