PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Romanov

emerald green
07-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Saw this, and thought I'd post it since it's a good laugh. Mad Vlad right enough.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/five-of-vladimir-romanov-s-strangest-moments-1-4250843

greenpaper55
07-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Old Vlad, i miss the fun of those days, I wonder if the Lithuanian pensioners ever caught up with him ?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-10-2016, 04:48 PM
All we hear is [clap-clap]
Vladimir ga-ga...

LancsHibs
07-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Must admit I actually miss Mad Vlad he was pure comedy gold:rotflmao: Remember when the yambos thought they were the dogs dangleys and they thought they were seriously going to join Europes elite, we tried to tell them Vlads pink empire was built on sand but they refused to even acknowledge the possibility until it actually came crashing down:greengrin Flumps!

Thecat23
07-10-2016, 05:08 PM
The footage of when he arrived is still the best cringe fest ever seen in football. The boy with the chicks hair do was comedy gold in itself.

Just Jimmy
07-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Rima had sticks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
07-10-2016, 05:25 PM
He reminded us how gullible and up their own erse they are and for sucking them in with the megasuperhotel stadium, champions league and share issue crap I will forever have a wee smile when his name comes up.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
07-10-2016, 05:34 PM
The footage of when he arrived is still the best cringe fest ever seen in football. The boy with the chicks hair do was comedy gold in itself.

The bowing in front of ''Mr'' Romanov was one of many highlights :lolyam:

As for the article, Vlad demanding to be included as a 60 year old substitute for their friendly with Barcelona is a new one for me - a classic, and classic Vlad! You have to give him credit for that one.

Broken Gnome
07-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Punching Roman Bednar.

Pete
07-10-2016, 05:46 PM
If he was in charge of hibs I wouldn't have returned after #4 until the whole board were gone.

You can put it down to an error of judgement if it happened once but he also defended another sex offender on a previous occasion.

Romanov was right about lots of things but his trivialisation of very serious offences is his legacy as far as I'm concerned. They can keep their 4-0s and 5-1s

blaikie
07-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Number 5 ........ Wow

givescotlandfreedom
07-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Some of the stuff he had going was wonderful. The pyjama man, the magic box, Rima and her golden stick for starters.

givescotlandfreedom
07-10-2016, 05:56 PM
If he was in charge of hibs I wouldn't have returned after #4 until the whole board were gone.

You can put it down to an error of judgement if it happened once but he also defended another sex offender on a previous occasion.

Romanov was right about lots of things but his trivialisation of very serious offences is his legacy as far as I'm concerned. They can keep their 4-0s and 5-1s

Jumbo Jim defended him in press conferences too. At least three of their players stood up to him previously, JJ was spineless enough to go along with it.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2016, 06:05 PM

Yep, that's why we're hibbies and they are yams.

Pretty Boy
07-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Sadly that video seems to have disappeared, I was looking for it the other day but no luck.

Pete
07-10-2016, 06:20 PM
Yep, that's why we're hibbies and they are yams.

I suppose it's easy to say that I wouldn't go back or that they should have hounded him out but what do you do if it's your club? I know hearts fans who were disgusted but grudgingly went along as it's their club and they didn't want reduced attendances to have an effect on the field.

Either way, all their victories over that period are somewhat tainted IMO and not just because of the financial irregularities.

emerald green
07-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Romanov insisting Burley attend a drying out facility in Lithuania. Then hiring Graham Rix as Burley's successor. :crazy:

Carheenlea
07-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Sadly that video seems to have disappeared, I was looking for it the other day but no luck.

Ditto - it had a title like 'Vlad meets the plums' or something similar, but the search engine draws a blank.

greenginger
07-10-2016, 06:47 PM
I so wish Vlad would write his memoirs , with full accounts of all his dirty deeds both here and Lithuania.

Could be a best seller , a blockbuster film even.

Come on Vlad where there's muck there's money.

Iggy Pope
07-10-2016, 07:09 PM
The fat sparryheid kicking his Russian hat whilst raging along McLeod Street.

Jim44
07-10-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm a bit taken aback at the levity and joviality of some of the posts here. As far as I'm concerned, he is a dispicable charlatan who will never be taken to task for his criminal activities in Edinburgh. I'd like to think he is festering away on some archipelago in Siberia. :cb

Argylehibby
07-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Can you imagine the media reaction here if it was Romanov making the comments that came out of Ibrox post cup final? I bet they wouldn't have been so quiet and non challenging if it was him talking about the jambo's going on to protect their players.

greenginger
07-10-2016, 07:25 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14637899.From_saviour_to_super_villain__The_rise_a nd_fall_of_Vladimir_Romanov/

They are still trying to extradite him but it looks like he is still living the good life for now.

eastmainsmsh
07-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Just making an arse of the yams from the word go hero 😉🍺

Bostonhibby
07-10-2016, 07:28 PM
I suppose it's easy to say that I wouldn't go back or that they should have hounded him out but what do you do if it's your club? I know hearts fans who were disgusted but grudgingly went along as it's their club and they didn't want reduced attendances to have an effect on the field.

Either way, all their victories over that period are somewhat tainted IMO and not just because of the financial irregularities.
Sorry but the yams you refer to were conspicuous by their silence except for the odd badly timed hat kicker. The rest were revelling in how far they thought they were told they were leaving the rest of the world behind.

Skip forward to now, without ignoring the utter humiliation of having to publish your own creditors list. I know where I'd rather be today even if budgie is building a one tier stand before they get close to having one share in their club buying it at 12 times uk interest rates

#FromTheCapital
07-10-2016, 07:55 PM

Desperate Dan who used to post on here had it on file I'm sure. If I could be arsed I'd search through some of the hearts threads from a few years back and I'm sure it would be there.

Pete
07-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Sorry but the yams you refer to were conspicuous by their silence except for the odd badly timed hat kicker. The rest were revelling in how far they thought they were told they were leaving the rest of the world behind.

This is where a lot of fans, especially those who accuse hearts fans themselves of being paedos etc...are missing the point.

It's not about Thomson, his allegiances or his crimes, it is indeed about the collective inaction of their support towards their board. A board who either placed success before morals or, more seriously, had a casual attitude towards child sex crimes.

We all know how they feel about heinous crimes but all that needs to be asked is "what did you actually do?".

Bostonhibby
07-10-2016, 09:03 PM
This is where a lot of fans, especially those who accuse hearts fans themselves of being paedos etc...are missing the point.

It's not about Thomson, his allegiances or his crimes, it is indeed about the collective inaction of their support towards their board. A board who either placed success before morals or, more seriously, had a casual attitude towards child sex crimes.

We all know how they feel about heinous crimes but all that needs to be asked is "what did you actually do?".
Never even thought about the paedo angle here though their attitude to the employees convicted of related offences is self evident.

Eyrie
07-10-2016, 09:18 PM
I note the article's attempt to re-write history by omitting the fact that the Hearts support gave him their unequivocal adulation throughout his time in charge. They are every bit as guilty as Romanov, and unlike him didn't even get any cash to show for it.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I note the article's attempt to re-write history by omitting the fact that the Hearts support gave him their unequivocal adulation throughout his time in charge. They are every bit as guilty as Romanov, and unlike him didn't even get any cash to show for it.
[emoji106]
Lest they forget

07-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Given they are such a humongous famous club, I still find it incredible no journalist has taken the time to investigate the blatant money laundering that was going on hertz during romanovs time. Comically blatant and up there with anything der Hun have pulled in recent years.

After Davey grays golden napper, the mere suggestion that our cup win didn't cost £50m in stolen money seems to rankle. What a loathsome little club.

Eyrie
07-10-2016, 09:21 PM
[emoji106]
Lest they forget

Very appropriate :not worth

Pete
07-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Never even thought about the paedo angle here though their attitude to the employees convicted of related offences is self evident.

Indeed, and I think that those who shout Thomson related obscenities at derbies are letting them off with the real issue.

Their more bigoted element have some nerve when they sing "big jock knew".

Thecat23
07-10-2016, 10:46 PM

Same here. Gutted it's no longer kicking about!

majorhibs
07-10-2016, 11:36 PM
The fat sparryheid kicking his Russian hat whilst raging along McLeod Street.

Them. All. In denial now tho. Borin even saying typical.