View Full Version : Danny Carmichael

Billy Whizz
12-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Signed on at Queens until the end of the season, there's a surprise:agree:

Wondered what had happened to him

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/carmichael-returns-to-palmerston/

Allant1981
12-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Think there is a decent player there, just didnt seem to he fit enough for a length of time

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Knew this would bloody happen ... I think we were far too hasty letting him go, watch him tear us a new A hole next time we play them :confused:

green day
12-10-2016, 06:20 PM
Knew this would bloody happen ... I think we were far too hasty letting him go, watch him tear us a new A hole next time we play them :confused:

Doubt it he was pretty much a waste of a wage here

Bostonhibby
12-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Have the same feeling , if fit. I remember him doing very well against sevco before we signed him. We'll see I suppose, hope he crashes and burns against us

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
12-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Said at the time, we should have loaned him to queens. Would have saved us paying him off, would have taken points off other competitors and would disrupt their starting 11 when they played us.

We'd be top of the league, and still in the league cup. Fact. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Lets not worry too much about a player that showed pretty much nothing when he was fit enough to play for us. Nowhere near as good as anyone we have.

thebausburst
12-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Good luck to him, but simply nowhere near good enough for us.

neil7908
12-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Guaranteed he'll score against us in a few weeks

Sir David Gray
12-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Guaranteed he'll score against us in a few weeks

Almost as much of a certainty as Rudi Skacel scoring on Saturday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Funny that it is never mentioned that a player could do damage to our rivals like Falkirk or United.

Ronniekirk
12-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Funny that it is never mentioned that a player could do damage to our rivals like Falkirk or United.

A Fit Farid could well inflict damage on those teams as think he probably still has a soft spot for us
Its whether he can stay fit But even off the bench we had a good few goals out of him and he got two for Dunfermline off the Bench on Saturday thete

ian cruise
12-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Said at the time, we should have loaned him to queens. Would have saved us paying him off, would have taken points off other competitors and would disrupt their starting 11 when they played us.

We'd be top of the league, and still in the league cup. Fact. :wink:

I remember you saying this and thinking it was a smart idea. Old firm and English clubs take advantage of this all the time. Can't imagine the player being to hesitant towards the deal either. Only downside is I'd guess we would have had somw sort of wage contribution but you'd offset that against the pay off, and the risk exists that if he's injured we take on sole responsibility for his rehabilitation.

oldbutdim
12-10-2016, 11:02 PM
The boy suffered from a serious injury whilst at Hibs - bad enough to have him consider chucking the game.

I hope he manages to get to full fitness and enjoys a decent career.

:aok:

California-Hibs
13-10-2016, 07:10 AM

Oh please let's not start this guff. He had many chances in the 1st team and never ever took them. He failed and was simply not good enough. Even if he does have a good game or 2 for Queens, it doesn't change this fact.

Had a serious injury yes, but had a good few fully fit games too which people like to conviently forget when we release a player to someone in the same league.

California-Hibs
13-10-2016, 07:11 AM
The boy suffered from a serious injury whilst at Hibs - bad enough to have him consider chucking the game.

I hope this too btw. Hope the injuries are behind him and he has a good career. Didn't work out for him at a big club like Hibs in the slightest unfortunately.

Hibs Class
13-10-2016, 07:13 AM

Agree completely, I think he's a very good player and was also impressed with his attitude. Hope he does well at Queens.

jacomo
13-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Good luck to him, but simply nowhere near good enough for us.

Based on how little actual game time he had with us, I'm not sure how you can make this statement.

Many players need a run of games in a team to show their worth. Maybe he was one of them?

Having said that, not sure he is a natural winger. Looking at our squad and its lack of balance, you'd hope at least one player would be knocking on the manager's door and saying he can provide width on the left.

Since90+2
13-10-2016, 10:24 AM
If it was a choice between punting Harris or Carmichael then Harris would have been gone for me.

Obviously the contractual situation with Harris meant that was not possible but to say he is nowhere near as good as the players we have is wrong IMO.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Oh please let's not start this guff. He had many chances in the 1st team and never ever took them. He failed and was simply not good enough. Even if he does have a good game or 2 for Queens, it doesn't change this fact.

Had a serious injury yes, but had a good few fully fit games too which people like to conviently forget when we release a player to someone in the same league.

He started about 4 games...

emerald green
13-10-2016, 11:10 AM

What fact would that be? Nonsense post from start to end.

lucky
13-10-2016, 11:12 AM
He a nice bloke but injuries meant he never really settled at Hibs. I hope he does well at QotS but not worried about him as a player effecting Hibs. He's an above average championship player who has never kick a ball in the premiership so I can't see what the issue is.

California-Hibs
13-10-2016, 12:02 PM
What fact would that be? Nonsense post from start to end.

I'll trust Mr Lennon's correct judgement in punting him over yours, thank you very much.

emerald green
13-10-2016, 05:55 PM
I'll trust Mr Lennon's correct judgement in punting him over yours, thank you very much.

You initially posted - "He had many chances in the 1st team & never took them." Answer - no, he didn't.

"He failed and was simply not good enough." Answer - the guy was dealing with serious injury problems IIRC. How often have you actually seen him play to make that judgement?

"But had a good few fully fit games." Answer - no, he didn't. As another poster has pointed out, he played four games. Is that the same as "many chances" and "a good few fully fit games"? Not in my book.

It's for these reasons that I think your post is total nonsense.

Nothing to do with Lennon's judgement (the jury is currently out on that one IMHO), or mine.