PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final DVD

GGTTH07
12-10-2016, 05:09 PM
What's the script with this? Not heard one thing regarding it from the club, very poor PR!

Ants
12-10-2016, 05:13 PM
It is due out very soon.
LD stated on Twitter at the weekend that the release date keeps moving due to more content being added.
But very very soon..... the wait will be over!

givescotlandfreedom
12-10-2016, 05:15 PM
LD tweeted the other day that it will be very soon and the date keeps getting moved because they're adding more and more to the content.

givescotlandfreedom
12-10-2016, 05:15 PM
It is due out very soon.
LD stated on Twitter at the weekend that the release date keeps moving due to more content being added.
But very very soon..... the wait will be over!

Beat me to it

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Petrie is waiting to see if we retain it or not, no point double the expense if he can get away with it. :rolleyes:

Unseen work
12-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Always thought it would be in the lead up to Christmas as they would sell a ton!

Also think some of the cup final kits with Scottish cup winners underneath it would go down very well at Christmas

Viva_Palmeiras
12-10-2016, 05:17 PM
I'd rather they took the time to tap into the rich material it was more than just a day. I hope the DVD reflects that. They have one shot at this make it as outstanding as possible to make a fitting tribute to such an historic event.

Ants
12-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Beat me to it

And hopefully getting a copy.... I can see there being a large queue on the release date.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Any idea what sort of price this will be

davym7062
12-10-2016, 05:52 PM
£23

RoxburghHibs
12-10-2016, 05:55 PM

£32

Hamish
12-10-2016, 05:56 PM
£23

That is absolutely ridiculous. How can they justify that???????

Oh right😊

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2016, 06:14 PM
£32

If they have managed to find a bit of film of David Gray's winner from the Sevco end with the East stand erupting in the background I would willingly pay £32 just for that :greengrin

Iggy Pope
12-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Might be an idea to get pre-sales done and dusted before we get close to the draw for this years defence.

Kato
12-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Hope there's a choice of commentaries and one of them is just the tache repeating the word "exuberance" over and over.

Swedish hibee
12-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I've waited this long so can wait a wee while longer and I'll put it on my Christmas list for Sannta😊

Hibbyradge
12-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Petrie is waiting to see if we retain it or not, no point double the expense if he can get away with it. :rolleyes:

:faf:

Glory Lurker
12-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I want an option to watch the build up, the game and post-match with the posts on the kickback cup final thread flashed up on screen "as live".

RIP
12-10-2016, 09:08 PM
I understand they have to wait for the arrests to stop. Apparently they have been told by lawyers that offenders faces have to be filtered out.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

O'Rourke3
12-10-2016, 10:19 PM
I understand they have to wait for the arrests to stop. Apparently they have been told by lawyers that offenders faces have to be filtered out.

That would either suggest that the powers that be are still currently coming every shot of fans during the game or Hibs are planning a directors cut of :exuberance: The latter unlikely or was Grant Stott live and on the pitch and planned?

California-Hibs
13-10-2016, 07:36 AM

Priceless.

scoopyboy
13-10-2016, 08:17 AM

The arrests are expected to be ongoing for a year!!!!

easty
13-10-2016, 08:24 AM

Nah. If that were true then why wouldn't we have just come out and said that.

Col2
13-10-2016, 08:29 AM

Then they don't need to show the pitch invasion then?!?

easty
13-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Then they don't need to show the pitch invasion then?!?

That'd be like making the Titanic film but stopping just before it hit the iceberg.

snooky
13-10-2016, 09:00 AM
That'd be like making the Titanic film but stopping just before it hit the iceberg.

Or getting off at the Haymarket instead of .... :wink:

SlickShoes
13-10-2016, 10:38 AM
That would either suggest that the powers that be are still currently coming every shot of fans during the game or Hibs are planning a directors cut of :exuberance: The latter unlikely or was Grant Stott live and on the pitch and planned?

I'm friends with a Glasgow area Polis man and he said that there are still people combing through footage every day and there are still people sending things in to them, he said it seems never ending and completely pointless.

Hexham Hibee
13-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Can you imagine the seethe coming from Keith Jackson and Jim Traynor if there is footage of the pitch invasion included on the DVD!

ANOTHER statement from Castle Grayskull and headlines in the record such as "Hibs condone cup final assaults"!

Onion
13-10-2016, 12:53 PM
I'd rather they took the time to tap into the rich material it was more than just a day. I hope the DVD reflects that. They have one shot at this make it as outstanding as possible to make a fitting tribute to such an historic event.

Just not true. As with the merchandising, Hibs have messed up, and missed a huge revenue earning opportunity. They could easily have negotiated rights to reproduce the whole match on DVD and issued that within weeks of the Final. We would all have bought it, and happily paid a premium for it too. And then, Hibs could have taken their time to produce some fantastic, creative, historic double DVD of our Cup record, run and victory. We would all have bought both, with a spare just in case.

Onion
13-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Can you imagine the seethe coming from Keith Jackson and Jim Traynor if there is footage of the pitch invasion included on the DVD!

ANOTHER statement from Castle Grayskull and headlines in the record such as "Hibs condone cup final assaults"!

The DVD should start with pitch invasion, the goals and turf being torn up, SDG kissing LD, and Hibs fans going mental all over Hampden. Fade to ..... "94 mins earlier"

nellio
13-10-2016, 01:12 PM
No mention at all of a Blu Ray.

HD technology has been about for about 10 years now!! We're moving on to 4k before long!!

southsider
13-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Just not true. As with the merchandising, Hibs have messed up, and missed a huge revenue earning opportunity. They could easily have negotiated rights to reproduce the whole match on DVD and issued that within weeks of the Final. We would all have bought it, and happily paid a premium for it too. And then, Hibs could have taken their time to produce some fantastic, creative, historic double DVD of our Cup record, run and victory. We would all have bought both, with a spare just in case.
Recorded the BBC version of the final to my Virgin box. Watched it about 20 times and still makes me feel great. Will defo buy the DVD. Fantastic xmas present.

hhibs
13-10-2016, 01:18 PM

You are all too right on that IMO

Geo_1875
13-10-2016, 01:52 PM

Don't kid yourself. If Hibs had released a shoddy copy of the BBC coverage of the final they'd have got ripped for releasing shoddy goods. If they'd then released a luxury edition for Christmas they'd have got ripped for ripping off the fans. If they'd produced a luxury edition and hand-delivered a free copy to every Hibs fan in Scotland they'd have got ripped for wasting money. Leeann and Big Frank aren't sitting in Behind the Goals with a laptop producing the DVD in their spare time. The club will have professionals working on the DVD and rights and production have to be paid for. They also take time.

Geo_1875
13-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Recorded the BBC version of the final to my Virgin box. Watched it about 20 times and still makes me feel great. Will defo buy the DVD. Fantastic xmas present.

Same here. My eyes still tear up at the end.

Onion
13-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Don't kid yourself. If Hibs had released a shoddy copy of the BBC coverage of the final they'd have got ripped for releasing shoddy goods. If they'd then released a luxury edition for Christmas they'd have got ripped for ripping off the fans. If they'd produced a luxury edition and hand-delivered a free copy to every Hibs fan in Scotland they'd have got ripped for wasting money. Leeann and Big Frank aren't sitting in Behind the Goals with a laptop producing the DVD in their spare time. The club will have professionals working on the DVD and rights and production have to be paid for. They also take time.

Rubbish. If they went to the time and expense of getting repro rights, then anyone (even Hibs) could produce an HD version of the match - unedited but better than nowt ! They could then have issued a quick statement along the lines of .."Here's your copy of the match in full HD to enjoy all over again, while we work on a fantastic mega version in time for Xmas".

Instead, Hibs have said nothing officially and left us all to speculate on what, when and how. The comms and PR on this has been awful.

Col2
13-10-2016, 02:45 PM
I watch the game every Thursday when working from home. It has an effect on me that can't really be explained but I know we all feel the same.

A truly truly momentus day.

scoopyboy
13-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Rubbish. If they went to the time and expense of getting repro rights, then anyone (even Hibs) could produce an HD version of the match - unedited but better than nowt ! They could then have issued a quick statement along the lines of .."Here's your copy of the match in full HD to enjoy all over again, while we work on a fantastic mega version in time for Xmas".

Instead, Hibs have said nothing officially and left us all to speculate on what, when and how. The comms and PR on this has been awful.

Most folk would just watch their own copies on their sky planner or equivalent though until the real thing was produced.

Failing that the whole BBC or Sky programme could be watched on the internet for nowt at any time.

Just as a by the way, can anybody out there put the whole sky programme from you tube on to a dvd for me?

Payment of course will be made!!:greengrin

3pm
13-10-2016, 05:15 PM
I wish they'd hurry up because I haven't watched the full match yet!

ancient hibee
13-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Can there really be many Hibs fans who don't have the whole match recorded anyway. What's all the fuss about?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Can there really be many Hibs fans who don't have the whole match recorded anyway. What's all the fuss about?

Me :(

ancient hibee
13-10-2016, 05:23 PM

What the fuss is about you or you don't have a recording:greengrin

Gmack7
13-10-2016, 06:10 PM

Or Me,i bolted out the house like an excited kid and forgot to record the game

familyman
13-10-2016, 07:19 PM
The DVD should start with pitch invasion, the goals and turf being torn up, SDG kissing LD, and Hibs fans going mental all over Hampden. Fade to ..... "94 mins earlier"
whatever the price we know release dates will be for Xmas rush...it is too long delayed but perhaps they will make a good job of it...I think some reduction for shareholders and season ticket holders should be considered.....We should have team photo post win even if we have to photoshop Stokes, Stubbs and Henderson into it!!!

lugz
13-10-2016, 07:31 PM

full game is on YouTube (it's the bbc coverage)

IWasThere2016
13-10-2016, 08:52 PM

Five months? That's a staggering time IMHO.

Fambo Jannies
13-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Hope they call the DVD Fever Pitch.

Eyrie
13-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Five months? That's a staggering time IMHO.

Apocalypse Now had an easier production than that.

WeeRussell
14-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Hope they call the DVD Fever Pitch.

Wonder what the title will be - 'Hibernian FC: Time for Heroes' or 'Persevered' something like that?

Getting all excited inside reading through this thread. You know, there are minutes in the day where I actually forget we won the Scottish cup a few months ago :agree:

hibby6270
14-10-2016, 02:24 PM

I don't have full match recorded. It's a superstitious thing I have, not to record games I'm going to be at. Don't know why I do it. Doesn't always affect the result. Just something I've stuck with for years.

I have the highlights recorded to be going on with but like others have said, a quick release of the Hibs TV version on DVD wouldn't have been the worst thing Hibs could've done, then said a "deluxe" version would be released later in the year.

I'd have bought both.