PDA

View Full Version : Cup top up

hfcnic
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Anyone else missing this? I am not paying for the cup games when I used to be able to pay upfront for them. Would anyone else like to see this brought back?

CallumLaidlaw
05-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Anyone else missing this? I am not paying for the cup games when I used to be able to pay upfront for them. Would anyone else like to see this brought back?

It was scrapped because of the new league cup format (before we knew we'd be in Europe). I've done well out of it in the last couple of seasons, but it certainly won't stopped me attending league cup and Scottish cup games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco G
05-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Not really easy to offer cup top up with new LC setup. But season ticket holders do get a discount on cup games they attend, so overall I think its fair enough.

hfcnic
05-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Not really easy to offer cup top up with new LC setup. But season ticket holders do get a discount on cup games they attend, so overall I think its fair enough.

Yeah, I probably will of course go to cup games but I just find that its another expense to try and fork out for, just preferred paying upfront. Even if it was a bit more expensive than the £50 or whatever it was before.

Jack
05-10-2016, 12:58 PM
How strange!

Missing Hibs in cup competitions, including the defence of the Scottish Cup, because what used to be a wee gamble is now a straight forward ticket purchase with a discount for season ticket holders.

Must be one of the weirdest excuses I've heard for not going.

hfcnic
05-10-2016, 01:17 PM
How strange!

Missing Hibs in cup competitions, including the defence of the Scottish Cup, because what used to be a wee gamble is now a straight forward ticket purchase with a discount for season ticket holders.

Must be one of the weirdest excuses I've heard for not going.

Thankfully we don't all need to defend our actions to you then :aok:

Twiglet
05-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I miss it from a convenience point of view. If they were to bring in a dd where it automatically added home cup matches to my season card and debited my account I would be happy with that.

hfcnic
05-10-2016, 01:24 PM
I miss it from a convenience point of view. If they were to bring in a dd where it automatically added home cup matches to my season card and debited my account I would be happy with that.

Totally

hibby6270
05-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I probably will of course go to cup games but I just find that its another expense to try and fork out for, just preferred paying upfront. Even if it was a bit more expensive than the £50 or whatever it was before.

If you bought Early Bird last season it was only £35 iirc - and because of our successful runs in both cups plus the Challenge Cup against The Rangers first game of the season - we got 7(?) games out of it. Last season turned to be absolute bargain.

Understand why it wasn't offered again this season. As much to prevent the above occurring again and as has been said the new League Cup set up this season was an 'unknown' in March/April when ST renewal began.

If on an individual basis, games are reasonably priced, then don't mind paying the extra. Helps the club financially as well I suppose.

I'm sure we'll see CTU again though.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2016, 01:49 PM
If you bought Early Bird last season it was only £35 iirc - and because of our successful runs in both cups plus the Challenge Cup against The Rangers first game of the season - we got 7(?) games out of it. Last season turned to be absolute bargain.

Understand why it wasn't offered again this season. As much to prevent the above occurring again and as has been said the new League Cup set up this season was an 'unknown' in March/April when ST renewal began.

If on an individual basis, games are reasonably priced, then don't mind paying the extra. Helps the club financially as well I suppose.

I'm sure we'll see CTU again though.

Will we see the away season ticket again?