PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Allan

Billy Whizz
10-10-2016, 05:32 PM
I see Livingston have cancelled his loan, a bit of not playing and extended travelling for him, have led to this.
Anyone remember how old Lewis is?

The Sundance Kid
10-10-2016, 05:42 PM
I see Livingston have cancelled his loan, a bit of not playing and extended travelling for him, have led to this.
Anyone remember how old Lewis is?

He's 19 but turns 20 later in the month

Brightside
10-10-2016, 05:48 PM
extended travelling??

Billy Whizz
10-10-2016, 05:56 PM
extended travelling??

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/lewis-allan-returns-hibs/

Think he lives in the borders somewhere

Centre Hawf
10-10-2016, 06:06 PM
In a very important time in his career and his next loan move needs to be the right one. Seems a good laddie and a decent player from what little I've seen so hopefully he can kick on at some point.

Zazu62
10-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Didn't he need surgery on his spine not long ago or am I thinking of someone else

Billy Whizz
10-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Didn't he need surgery on his spine not long ago or am I thinking of someone else

He sure did, was out for almost a year. May be one of the reasons why he doesn't want to sit in a car for too long

Blaster
10-10-2016, 06:34 PM
He sure did, was out for almost a year. May be one of the reasons why he doesn't want to sit in a car for too long

Unless he goes to Berwick on loan there's not much closer than Livingston

hibsdaft
10-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Unless he goes to Berwick on loan there's not much closer than Livingston

Edinburgh City could be an option.

Blaster
10-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Edinburgh City could be an option.

Fair shout. Was hoping he'd start playing at a higher level to see if he was making any sort of progress

Billy Whizz
10-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Fair shout. Was hoping he'd start playing at a higher level to see if he was making any sort of progress

Our 1st team are looking for goal scorers

Brooster
10-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Extented travelling? Is that a bit like mutual consent? Its bull**** whatever it is.

calumhibee1
10-10-2016, 07:46 PM
I can't see Lewis Allan making any more first team appearances at Hibs.

Heisenberg
10-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Our 1st team are looking for goal scorers

Lewis Allan sadly isn't the answer. Not good enough for the first team.

Blaster
10-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Lewis Allan sadly isn't the answer. Not good enough for the first team.

Plus he can't go back to defend corners. Too far to travel....

danhibees1875
10-10-2016, 08:09 PM
I liked the looks of Allan when he got the occasional bit of game time here. He looked to have a bit more presence about him - something that our usual youngsters don't. Thought he had potential to come good for us (which I've not written off yet).

Hope he gets a good move, kicks on, gets his chance here and takes it.

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Its been well documented that Lewis lives far down the Borders, Melrose i believe. Considering he needed pretty serious back surgery last year and not playing very much at Livi, you can blame the lad.

Im pretty certain if he was getting game time, he would have dealt with the travelling, no point putting himself in trouble back wise if he isnt getting the rewards.

Hopefully we find him something.

PiemanP
11-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately injury looks like its ended his chances at Hibs. Without putting the guy down his goal scoring record both at youth level and in the lower leagues is very poor. When you compare that to the rate that Cummings and Shaw are bangining them in at youth level and the likes of handling and insall on loan then it isn't the best of signs for a striker.

J-C
11-10-2016, 07:53 AM
I know he comes from the borders but why is he still living down there when he has a career up here in Edinburgh with Hibs, he's been here long enough so really should've had a flat organised, I'm pretty sure Hibs own flats next to ER.

As for his career, I remember a couple of cameo appearances but his injury has probably taken care of going further with us, he just seems to be permanently on loan.

Golden Bear
11-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Whatever the circumstances, I wish the young guy the very best for the future whether it is with Hibs or not.

An injury like the one he had must have been pretty devastating at a crucial stage of his career and at the very least he deserves our sympathy and certainly not some of the dafty comments.

jdships
11-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Disappointed !
Know a couple of those involved in his early days in the Borders and they felt he he had the right attitude and talent to be a very good player at our level
Good luck to him !!
:thumbsup:

greenlex
11-10-2016, 04:21 PM
There's a perfectly good train service runs from near as damn it Melrose to Edinburgh. Strangely enough there is two train routes from Edinburgh to Livingston too.

jgl07
11-10-2016, 09:44 PM
There's a perfectly good train service runs from near as damn it Melrose to Edinburgh. Strangely enough there is two train routes from Edinburgh to Livingston too.
Neither of them go anywhere near the stadium though!

Unseen work
11-10-2016, 09:55 PM
He can't want it that much if it's down to not wanting to travel.

A young footballer coming through should be willing to give anything to make it.

Forza Fred
12-10-2016, 04:47 AM
Travel is red herring.

Sincerely hope all is well physically given previous history.

Football is a tough game to make it in when you are fully fit......

hibbymark
12-10-2016, 05:40 AM
Let's not forget that once he gets to Livingston he might be traveling to the likes of Stranraer and Peterhead as a unused sub or not stripped then back to Livingston then the borders .
I like the lads bustling,physical style which can make players standout at youth level(manchild). Whether its down to injury or ability, on the few recent occasions I've watched him with the development squad he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a first team player for us right now unfortunately.

Allant1981
12-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Let's not forget that once he gets to Livingston he might be traveling to the likes of Stranraer and Peterhead as a unused sub or not stripped then back to Livingston then the borders .
I like the lads bustling,physical style which can make players standout at youth level(manchild). Whether its down to injury or ability, on the few recent occasions I've watched him with the development squad he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a first team player for us right now unfortunately.

If he wanted it badly enough he would make the sacrifice, and its not as if he is driving to all these places, there must be more to it than the travelling, i have guys who drive over an hour to work, do a 12 hour shift then drive home again, football players annoy me sometimes(again if this is the reason)

JDHibs
12-10-2016, 08:42 AM
If he wanted it badly enough he would make the sacrifice, and its not as if he is driving to all these places, there must be more to it than the travelling, i have guys who drive over an hour to work, do a 12 hour shift then drive home again, football players annoy me sometimes(again if this is the reason)

Livingston just played East Fife in the league the other week. Young Allan was on the bench. Not sure if he got on.

But, Melrose to Livingston is 2.5 hours, Livingston to East Fife 1 Hour, game on the bench 1.5 hours, and the journey in reverse. Times are obviously rough but you get the idea. Assuming hes still in Melrose.

8.5 hours sitting down for a young lad with a bad back? Pretty certain all the games in that league would be of similar distance. Would be different if he was running around for 90mins and making it worth while. But nobody would like to sit and travel for 7 hours every week to then sit and do nothing for another 1.5 hours.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2016, 11:20 AM
If he can't break into the Livi team I doubt he will make it with Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
12-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Livingston just played East Fife in the league the other week. Young Allan was on the bench. Not sure if he got on.

But, Melrose to Livingston is 2.5 hours, Livingston to East Fife 1 Hour, game on the bench 1.5 hours, and the journey in reverse. Times are obviously rough but you get the idea. Assuming hes still in Melrose.

8.5 hours sitting down for a young lad with a bad back? Pretty certain all the games in that league would be of similar distance. Would be different if he was running around for 90mins and making it worth while. But nobody would like to sit and travel for 7 hours every week to then sit and do nothing for another 1.5 hours.

Sorry this may come over as harsh but i cant feel sorry for someone just because he has to sit and travel for 7 hours every week, i damaged the discs in my back and granted may not be as bad as his back but it takes me an hour to get to work in the morning and then depending on traffic coming back out of edinburgh can sometimes take up to 1.5 hours, there are guys playing for travel allowances in the lower leagues who do a lot more than what this young lad is doing but they do it as they want to play football every week, again if this is the reason then thats a big problem but there may well be other issues

Radium
12-10-2016, 01:22 PM

Livingston to Melrose is 75 mins by car, so think you are doubling your doubles.

JimBHibees
12-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Livingston to Melrose is 75 mins by car, so think you are doubling your doubles.

Did he not play for Forfar last season, loads more travelling.

Golden Bear
12-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Looks like he could be featuring in our next Development game.

Brooster
12-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Looks like he could be featuring in our next Development game.

Has he not been available all season?

Golden Bear
12-10-2016, 06:27 PM
Has he not been available all season?

Not sure. I just read it today on a Facebook feed.

Brooster
12-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Not sure. I just read it today on a Facebook feed.

Loan players can still turn out for parent club development teams I think Im right in saying.

Golden Bear
12-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Loan players can still turn out for parent club development teams I think Im right in saying.

The article was implying that Lewis was struggling to break into the Livvy team right now because of the form of others so they thought it was just as well he went back to Hibs. Absolutely no mention of injury or the supposed reluctance to travel.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2016, 07:01 PM
On a good day i can get from Blackpool to Edinburgh by car in 3 hours, he must be walking from Melrose if he's taking that long? :confused:

Allant1981
12-10-2016, 07:06 PM
The article was implying that Lewis was struggling to break into the Livvy team right now because of the form of others so they thought it was just as well he went back to Hibs. Absolutely no mention of injury or the supposed reluctance to travel.

It did mention the travelling to livingston

oconnors_strip
12-10-2016, 08:13 PM

Depends on what type of loan, can't remember what Lewis was on.

Dashing Bob S
12-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Love to him hitting the net, from crosses provided by Dan Carmichael.

Anybody else think Deeks could still do a job for us?

Unseen work
12-10-2016, 09:46 PM
The fact that he's a bit of a unit and physical he might find himself get a chance as he is more mobile than holt and graham if he bangs in a couple quickly for the Development squad. I doubt it tho.

Ronniekirk
12-10-2016, 10:03 PM
He had a very good tecord scoring for our Development Team George Craig had high jopes for him But when he has been out on Loan the goals have dried up and then he got injured while on Loan with Forfar so not sure if he has had a lot of game time since he recoveted from his injury

greenlex
13-10-2016, 08:26 AM
The last time I saw him he was a ball boy at the Bronby game.

jdships
13-10-2016, 10:19 AM
On a good day i can get from Blackpool to Edinburgh by car in 3 hours, he must be walking from Melrose if he's taking that long? :confused:

And you would be happy to do that both ways five days a week for around eight months ?
Aye right !!
That's whatt you would call " over and above the line of duty " :greengrin

overdrive
13-10-2016, 11:26 AM
The fact that he's a bit of a unit and physical he might find himself get a chance as he is more mobile than holt and graham if he bangs in a couple quickly for the Development squad. I doubt it tho.

I don't think he'll be eligible to play for the first team until January unless we pull some sort of dodgy manoeuvre like Hearts did a couple of years ago.

Unseen work
13-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Not in the development squad tonight, nor was Scott Martin or Aaron dunsmore.

offshorehibby
13-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Was Scott Martin not sent off last week.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Was Scott Martin not sent off last week.

Yup, 2 yellows means he misses the next game

oconnors_strip
13-10-2016, 09:11 PM

Think dunsmore isn't on a development loan deal at Edinburgh city which means he can't play for hibs in development matches