PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 1-2 St Mirren (Harris)

Pages : 1 [2]

Swedish hibee
08-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Clearly you don't watch the games if you think that's our "usual" team.

There are many Snowy mountains in my way but who wasn't a regular in the team that isn't normally in the matchday squad?
It's not as if we played a bunch of under 20s is it..

Waxy
08-10-2016, 04:07 PM
I get a slight hint of jambo on this thread.

brog
It was 3.44 on my phone when they went up the tunnel

Ta, must have come through on TV almost instantaneously.

SteveHFC
Who really cares. It's the Irn-Bru Cup.

Hopefully we won't be playing in this joke of a competition again.

QMU-1875
08-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Agree, Lennon showing why he struggled at Bolton, it's easy managing a team with far superior resources like Celtic but when it comes to the nitty gritty then it's a whole new ball game. Doesn't seem to have a clue how to set the team up after 3-4 months.

We have far superior resources than all the other clubs at this level.

heretoday
Oh dear. Hibs are crap again.

green day
There are many Snowy mountains in my way but who wasn't a regular in the team that isn't normally in the matchday squad?
It's not as if we played a bunch of under 20s is it..
Forster, Boyle, Harris, Hanlon at LB, missing Stevenson, Cummings a sub.

That enough examples?

bigwheel

Not many care about the cup - people are worried about performance

Carheenlea
08-10-2016, 04:10 PM

A Hibs team featuring the players lining up today suggests we absolutely have to care about that result.

cabbageandribs1875
i have visions of us playing in the lowland league....and still some saying we will skoosh that league as well :greengrin

fishybeaver
Apart from Harris and Foster that was awful.

Shinnie should be sent back to Birmingham, he is that bad.
Agree, they were the few positives today

stoneyburn hibs
08-10-2016, 04:11 PM

:agree:
There's a lot of panic buttons being hit as well, far to early for that.

mcfly
08-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Agree, they were the few positives today

Your user name is the funniest thing in this thread 😂😂

oconnors_strip
08-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Brian McLaughlin asks Lennon is there a mental problem with the team and he says yes. How does he fix it?

Del Boy
08-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Unless Lennon turns this round very quickly he's going to lose the majority of fans. He wasn't exactly well liked before he was appointed and it won't take much for fans to start calling for his head.

His signings have been awful

number9dream
Lennon on the radio expressing some self doubt - "Maybe I'm on top of them too much"

"insipid, tentative, slow with the ball"
"wingers don't work - need to go back to the drawing board"
"we're creating our own problems"

That project was short-lived then...

Fifehibby74
Not many care about the cup - people are worried about performance

Exactly this game should have given us a confidence boost ahead of next week. Now we are going into a tough game away from home just been beaten by a manager less team at the bottom of the league.

Something not right at the club just now.

green day
08-10-2016, 04:14 PM

Not sure if they are Jambo's, but it's the same ones who came out the woodwork last march/April.

They were all quiet after 21st may though...

We are on a pish run, but so far still one off the top of the league.

I'm not happy with the last few weeks, but it's not quite "butcheresque" as some say.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Who was in charge of St Mirren today? I heard their new boss wasn't starting until Monday.

Personally, I'm tired of reading / hearing all the excuses for terrible performances from Hibs. Can't take enough chances, can't make enough clear cut chances, can't defend corners or hoofs into our penalty box, piss poor passing and movement off the ball.

I keep hearing "could have", "should have", bla bla bla. But it isn't happening.

How many 1-0 leads is that already this season they've been unable to defend without conceding?

Spike Mandela
08-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Lennon came in late to the job, misjudged the quality lacking in the squad, signed limited bodies who weren't an improvement on what we had and subsequently we have a very, very mediocre team.

Not sure what the answer is from here on in.Have to just keep plugging away and hope something clicks or hang on in there till January and improve the team. Lennon really has to justify the faith put in him by many and quickly.

blackpoolhibs
4 years ago people were worried, we were told not to. 3 years ago the same and again 2 years ago. Last year while never looking like going up we managed to win that cup, and this season was going to be the season we had no reason to worry.

Well unless i'm mistaken, the very same things are happening that was worrying us years ago, except these days its in the Championship.

The club have taken all the plaudits for the cup win, but FFS we are a Championship team these days, and a not very good one at that.

High-On-Hibs
Couldn't care less about this cup. But the players bloody well should.

green day
08-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Brian McLaughlin asks Lennon is there a mental problem with the team and he says yes. How does he fix it?

McLaughlin is a fat jambo radge who never pipes up when we win.

Big_Franck
08-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Blessing in disguise I reckon. Three points next week will hopefully take us back to the top of the league and we can kick on from there.

Hibee87
08-10-2016, 04:18 PM
The lack of movement from the players up top was terrible.
Fyvie and dylan both sitting so deep does not work. I'd have preffered to see a straight 4 4 2 with Holt or Graham up top.
Shinnie was terrible, his second touch wasn't even a tackle he was hitting that far away.
Can't pass much of the team to be honest.

Gollum had a mare, but think he might have got the offside right. From where I sat it looked the ref put his flag up when the boy was chasing it in at the back post but as he didn't touch it wasn't offside. I could be wrong and if I am the. Both there goals shouldn't have stood.

We are in big trouble if we don't get a result next week.

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2016, 04:19 PM
QF teams

Ayr united
Dundee united
Livingston
Alloa
Dunfermline
The New Saints(whoever)
st.mirren

sunday
Q.o.s v Linfield

Captain Trips
08-10-2016, 04:19 PM
The fact that it's the Challenge Cup is irrelevant.

We've been crap for weeks now and the results and lack of goals is worrying.

If it doesn't get sorted soon we could easily find ourselves well down the league table.

Correct, this match was very important for us to get in a performance and some form. I wouldn't be bothered if we were playing well to treat tjis match as unimportant however it was important.

Poor stuff.

Highland_Hibee
08-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Blessing in disguise I reckon. Three points next week will hopefully take us back to the top of the league and we can kick on from there.

I hope you are right but I don't think it is. We need a positive performance and we need it fast. Like a shot of adrenaline. The players need a kick starter. If we can't comfortably beat the worst team in our division then we have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Couldn't care less about this cup. But the players bloody well should.

As said previously I don't think anyone really cares about the competition. I think most are concerned about the continuation of our recent poor performances and the inability of Lennon to find a solution. As you say the players should care as well.

I'll get grief for this but I've got serious misgivings. Lennon doesn't have a clue what his best team is, he hasn't found a formula that works and our squad is padded with, to put it bluntly, dross.

Hiber-nation
08-10-2016, 04:22 PM
McGregor and Forster at centre back is bonkers. Neither can pass a ball so we resort to long balls with Keatings/Cummings up front.

Can't quite believe how bad Shinnie was, he really looked the part in his first couple of games as well.

This needs sorted quick.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Not sure if they are Jambo's, but it's the same ones who came out the woodwork last march/April.

They were all quiet after 21st may though...

We are on a pish run, but so far still one off the top of the league.

I'm not happy with the last few weeks, but it's not quite "butcheresque" as some say.

What was your view on Butcher at the time,as things reached their logical conclusion? My recollection is that anyone expressing any doubt in his ability to keep us in the league faced the same ridicule that those critical of the latest debacle face.

H18 SFR
08-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Two very tough away games over the next fortnight. Dire, I honestly think we will be doing well to avoid defeat in both judging by how poor we are playing.

This season is turning into an absolute shambles. The quality and commitment on the park is no where near the quality the fans are bringing to the table.

It's an absolute shambles.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2016, 04:26 PM
We are struggling. That was poor and entirely predictable.

neil7908
08-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Still have faith in Lennon but it worries my that he doesn't seem to know what his best XI is. We have a very worrying habit of losing cheap goals and not scoring many. Teams don't win leagues with that kind of form.

I'm most worried about how we fix it with our current squad. Who do we change? Who's coming in that will improve us? January is along way away.

High-On-Hibs
08-10-2016, 04:31 PM
As said previously I don't think anyone really cares about the competition. I think most are concerned about the continuation of our recent poor performances and the inability of Lennon to find a solution. As you say the players should care as well.

I'll get grief for this but I've got serious misgivings. Lennon doesn't have a clue what his best team is, he hasn't found a formula that works and our squad is padded with, to put it bluntly, dross.

It's always the same old story though, isn't it? It doesn't seem to matter who we bring in, it's always the same script. Even although we won the cup under Stubbs, we still looked pretty poor for the most part of that season and should have been much closer to the title than we were. As for the previous 4-5 managers.... well you know yourself. It always seems to be the wrong person, even if they've done well elsewhere. Same applies to players. There just seems to be something about us that prevents managers and players from performing as well as they are capable of. A frustrating issue that never seems to have a solution.

green day
08-10-2016, 04:33 PM
What was your view on Butcher at the time,as things reached their logical conclusion? My recollection is that anyone expressing any doubt in his ability to keep us in the league faced the same ridicule that those critical of the latest debacle face.
Not quite the same thing, I'd it?

We needed one point to save us then.
Currently we are one point off the automatic promotion place.

We are crap just now, I don't think that will last.

Onion
08-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Glad I didn't go and thankful this is the Irn Bru Cup and is a cheap reminder to Lennon about the task he has in front of him. Our home record is shocking, our defensive lapses are shocking and our goal scoring abilities are shocking. Lennon needs to stop the bleeding and get us back on track to skoosh this league.

J-C
08-10-2016, 04:36 PM
What rumours?

One or two guys posted last week that Lennon wasn't liked by some players, you know the usual.

staunchhibby
08-10-2016, 04:38 PM
The defence was shocking at 2nd goal.Marciano should have put that ball up the park and not piss farted about.Do not blame Lennon for going ballistic at them.Schoolboy stuff.

MWHIBBIES
08-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Just kidding Rotherham, can we have him back now? Hello?...guys?

H18 SFR
08-10-2016, 04:41 PM
One or two guys posted last week that Lennon wasn't liked by some players, you know the usual.

You mean like typical over paid, lower rate footballers who are very lucky to be at a club like Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2016, 04:42 PM
from the games i've watched this season i'd rather watch a stubbs team than a lennon one

silverhibee
08-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Washing machine full to the brim with duvet pillow cases and fitted sheets.

Pish.

RIP
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM

He has absolutely no idea how to fix it. Collins, Hughes, Mixu, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs couldn't fix it either.

The mental problem has been at the club since the start of the Petrie era. It's acceptance of failure.

CallumHibs07
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Lennon likes to talk about the 'mentality' problem we apparently have. How about he goes and f****** fixes it then instead of continually talking about it in the media? We didn't have a mentality problem when we won the cup last year.

High-On-Hibs
08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Pish.

A bugger to get out in the machine. :agree:

fishybeaver
08-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Harris best player on the park and possibly the best crosser subbed for a tall forward, strange in my book, I would have taken off the ineffectual Keatings off and given Harris a chance of providing Holt with some amo to work with.

brog
08-10-2016, 04:50 PM

I'm not a great fan of Lennon the tactician & I didn't join in the general roar of acclaim on his appointment. I was horrified when he tried to sign Heskey & not much happier when he signed Holt & Graham. Conversely & somewhat perversely I think we'll win the league because I think we'll be much stronger away from home this season. However, more home performances like this & we'll lose our crowds & our self belief. We need a big performance urgently!

Super_JMcGinn
08-10-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm not a great fan of Lennon the tactician & I didn't join in the general roar of acclaim on his appointment. I was horrified when he tried to sign Heskey & not much happier when he signed Holt & Graham. Conversely & somewhat perversely I think we'll win the league because I think we'll be much stronger away from home this season. However, more home performances like this & we'll lose our crowds & our self belief. We need a big performance urgently!
I didn't want Lennon as our manager either, but even he cannot fail to win this league with the squad we have. All he has to do is sort out our shambolic defence, the rest of the team will sort itself out.

green day
08-10-2016, 05:04 PM
He has absolutely no idea how to fix it. Collins, Hughes, Mixu, Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs couldn't fix it either.

The mental problem has been at the club since the start of the Petrie era. It's acceptance of failure.

I know, wonder when this loser club will win the Scottish Cup?

silverhibee
08-10-2016, 05:06 PM
A bugger to get out in the machine. :agree:

Rubber sheet is what BH needs. :greengrin

GreenCastle
08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Having watched the first few league games of the season we looked hungry, confident and playing with a purpose.

In the last few weeks - since Shinnie has arrived and Holt and Keatings dropping out the team (yes he was back in today) - we have really struggled.

At the start of the season we looked good and while we weren't battering teams we looked comfortable.

The last 4 games have been very worrying - today was depressing and far too predictable.

Ok Lennon changed the shape a few times during game but our style of play and decision making at times was poor.

The subs were also very odd - why did Bartley come on ? Why take the our best player off today Harris (scored a goal and looked dangerous).

The winning goal looked offside and the free kick debatable but St Mirren were crap and there for the taking.

Would have made more sense to put in some hungry younger players and give them a chance. Lennon doesn't know his best 11 or shape I feel which is worrying.

Things need to drastically change as we have pressed the self destruct button in last few weeks and heading back to old ways.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Rubber sheet is what BH needs. :greengrin

Decided to get a water bed, just top it up every other weekend. :wink:

emerald green
08-10-2016, 05:27 PM
We are in big trouble if we don't get a result next week.

Been hearing that for the last three seasons, especially the run of results that saw the club eventually relegated under Butcher. Now we're hearing it again for a fourth season.

The "feelgood factor" of the Scottish Cup win is rapidly disappearing. Almost record season ticket sales on the strength of that cup win, but we get this. There's something not right at ER.

Golden Bear
08-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Devoid of confidence and devoid of ideas would sum up a dismal performance this afternoon.

Back to square one, the euphoria of the Cup Final win has well and truly worn off.

:boo hoo:

Frogga
08-10-2016, 05:50 PM
There's no urgency, we're so slow with the ball. It's dire to watch. Shinnie is playing in the focal point of Lennon's formation but continually wastes opportunities. We don't look like we know what we're doing. McGeouch and Fyvie were both going deep and it leaves us with little going further forward. There's little movement and teams know that if they keep Cummings quiet then we're scuppered. I really don't know what Lennon has done to the team but this is painful to watch and teams are coming to ER, defending with relative ease and then hitting us with a sucker punch. I'm getting tired of it. If Lennon can't get this team winning against some of the teams in this league then he better start looking for another career. Just about every team (barring Dundee Utd 2nd half) we've played against this year have looked bloody awful and yet we have dropped so many points! Arghhhh.

hibee_girl
08-10-2016, 06:02 PM
There's no urgency, we're so slow with the ball. It's dire to watch. Shinnie is playing in the focal point of Lennon's formation but continually wastes opportunities. We don't look like we know what we're doing. McGeouch and Fyvie were both going deep and it leaves us with little going further forward. There's little movement and teams know that if they keep Cummings quiet then we're scuppered. I really don't know what Lennon has done to the team but this is painful to watch and teams are coming to ER, defending with relative ease and then hitting us with a sucker punch. I'm getting tired of it. If Lennon can't get this team winning against some of the teams in this league then he better start looking for another career. Just about every team (barring Dundee Utd 2nd half) we've played against this year have looked bloody awful and yet we have dropped so many points! Arghhhh.

That's what I don't understand, why are they so slow? As soon as any of them get the ball they stop and take a look round, it's so frustrating.

H18 SFR
08-10-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm beginning to think that perhaps the problem is simple. Some think they're better than they are and are literally waiting for it to happen rather that making it happen.

Golden Bear
08-10-2016, 06:17 PM
The Shinnie I saw today was not the same guy whom I witnessed on his home debut. He definitely struggled today but to replace him with Bartley when you're 2-1 down was a weird decision to say the least.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Hate to say it, but we look like an unhappy team, i would be willing to bet there is something wrong off the pitch. I have an ominous feeling about the lennon era watching amd listening to us play this season.

emerald green
08-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Hate to say it, but we look like an unhappy team, i would be willing to bet there is something wrong off the pitch. I have an ominous feeling about the lennon era watching amd listening to us play this season.

You could be right, and IF SO that's worrying. The performance level of the squad has been pretty poor for a while. John McGinn has been a shadow of his former self. Dylan McGeouch too. If Lennon loses the dressing room, Hibs won't win the Championship. It's players who get managers the sack. Just ask Jose Mourinho what happened to him at Chelsea for example.

Supporters will have a clearer idea after the next 2 or 3 games I would say.

21/05/2016 seems light years ago in some respects.

SteveHFC
09-10-2016, 12:35 AM

I have that feeling too. Something's not right and the last few games has shown it.

JimBHibees
10-10-2016, 11:04 AM
The Shinnie I saw today was not the same guy whom I witnessed on his home debut. He definitely struggled today but to replace him with Bartley when you're 2-1 down was a weird decision to say the least.

pretty sure it was level when he came on.