PDA

View Full Version : Irn bru we are out

familyman
08-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Girders are made of Iron or Steel we are not
shocker yet again!

lyonhibs
08-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Grim result but in the context of a season where we must get promoted, the removal of this distraction could be a blessing in disguise come February/March time

Carheenlea
08-10-2016, 06:19 PM
The only thing more embarrassing than winning The Irn Bru Cup is not winning The Irn Bru Cup.

Golden Bear
08-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Grim result but in the context of a season where we must get promoted, the removal of this distraction could be a blessing in disguise come February/March time

Falkirk's fans will be saying the same. If winning the Trophy meant additional income to the Club then that alone should have motivated the players.

Waxy
08-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Now we'll save ourselves maybe three more tough matches that would have been quite meaningless.Phenomenal.

Pete
08-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Once it's all died down, people will realise that being out of the irn bru cup eliminates the fear of being knocked out the irn bru cup.

BigT-Hibeez
08-10-2016, 07:27 PM
girders are made of iron or steel we are not
shocker yet again!

m i n c e ! !

Nutmegged
09-10-2016, 05:20 AM
The only thing more embarrassing than winning The Irn Bru Cup is not winning The Irn Bru Cup.

Spot on

Keith_M
09-10-2016, 06:10 AM
Who wants to win a trophy decked in orange and blue ribbons anyway.

MacGruber
09-10-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm glad we are out the irn but cup.
Never wanted to be in it.
Bigger picture is though we are headed backwards at an alarming rate. The players aren't playing for Lennon in a way reminiscent to the Butcher era. That apart, the team selections have been suspect, tactics rubbish and no game plan whatsoever.
I know this gets shot down for bedwetting but it's all playing out infront of us. Too early? Well let's just say I've already lost the feeling of excitement about going to watch hibs knowing it's trudged one dimensional obvious blunt football now under Lennon and we are now likely to lose matches against anyone.

emerald green
09-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Knocked out of the League Cup by QOS, at home, after being a goal in front.

Knocked out of the "diddy cup" by St Mirren, at home, after being a goal in front.

As holders, I really hope Hibs don't relinquish their hold on the Scottish Cup so easily, and in such a dismal fashion as the above.

Having won the Scottish Cup last season, you would have thought Hibs would be really up for more cup success. It's just another factor that makes going out of two cup competitions so early such a disappointment, and so difficult to understand.

Eyrie
09-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Who wants to win a trophy decked in orange and blue ribbons anyway.

We managed it on 21 May :wink: