Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Keatings in behind the front two where he was at the start of the season when we were winning!! Dylan Fyvie and McGinn behind. Harsh on Forster but think we need to get Hanlon back to centre half and Lewis to full back

Thoughts...

green day
10-10-2016, 05:33 AM
Works for me. Back to what works, and dropping shinnie is a no brainier at the moment.

Brooster
10-10-2016, 05:57 AM
I would leave Stevenson out, he was such a weak link.

Brightside
10-10-2016, 07:51 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Keatings in behind the front two where he was at the start of the season when we were winning!! Dylan Fyvie and McGinn behind. Harsh on Forster but think we need to get Hanlon back to centre half and Lewis to full back

Thoughts...

Yep id go with that.... I'm a bit concerned that Dylan is showing very little since coming back into the team. We may end up with Bartley at the base and Fyvie playing further up.

danhibees1875
10-10-2016, 07:51 AM
I'd go for that starting 11 anyway. Either as a 442 diamond or a 433. Even a 4-2-2-2 with keatings and mcginn more wide and forward.

RoxburghHibs
10-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

Yes that looks like our best starting XI for now.

:top marks

JimBHibees
10-10-2016, 08:01 AM
Yep id go with that.... I'm a bit concerned that Dylan is showing very little since coming back into the team. We may end up with Bartley at the base and Fyvie playing further up.

I think that might happen also was probably the reason he came on against St Mirren. Having his physicality against a fired up Raith is probably the right move.

Highland_Hibee
10-10-2016, 08:04 AM
We've had results this season with Keats, Holt and Jas all starting so let's go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wick hibby
10-10-2016, 08:06 AM

This is a joke. I hope

matty_f
10-10-2016, 08:11 AM

Best option we have for that position.

Jones28
10-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Marciano
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Fyvie McGinn Keatings
Cummings Holt

Coults1875
10-10-2016, 08:16 AM

Seriously?

fishybeaver
10-10-2016, 08:40 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

Replace Keatings with Harris would be my preference

staunchhibby
10-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Stevenson is better at full back than Hanlon.Let hanlon take his own position in midfield.Still undecided re Harris.

eastmainsmsh
10-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Marciano

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Fyvie
Mcgeoch
Mcginn
Stevenson

Holt
Cummings

If all fit

mim
10-10-2016, 09:44 AM
I'd like to get back to 3-5-2, but be a bit braver about the selection.

Marciano
McGregor Bartley Hanlon
Gray McGeouch Fyvie McGinn Stevenson
Cummings Holt

California-Hibs
10-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

Thoughts are you're 100% spot on with that team! 👍

Brooster
10-10-2016, 10:38 AM
This is a joke. I hope

Do you think he was playing well before his suspension?

NikGunnarsson
10-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Marciano

Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Crane

Fyive
McGeouch

Keatings

Harris
Holt
Cummings

2 deep lying midfielders and Keatings back to CAM, dont see why Stevenson would play if he has been dreadful and Harris deserves another go

Albanian Hibs
10-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

This.

Jim44
10-10-2016, 11:29 AM
OK, I'm up for being shouted down or sneered at, but in my opinion, instead of setting up the team in a set formation, we'd be as well setting up a loose formation giving key players free rein to adapt to ongoing circumstances. My 'theory' is based on the notion that if you have good players with the right motivation, which I trust we have, they should be able to take care of any team in our league.

Diclonius
10-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

I agree with your selection but I would put Keatings up front in a 4-3-3 formation. Holt can win the ball and lay it off for him and Cummings. Keatings does very little in the "Dean Shiels" role. A midfield trio of Fyvie, McGinn and McGeouch is as good as any and Stevenson/Gray can go forward as usual but not leave the team clinically exposed as they would in the 5-3-2 formation.

SlickShoes
10-10-2016, 01:27 PM

I'm not a fan of Lewis in general but he is the best left back we have at the club so he should be playing every week despite his flaws. Hanlon as shown at the weekend is a good CH and never a LB.

Dashing Bob S
10-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

As a sub for Keatings? I thought you should have known better.

Lago
10-10-2016, 02:34 PM

No he is not.

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm not a fan of Lewis in general but he is the best left back we have at the club so he should be playing every week despite his flaws. Hanlon as shown at the weekend is a good CH and never a LB.

I'd agree that he's the best left back, but he's not asked to play left back he's asked to play as a wingback, and that is where his weaknesses are exposed in my opinion.

We dont have another left wingback in the club, and Crane is not seen as that player by the manager, as he couldn't even make the bench in the diddy cup on Saturday.

Craig_HFC
10-10-2016, 02:55 PM
I'd agree that he's the best left back, but he's not asked to play left back he's asked to play as a wingback, and that is where his weaknesses are exposed in my opinion.

We dont have another left wingback in the club, and Crane is not seen as that player by the manager, as he couldn't even make the bench in the diddy cup on Saturday.

He wasn't playing for the U20's at the weekend either so maybe he's injured?

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2016, 03:46 PM
He wasn't playing for the U20's at the weekend either so maybe he's injured?

Hopefully that is the case, although why we played with Hanlon as our left back with a fully fit Stevenson available is anyone's guess? :confused:

SteveHFC
10-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Marciano

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson

McGinn, Fyvie,

Boyle, Keatings, Harris

Cummings

JimBHibees
10-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Hopefully that is the case, although why we played with Hanlon as our left back with a fully fit Stevenson available is anyone's guess? :confused:

I think there was an element of giving people starts on Saturday, Harris/Boyle/Forster which in the long run may at least give him the chance to say at least he gave them a start. Worrying though that Forster played and Hanlon left back for a second week running though.

Heisenberg
10-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...

That's the team for me as well. Forster isn't good enough to play every week, put Hanlon and McGregor back together and play a proper left back. Keatings, Cummings and Holt up front looked dangerous at the start of the season so would be worth giving that another go.

McGregor to absolutely destroy Skacel as well please.

eastcoasthibby
10-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Marciano

Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson

McGinn, Fyvie,

Boyle, Keatings, Harris

Cummings

I don't think Boyle and Harris can play in the same team and especially not against Raith ...both are terrified of any physical attention ! Play one of them and keep swapping wings, push McGinn wide left if winger is on the right and mcgeoch if winger goes on the left.
Mchattie and Thomson ? are Raith full backs and a quick winger playing against them they will struggle ..we also need the wide player to get at them and when one is knackered get the other one on.
It needs to be Holt & either Cummings or Keats ...I just wonder when players are going to start putting the effort in and play for jerseys ! Very fewxseem to burst a gut ..
I am interested to see what Lennon comes up with for this one ..I actually don't think we need Bartley in either ..just another point of view. ..!!!

Nicho87
10-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Marciano
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley

Fyvie dylan mcginn
Holt Keatings

danhibees1875
10-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Marciano
Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley

Fyvie dylan mcginn
Holt Keatings

Hope the opposition don't play with any wingers!

wick hibby
11-10-2016, 05:45 AM
Do you think he was playing well before his suspension?

What about team mates were they playing good??????

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Marciano

Eardley
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Harris
McGinn
Fyvie
Boyle

Holt
Cummings

Flat 4-4-2

Eardley can play left back, if Lennon doesnt want to play Stevenson, may aswell try Eardley there, Hanlon is not a full back. There are things going on behind the scenes with Crane and he wont be played anytime soon. Unfortunately.

McGeough hasnt looked like the player he can and doesnt look fully fit. Fyvie and McGinn give good energy with McGinn pushing forward. Fyvie dictating as hes always looking for the ball. Bartley should only be used as a sub as he offers nothing going forward.

Tell Harris and Boyle to stay on the touchlines and dont leave them unless they are cutting into the byline.

Holt and Cummings is an obvious partnership up top, worked well at the start of the season and we've offered nothing up front since Holts been benched.

Stubbs has proved the diamond doesnt work in this league, why people insist on trying to use it, along with the management team i will never know. How many seasons will we be in this league before we change it?

THERE'S A REASON NO ONE ELSE USES IT.

makaveli1875
11-10-2016, 08:05 AM
marciano

gray mcgregor hanlon stevenson

mcgeough

harris shinnie mcginn

holt cummings

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Marciano

Eardley
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Harris
McGinn
Fyvie
Boyle

Holt
Cummings

Flat 4-4-2

Eardley can play left back, if Lennon doesnt want to play Stevenson, may aswell try Eardley there, Hanlon is not a full back. There are things going on behind the scenes with Crane and he wont be played anytime soon. Unfortunately.

McGeough hasnt looked like the player he can and doesnt look fully fit. Fyvie and McGinn give good energy with McGinn pushing forward. Fyvie dictating as hes always looking for the ball. Bartley should only be used as a sub as he offers nothing going forward.

Tell Harris and Boyle to stay on the touchlines and dont leave them unless they are cutting into the byline.

Holt and Cummings is an obvious partnership up top, worked well at the start of the season and we've offered nothing up front since Holts been benched.

Stubbs has proved the diamond doesnt work in this league, why people insist on trying to use it, along with the management team i will never know. How many seasons will we be in this league before we change it?

And the reason is?????

J-C
11-10-2016, 08:18 AM
Marciano

Eardley
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Harris
McGinn
Fyvie
Boyle

Holt
Cummings

Flat 4-4-2

Stevenson has to come back in, putting a right footed player there just makes any behind the scenes problems worse ( that's if there are problems )

Also having a strong right footed winger on the left will mean that he will cut inside all the time, he'll always want to get on his strong foot and this shows up the mistake by Lennon in not bringing in an attacking left sided player this summer.

I'd go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeough
Bartley
Fyvie

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

I think McGinn needs a rest as he's been very poor recently, we'll need Bartleys strength in the middle.

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Stevenson has to come back in, putting a right footed player there just makes any behind the scenes problems worse ( that's if there are problems )

Also having a strong right footed winger on the left will mean that he will cut inside all the time, he'll always want to get on his strong foot and this shows up the mistake by Lennon in not bringing in an attacking left sided player this summer.

I'd go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeough
Bartley
Fyvie

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

I think McGinn needs a rest as he's been very poor recently, we'll need Bartleys strength in the middle.

So you dont want to put a right footer on the left wing but are happy to play 2 left footed players each side of Holt which creates the same issue that you are soo against lol?

Still no idea why Lennon didnt bring in a left footed winger/wide player. McGeough has been very poor recently and always looks like hes holding back, he kept grabbing his groin the other week Vs Utd after sprinting. If he isnt fit, he shouldnt play. McGinn wont be dropped.

Playing with a 4-3-3 still leaves us with the issue of needing the full backs to play wing backs, which they cant do. Neither of Gray or Stevenson want to hit the by line of get into the box, their crossing leaves ALOT to be desired. Fyvie Barley and McGeough is a very narrow set up which is been one of our majors problems these past few seasons.

cmcd
11-10-2016, 09:18 AM
I believe Eardley can play right or left ??

J-C
11-10-2016, 09:19 AM
So you dont want to put a right footer on the left wing but are happy to play 2 left footed players each side of Holt which creates the same issue that you are soo against lol?

Still no idea why Lennon didnt bring in a left footed winger/wide player. McGeough has been very poor recently and always looks like hes holding back, he kept grabbing his groin the other week Vs Utd after sprinting. If he isnt fit, he shouldnt play. McGinn wont be dropped.

Playing with a 4-3-3 still leaves us with the issue of needing the full backs to play wing backs, which they cant do. Neither of Gray or Stevenson want to hit the by line of get into the box, their crossing leaves ALOT to be desired. Fyvie Barley and McGeough is a very narrow set up which is been one of our majors problems these past few seasons.

I see JC and Keats as strikers rather than wingers but both can give width and movement.

If not 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 how about going back to 3 at the back like we had at the start of the season and play 3-4-3

Marciano

Forster
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Fyvie
McGinn
Harris

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 09:53 AM
I see JC and Keats as strikers rather than wingers but both can give width and movement.

If not 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 how about going back to 3 at the back like we had at the start of the season and play 3-4-3

Marciano

Forster
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Fyvie
McGinn
Harris

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

I like the look of that. Be happy to see that given a shot.

I hate the fact that we have a very good squad, with great players. Yet we dont have any natural wide players (Boyle sees himself as a striker and Harris wants to play in the 10 role), all our midfielders are similar to eachother (Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley, McGeough) none of them like getting forward. None of them are goalscorers. All of them want to sit back and dictate. We do not have any midfielders that will score 5+ goals a season which is pathetic.

greenlex
11-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...
Cummings to the bench. Keatings up top with Holt and Shinnie taking up the tip of the diamond.

fishybeaver
11-10-2016, 10:16 AM

I hate the fact that we have a very good squad, with great players. Yet we dont have any natural wide players (Boyle sees himself as a striker and Harris wants to play in the 10 role), all our midfielders are similar to eachother (Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley, McGeough) none of them like getting forward. None of them are goalscorers. All of them want to sit back and dictate. We do not have any midfielders that will score 5+ goals a season which is pathetic.

Harris got 6 last season at qots

J-C
11-10-2016, 10:17 AM

The squad was last year and still is very imbalanced.

As you say we have too many midfielders all too similar and feel it was a mistake not signing Henderson as he plays further forward. Boyle does prefer being a striker and has played best as one of 3 up top on the right, as for Harris I've only ever seen him play wide.

Shinnie was brought in to play in the hole but has looked very poor and cumbersome, looks like he's dragging 20k weights behind him at times.

I think McGeouch will struggle all season with niggles and will not get a new contract, on form he's superb at times but so far he's done nothing to talk about and as much as others love Fyvie I still feel he makes too many mistakes, his passing and awareness can be shocking at times.

Look back at all the games this season and you'll struggle to see a side which has been the same 2 games in a row, started with 3 at the back and has went back to the diamond, far too much shuffling of players and too many variations in shape, no wonder the players are confused.

B.H.F.C
11-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Cummings to the bench. Keatings up top with Holt and Shinnie taking up the tip of the diamond.

After his last couple of performances Shinnie should be nowhere near the starting line up.

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Harris got 6 last season at qots

Struggle to see what the point of your post is? Unless you are trying to make him look pretty poor?

6 assists in this league isnt great. Pretty certain Stevenson got more than that?

All in all he got 6 assists and 4 goals in 27 apps? So he was involved in a goal every 2.7 games...not exactly amazing...

scoopyboy
11-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Marciano

Forster
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Fyvie
McGinn
Harris

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

Not in agreement with this team J-C.

Starting with both Harris and Boyle is suicide in my opinion.

I would start with neither and after watching that on Saturday I can understand why Neil Lennon was interested in Peter Pawlett.

We can't afford to carry passengers and that is what they would be against Raith.

Impact subs maybe, starters no.

All in my opinion of course J-C. :greengrin

biotech
11-10-2016, 11:04 AM
We have to do better defensively. So, I'd opt for Bartley to protect the back four. Additionally, I would give Harris a start as showed enough last week to suggest he can offer a different option.

Unseen work
11-10-2016, 11:25 AM
.........................Marciano
.........Forster.....mcgregor....Hanlon
Gray...........Fyvie.........Mcginn.........Steven son
...........................Keatings............... ............
..............Cummings..........Holt/Graham

J-C
11-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Not in agreement with this team J-C.

Starting with both Harris and Boyle is suicide in my opinion.

I would start with neither and after watching that on Saturday I can understand why Neil Lennon was interested in Peter Pawlett.

We can't afford to carry passengers and that is what they would be against Raith.

Impact subs maybe, starters no.

All in my opinion of course J-C. :greengrin

Not my team either Scoops, JDHibs and I couldn't agree on 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 so I came up with this instead, I'd still play 4-3-3 with the team I gave earlier.

J-C
11-10-2016, 11:27 AM
.........................Marciano
.........Forster.....mcgregor....Hanlon
Gray...........Fyvie.........Mcginn.........Steven son
...........................Keatings............... ............
..............Cummings..........Holt/Graham

This would be my team with 3 at the back, if he goes with a back 3 I can see him playing Shinnie instead of Keatings.

Unseen work
11-10-2016, 11:37 AM
This would be my team with 3 at the back, if he goes with a back 3 I can see him playing Shinnie instead of Keatings.

Likewise I'm just thinking of keatings delivery from set pieces etc and we seem to of gone to pot since shinnie has came in (not blaming shinnie for our results)

Brightside
11-10-2016, 12:16 PM

I'd go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeough
Bartley
Fyvie

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

McGinn is away having a rest at the moment.

fishybeaver
11-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Struggle to see what the point of your post is? Unless you are trying to make him look pretty poor?

6 assists in this league isnt great. Pretty certain Stevenson got more than that?

All in all he got 6 assists and 4 goals in 27 apps? So he was involved in a goal every 2.7 games...not exactly amazing...

How many did McGinn, Fyfie, Henderson etc get each last season?

J-C
11-10-2016, 01:27 PM

McGinn 5, Fyvie 0 (but he is more defensive), Henderson 6.

Not really hard to look up stats and post them yourself.

JDHibs
11-10-2016, 01:34 PM

McGinn 3 in the league, 5 in total
Hendo 5 in the league, 6 in total
Fyvie 0
Bartley 0
McGeough 0

PATHETIC. utterly pathetic.

Which is why Harris and Boyle are both in my team i posted above, as Boyle got 6 in the league from the bench and Harris got 4. But if someone is trying to make Harris look good by saying he got 6 assists, its a very poor argument. Our midfielders goals/assist to games ratio is pathetic and should be used as an argument.

Big L
11-10-2016, 06:40 PM
I like a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1.

Marciano.
Gray Foster Hanlon Stevenson.
Fyvie McGinn.
Shinnie McGeough Keatings.
Cummings.
I feel McGeough can come short or be a link from the mid 2 to supply ammo for the 3 strikers, I think theirs goals in this side.

GGTTH!!9

Borderhibbie76
11-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGeouch
McGinn
Keatings
(Diamond)

Holt
Cummings

Thoughts...
Not harsh on Forster at all...imo he has been gash the last 2 weeks and done nothing to cement a place in team

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk