chinaman
14-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Scored the winner on his Cardiff debut. [emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And man of the match

Highland_Hibee
14-10-2016, 09:27 PM
And man of the match

Kinda another little insight into the Championship not being the standard folk think it is. As much as I loved Sol he split opinion with us at best. Capable of a stand out performance down there for a former Premiership side.

Forza Fred
14-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Kinda another little insight into the Championship not being the standard folk think it is. As much as I loved Sol he split opinion with us at best. Capable of a stand out performance down there for a former Premiership side.

Depends on what standard they think it is?

Highland_Hibee
14-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Depends on what standard they think it is?

Ohh it's a wasteland of many a fallen giant who can't escape its clutches of competition so fierce. Most competitive league outside the fabled BPL.

jgl07
14-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Ohh it's a wasteland of many a fallen giant who can't escape its clutches of competition so fierce. Most competitive league outside the fabled BPL.

Bulgarian Premier League? Belgian Premier League?

14-10-2016, 10:42 PM

I always thought Bamba was indisputably excellent at Hibs

jacomo
14-10-2016, 11:21 PM

:agree:

Loved him. Dug us out of a hole (often of his own making) many a time.

Highland_Hibee
14-10-2016, 11:24 PM

I always thought this too but discussions with Hibs fans proved he had a fair few doubters. He did have a few bomb scare performances in his earlier days right enough. Some folk never move on.

Centre Hawf
15-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Excellent player. But far too inconsistent for any side that wants to win a title or anything. He was perfect for 4 games then chucked it in the 5th. Ill still always love him though and best of luck to him at Cardiff.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2016, 08:35 AM
It's funny how we have a defense who all have during their time put in a performance which would make you think they'd never kicked a ball in their life before, yet none are described as a bomb scare.

And none of our defenders since he was at the club had as much pace, or ability that Sol Bamba had. Add in the quality of the men we had the pleasure of watching play alongside him, yet he's the bomb scare? :confused:

I'd love a few players now who'd qualify as that kind of bomb scare.

High-On-Hibs
15-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Always felt he was underrated in a Hibs top. He strolled the midfield far more often than not. Every player will have bad days, but I felt his bad days were very few compared to others at the time and since then.

He's a talent who seized the opportunity to move down south and make some big money. Nothing wrong with that.

northstandhibby
15-10-2016, 09:23 AM
I thought Sol Bamba was a top player. Was disappointed when he left. Another one who disappointed me when he left too quickly was Craig Rocastle who I think was on loan from Sheffield Wednesday. He looked like he could also hit the heights but not heard too much of him since.

Come on the Cabbage let's get three points against Raith today.

:flag: