PDA

View Full Version : Hard Kick up backside needed

madhatter
08-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Too many players looking like they are happy just making up the numbers.

Shinnie should train with the kids, his play was shocking in that game. Did nothing and his touch is abysmal.

In Midfield and upfront we are toothless and Forster can't play on the left of a CB partnership as he has no left foot.

Lennon get this sorted!

Shocking. Fail against a team that play hoofball. For years now we've had no balance. Keep signing ok/good players but we don't build a solid team.

We played Harris and Boyle and it was so narrow again. Tell them to stay on the touch line ffs.

Jones28
08-10-2016, 05:15 PM

Shinnie should train with the kids, his play was shocking in that game. Did nothing and his touch is abysmal.

In Midfield and upfront we are toothless and Forster can't play on the left of a CB partnership as he has no left foot.

Lennon get this sorted!

Shocking. Fail against a team that play hoofball. For years now we've had no balance. Keep signing ok/good players but we don't build a solid team.

We played Harris and Boyle and it was so narrow again. Tell them to stay on the touch line ffs.

There's a young lad in the 13's that would be a better option than Shinnie at the moment. Expected so much more from him. 1 goal and 1 assist I think so far.

Nicho87
08-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Lennon out - Stubbs in?

The Captain....
08-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Was a very dispiriting 90 mins today...as action replay of ***** performances we've seen before. Dominate possession, no cutting edge, get our noses in front, concede from a set peice. Huff and puff second half, run out of ideas, concede comic cuts second.

I've not been impressed by Lennon so far, neither his recruitment or the way he utilises his players fills me with any confidence. We are dreadful to watch and have regressed considerably in the quality of the playing staff. Not ****ing good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keep the faith
08-10-2016, 05:41 PM
At this time lennon is getting far less from last seasons players than stubbs did and very little from the players brought in.

Be really interesting to see how the manager reacts to this dip. I hope it's not just more slating of the players.

Onion
08-10-2016, 05:54 PM
At this time lennon is getting far less from last seasons players than stubbs did and very little from the players brought in.

Be really interesting to see how the manager reacts to this dip. I hope it's not just more slating of the players.

Agree with all this. Stubbs didn't get enough credit for what he managed to get out of players. Big on team spirit ( for good and bad), I'm not yet quite sure what Lennon's core management strength is but hammering into players will only get you so far.

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2016, 05:57 PM
The players need more than a kick up the backside - one or two need permanently replaced.
The cold harsh truth is that our current first team is simply not good enough to pick up wins over a lengthy stretch of games.(unlike The Jambos and Sevco in their promotion-winning seasons) Yes, we won our first 5, but lady luck shone on us in 2, maybe 3 of those games.
That familiar deja vu feeling has once again swept over Easter Road, as performances, both individual and collective, have nose-dived. At the moment we can't buy a win - our forwards and midfielders can't score (or score enough)and our defenders can't defend, and in the process, leads can't be held onto.
The grim reality also is that we are stuck with what we have; new players simply have not delivered and at best make the bench, old players continue to make the same mistakes and our tactics are utterly predictable and easy to counter.
The only upside, as I've said before, is that we are in the mix at the top and we must ensure that we remain in that mix. Hopefully, come January, major surgery is carried out, with new blood introduced, and one or two regulars moved on or relegated to the bench.
Whatever our thoughts about individual players who have been around a while, the fact is that their continued presence on the park is one of the main reasons we are not "skooshing" the league this season and have failed to mount a serious automatic promotion challenge in the last 2 years.

Ilovehibs
08-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Totally agree. There seems to be a loss of team spirit which is worrying alongside the other obvious problems.

keep the faith
08-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Your bang on regarding the team spirit last year. It's not there anymore.
I know lennon is about making us winners etc but im just not sure if the touch line berating gets the best from players or promotes confidence on the park. Maybe that harder approach takes time to embed?

Either way, the team look very disconnected and stilted at present. The enthusiasm and togetherness has disappeared.

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 06:02 PM

Lennon get this sorted!

So many people on here were calling him shinnie esta. Never rated him.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Lennon out - Stubbs in?

:faf:

Where do you think the compensation money is going to come from to pay off Neil Lennon (and presumably his assistant Gary Parker) after they have just signed a two year contract?

Then, wait for it, get Alan Stubbs back to ER! Presumably, also paying Rotherham compensation too, and pay Stubbs and his assistant's salaries at ER. Even if Stubbs could be persuaded to come back to ER, which he wont.

I wonder what Leeann Dempster would think if this suggestion? I could have a good guess.

Anyway, Hibs are stuck with Lennon, and he has to improve performance levels at ER quickly, even though the squad at his disposal is not as good as some are making out. Stokes and Henderson are huge misses. Hibs performances since the start of the season, in the main, have not been what you would expect to see from a team strolling away with the league. Does anyone seriously believe they are?

The match report today could have been copied and pasted from numerous previous match reports over the last 3 seasons. Usual late farcical "sucker punch" near the end of the game. It was all there. Again.

They just are not learning and eradicating past failings. They are repeating them.

Nicho87
08-10-2016, 06:20 PM

Where do you think the compensation money is going to come from to pay off Neil Lennon (and presumably his assistant Gary Parker) after they have just signed a two year contract?

Then, wait for it, get Alan Stubbs back to ER! Presumably, also paying Rotherham compensation too, and pay Stubbs and his assistant's salaries at ER. Even if Stubbs could be persuaded to come back to ER, which he wont.

I wonder what Leeann Dempster would think if this suggestion? I could have a good guess.

Anyway, Hibs are stuck with Lennon, and he has to improve performance levels at ER quickly, even though the squad at his disposal is not as good as some are making out. Stokes and Henderson are huge misses. Hibs performances since the start of the season, in the main, have not been what you would expect to see from a team strolling away with the league. Does anyone seriously believe they are?

The match report today could have been copied and pasted from numerous previous match reports over the last 3 seasons. Usual late farcical "sucker punch" near the end of the game. It was all there. Again.

They just are not learning and eradicating past failings. They are repeating them.

Jesus

keep the faith
08-10-2016, 06:22 PM

I'm not sure the stubbs thing was an actual suggestion.....

emerald green
08-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Jesus

What's he got to do with it?

emerald green
08-10-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure the stubbs thing was an actual suggestion.....

What was the suggestion? Maybe I'm missing the point?

JimBHibees
08-10-2016, 06:27 PM
The players need more than a kick up the backside - one or two need permanently replaced.
The cold harsh truth is that our current first team is simply not good enough to pick up wins over a lengthy stretch of games.(as per The Jambos and Sevco in their promotion-winning seasons) Yes, we won our first 5, but lady luck shone on us in 2, maybe 3 of those games.
That familiar deja vu feeling has once again swept over Easter Road, as performances, both individual and collective, have nose-dived. At the moment we can't buy a win - our forwards and midfielders can't score (or score enough)and our defenders can't defend, and in the process, leads can't be held onto.
The grim reality also is that we are stuck with what we have; new players simply have not delivered and at best make the bench, old players continue to make the same mistakes and our tactics are utterly predictable and easy to counter.
The only upside, as I've said before, is that we are in the mix at the top and we must ensure that we remain in that mix. Hopefully, come January, major surgery is carried out, with new blood introduced, and one or two regulars moved on or relegated to the bench.
Whatever our thoughts about individual players who have been around a while, the fact is that their continued presence on the park is one of the main reasons we are not "skooshing" the league this season and have failed to mount a serious automatic promotion challenge in the last 2 years.

And Lady Luck didn't shine on us re 2 very soft sending offs.

keep the faith
08-10-2016, 06:28 PM
The lennon out, stubbs in quote which set you off on one.
I assume the poster wasn't actually suggesting that.

Jim44
08-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Lennon out - Stubbs in?

I assume this was for laughs. I'm indifferent to the first part but for God's sake, don't even joke about the second part. Why would we even entertain the thought of going for someone who walked out on us four months ago. We might be struggling, but surely we have some pride and a little common sense.

Ilovehibs
08-10-2016, 06:38 PM
The cold harsh truth is that our current first team is simply not good enough to pick up wins over a lengthy stretch of games.(as per The Jambos and Sevco in their promotion-winning seasons) Yes, we won our first 5, but lady luck shone on us in 2, maybe 3 of those games.

Pretty accurate and depressing summary.
We underinvested in the team during the transfer window.
Lennon needs to do something to sort this out.
We cannot afford another season in this league. Not looking too promising right now sadly.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 06:38 PM
The lennon out, stubbs in quote which set you off on one.
I assume the poster wasn't actually suggesting that.

Why would you assume that? So, what does "Lennon out - Stubbs in?" mean? Maybe the subtlety of that post is lost on me. :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Why would you assume that? So, what does "Lennon out - Stubbs in?" mean? Maybe the subtlety of that post is lost on me. :confused:

:agree:

Lennon out, Butcher in.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 06:50 PM
:agree:

Lennon out, Butcher in.

:panic: :greengrin

Captain Trips
08-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Tippy tappy pish out
Finishing and scoring in

Ronniekirk
08-10-2016, 07:04 PM

I was in the West Stand today for a change and had great view Lennon H was doing his duster and constantly getting on at the players and letting them know he wasnt happy
Its clear they are not responding to this

Its not so long ago that we dismantled st mirren on thier own patch Now they dont have a Manager yet as the game wore on my son turned and said St Mirren will win this ,and they did
Something is clearly not working out We started the Season lookig like we meant business and were going to take control of the leaugue
Now we are out of three Cups ,Havent won in four games only scoring three goals, Lennons signings in particuar are not brining a lot to the Table and we look an avetage team
Where has the Persevere Spirit gone

marinello59
08-10-2016, 07:07 PM
I was in the West Stand today for a change and had great view Lennon H was doing his duster and constantly getting on at the players and letting them know he wasnt happy
Its clear they are not responding to this

Its not so long ago that we dismantled st mirren on thier own patch Now they dont have a Manager yet as the game wore on my son turned and said St Mirren will win this ,and they did
Something is clearly not working out We started the Season lookig like we meant business and were going to take control of the leaugue
Now we are out of three Cups ,Havent won in four games only scoring three goals, Lennons signings in particuar are not brining a lot to the Table and we look an avetage team
Where has the Persevere Spirit gone

He micro manages the game to the nth degree. He really needs to trust the players more, he's coming across as a bit of a Maurice Malpas.

ancient hibee
08-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Clearly we have got a number of players who can't cope with being expected to put in a performance and win every week.Until that's sorted we'll struggle.It"s not tha manager's fault that players can't take the pressure.We won the cup when we weren't expected to even get to the final.Th players were the underdogs,now they're the favourites and some aren't up to it.

Jim44
08-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Pretty accurate and depressing summary.
We underinvested in the team during the transfer window.
Lennon needs to do something to sort this out.
We cannot afford another season in this league. Not looking too promising right now sadly.

You better believe it. As it is, I think a third season in the doldrums is a disaster for our club. I daren't think what a fourth season would do. We are only surviving because we are clinging on to the reputation we earned as a good, solid club in the top flight of Scottish football. A fourth season among the also-rans could jeapordise the whole future of the club.

madhatter
08-10-2016, 07:19 PM
He micro manages the game to the nth degree. He really needs to trust the players more, he's coming across as a bit of a Maurice Malpas.

Players fault, terrible performance again. It's up to them to make runs and not stand like a dummy.

Lennon clearly at one point turned to the dugout and said "what the **** was that?" after one of our players did an idiotic pass that lost possession when we were in a good position. He clearly sees something better in training and is lost for how it is so bad in games.

Players need to show more. Hanlon, Fyvie and McGeouch get pass marks for intent - they showed flurries of drive but the rest was pass sideways and backwards with no movement.

No point playing Fyvie and McGeouch unless we play a 4231 or something like that because they are far too far away from the oppositions box to make any real impact.

Shinnie needs punted. Shocking performance from a full time footballer. One of the worst I've seen in a while. Couldn't control a single ball and looked lethargic in everything he did.

BigT-Hibeez
08-10-2016, 07:25 PM

Where do you think the compensation money is going to come from to pay off neil lennon (and presumably his assistant gary parker) after they have just signed a two year contract?

Then, wait for it, get alan stubbs back to er! Presumably, also paying rotherham compensation too, and pay stubbs and his assistant's salaries at er. Even if stubbs could be persuaded to come back to er, which he wont.

I wonder what leeann dempster would think if this suggestion? I could have a good guess.

Anyway, hibs are stuck with lennon, and he has to improve performance levels at er quickly, even though the squad at his disposal is not as good as some are making out. Stokes and henderson are huge misses. Hibs performances since the start of the season, in the main, have not been what you would expect to see from a team strolling away with the league. Does anyone seriously believe they are?

glue sniffer!!!

madhatter
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Thing that has occurred to me for some years is how much our players look like little boys against the opposition. Most teams have a midfield made up of players that contribute at both ends, we don't. We lack height and physical presence. Bartley the tank is awful at headering and rest are lightweight midgets. Cummings and Keatings are tiny and get shoved about. why has no manager for years thought about building a strong team? We don't need to play hoofball but be nice to be more resilient to it when other teams play it...

Mixu62
08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Jesus

Nah, I hear he's rubbish at crosses.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
glue sniffer!!!

Wow. Good post. :rolleyes:

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2016, 07:54 PM
And Lady Luck didn't shine on us re 2 very soft sending offs.

The sending off's didn't help, I agree, but we are the favourites for the championship for a reason and should still have been able to deal with the opposition and seen out both games much, much better.
Many a team playing with 10 men has gone on to lift their game and actually win.

Mr White
08-10-2016, 07:59 PM
The sending off's didn't help, I agree, but we are the favourites for the championship for a reason and should still have been able to deal with the opposition and seen out both games much, much better.
Many a team playing with 10 men has gone on to lift their game and actually win.

A red card is usually treated as equivalent to losing a goal by bookies when pricing in play games so while you're right that many teams have gone on to win games after being reduced to 10 men, many many more have not. Statistically it's a lot harder to score with 10 men than it is against 10 men.

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 10:50 PM
A red card is usually treated as equivalent to losing a goal by bookies when pricing in play games so while you're right that many teams have gone on to win games after being reduced to 10 men, many many more have not. Statistically it's a lot harder to score with 10 men than it is against 10 men.

Remember a team winning at ER wi 9 men.

SteveHFC
09-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Lennon out, Calderwood in.

Forza Fred
09-10-2016, 12:58 AM

Nailed it.

MacGruber
09-10-2016, 06:50 AM
People saying it's new blood in January - do we trust Neil Lennon with recruitment. A summer where he specifically identified strikers as priority we waited months for Brian Graham... because Heskey said no. Holt hasn't been much better.

Heisenberg
09-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Lennon has to win the next two games or he'll be under major pressure. Simply not been good enough for weeks now. The Irn Bru cup isn't a priority and I'm not overly bothered we're out but it's still worrying to have lost at home with a strong team out, having gone a goal ahead AGAIN, against a team who hasn't won a league game all season.

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Its still not time for bed wetting, but I can feel the old bladder starting to fill up :confused:

At the start of the season I was pretty impressed by what I was seeing. In all of the home friendlies and against Brondby the attitude was great and Hibs actually played some pretty good football, not to mention a very good performance away in Copenhagen and giving Shrewsbury a hammering ..... The interesting thing is that for a number of reasons all of the teams we played had a go at us ...... teams like Birmingham City and Brondby for example weren't going to look at a game against a Scottish Championship side as a backs to the wall affair.

Its been proved time and again in the last 2 and a bit seasons that we are at our best when we play teams who come out to take us on ....... the problem we have and have had since going down is that the teams in this league see us as a big club who will kill them if they play an open game and unfortunately for us we don't have the players capable of breaking down packed defences ...... the obvious comparison is with Celtic in the Premiership, but the honest truth is that they have much better players than us who are playing teams who with the odd exception are not a lot better than the likes of Falkirk and Raith Rovers for example.

From back to front Hibs dominate games just about every time we step onto the park, but we don't have the skill and guile required to turn that dominance into goals. Its not so much that we are not good enough overall, in an open game we would beat any team in this league just about every time, the problem is that when teams who play us go to Queen of the South or even Dundee Utd they are more likely to fancy it a bit and play a slightly more open game than they do against Hibs.

That's our biggest problem, its not so much that our nearest rivals are better than us, its that by and large they don't face the problems we do and that is why I saw Neil Lennon as the very manager to solve the problem, who more than he has the experience to overcome a conundrum Celtic have faced for decades. Unfortunately up to now he hasn't been doing that and for me it isn't good enough.

As for yesterday, we were pretty average and it was like groundhog day from seasons gone by with us dominating the game but failing to test Langfield anything like enough and this with something approaching our strongest team. If Shinnie was poor in the Dundee Utd game he was abysmal yesterday and for a player of his alleged quality it was simply not good enough, he couldn't even control the ball and I can rapidly see him becoming the new target for the boo boys if he doesn't up his game. For the second game in a row Forster found himself with a great chance to score right at the end and blew it ... he's not a striker, but he should have done better.

Ye gods, this could run to two pages ....... Suffice to say I agree with others on here that the team spirit Stubbs put in place appears to be diminishing rapidly and I for one am not going to start moaning about the team as a whole at this stage, I expect a manager with the experience of Neil Lennon and especially one with experience of exactly the situation we face to be getting results .... he needs to keep criticism of the team and players to a minimum, refuse to talk about Celtic from now on and start doing the job Hibs probably bust the bank to pay him to do.

HFCdeb
09-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Its still not time for bed wetting, but I can feel the old bladder starting to fill up :confused:

At the start of the season I was pretty impressed by what I was seeing. In all of the home friendlies and against Brondby the attitude was great and Hibs actually played some pretty good football, not to mention a very good performance away in Copenhagen and giving Shrewsbury a hammering ..... The interesting thing is that for a number of reasons all of the teams we played had a go at us ...... teams like Birmingham City and Brondby for example weren't going to look at a game against a Scottish Championship side as a backs to the wall affair.

Its been proved time and again in the last 2 and a bit seasons that we are at our best when we play teams who come out to take us on ....... the problem we have and have had since going down is that the teams in this league see us as a big club who will kill them if they play an open game and unfortunately for us we don't have the players capable of breaking down packed defences ...... the obvious comparison is with Celtic in the Premiership, but the honest truth is that they have much better players than us who are playing teams who with the odd exception are not a lot better than the likes of Falkirk and Raith Rovers for example.

From back to front Hibs dominate games just about every time we step onto the park, but we don't have the skill and guile required to turn that dominance into goals. Its not so much that we are not good enough overall, in an open game we would beat any team in this league just about every time, the problem is that when teams who play us go to Queen of the South or even Dundee Utd they are more likely to fancy it a bit and play a slightly more open game than they do against Hibs.

That's our biggest problem, its not so much that our nearest rivals are better than us, its that by and large they don't face the problems we do and that is why I saw Neil Lennon as the very manager to solve the problem, who more than he has the experience to overcome a conundrum Celtic have faced for decades. Unfortunately up to now he hasn't been doing that and for me it isn't good enough.

As for yesterday, we were pretty average and it was like groundhog day from seasons gone by with us dominating the game but failing to test Langfield anything like enough and this with something approaching our strongest team. If Shinnie was poor in the Dundee Utd game he was abysmal yesterday and for a player of his alleged quality it was simply not good enough, he couldn't even control the ball and I can rapidly see him becoming the new target for the boo boys if he doesn't up his game. For the second game in a row Forster found himself with a great chance to score right at the end and blew it ... he's not a striker, but he should have done better.

Ye gods, this could run to two pages ....... Suffice to say I agree with others on here that the team spirit Stubbs put in place appears to be diminishing rapidly and I for one am not going to start moaning about the team as a whole at this stage, I expect a manager with the experience of Neil Lennon and especially one with experience of exactly the situation we face to be getting results .... he needs to keep criticism of the team and players to a minimum, refuse to talk about Celtic from now on and start doing the job Hibs probably bust the bank to pay him to do.

Every word of this.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM

Good post.

I wonder if we need to try and set-up to have less of the ball, particuarly away from home, and try amd counter.

I know we dont have great pace, but mcginn, mcgeouch and boyle can all travel quickly with the ball. I think we have too much posession at times.

emerald green
09-10-2016, 10:31 AM
People saying it's new blood in January - do we trust Neil Lennon with recruitment. A summer where he specifically identified strikers as priority we waited months for Brian Graham... because Heskey said no. Holt hasn't been much better.

The bit in bold. If so, then it smacks of sheer desperation with the season only 8 league matches played.

The January transfer window is also notoriously difficult to get any decent quality players in. I'm fairly sure I read Alan Stubbs saying something along these lines during his spell in charge at ER.

The fact of the matter is that unless the club is prepared to spend big (which I doubt, because the money simply might not be there, although I'm not privy to the finances at ER - just my guess) on players wages it will be hard to recruit the quality players needed to ensure Hibs win the Championship this season.

These sorts of players are also unlikely to be attracted to playing in the second tier of Scottish football. There's better wages available elsewhere.

By all means try to recruit where needed in January, but don't expect miracles. Any new players will need time to bed in too. By then, we are at the business end of the season. That's too late.

Lennon said he was happy with his squad. He needs to get the players currently at his disposal winning matches now.

Heisenberg
09-10-2016, 10:38 AM
The bit in bold. If so, then it smacks of sheer desperation with the season is only 8 league matches played.

The January transfer window is also notoriously difficult to get any decent quality players in. I'm fairly sure I read Alan Stubbs saying something along these lines during his spell in charge at ER.

The fact of the matter is that unless the club is prepared to spend big (which I doubt, because the money simply might not be there, although I'm not privy to the finances at ER - just my guess) on players wages it will be hard to recruit the quality players needed to ensure Hibs win the Championship this season.

These sorts of players are also unlikely to be attracted to playing in the second tier of Scottish football. There's better wages available elsewhere.

By all means try to recruit where needed in January, but don't expect miracles. Any new players will need time to bed in too. By then, we are at the business end of the season. That's too late.

Lennon said he was happy with his squad. He needs to get the players currently at his disposal winning matches now.

We have a squad better than anything else in this league. There's no doubt we should be clear at the top already but we aren't. Lennon has to come up with answers quickly, not winning against Raith and Dunfermline would be a disaster.

Hermit Crab
09-10-2016, 10:47 AM
That was horrendous yesterday! Just boring and eye bleeding football. That team would not have looked out of place at the gyle pitches this morning. No ideas, no invention, no clinical finishing, no tact and no determination. Playing out from the back has cost us again. We've taken the lead in 4 games that we've went on to lose and that is unacceptable. Lennon has no idea what his best team and formation is. St Mirren actually looked half decent in the first half yesterday and didn't deserve to be 1-1 at half time, they deserved to be leading.

For the 4000 or so that bothered to turn up it was just awful and it was that bad that a boy down from me actually spent most of the game watching the racing on his phone!!

Cod Boy
09-10-2016, 11:04 AM
That was horrendous yesterday! Just boring and eye bleeding football. That team would not have looked out of place at the gyle pitches this morning. No ideas, no invention, no clinical finishing, no tact and no determination. Playing out from the back has cost us again. We've taken the lead in 4 games that we've went on to lose and that is unacceptable. Lennon has no idea what his best team and formation is. St Mirren actually looked half decent in the first half yesterday and didn't deserve to be 1-1 at half time, they deserved to be leading.

For the 4000 or so that bothered to turn up it was just awful and it was that bad that a boy down from me actually spent most of the game watching the racing on his phone!!

You are doing a disservice to the boys who play at the gyle.

emerald green
09-10-2016, 11:11 AM
We have a squad better than anything else in this league. There's no doubt we should be clear at the top already but we aren't. Lennon has to come up with answers quickly, not winning against Raith and Dunfermline would be a disaster.

The bit in bold. If we do mate it's time, starting next Saturday, they started showing it.

I've got a horrible feeling that something is not right at the moment behind the scenes at ER. I could be totally wrong, but it's the only thing I can think of to explain several awful, insipid, and frankly useless recent performances.

Real Emerald
09-10-2016, 11:12 AM

All the good feeling of the cup win and 11k season ticket sales could be pissed in the wind if this continues. We had a great opportunity to grow the club but we seem to be on the brink of disaster. Lennon has to stop this rot now, defeats in the next two games is unthinkable. Trouble is we don't look like we're capable of beating anyone at the moment. What's happened?

ancient hibee
09-10-2016, 12:57 PM
1. We're easy to defend against because opponents don't expect anyone in midfield to get into the box and score.

2. Nobody in the team seems able to control a game.Nobody is our main player.

3. Many of them can't handle the expectation of being favourites to win a game.

4. Suspect that the dressing room is unhappy because Lennon is demanding 100% performances all the time and some are happy to be mediocre while earning a living.

Heisenberg
09-10-2016, 01:01 PM
The bit in bold. If we do mate it's time, starting next Saturday, they started showing it.

I've got a horrible feeling that something is not right at the moment behind the scenes at ER. I could be totally wrong, but it's the only thing I can think of to explain several awful, insipid, and frankly useless recent performances.

Very true. They are capable of being brilliant on their day but it doesn't happen very often. You are right though, something does just seem to be a bit off at the moment.

exeterhibby
09-10-2016, 01:09 PM

:top marks

Captain Trips
09-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Its not a kick up the arse they need its a damn good thrashing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2016, 07:28 PM

Good shot stopper though if the posters outside churches are to be believed.

ian omand
09-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Good shot stopper though if the posters outside churches are to be believed.

Yes, but Gray nets the rebound.