PDA

View Full Version : west stand

livy
08-10-2016, 12:20 PM
season ticket holder getting short of breath now is there a lift to the top level of the west stand ?

oneone73
08-10-2016, 12:23 PM
season ticket holder getting short of breath now is there a lift to the top level of the west stand ?

Yes

Framie
08-10-2016, 12:26 PM

All the stands except the east have lifts but you need to go in the main entrance

The Green Goblin
08-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Yes, ask the stewards to point it out. It takes you right to the top of the stand. :aok:

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 02:54 PM

You may need a line from your doctor to say you are unable to climb the stairs. You then give this to HFC, who will then issue you with a lift pass.

The Green Goblin
08-10-2016, 08:28 PM
You may need a line from your doctor to say you are unable to climb the stairs. You then give this to HFC, who will then issue you with a lift pass.

I really doubt he needs a doctor's line. It's not school. Do Hibs issue "lift passes"??! Even if they do, it's surely just common sense - I bust my knee pretty badly about three years ago and couldn't walk very well and certainly couldn't manage the stairs, so I used the lift at ER and there was no problem whatsoever. Just use it.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2016, 08:53 PM
I really doubt he needs a doctor's line. It's not school. Do Hibs issue "lift passes"??! Even if they do, it's surely just common sense - I bust my knee pretty badly about three years ago and couldn't walk very well and certainly couldn't manage the stairs, so I used the lift at ER and there was no problem whatsoever. Just use it.

Yes no need for doctors lines,permission slips or a note from your Mum. Just tell them you can't manage the stairs and you'll be able to use the lift.

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Yes no need for doctors lines,permission slips or a note from your Mum. Just tell them you can't manage the stairs and you'll be able to use the lift.

Sorry your wrong.
That's what my father had to do & others that sit around him. Upper FF.
But hey ho.
There is always someone on here that knows better.
Or thinks they do.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Sorry your wrong.
But hey ho.
Or thinks they do.

Hasn't been needed in the West as recent as last season so hey ho indeed. Whatever,can't see Hibs turning anyone away who says they need to use a lift.

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 09:25 PM

Yes they do issue lift passes.
Fair enough if you f@@k your leg & it's a one of thing.
That also happened 3 years ago. He has had a pass for 2 seasons so obviously things have changed since then.

The Green Goblin
08-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Yes they do issue lift passes.
Fair enough if you f@@k your leg & it's a one of thing.
That also happened 3 years ago. He has had a pass for 2 seasons so obviously things have changed since then.

My question about the lift pass was genuine (just so there's no misunderstanding). Has anyone ever checked his pass? I never saw anyone operating or managing the lift before. At that time, I used to go in just after 2pm though, and there was hardly anyone there in general.

Itsnoteasy
08-10-2016, 09:45 PM
My question about the lift pass was genuine (just so there's no misunderstanding). Has anyone ever checked his pass? I never saw anyone operating or managing the lift before. At that time, I used to go in just after 2pm though, and there was hardly anyone there in general.
Yes they do check it FF upper

oldbutdim
08-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I was on crutches for a few weeks a few years back.
Got to use the lift to FF Upper no prob.

Mind you, you'd have to be properly organised lazy to remember the crutches just to save the stairs.

hibby6270
08-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Mrs Hibby6270 uses the lift to get up to the West Upper all the time. Has done for years. My old man also used to use it. Neither of them ever have/had a lift pass, nor ever been asked to show one.

Itsnoteasy
09-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Hasn't been needed in the West as recent as last season so hey ho indeed. Whatever,can't see Hibs turning anyone away who says they need to use a lift.

http://www.hibs.net/images/attach/jpg.gif

Hey Ho. For all the doubters.
Blanked out my dads name but here is the pass issued by HFC on production of a line fi the doctor.

oconnors_strip
09-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Blanked out my dads name but here is the pass issued by HFC on production of a line fi the doctor.

Could it be that passes aren't required for the west stand unlike the FF stand?

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Very good but it still doesn't alter the fact that the lift in the West to reach the upper does not require one,which was the question of the OP.

Itsnoteasy
09-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Very good but it still doesn't alter the fact that the lift in the West to reach the upper does not require one,which was the question of the OP.

His original question was Is there a lift.
I was only stating a fact about a lift pass.
Then you get smart james hunts like yourself saying no you don't need a pass or a note fi your ma. I don't know protocol for lift in West stand. Just stating a fact.

A good Italian I know says you can have as many wives as you want. But only one football team

offshorehibby
09-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Off topic a bit but Mrs OS and myself have chosen Manchester Arena for 2 or 3 concerts recently. We've found a lift to the top tear that not a lot of people know about it helps the Mrs a great deal.

kevinc
09-10-2016, 10:04 PM

Yip, seem to be fairly well used, we are in the north part of the stand and they are just to the left of the turnstiles at the bottom of the stairs.

Greenheart
10-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Sorry your wrong.
But hey ho.
Or thinks they do.

My brother uses the lift in the west no one asks for any note and never have if you can't use the stairs you can use it. no permissions required.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2016, 08:47 AM
His original question was Is there a lift.
I was only stating a fact about a lift pass.
Then you get smart james hunts like yourself saying no you don't need a pass or a note fi your ma. I don't know protocol for lift in West stand. Just stating a fact.

A good Italian I know says you can have as many wives as you want. But only one football team

A good Scouser I know says when someone resorts to name calling you know they have lost the argument. :aok: