PDA

View Full Version : Question Fine Line

buktadays
12-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Obviously there's a fine line between a strong motivational kick in the ass and being pushed to the extent that you switch of.

I know NL was going to ask a lot and give players a hard time if they weren't performing ( and I like that) but has something happened behind the scenes and our team are beginning to switch off??

I don't know if this is anywhere close to the case but the atmosphere on pitch seemed really dull at the Utd game.

Earlier games you could hear him going of his nut from the top of the stand, I'm all for that I think . But are they beginning to resent his style for some reason?? I don't know..

Any thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
12-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Obviously there's a fine line between a strong motivational kick in the ass and being pushed to the extent that you switch of.

I know NL was going to ask a lot and give players a hard time if they weren't performing ( and I like that) but has something happened behind the scenes and our team are beginning to switch off??

I don't know if this is anywhere close to the case but the atmosphere on pitch seemed really dull at the Utd game.

Earlier games you could hear him going of his nut from the top of the stand, I'm all for that I think . But are they beginning to resent his style for some reason?? I don't know..

Any thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players can't understand why Lennon gets to bring and use his mobile at EM. :dunno:

Betty Boop
12-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Players can't understand why Lennon gets to bring and use his mobile at EM. :dunno:

Never heard of don't do as I do, do as I say ?

ian cruise
12-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Plenty work places staff are not allowed mobile phones however managers are. I'd be extremely disappointed if this was the case.

Heisenberg
12-10-2016, 12:13 PM

Pretty simple really. He's in charge. If they are actually upset about not being allowed their phones at EM while they are there to train then they all need a good shake.

Andy74
12-10-2016, 12:21 PM

Really? Players are thicker than I'd previously thought then.

matty_f
12-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Really? Players are thicker than I'd previously thought then.

Would be astonished if that's what gave them the hump!!

Loads of workplaces are like that, and the manager will likely need to take it make calls throughout the day as part of his role.

silverhibee
12-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Deary me.

ian cruise
12-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Big of a whoosh moment I'm guessing Silver? Fair enough I'm man enough to admit that I missed it.

silverhibee
12-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Big of a whoosh moment I'm guessing Silver? Fair enough I'm man enough to admit that I missed it.

I forgot to highlight something the OP posted, me bad. :greengrin.

Lennon can punch f*** out of the players for all I care, as long as he/they get us promoted I don't really care how Lennon treats them, that's how the red head rolls so the players better get used to it quickly, he is the boss and the players will do as there told, and if that means banning phones from the training pitch then that's fine with me.

ian cruise
12-10-2016, 10:36 PM
I forgot to highlight something the OP posted, me bad. :greengrin.

Lennon can punch f*** out of the players for all I care, as long as he/they get us promoted I don't really care how Lennon treats them, that's how the red head rolls so the players better get used to it quickly, he is the boss and the players will do as there told, and if that means banning phones from the training pitch then that's fine with me.

I agree, that getting us promoted is number one priority and it's up to the players to do it. Regarding how Lennon treats the players, and I'm not implying you say any different, I always got the impression he'd be a good man manager behind the scenes and a hot head on the touchline. I know he screams and shouts on the touchline but I just get the impression he's equally at home with the carrot method as he is with the stick. Players certainly seemed to like him at Celtic and I'd imagine if he was unjustifiably mouthy their higher paid players would be more likely to take the hump than our team.

I'd say it would be good to hear what the dressing room thinks but actually it's quite nice that there's no stories of discontent coming out (I've still to renew my pm subscription so I could be wrong!), I can only take that as a sign that in general players are happy with him.