PDA

View Full Version : New multinational league

lucky
13-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Seen this on twitter:
Breaking: FC Copenhagen are in negotiations to join multinational league with clubs from Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Sweden etc [via BT]

Wonder if this will get off the ground this time and what it entails. Not seen any media coverage.
Anyone support this? Would Hibs be involved? I'd like to know more of the details

jgl07
13-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Seen this on twitter:
Breaking: FC Copenhagen are in negotiations to join multinational league with clubs from Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Sweden etc [via BT]

Wonder if this will get off the ground this time and what it entails. Not seen any media coverage.
Anyone support this? Would Hibs be involved? I'd like to know more of the details
The Fishfinger League proposal yet again.

This has been talked about for twenty years or more. I don't see it happening.

Moulin Yarns
13-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Apologies for the Daily Record copy, but it saves others looking

DANE Anders Hørsholt reveals talks are on-going in the face of Champions League fears

THE Atlantic League is seemingly marching towards inevitability – with a key figure confirming talks have taken place in the face of Champions League (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/champions-league) fears. FC Copenhagen director Anders Hørsholt revealed discussions have been on-going to set up a European league involving teams from Scotland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Sweden.

Clubs have acted over concerns of being frozen out of the Champions League by a Continental cartel.

Record Sport in February exclusively revealed Celtic (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/celtic-fc) chief executive Peter Lawwell had reached out to Ajax among other outfits in an attempt to fight the proposals of Europe’s elite clubs, who are attempting to drive through an invitation-only version of the competition.

Hørsholt insisted the Atlantic League will see the likes of Celtic and Rangers (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc) quit the SPFL (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/scottish-professional-football-league) for this new venture. It’s not yet clear if other Scottish clubs such as Aberdeen and Hearts are involved, although Danish sources believe there will be 12 to 16 teams in a league drawn from six countries.

In an interview with Danish newspaper BT, Hørsholt said: "Yes it's true. If we do not act now, we will see the biggest clubs grow larger and stronger while it will be increasingly difficult for clubs like us.
"We must therefore look at which alternative international opportunities for FC Copenhagen in the future.

"Here it is still too early to talk about specific models, but the discussion of leagues across European borders is a theme that we look at and actively participates in."

With Europe's biggest clubs looking to squeeze out the smaller nations and the current Champions League deal set to expire in 2021, Hørsholt insists the clubs in countries that are classed as only medium-sized in European scale have to seek an alternative.

He said: "We understand that the biggest clubs act as they do.
"But it also means that we must look at the market, it leaves and seek alliances with teams from other countries in the same situation.

"This is not a situation that we have created, but we have to deal with it, because we can not live with the alternative accounting. We must continue to develop as a club and be attractive to sponsors, the most skilled players and staff. Therefore, it is essential that we are at the European level."
Hørsholt also insisted the only way a new European league can work is if member clubs leave their domestic set-ups.
He added: "FC Copenhagen and other European clubs that will be part of a new European league will step out of their domestic leagues. It is still well in the future, but it may well be the result."

Talk of an Atlantic-style league including Celtic and Rangers and clubs from Scandinavia, Belgium and the Netherlands have been doing the rounds since 1999, when PSV's sporting director Frank Arnesen first mentioned it.
Earlier this month SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster again voiced fears the Champions League could become a closed shop and Hørsholt believes changes are inevitable.
He said: "The latest development is a clear step away from the idea of 'The Football Family', which would otherwise have been the foundation of both UEFA, ECA (European Club Association) and entire cooperation of Football Europe.

"In short, we have no alternative. We are a club that should help ensure that Denmark has a place in international club football. We will fight for the track in the next Champions League, but we will also fight outside while a new European football map is drawn."

lucky
13-10-2016, 09:22 AM
From Danish paper:
Photo: Liselotte Sabroe
FC Copenhagen can leave the Super League and instead plant the flag in a transnational league. But the lions are not necessarily the only one. Brondby may follow.

FC Copenhagen conducting negotiations that ultimately can result in a farewell to the Danish Superliga and a hello to a new transnational league in company with clubs from countries like Holland, Belgium, Norway and Sweden. The BT can reveal today, Thursday.

andershorsholt Read also:
Ready to leave the Super League: FC Copenhagen negotiating a new international league
Copenhagen are among the architects of the new league, but the Danish champions are not the only Danish club on the drawing board. The clubs behind the measure will have even a red-white club. But only one. The club Brondby.

According to BT's information is Brøndby thus been contacted by the people behind the new European league, and the switch is noted. Unlike FCK sits Brondby not at the table where the drawings for the new international league is discussed.

"We are aware of the existence of discussions about alternatives to the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and we have been presented with some of these general ideas. With the changes notified in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, as in the degree will hit smaller football nations, we are not surprised that there are discussed alternatives, "said Brøndby's communications director, Christian Schultz, to BT.

fck Read also:
FCK is ready to break out of the Super League: How to respond clubs
Any new league that words can contain both FC Copenhagen and Brøndby, the earliest see the light of day in 2021 when the next UEFA plans for the Champions League is to expire. But here the Super League is, in theory lose its two biggest clubs in terms of both interest, sporting performance and economy.

"Super League would survive. The question is at what level. If they come out, there will continue to be a Alka Superliga. And it is also good for someone who enters and fills the empty shoes, "is the response to what scenario from director Divionsforeningen, Claus Thomsen.

Waving FC Copenhagen and Brøndby goodbye to Super League in favor of a trans-national league, the games against AaB, FC Midtjylland and Randers will be replaced by the clash against Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Feyenoord, Anderlecht and Celtic.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Surely it would be a North Sea/ Baltic Sea league... Not Atlantic!

easty
13-10-2016, 09:33 AM
I don't see the appeal.

Diclonius
13-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Can't they just merge all the leagues/top divisions together to form one big pyramid? Promotion/relegation as normal with the national leagues as "regional" parts of the pyramid.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-10-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't see the appeal.

If the old firm thought they would make more money playing in Moldova they would

son of haggart
13-10-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't see the appeal.

I do

No old firm appeals to me a lot

Baldy Foghorn
13-10-2016, 10:23 AM
I do

Yeah if they could sod off for good, that would be perfect:aok:

Keith_M
13-10-2016, 10:26 AM
I like the sound of The Fish Finger League.

:greengrin

For one thing, it opens up no end of sponsorship opportunities

son of haggart
13-10-2016, 10:53 AM

Not going to happen

The whole things a load of old codswallop

Baldy Foghorn
13-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Not going to happen

Surely a plaice for them in some other format (or fish pie in the sky):rolleyes:

overdrive
13-10-2016, 11:29 AM

To be fair both the North Sea and Baltic Sea are part of the Atlantic.

Swedish hibee
13-10-2016, 11:37 AM
What Swedish team is it?

Thecat23
13-10-2016, 11:49 AM
This has as much chance of happening as Hearts winning the CL after Vlad came in.

Slow news day so they need something to pretend is happening.

lord bunberry
13-10-2016, 11:52 AM
I can't think of anything worse than hibs being in this sort of league. Hopefully the ugly sisters **** off and join this league and leave the rest of us to get back to making the Scottish league what it used to be before they ruined it.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Anybody who thinks Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would be able to carry on as they were with the level of infrastructure they have in a league that was no longer the top league in Scotland has got rocks in their head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
13-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Anybody who thinks Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would be able to carry on as they were with the level of infrastructure they have in a league that was no longer the top league in Scotland has got rocks in their head.

It would still be the top league in Scotland, albeit without RANTIC. The major problem would be that Sponsorship, TV deals and other income would reduce dramatically. 4000 RANTIC fans 4 times a season replaced by 500 fans from say Dunfermline and Raith is a potential £400k drop, TV income(for what is) will drop and by default so would sponsorship deals. it could realistically be anything up to a £1m drop in income. it may be made up slightly by increased away crowds from Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dundee etc.

I t really irks me to say it but Scottish Football would struggle enormously if the 2 of them left and to be honest I like them being in our league , as there is nothing better than beating either of them.

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Seen this on twitter:

I cant see how the likes of Ajax would benefit from this apart from a bigger TV audience perhaps. I just cant see their fans getting over excited by a game against Utrecht for example being replaced by a game with Brondby. How many Swedish clubs float folks boat, 3 at best. I could see a merged Dutch / Belgian league having some merit ... but this mish mash, years from a ball being kicked and I'm already underwhelmed by it, even if by some miracle Hibs were involved.

lucky
13-10-2016, 12:47 PM

Scottish football would be a backwater if the Old Firm leave. Our league is bad enough being in the shadow of the EPL & English leagues without our two biggest clubs playing in another league. Our game would be the third league in the papers and TV. Future football supporters would be unlikely to support Scottish league teams.

jgl07
13-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Can't they just merge all the leagues/top divisions together to form one big pyramid? Promotion/relegation as normal with the national leagues as "regional" parts of the pyramid.
That would not be much benefit to the SPFL would it? Lose access to European competition, lose their best supported clubs and settle for a future as a feeder league.

I can just see they queuing up to sign on.

Just piss and wind from the Old Firm.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 01:02 PM
I cant see how the likes of Ajax would benefit from this apart from a bigger TV audience perhaps. I just cant see their fans getting over excited by a game against Utrecht for example being replaced by a game with Brondby. How many Swedish clubs float folks boat, 3 at best. I could see a merged Dutch / Belgian league having some merit ... but this mish mash, years from a ball being kicked and I'm already underwhelmed by it, even if by some miracle Hibs were involved.

The TV audience is the key.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 01:06 PM
It would still be the top league in Scotland, albeit without RANTIC. The major problem would be that Sponsorship, TV deals and other income would reduce dramatically. 4000 RANTIC fans 4 times a season replaced by 500 fans from say Dunfermline and Raith is a potential £400k drop, TV income(for what is) will drop and by default so would sponsorship deals. it could realistically be anything up to a £1m drop in income. it may be made up slightly by increased away crowds from Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dundee etc.

I t really irks me to say it but Scottish Football would struggle enormously if the 2 of them left and to be honest I like them being in our league , as there is nothing better than beating either of them.

The top league in Scotland would be the new Atlantic league. All the TV money, sponsorship money and media attention would be directed towards it.
Kids would start supporting Celtic in the big league and Hibs in the wee league.
It would be a disaster for Hibs not to be involved.

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Scottish football would be a backwater if the Old Firm leave. Our league is bad enough being in the shadow of the EPL & English leagues without our two biggest clubs playing in another league. Our game would be the third league in the papers and TV. Future football supporters would be unlikely to support Scottish league teams.

Exactly this ....... I used to be in the camp that Scottish football would thrive without the Ugly sisters and so it would if they ceased to exist. But having both of them in Scotland playing in an Atlantic League or some revamped EPL would be an absolute disaster for the rest of us. For all that I said an Atlantic league wouldn't float the boat of your average Ajax fan, it would certainly wet the knickers of your average Ugly sisters fan.
If folk think they hog the papers and TV coverage now it would be 10 times worse if they were playing in a bigger league. It would be neigh on impossible to stop kids from following them which has been a struggle historically even in the closed shop of Scottish domestic football.

Look at Wales ...... Their whole football culture is centred around Cardiff City, Swansea and to a lesser extent Wrexham. The Welsh domestic league is little better than Scottish junior football. Perhaps Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen could hold on to a 5,000 type attendance, but that would make them big fish in a league nobody wanted to watch .... the likes of Killie, ICT, Hamilton, Pertick Thistle and St Johnston are already surviving on crowds that make me scratch my head asking how they can sustain full time professional teams ...... in this scenario half the teams in Scotland who are currently full time would end up part time or go to the wall altogether.

Andy74
13-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Exactly this ....... I used to be in the camp that Scottish football would thrive without the Ugly sisters and so it would if they ceased to exist. But having both of them in Scotland playing in an Atlantic League or some revamped EPL would be an absolute disaster for the rest of us. For all that I said an Atlantic league wouldn't float the boat of your average Ajax fan, it would certainly wet the knickers of your average Ugly sisters fan.
If folk think they hog the papers and TV coverage now it would be 10 times worse if they were playing in a bigger league. It would be neigh on impossible to stop kids from following them which has been a struggle historically even in the closed shop of Scottish domestic football.

Look at Wales ...... Their whole football culture is centred around Cardiff City, Swansea and to a lesser extent Wrexham. The Welsh domestic league is little better than Scottish junior football. Perhaps Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen could hold on to a 5,000 type attendance, but that would make them big fish in a league nobody wanted to watch .... the likes of Killie, ICT, Hamilton, Pertick Thistle and St Johnston are already surviving on crowds that make me scratch my head asking how they can sustain full time professional teams ...... in this scenario half the teams in Scotland who are currently full time would end up part time or go to the wall altogether.

Interesting then that our attendance is better this year with no other big teams in the league. In theory the OF fans lost could be replaced by the addition of more fans from other teams who would be encouraged back by actual competition and competitive games at the top end of a league between the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc.

As sponsorship etc goes then big deal, we don't get a big share of it anyway and all other Scottish clubs would be on the same footing in that respect.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Interesting then that our attendance is better this year with no other big teams in the league. In theory the OF fans lost could be replaced by the addition of more fans from other teams who would be encouraged back by actual competition and competitive games at the top end of a league between the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc.

As sponsorship etc goes then big deal, we don't get a big share of it anyway and all other Scottish clubs would be on the same footing in that respect.

All the other Scottish clubs don't have a massive training centre to run.
Yes our crowds are up this year on the back of the cup win but the were dire last year and would have been even worse this year but for SDG's intervention.
If we are not in the top league in Scotland then we will have to downsize the club considerably.

Green Man
13-10-2016, 01:41 PM

If it happens I'll want to sit in the upper tier so I can get a Birdseye view.

Juice-Terry
13-10-2016, 01:41 PM
The best thing to do from a football perspective is to get rid of the Champions League (who cares about that bloated, self-serving, boring competition anyway?) and the Europe League. Reintroduce the old European Cup and the Cupwinners Cup.

Waxy
13-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Be better inviting the northern English clubs to us and calling ourselves the North British league.

GreenLake
13-10-2016, 01:44 PM

Agreed, Atlantic League would have to include Canadian and American MLS clubs who would not have heard of any of these teams.

Andy74
13-10-2016, 01:48 PM
All the other Scottish clubs don't have a massive training centre to run.
Yes our crowds are up this year on the back of the cup win but the were dire last year and would have been even worse this year but for SDG's intervention.
If we are not in the top league in Scotland then we will have to downsize the club considerably.

I'm not sure why.

Other clubs have training facilities, or are moving to some, or have stadium work to do, it's just part of running a club.

The crowds being up on the back of a cup win kind of feeds my point that winning and being successful will bring people back in. It doesn't matter if that involves beating Celtic and Rangers or not.

There would probably be some element of right sizing and it would be healthy for the game here to do that overall.

Since90+2
13-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Winning the Scottish cup without Celtic and Rangers , by far and away the two biggest clubs in the country , would not feel the same as winning it with them in it.

It would become a second tier competition.

JDHibs
13-10-2016, 02:08 PM
This would kill out game.

Sad but true.

We only get TV deals because of Rangers and Celtic, people only really talk about the Scottish game in other countries because of the Old Firm. Well known players Sinclair, Barton (Before this season), Senderos, Hill and even Krankjar only come up here for a payday because of Rangers and Celtic, but even raises the profile of our game.

Crowds would diminish worse than they already do. As realistically Hearts & Aberdeen would become the new Celtic and Rangers, we would be up there if we ever get out this league. So wouldnt really change anything in terms of spreading about the wealth.

Rangers and Celtic dont give a toss about anyone else bar eachother. They would happily let our leagues die if it meant them making more money.

Niffy
13-10-2016, 02:14 PM
My vote would be a smaller, fairer league with no old firm.
They've killed Scottish Football and it can develop again with them away to F***

Cut budgets etc a real possibility but worth it. I've not seen, for 20+ years, the point in going out with the sole aim of being the next team to finish 2nd or third.

Andy74
13-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Sad but true.

We only get TV deals because of Rangers and Celtic, people only really talk about the Scottish game in other countries because of the Old Firm. Well known players Sinclair, Barton (Before this season), Senderos, Hill and even Krankjar only come up here for a payday because of Rangers and Celtic, but even raises the profile of our game.

Crowds would diminish worse than they already do. As realistically Hearts & Aberdeen would become the new Celtic and Rangers, we would be up there if we ever get out this league. So wouldnt really change anything in terms of spreading about the wealth.

Rangers and Celtic dont give a toss about anyone else bar eachother. They would happily let our leagues die if it meant them making more money.

So what is that we get out of the TV deals and the raised profile currently? Just seems like talk to me.

We don't get so much out of it that being without it would kill is, that's pretty ridiculous and being proven wrong just now. People like to see competition, the team winning and whilst it would be slightly different without Celtic and Rangers in that respect I doubt that many would care too much once the competitions get going, much like we wouldn't care too much if they went out at the first opportunity in the cups just now.

Dashing Bob S
13-10-2016, 02:30 PM
On the cards and logical, given that it will be attractive to English-speaking broadcasters.

If it's done on performance, the Rangers won't be involved at the initial stage. Traditionally the OF would argue to go as a package as they can't cross the street without holding each other's hand. I doubt Lawell will fight their corner now though, as this probably offers bigger bucks.

I'd see Rangers, Hearts, A'deen and Hibs -if promoted- being second, or even third tier clubs, heading in from a regional structure.

G B Young
13-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Bring it on. Anything to relieve the monotony of the current set-up. And I'd be fine with Celtic and The Rangers being involved because they wouldn't be good enough to win it.

Pete
13-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Sad but true.

Hearts and Aberdeen would be the new Celtic and Rangers?

No offence but that's a very negative way of looking at our club and it's potential...insinuating that we might never get out this league is worse. If the Glasgow two were to leave then we have more chance of being a dominant force than bloody Aberdeen or Hearts due to the infrastructure they still have to create.

Anyway, its all a lot of bollox and probably won't happen.

Since90+2
13-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Bring it on. Anything to relieve the monotony of the current set-up. And I'd be fine with Celtic and The Rangers being involved because they wouldn't be good enough to win it.

Celtic from the start and possibly Rangers if they ever got their act together again would be one of the top teams in the league. IMO of course.

JDHibs
13-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Hearts and Aberdeen would be the new Celtic and Rangers?

No offence but that's a very negative way of looking at our club and it's potential...insinuating that we might never get out this league is worse. If the Glasgow two were to leave then we have more chance of being a dominant force than bloody Aberdeen or Hearts due to the infrastructure they still have to create.

Anyway, its all a lot of bollox and probably won't happen.

League last season - Aberdeen 2nd, Hearts 3rd.
League this season so far - Aberdeen 2nd, Hearts 3rd.

Nothing negative about it, its realistic. We are into our 3rd season in this league, and still appear to have the same issues as the previous 2 seasons, whilst they 2 teams are getting stronger. Id rather be pushing the teams at the top of the premiership with pretty poor infrastructure, than sitting 2nd in the championship with great infrastructure.

Pete
13-10-2016, 03:38 PM
League last season - Aberdeen 2nd, Hearts 3rd.
League this season so far - Aberdeen 2nd, Hearts 3rd.

Nothing negative about it, its realistic. We are into our 3rd season in this league, and still appear to have the same issues as the previous 2 seasons, whilst they 2 teams are getting stronger. Id rather be pushing the teams at the top of the premiership with pretty poor infrastructure, than sitting 2nd in the championship with great infrastructure.

Stop it as it's totally irrelevant.

Do you not think that there would be a major restructuring of our game if Rangers and Celtic were to leave?

ScottB
13-10-2016, 03:38 PM
So Celtic's reaction to the perceived injustice of being shut out by a cartel is?

To start their own cartel.

JDHibs
13-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Stop it as it's totally irrelevant.

Do you not think that there would be a major restructuring of our game if Rangers and Celtic were to leave?

Probably, but do you have faith in the SPFL and the SFA to be able to restructure the leagues?

Look at the last time they done it, they came up with the top 6 split nonsense, personally i have no faith in them to make a decent decision. Irrelevant if this new Old firm fantasy happens or not.

lucky
13-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Those who think our game would thrive are wrong. Our league would contract over night and would continue to get smaller. We are getting 15k for home games this season the back of the cup win. Our league would be third covered league in the U.K. Any new league would involve both Celtic & Rangers due to size of their support. If this comes of Hibs need to be pushing for involvement even if meant we were in league 2 of it. If not we'd become part time within a few years.

Pete
13-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Probably, but do you have faith in the SPFL and the SFA to be able to restructure the leagues?

Look at the last time they done it, they came up with the top 6 split nonsense, personally i have no faith in them to make a decent decision. Irrelevant if this new Old firm fantasy happens or not.

There would be two spaces to fill anyway but one thing they do care about is cash.

If the old firm were to leave tomorrow there would be no way they would leave ourselves, united and a few others in the second teir.

I would love to see a top league with our biggest clubs run in a socialist manner with proper wealth distribution. We have no institutional failings and would thrive...and imagine being free of all that hatred and baggage that the old firm bring.

Let's crowdfund their plane tickets!

Pete
13-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Those who think our game would thrive are wrong. Our league would contract over night and would continue to get smaller. We are getting 15k for home games this season the back of the cup win. Our league would be third covered league in the U.K. Any new league would involve both Celtic & Rangers due to size of their support. If this comes of Hibs need to be pushing for involvement even if meant we were in league 2 of it. If not we'd become part time within a few years.

It all depends how the new Scottish league is run and marketed. Even without the two Glasgow clubs we have a lot of heritage up here and let's not forget another element of sport that is desirable...competition.

I can't stand the way our game has become all about grabbing cash and I'm sure there are others too.

Hibrandenburg
13-10-2016, 04:05 PM

We'd get battered every week.

Pete
13-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Scotland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Sweden

Celtic
Rangers
Ajax
PSV
Feyenoord
Copenhagen
Brondby
Gothenburg
Malmo
Andelecht
Brugge
The other Brugge team
Rosenberg
Tromso or some other cold team

Haud me back :rolleyes:

They can call it the desperate division.

AZhibee
13-10-2016, 04:41 PM
The only thing that remotely interests me about this is if 8+ countries allied together to form a mult-national league where the top two tiers play international while tiers 3+ play mostly domestic. Thus a Highland team could adance to Scottish League 2 then 1, then North Atlantic International League 2 then North Atlantic League 1. The super league would be inclusive of all clubs and countries locked out by the others. Ireland, N Ireland, Iceland, or Finland could factor in. TV rights would be sold as a package for a mult-nation alliance. Inclusion of MLS would be more interesting as well and a large American market. Hibs could potentially debut as an international league 2 club. Somewhere in all of this Hibs plays in the USA!

But thats all just daydreaming.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Scotland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Sweden

Celtic
Rangers
Ajax
PSV
Feyenoord
Copenhagen
Brondby
Gothenburg
Malmo
Andelecht
Brugge
The other Brugge team
Rosenberg
Tromso or some other cold team

Haud me back :rolleyes:

They can call it the desperate division.

Celtic
Rangers
Copenhagen
Brondby
Rosenberg
New Oslo side
AIK Stockholm
Malmo
IFK Gothenburg
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Ajax
PSV Eindhoven
Club 16?

Deansy
13-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Great Idea and I dearly hope the Hun are part of - Scotland has done more than its fair share of putting up with (both editions of) them and it's high time other countries shouldered this burden !. 'Non Succulent-lamb' media-coverage would show other countries of exactly what they stand for and what we've had to endure !

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2016, 05:10 PM
The best thing to do from a football perspective is to get rid of the Champions League (who cares about that bloated, self-serving, boring competition anyway?) and the Europe League. Reintroduce the old European Cup and the Cupwinners Cup.

This is what I keep saying ..... European football consists of hundreds of professional clubs whose collective support dwarves the collective supports of the 10 or 20 big clubs who are carving up the European football pie between them and yet we allow this handful of self serving giants to run the game their way because of the obsession with TV's pot of gold. UEFA are not running the game to the benefit of their member countries or clubs and the people who support them, they continually bend over to the self serving interests of the 5 biggest leagues and throw crumbs to the rest of us.

Its high time the dozens of countries and hundreds of clubs who are being edged out by this cartel, including giants in their own right like Ajax, Celtic, Benfica etc made moves to form a new European governing body and simply refuse to participate in UEFA competitions, the English league got by for 5 years without a team in Europe. FIFA would no doubt object, but if the FA's of Portugal, The Netherlands and a dozen other countries were to back such a move what could FIFA do .... can you imagine the World cup without the viewing public of most of Europe having an interest, they would have to back down. The new body could invite the big 5 countries to join under their terms, but if they refuse then let them go their own way ... lets see them organise a Euro international tournament with only 5 countries.

Yes they could still have their Champions league by allowing the big 5 to enter 10 teams each or something. But then there's the Europa league, making that is a big incentive in the league campaign everywhere but England, it wouldn't be much of a thrill to qualify for it if you could make it by finishing just above the relegation zone, because to make that work you would need to include just about every also ran in the big 5 leagues ..... its not as big a money spinner as the champions league, but if it fell by the wayside UEFA would still lose a pile of money.

Its time the rest of Europe grew a set and told the biggest clubs in the big 5 leagues to either get on with organizing the greedfest league they so clearly want or accept that things are going to have to change, and not just to suit them.

Pete
13-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Celtic
Rangers
Copenhagen
Brondby
Rosenberg
New Oslo side
AIK Stockholm
Malmo
IFK Gothenburg
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Ajax
PSV Eindhoven
Club 16?

Prestigious clubs when each is considered in isolation but together it looks like Frankenstein's monster.

The only thing uniting this mob is that they are a bunch of losers at the very top level.

Diclonius
13-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Assuming that this would be a league involving Scotland, the Netherlands, Belgium and the Scandanavian nations, have it as something along these lines:

Division 1 (24 teams):

1st-4th, last year's Belgian league
1st-4th, last year's Dutch league
1st-3rd, last year's Danish league
1st-3rd, last year's Swedish league
1st-3rd, last year's Scottish league
1st-3rd, last year's Norwegian league
1st-2nd, last year's Icelandic league
1st-2nd, last year's Finnish league
4 automatic relegation places to division 2.

Division 2 (24 teams):

5th-8th, last year's Belgian league
5th-8th, last year's Dutch league
4th-6th, last year's Danish league
4th-6th, last year's Swedish league
4th-6th, last year's Scottish league
4th-6th, last year's Norwegian league
3rd-4th, last year's Icelandic league
3rd-4th, last year's Finnish league
4 automatic relegation places to the "national" league systems.

Each league winner and 2nd placed team from the national league would enter a 16 team playoff - four groups of four, two 1st placed and 2nd placed teams seeded by coefficient. Each group winner is promoted to division 2.

Each "national" cup would be retained (i.e. the Scottish Cup) and the League Cups would be amalgamated into the North Atlantic Cup - a knockout cup with all teams from the main two divisions and top league teams from each national league.

Using last year's placings, these proposed leagues would be:

Division 1:
Club Brugge
Anderlecht
Gent
Genk
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
AZ
Copenhagen
Sonderjyske
Midtjylland
Norrkoping
Goteborg
AIK
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rosenborg
Stromsgodet
Stabaek
FH
Briedablik
SJK
RoPS

Division 2:
Oostende
Zulte Waregem
Charleroi
Kortrijk
Utrecht
Heracles
Groningen
Zwolle
Brondby
AaB
Randers
Elfsborg
Malmo
Djurgardens
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Ross County
Odd
Viking
Molde
KR
Stjarnan
HJK
Inter Turku

Now THAT is something I would be happy with, especially if we're in a position to be in it when it happens. Sadly it'll probably be some sort of lock out where we couldn't get in even if we wanted to, or a token playoff system where we have to advance through 50 playoff rounds to fight some Atlantic League loser who've been given two weeks rest (think Championship playoffs).

AZhibee
13-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Assuming that this would be a league involving Scotland, the Netherlands, Belgium and the Scandanavian nations, have it as something along these lines:

Division 1 (24 teams):

Division 2 (24 teams):

Each league winner and 2nd placed team from the national league would enter a 16 team playoff - four groups of four, two 1st placed and 2nd placed teams seeded by coefficient. Each group winner is promoted to division 2.

Each "national" cup would be retained (i.e. the Scottish Cup) and the League Cups would be amalgamated into the North Atlantic Cup - a knockout cup with all teams from the main two divisions and top league teams from each national league.

Division 1:
Club Brugge
Anderlecht
Gent
Genk
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
AZ
Copenhagen
Sonderjyske
Midtjylland
Norrkoping
Goteborg
AIK
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rosenborg
Stromsgodet
Stabaek
FH
Briedablik
SJK
RoPS

Division 2:
Oostende
Zulte Waregem
Charleroi
Kortrijk
Utrecht
Heracles
Groningen
Zwolle
Brondby
AaB
Randers
Elfsborg
Malmo
Djurgardens
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Ross County
Odd
Viking
Molde
KR
Stjarnan
HJK
Inter Turku

Now THAT is something I would be happy with, especially if we're in a position to be in it when it happens. Sadly it'll probably be some sort of lock out where we couldn't get in even if we wanted to, or a token playoff system where we have to advance through 50 playoff rounds to fight some Atlantic League loser who've been given two weeks rest (think Championship playoffs).

I Like it!

ancient hibee
13-10-2016, 05:30 PM

Division 1 (24 teams):

Division 2 (24 teams):

Division 1:
Club Brugge
Anderlecht
Gent
Genk
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
AZ
Copenhagen
Sonderjyske
Midtjylland
Norrkoping
Goteborg
AIK
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rosenborg
Stromsgodet
Stabaek
FH
Briedablik
SJK
RoPS

Division 2:
Oostende
Zulte Waregem
Charleroi
Kortrijk
Utrecht
Heracles
Groningen
Zwolle
Brondby
AaB
Randers
Elfsborg
Malmo
Djurgardens
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Ross County
Odd
Viking
Molde
KR
Stjarnan
HJK
Inter Turku

Pretty sure you could close Easter Road with that line up.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Prestigious clubs when each is considered in isolation but together it looks like Frankenstein's monster.

The only thing uniting this mob is that they are a bunch of losers at the very top level.

That's exactly the point. They want to get back to the top level.

Just Jimmy
13-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Division 1 (24 teams):

Division 2 (24 teams):

Division 1:
Club Brugge
Anderlecht
Gent
Genk
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
AZ
Copenhagen
Sonderjyske
Midtjylland
Norrkoping
Goteborg
AIK
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rosenborg
Stromsgodet
Stabaek
FH
Briedablik
SJK
RoPS

Division 2:
Oostende
Zulte Waregem
Charleroi
Kortrijk
Utrecht
Heracles
Groningen
Zwolle
Brondby
AaB
Randers
Elfsborg
Malmo
Djurgardens
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Ross County
Odd
Viking
Molde
KR
Stjarnan
HJK
Inter Turku

And what happens if scottish team A finishes in a relegation place but no scottish team is promoted from the national set up? What if two belgian teams go up and three dutch come down?

You cant swap a dutch team for a scottish team.

It's a heap of pish and it wouldn't work. Hibs away to Ajax is fine for a few years. Wait til its hibs away to Scandinavian teams with no away support. Or no away support coming to Easter road.

Nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
13-10-2016, 05:35 PM
It all depends how the new Scottish league is run and marketed. Even without the two Glasgow clubs we have a lot of heritage up here and let's not forget another element of sport that is desirable...competition.

I can't stand the way our game has become all about grabbing cash and I'm sure there are others too.
:agree: There's far to many people on here being sucked in by the Armageddon prophecies.

Lancs Harp
13-10-2016, 05:40 PM
I'll take a different view.

I cant honestly see the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and Celtic and their fans getting excited by matches against the likes of Stabaek, Sonderjksye, SJK et al, with all due respect to those clubs.
What sort of financial sponsorship and TV deals would such a league attract? I would hazard a guess that TV rights in those countries would stll be higher for the Champions league and I certainly couldnt see TV audiences outside of the "Atlantic" league area being particularly interested.
I would be extremely surprised if the big Dutch sides were in favour as they would have bigger matches (bar the odd one like Celtic) by staying in their own league. If they were to expand to foreign terrortories so to speak it would be an amalgamation of Dutch and Belgian leagues into a sort of Benelux super league.

Been talked about for donkeys years, still no nearer.

Pete
13-10-2016, 05:41 PM
That's exactly the point. They want to get back to the top level.

Well forming a league involving teams who's only common trait is that they are desperadoes won't help them.

As for its mass appeal, think the UEFA cup but crapper.

Diclonius
13-10-2016, 05:48 PM
And what happens if scottish team A finishes in a relegation place but no scottish team is promoted from the national set up? What if two belgian teams go up and three dutch come down?

You cant swap a dutch team for a scottish team.

It's a heap of pish and it wouldn't work. Hibs away to Ajax is fine for a few years. Wait til its hibs away to Scandinavian teams with no away support. Or no away support coming to Easter road.

Nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The first point is fair enough - there'd have to be a contingency plan in place for a league that changed the numbers of teams each year. I suspect it would eventually even out though.

The second point - I would honestly rather we had a chance of something different each year than Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hamilton, Queens etc etc 4 times a season.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 05:50 PM
There will be no promotion or relegation from the domestic leagues left behind.
The make up of the league won't be down to where teams finish in their league either. It will be the size of the club that matters.

Atlantic league
2/ 18 team leagues

Ajax 49,403
Feyenoord 45,419
Celtic 44,849
New Rangers 45,415
PSV 32,465
FC Twente 28,518
Hammarby (Sweden) 25,507
Club Brugge (Belguim) 24,430
Herenveen 24,314
AIK (Sweden) 20,983
Anderlecht 20,675
Genk (Belguim) 20,590
Standard Liege (Belguim) 20,415
Groningen 20,193
NAC Breda 18,112
Rosenborg (Norway) 18,039
Malmo (Sweden) 17,332
Vitesse 17,212
Utrecht 16,646
Hearts 16, 423
AZ Alkmaar 15,512
Djurgardens IF (Sweden) 15,484
FC Copenhagen (Denmark) 15,448
Brondby (Denmark) 15,143
IFK Gothenborg (Sweden) 14,350
Aberdeen 13,094
PEC Zwolle 12,213
Willem II 12,099
ADO Den Haag 11,976
Hibs 11,000
IFK Norkoping (Sweden) 10,296
Viking FK (Norway) 10,272
SK Brann (Norway) 10,124
KV Mechelan (Belguim)10,160
Valerenga IF (Norway) 10,099
KAA Gent (Belguim) 10,090

Tv market
Holland 17m
Belguim 11m
Sweden 10m
Denmark 5.6m
Scotland 5.5m
Norway 5.1m
Total 52mi

Famous Fiver
13-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I'd like Hibs to stay in the Scottish League and I'll personally offer to drive the Rangers and Celtic team buses to the far end of Norway if required just to get rid once and for all.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Something that's always stuck in my head when people talk about this fantasy league is.... how do fans afford the travel to these games?

Aye it might be fun for a few games but fans will get bored at having to stomp over to Belgium or Sweden for a game every other week.

Even the club itself, how do they afford 16 or so flights etc? Unless I'm completely missing the point, clubs will get bored real soon and want back to what they had before.

Paisley Hibby
13-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Celtic
Rangers
Copenhagen
Brondby
Rosenberg
New Oslo side
AIK Stockholm
Malmo
IFK Gothenburg
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Ajax
PSV Eindhoven
Club 16?

That looks like the Europa League but without the glamour.

It's an idle threat to try to head off what UEFA are planning. Why on earth would any of those clubs want to throw away the occasional chance of playing Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Man Utd etc? And why would any half decent players give up the chance of international football and/or eventually signing for a big club? If This went ahead everybody involved would be cast out into the wilderness by the UEFA and FIFA.

superfurryhibby
13-10-2016, 07:27 PM

Aye right enough, such a bunch of losers that they won many European Trophies between them prior to the cartel carve up.

Some very big teams being marginalised due to the disparity in finances, based on tv money and nothing to do with fan base or footballing

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 07:31 PM
That looks like the Europa League but without the glamour.

It's an idle threat to try to head off what UEFA are planning. Why on earth would any of those clubs want to throw away the occasional chance of playing Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Man Utd etc? And why would any half decent players give up the chance of international football and/or eventually signing for a big club? If This went ahead everybody involved would be cast out into the wilderness by the UEFA and FIFA.

This is to replace domestic football not the champions league. There is a lot of sympathy in UEFA to the plan.

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 07:32 PM
From agent Scotland on Twitter
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/d16ef2b5c6c0babadbd24db6e21c1b57.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/e45165d0f257760d7d88727c8cfe90d1.jpg

Diclonius
13-10-2016, 07:42 PM

That looks ridiculous. A team could technically finish 2nd and have to play the team who finishes 11th in the league below if they're both from the same country.

Smartie
13-10-2016, 07:43 PM

My initial reaction is that this could be quite good.

Jonnyboy
13-10-2016, 07:48 PM
If this comes about, I better cancel my away season ticket :wink:

SteveHFC
13-10-2016, 07:54 PM
A Atlantic League Cup would be worth a try.

ancient hibee
13-10-2016, 07:54 PM

I'd cancel my home season ticket.

O'Rourke3
13-10-2016, 07:59 PM
If the league gets sanctioned it would be on tv, every game would have to be broadcast for it to profitable for the clubs. Can't therefor be scheduled against the CL or the EL. So, away games to Tromso on a Monday. Good luck with that one. This will not happen.

Bishop Hibee
13-10-2016, 08:13 PM
If it was only Celtc and The Rangers going them I'd say good riddance. Our gates wouldn't fall if we were up there fighting for the League with Hertz, Aberdeen etc. Sports Channels need games to fill their schedules so we'd get a deal, maybe even with STV/BBC Scotland.

However if Hertz and the Dons are involved in any new Euro League set up, we need to be there too.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-10-2016, 08:18 PM

Whole forests will need to be planted to make this a carbon neutral league

weecounty hibby
13-10-2016, 08:27 PM

Division 1 (24 teams):

Division 2 (24 teams):

Division 1:
Club Brugge
Anderlecht
Gent
Genk
PSV
Ajax
Feyenoord
AZ
Copenhagen
Sonderjyske
Midtjylland
Norrkoping
Goteborg
AIK
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts
Rosenborg
Stromsgodet
Stabaek
FH
Briedablik
SJK
RoPS

Division 2:
Oostende
Zulte Waregem
Charleroi
Kortrijk
Utrecht
Heracles
Groningen
Zwolle
Brondby
AaB
Randers
Elfsborg
Malmo
Djurgardens
St Johnstone
Motherwell
Ross County
Odd
Viking
Molde
KR
Stjarnan
HJK
Inter Turku

What you are forgetting is that this is nothing to do with competition or where teams finished last season. It's all about greed. In my opinion that means teams like Hibs would be invited in. Big fan base so more potential "customers". I really do get turned off by modern football at times

Ozyhibby
13-10-2016, 08:51 PM
What you are forgetting is that this is nothing to do with competition or where teams finished last season. It's all about greed. In my opinion that means teams like Hibs would be invited in. Big fan base so more potential "customers". I really do get turned off by modern football at times

I agree that this will a commercial set up and it will be down to the size of club who gets an invite but football has been a business since long before I was born and it will continue to be long after I'm away.

Pete
13-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Aye right enough, such a bunch of losers that they won many European Trophies between them prior to the cartel carve up.

Some very big teams being marginalised due to the disparity in finances, based on tv money and nothing to do with fan base or footballing

I did say that individually, there are some big, fantastic clubs.

I was speaking in derogatory terms about the collective. The champions league is popular because it contains Europe's most powerful clubs and big domestic leagues are popular because they are historic competitions where there are interesting geographical rivalries formed over time.

This league will have an image problem from the word go due to its very reason for being. This isn't the best of the best playing each other and it isn't an established tournament. It's just a cash grab by clubs who, instead of sticking to their guns, are doing to others exactly what they think will be done to them.

Someone previously said that football has been a business since he was born but its went too far. It's almost as if the sporting element of the whole thing is secondary.

Diclonius
13-10-2016, 09:28 PM

The Scandinavians aren't too hard up for forests. :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-10-2016, 09:30 PM

:greengrin And would need a really good TV deal / financial backing, distributed fairly (LOL, that'd be a first...) to subsidise clubs like us , Genk etc, to jet off around northern europe every few weeks.

I think eventually European football was always going the way of the NFL as they have shown it is a lucrative business model underpinned by the college football setup. If the Atlantic league is to float I think it'd be the bigger clubs in one league initially, possibly with a promotion / playof tourney between the smaller clubs for a couple of places.

I'm more optimistic than most that the SPL will be fine if the old firm leave. There would be a period of adjustment but it could lead to a very competitive league and if marketed well to encourage people to attend games. We could adopt an agreed and coherent policy for developing young players like in Germany, the cream are always going to move to th ebigger clubs but could eventually lead to a better product for us punters to watch.

InchHibby
14-10-2016, 04:10 AM
Not going to happen

I agree and would they get enough teams to fillet.

Baldy Foghorn
14-10-2016, 07:08 AM
:agree: There's far to many people on here being sucked in by the Armageddon prophecies.

Indeed, how did Doncaster's prediction turn out again?:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
14-10-2016, 07:09 AM

Seems like a ridiculous idea, someone already alluded to travelling costs etc..........

jodjam
14-10-2016, 07:18 AM
We are Hibernian FC
We hate Vitesse and we hate PSV

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Nobody watches the Europa league, who in their right mind would watch this?

Surely this is all about getting more folk through the doors and more people watching on tv, in my opinion this would be a complete shambles.

Ozyhibby
14-10-2016, 08:00 AM

Surely this is all about getting more folk through the doors and more people watching on tv, in my opinion this would be a complete shambles.

You would watch if we were in it. If it became the top league in Scotland people would watch it.

Smartie
14-10-2016, 08:13 AM
We are Hibernian FC
We hate Vitesse and we hate PSV

Of the teams in our proposed group I'm already developing a healthy dislike for the club called "Randers".

Don't know what it is about them.

JimBHibees
14-10-2016, 08:38 AM

Tend to agree there is alot to like about Scottish football understanding it has many issues also however our football leaders couldnt sell it worse if they tried.

Edinburgher
14-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Whether multi-national club leagues are the future or whether its rubbish - Hibs need to ensure that we are at the forefront and involved. As much as I loathe Rantic and all they stand for - as others have said, from a financial point of view, I feel that we need them in our league or if needs must follow them and others in new developments.

lyonhibs
14-10-2016, 10:37 AM
I do

If the Old Firm buggered off, that would be lovely, buy I'm not as obsessed with what they do/don't do as some.

From a Hibs participating POV, assuming such a thing would become the week in, week out league, I'm a no.

Eyrie
14-10-2016, 05:55 PM
I've thought about this and come to the conclusion that as long as only the Ugly Sisters leave, Scottish football will be in a good place.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen may be bigger than any of the other clubs, but not to the competition-killing extent that Celtc are and Huns RIP were. The likes of Kilmarnock, Inverness or Dunfermline will be able to provide genuine challengers if they get the right manager with the right squad, and there are sufficient clubs in that position that there will always be two or three in the mix.

The end result will be a competitive league in Scotland which will be more entertaining than watching two previously dominant Scottish clubs struggling in mid-table every year.

We'd be set up nicely for two leagues of twenty as well.

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2016, 06:59 PM
You would watch if we were in it. If it became the top league in Scotland people would watch it.

I doubt i'd watch any other teams games, and attendance at away Hibs games would be few and far between.

It does not appeal to me one bit if i'm honest.

lucky
14-10-2016, 07:02 PM
I'd much prefer a British league but if the Old Firm, Aberdeen & Hearts go we'd have no choice but to follow

chippy
14-10-2016, 07:52 PM
I really hope Hibs are involved in these discussions and that we might get into a 2nd tier set up. Of course it's being driven my money and TV rights. If we were left in a rump SPFL without OF and Hearts and Dons we'd be stuffed. Level of player ability would be way lower than even now. The Atlantacists would scoop up the best of local talent and assuming there get a good TV deal they'll be competing with at least English Championship sides perhaps lower Premier if the league proves popular. This I think would generate a strong momentum and with a TV market share of over 54 million population it's worthy of serious consideration. It will stand or fall on what size of TV deals they can get. I hope that have at least 2 divisions so we get an opening to join. What would be the potential of all the Scottish clubs if TV deals ran into tens of millions for Tier 1 clubs and a bit less for Tier 2? What players could we keep or sign with a budget 2, 3 or even more than now. What would be our crowds if we get 15k now? I don't buy difficulty with the away game argument. We would be signing up to watch the away games on TV and perhaps go to the odd away fixture via easy jet. I think this would be a great success if done well.

jgl07
14-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Multinational Leagues will come about only if the respective National Leagues effectively agree to merge their identity.

I can certainly see a Dutch-Belgian League making a lot of sense. Equally a Swedish-Norwegian-Danish League (maybe also Finnish?) could have traction.

But any merger would have to have the approval of the National Leagues concerned. It is not going to happen. Turkeys never vote for an early Christmas

There is no way that UEFA would sanction Rangers, Celtic, Ajax, PSV, FC Copenhagen, etc. being allowed to swan off and form their own League.

We had all this is the 1990s. Rangers and Celtic used this to put a gun to the head of the rest of Scottish Football and allow them to keep most of the TV money when the SPL was formed. That was when they were not threatening to join the English League. That was never going to happen and never will happen. The same goes for the Fishfinger League.

A Hi-Bee
15-10-2016, 05:04 PM
I really hope Hibs are involved in these discussions and that we might get into a 2nd tier set up. Of course it's being driven my money and TV rights. If we were left in a rump SPFL without OF and Hearts and Dons we'd be stuffed. Level of player ability would be way lower than even now. The Atlantacists would scoop up the best of local talent and assuming there get a good TV deal they'll be competing with at least English Championship sides perhaps lower Premier if the league proves popular. This I think would generate a strong momentum and with a TV market share of over 54 million population it's worthy of serious consideration. It will stand or fall on what size of TV deals they can get. I hope that have at least 2 divisions so we get an opening to join. What would be the potential of all the Scottish clubs if TV deals ran into tens of millions for Tier 1 clubs and a bit less for Tier 2? What players could we keep or sign with a budget 2, 3 or even more than now. What would be our crowds if we get 15k now? I don't buy difficulty with the away game argument. We would be signing up to watch the away games on TV and perhaps go to the odd away fixture via easy jet. I think this would be a great success if done well.

Have to agree here and it is time for some real forward-looking vision with regard to Scottish Fitba which is just slowly dying, the product is dire and perhaps by joining forces with other like-minded Football Associations who could over rule the blazers that we produce in this country, nothing better than going to away games in a foreign country when the funds allow it, and Hibs would be crazy to allow this to pass them by if indeed something was to happen.
It could be called the Hanseatic League II (the first one was created many moons ago) :flag: