PDA

View Full Version : I wanted that set up to work...

California-Hibs
08-10-2016, 03:50 PM
I really did, but unfortunately it just didn't! Fair play to Lennon for trying to shake things up and play with the wingers. I actually thought Harris done alright, Boyle however - invisible.

4 games in a row winless, that's not acceptable. I just don't know what it is because you look at that team on paper and it appears far too strong to get beat. As the old saying goes though 'it ain't played on paper'.

Very disappointing.

Unseen work
08-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Plays wingers with pace for a change, however hs keatings on his own up top?

Surely that's when you need holt or graham for meetings the crosses.

Until someone else starts scoring Cummings shouldn't be dropped

High-On-Hibs
08-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I often find myself thinking that players come to hibs with the idea that it's a free money opportunity. We never get 100% out of any player, ever. :confused:

truehibernian
08-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Liam Henderson is a huge miss at the club - not simply because of his football talent but also his tangible and very visible desire to win and play for Hibs. It connects team to fans - we've lost that 'young amigos' atmosphere.

The absolute 'connect' between fans and team is starting to fray at the edges and needs sorted out for me.

Maybe players are not used to a manager who doesn't accept mediocrity and going into their shell - some need to be braver and really step up to the plate.

Pretty Boy
08-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Liam Henderson is a huge miss at the club - not simply because of his football talent but also his tangible and very visible desire to win and play for Hibs. It connects team to fans - we've lost that 'young amigos' atmosphere.

The absolute 'connect' between fans and team is starting to fray at the edges and needs sorted out for me.

Maybe players are not used to a manager who doesn't accept mediocrity and going into their shell - some need to be braver and really step up to the plate.

As a squad we are just weaker than last year, that's indisputable imo.

Stokes and Malonga replaced by Holt and Graham
Henderson replaced by Shinnie
The only arguable improvement is Marciano for Oxley.

The dsiconnect exists because we have poorer players playing poorer football and worryingly starting to produce poorer results.

number9dream
08-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Regarding formation... Lennon on the radio saying we scored when we went to a diamond.

"wingers don't work, so it's back to drawing board," he added. He was raging at the slow play and fannying about at the back.

Boyle is nowhere near good enough to be a starter. Hopefully, Hanlon will be back in the middle next week.

Libby Hibby
08-10-2016, 04:24 PM
We won the cup with 3 at the back...we played great v Brondby away with 3 at the back...why not just play that and stick to it?

familyman
08-10-2016, 04:25 PM
I really did, but unfortunately it just didn't! Fair play to Lennon for trying to shake things up and play with the wingers. I actually thought Harris done alright, Boyle however - invisible.

4 games in a row winless, that's not acceptable. I just don't know what it is because you look at that team on paper and it appears far too strong to get beat. As the old saying goes though 'it ain't played on paper'.

Very disappointing.
I was impressed by Neil's honesty...still bewildered why Hanlon is at left back after last week..but never the less he has right to expect far more from the team he selected today no doubt about that, and he is still weighing up Harris etc I guess.
John Collins set up personal targets for players and it seems certain individuals are letting this team and us badly down......he needs to look at each and everyone of them ..The form just now is alarming, yes it is early doors,but we are now out of 2 cup competitions, not won for 4 games ,lost the lead more than once..all signs of a lack of self belief I suggest...We are hardly romping away as some ex layers seemed to think we would.
You can rehearse all you like but once you cross that line it is up to each and everyone of them to show what they can do and do it to their very best EACH AND EVERY GAME...if we are to be champions...
Crowds are well up in the expectation we will win this league, but we cannot hang around much longer throwing away chance after chance after chance..the only shooting we seem good at is shooting ourselves in the foot!! Two away games we need to win both and win well.:flag:

familyman
08-10-2016, 04:29 PM
I often find myself thinking that players come to hibs with the idea that it's a free money opportunity. We never get 100% out of any player, ever. :confused:
They often say Edinburgh is a nice place to stay ,and the training camp great...how about saying It is my chance to show everyone what I can do! OH AND DO IT!

HFCdeb
08-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Plays wingers with pace for a change, however hs keatings on his own up top?

Surely that's when you need holt or graham for meetings the crosses.

Until someone else starts scoring Cummings shouldn't be dropped

Couldn't agree more. Keatings on his own was never going to produce a result.

High-On-Hibs
08-10-2016, 04:35 PM
They often say Edinburgh is a nice place to stay ,and the training camp great...how about saying It is my chance to show everyone what I can do! OH AND DO IT!

I'd rather they came out and said the training camp is a horrible place to be. Training shouldn't be pleasant. It should be blood, sweat and toil. If they see it as a "nice" place to be, then there's something wrong.

danhibees1875
08-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Taking in too many players who see hibs as their pinnacle? I know it's annoying to see players want to leave, but unless you're a top top team that's the way of it. Henderson is probably a good example, I've no doubt he enjoyed his time at hibs but the boy seemed to give it his all every time - to try to break into the Celtic squad.

I'd like to see us try holt keatings and Cummings up top. Mcginn McGeoch and fyvie in behind them with Gray, hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson at the back. Is this something we've tried before? I don't remember it.

High-On-Hibs
08-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Taking in too many players who see hibs as their pinnacle? I know it's annoying to see players want to leave, but unless you're a top top team that's the way of it. Henderson is probably a good example, I've no doubt he enjoyed his time at hibs but the boy seemed to give it his all every time - to try to break into the Celtic squad.

You don't need to be at the pinnacle of your career to give 100% for the strip. A player may not have developed the skills yet that they will master with time. But they have to produce the best out of the skills they currently do have. I feel far more often than not, we just don't get that from the players we sign. I always feel they're prepared to give more for other clubs, whether its for the clubs they played for before they came here, or the clubs they move on to after they leave.

biotech
08-10-2016, 05:02 PM
Think the problem is twofold. Firstly, attitude - players lacking fight and confidence. Secondly, lack of professionalism - can't hold a lead, poor marking, unable to defend set piece, etc.

Until these points are sorted formation is meaningless

California-Hibs
08-10-2016, 05:14 PM

I'd like to see us try holt keatings and Cummings up top. Mcginn McGeoch and fyvie in behind them with Gray, hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson at the back. Is this something we've tried before? I don't remember it.

You could be on to something there. I'd have no problems giving that team a chance!

The Captain....
08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
As a squad we are just weaker than last year, that's indisputable imo.

Stokes and Malonga replaced by Holt and Graham
Henderson replaced by Shinnie
The only arguable improvement is Marciano for Oxley.

The dsiconnect exists because we have poorer players playing poorer football and worryingly starting to produce poorer results.

Other than Marciano and Shinnie (more by my memories of him and his home debut than current form) nobody could be close to being called improvements.

Our other other signings were diabolical..and have weakened us considerably. I just don't understand the Holt and Graham signings..neither complement our way of playing or offer enough of a goal threat.

We are a very average Championship team at the moment..and we lack any sort of Plan B..to be honest Plan A is piss poor as well. It's torture to watch us at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wookie70
08-10-2016, 05:27 PM
I was hoping two "wingers" would mean loads of width. Harris and Boyle won't have much chalk on their boots from the sidelines today. First time we play with two wide players and we take out players who can head the ball. I wasn't one blowing the trumpet for Lennon and I am seriously hoping he gets to grips with the job. In my view he ran a club destined to succeed and one destined to fail before Hibs. We are the fist club he has managed where the results can go either way and at the moment he looks and sounds a wee bit clueless to me. I can't help admire his honesty on the radio and as he is ex old firm he won't get torn a new one but his interviews make him sound like he has no plan or idea how to change things.

pacoluna
08-10-2016, 06:59 PM

Exactly

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-10-2016, 07:50 PM
I was hoping two "wingers" would mean loads of width. Harris and Boyle won't have much chalk on their boots from the sidelines today. First time we play with two wide players and we take out players who can head the ball. I wasn't one blowing the trumpet for Lennon and I am seriously hoping he gets to grips with the job. In my view he ran a club destined to succeed and one destined to fail before Hibs. We are the fist club he has managed where the results can go either way and at the moment he looks and sounds a wee bit clueless to me. I can't help admire his honesty on the radio and as he is ex old firm he won't get torn a new one but his interviews make him sound like he has no plan or idea how to change things.

:agree: Both were coming infield and we were just as narrow as usual. Frustrating

Paisley Hibby
09-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Other than Marciano and Shinnie (more by my memories of him and his home debut than current form) nobody could be close to being called improvements.

Our other other signings were diabolical..and have weakened us considerably. I just don't understand the Holt and Graham signings..neither complement our way of playing or offer enough of a goal threat.

We are a very average Championship team at the moment..and we lack any sort of Plan B..to be honest Plan A is piss poor as well. It's torture to watch us at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought Holt gave us a lot actually, including a bit of width at times. Don't understand why he's not playing.

scooby
09-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Yesterday's performance was one of the worst I've witnessed for a couple of years. We definitely seem to be going backwards and I can't see where our next win is going to come from. We have an inability to kill teams off and have never looked like winning recently when teams equalise.
Pretty piss poor tbh and eye bleeding to watch, our improved attendances will soon decline again if this continues.

eastcoasthibby
10-10-2016, 06:58 AM
:agree: Both were coming infield and we were just as narrow as usual. Frustrating

Playing both Boyle and Harris I don't think we can have , especially when Boyle isn't at natural wide player and see's himself as a striker ??!! I wish he would just get his head round that he can get a game almost every week if he decides to get on with it use his attributes, we have see him be able to take players on and be direct and he can do it, but for some reason he won't go out and do it anywhere near regularly enough...
AHarris even more hot and cold , both are a luxury in many ways as they are lightweight, don't defend well at all.
I think both are pretty similar and playing both in the same team isn't what we need or can afford.
I also belive we need Holt or Graham starting every game, they are a target person ...for Cumni vs or Keatings to play off.
Lennon also needs to decide on his best team and play it til they gel.

BSEJVT
10-10-2016, 07:32 AM
I found Saturday hugely worrying

The team was full of square pegs trying to fit into round holes

Boyle was awful, his only attribute so far as I can see is as an impact sub to run onto balls played beyond the last man in a tiring defence.

He has very little football in him.

Harris was poor also but at least looked capable of playing football, he is IMO never going to make it as he is absolutely terrified of physical contact.

Whilst I quite like Keatings, he was the worst choice of the 4 available strikers to play up front on his own in a team with 2 wingers.

Keatings is better coming from deeper running onto balls behind the first striker or through balls, rather than trying to muscle defenders out the way to get on the end of crosses.

The subs were totally baffling.

Shinnie off fine, he was terrible again, but the move then was to bring on Holt or Graham to play up front with Keatings. not to bring on 1 DM to have another try (and fail) to push forward and create

Boyle off fine, by again it should have been one of Holt or Graham to try and change the play.

Harris off fine, I had no problem with Cummings coming on, but it should have been after the above and resulted in Keatings dropping back into midfield.

As worrying as the team failing to fire is that individuals are performing way below their abilities. McGeouch looks a shadow of the player he can be

emerald green
11-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I see Dan Carmichael has re-signed for QOS.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south/dan-carmichael-re-signs-for-queen-of-the-south-after-hibs-exit-1-4255296

Michael
11-10-2016, 07:55 PM
I see Dan Carmichael has re-signed for QOS.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/queen-of-the-south/dan-carmichael-re-signs-for-queen-of-the-south-after-hibs-exit-1-4255296

He looked decent when fit. Good signing for them unfortunately!