PDA

View Full Version : Have a good look !

eastcoasthibby
09-10-2016, 10:04 AM
We are not performing as we could be the potential is within the squad but I think too many and the management included thought were good enough to just have to turn up most weeks and we would get results and subsequently promotion ...the evidence in the park for me is that too many are not workinf hard enough in a game and there attitude is not right they are complacent, not enough desire and little urgency. Lennons team selections have been somewhat bizarre and substitions the same.
All told the players and management need to have a good look at themselves and honestly reflect that what they are giving, decisions they make and their desire is at the highest level for each game !!
Too many look like they are going through the motions in games . Lennon needs to accept he is not Billy big shot anymore, yes he has the capacity but he also needs to admit within himself that he isn't getting it right ..egos are a problem and people need to earn the right to have them ..we aren't doing that, so players and management need to get back down to earth and put the club first ..

Forza Fred
09-10-2016, 11:46 PM
We are not performing as we could be the potential is within the squad but I think too many and the management included thought were good enough to just have to turn up most weeks and we would get results and subsequently promotion ...the evidence in the park for me is that too many are not workinf hard enough in a game and there attitude is not right they are complacent, not enough desire and little urgency. Lennons team selections have been somewhat bizarre and substitions the same.
All told the players and management need to have a good look at themselves and honestly reflect that what they are giving, decisions they make and their desire is at the highest level for each game !!
Too many look like they are going through the motions in games . Lennon needs to accept he is not Billy big shot anymore, yes he has the capacity but he also needs to admit within himself that he isn't getting it right ..egos are a problem and people need to earn the right to have them ..we aren't doing that, so players and management need to get back down to earth and put the club first ..

In short..we are underperforming.

No arguments there!

Still can't understand why Crane hasn't got a game past two weeks.

Obviously there may be factors we are all unaware of...but he DID inject a degree of enthusiasm when he played against Birmingham, and we could certainly do with a degree of that throughout the team!

silverhibee
09-10-2016, 11:54 PM
In short..we are underperforming.

No arguments there!

Still can't understand why Crane hasn't got a game past two weeks.

Obviously there may be factors we are all unaware of...but he DID inject a degree of enthusiasm when he played against Birmingham, and we could certainly do with a degree of that throughout the team!

Lennon obviously doesn't think the lad Crane is ready for a start yet.

Forza Fred
10-10-2016, 05:15 AM
Lennon obviously doesn't think the lad Crane is ready for a start yet.

That is why he is manager and I' not no doubt, but Based on the Birmingham game, and our current need, I thought he was worth a birl......

silverhibee
10-10-2016, 11:42 AM
That is why he is manager and I' not no doubt, but Based on the Birmingham game, and our current need, I thought he was worth a birl......

Or maybe Lennon didn't think now was the right time to put the lad in when we are going through a wee blip, might dent his confidence, so Lennon could be protecting the lad just now by not playing him, maybe when we are winning comfortably he may give Crane a chance in the team and rest Stevenson.

greenlex
10-10-2016, 12:02 PM
If Stevenson wasnt starting and If fit Crane should have played on Sat. If not Saturday then when?

nellio
10-10-2016, 12:11 PM
If Stevenson wasnt starting and If fit Crane should have played on Sat. If not Saturday then when?

Agree 100% should have played him in the diddy cup to test his metal. Give Hanlon a break. Its not like we could have played much worse!

indiejak1413
10-10-2016, 01:46 PM
After watching the 20s game during the week i reckon Crane should've played on Saturday. He played in front of the full coaching staff and played well. Maybe NL wants more from him . There's 2 or 3 young guys who would definately do well in 1st team. I think a bit of hunger is needed right now but you can see theyre playing with fear.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Shore Thing
10-10-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping these are just teething troubles and players/management getting to know each other.

Re Crane : When Leeann came in I remember her saying that they were implementing a new squad structure. Each position would have a 1st choice, development, and youth team player. Whoever was on form, or hungriest would get a game and no players would need to be played out of position.
Identifying target signings, and ensuring the squad had a good balance would mostly be the responsibility of the Director of Football (George Craig?).

I'm curious as to why this seems to have been abandoned after 2 seasons and key players (Hanlon for example) are being played out of position.

Anyway, let's get back to early season form and skoosh this league!! :aok:

ancient hibee
10-10-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm hoping these are just teething troubles and players/management getting to know each other.

Re Crane : When Leeann came in I remember her saying that they were implementing a new squad structure. Each position would have a 1st choice, development, and youth team player. Whoever was on form, or hungriest would get a game and no players would need to be played out of position.
Identifying target signings, and ensuring the squad had a good balance would mostly be the responsibility of the Director of Football (George Craig?).

I'm curious as to why this seems to have been abandoned after 2 seasons and key players (Hanlon for example) are being played out of position.

Anyway, let's get back to early season form and skoosh this league!! :aok:

Because the manager picks the team.

West lower
10-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Or maybe Lennon didn't think now was the right time to put the lad in when we are going through a wee blip, might dent his confidence, so Lennon could be protecting the lad just now by not playing him, maybe when we are winning comfortably he may give Crane a chance in the team and rest Stevenson.

I think the whole team looks like it is playing with a degree of fear. I read somewhere that the boss said he maybe needs to look at himself. Maybe he should .

Hibeewilly
11-10-2016, 11:16 AM
I think the whole team looks like it is playing with a degree of fear. I read somewhere that the boss said he maybe needs to look at himself. Maybe he should .
Its so obvious that hardly anybody is prepared to put their foot on the ball. Is this fear being caused by Lennons shouting and bawling on the touchline. I'm in the East but mates in the West are telling me some of the bollockings he is dishing out are over the top