PDA

View Full Version : Barry the Crab

Tinribs
04-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Quite an interesting wee interview on BBC with Barry Ferguson, he is a total hun obviously, but he talks about boozegate and giving the Vs to the photographers at Hampden.

Comes over surprisingly believable about his regrets over it all.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37553682

Billy Whizz
04-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Quite an interesting wee interview on BBC with Barry Ferguson, he is a total hun obviously, but he talks about boozegate and giving the Vs to the photographers at Hampden.

Comes over surprisingly believable about his regrets over it all.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37553682

Heard it tonight, like how he ripped into Pressley, and said they didn't get on. Does anyone have a good word to say about Steven Pressley

Jonnyboy
04-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Heard it tonight, like how he ripped into Pressley, and said they didn't get on. Does anyone have a good word to say about Steven Pressley

Yes..............Steven Pressley :greengrin

Tinribs
04-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Yes..............Steven Pressley :greengrin
Hehe :)

fishybeaver
04-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Was quite surprised at how well spoken he was, seems like a decent guy (despite being on of them) and was obviously still upset about how he treated the national team.

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Heard him speaking before comes over well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Pressley said as much on that recent documentary that the Rangers players in the squad took against him for being a Celtc player telling them what to do.

Smartie
04-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Yep, I quite like him too. I always rated him as a player, even though it became very fashionable to criticise him.Fair play to him for admitting to his regrets.

I think his brother comes across well on Sportsound too - a few rough edges but honest, passionate and enthusiastic.

mca
04-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Copied the Link and all i seen was a 2min clip.. Nothing about that Jambo.. Who i Also Detest Just as Much as The Crab..

Couple o Phannies.. as they used to say is glesga.. :wink:

Scott Allan Key
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Pressley said as much on that recent documentary that the Rangers players in the squad took against him for being a Celtc player telling them what to do.

Why Scotland have underachieved and then gone into decline at football. Discuss.

Mikey09
04-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Steven Pressley is a grade A knob.

Benny Brazil
05-10-2016, 05:04 AM
Found it a pretty good interview - Barry comes across really well.

hibsbollah
05-10-2016, 06:07 AM
Heard it in the car, I thought a lot of it was embarrassing. The sycophantic questioning was beyond belief, the bit at the end, trying to make it hilarious that he sometimes goes into pound shops? I thought the interviewer was going to start choking he was laughing so much. And really, what was Ferguson saying? I was a bellend, I'm really really sorry what I did at scotland but they were bad tae because they told me by fax?

I understand why he did it, he wants to rehabilitate his reputation. And hes a hun so the BBC will lap it up.

jacomo
05-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Loathed him as a player, both the cocky younger version (when he was good) and the older, pass it sideways merchant. Obviously his behaviour with Scotland was poor - but he realises that, and seems to have more self-awareness than most Huns.

Finding myself warming to him. What is going on??!

calumhibee1
05-10-2016, 06:36 AM
I read an interview with him before the last OF game where he claimed he used to punch himself in the face before games against Celtic. Must be what most Huns do on a daily basis. Confirmed to me that he's an absolute roaster.

Bill Milne
05-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Ferguson always seemed, to me as a 100% SSC man, to be up for Scotland. I felt at the time that McGregor was the prime instigator of Boozegate!!

Big_Franck
05-10-2016, 11:21 AM
I didn't hear it live but i've just watched that 2 minute interview and he actually came across quite well. Very open and honest and quite humble, not what I had expected at all. Still, Ferguson wa*k, wa*k, wa*k :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Ferguson is that commonality in Scotland, a smart and decent guy who has the misfortune of being born into a culture of sectarian bigotry and the nonsense supremacist attitude it breeds.

I've known a few guys like that over the years, mostly from Glasgow, not the crap anus towns of the west and Ulster where there is no other 'kulshur' to speak off, and they evolve from being rabid Huns into slightly-embarrassed-at-the-bigotry-of-our-club armchair Rangers supporters.

Billychaotic182
05-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Ferguson always seemed, to me as a 100% SSC man, to be up for Scotland. I felt at the time that McGregor was the prime instigator of Boozegate!!

Rumour has it, it was Scott Brown as well

patlowe
05-10-2016, 12:41 PM
He's clearly ashamed of his behaviour so there's no point in continuing to lambast him for something that is in the past and is a major regret for the guy. He was a very good player and it's a shame Scotland weren't able to call upon him during the last few years of his career. The whole incident is representative of a few things rotten at the cultural heart of our game IMO and, if Ferguson wants to make amends, it would be nice if he could follow his brother's lead and give something back to Scottish football, such as educating/coaching young people in the community.

Big_Franck
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Loathed him as a player, both the cocky younger version (when he was good) and the older, pass it sideways merchant. Obviously his behaviour with Scotland was poor - but he realises that, and seems to have more self-awareness than most Huns.

Finding myself warming to him. What is going on??!

I was the same when I watched it earlier. Don't worry, it passes quickly. :tee hee:

hibbymick
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Fud.

emerald green
05-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Remember it well. Ferguson (and McGregor) sitting stony faced giving the Vs to the Scotland fans & media. As he says, he was a disgrace.

Sounds like he's now trying to ingratiate himself. Possibly sees himself in a job back at Sevco one day soon maybe?

Hugely over rated as player. Always greeting and moaning to referees. Never could stand the wee Hun. This changes nothing.

ekhibee
06-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Remember it well. Ferguson (and McGregor) sitting stony faced giving the Vs to the Scotland fans & media. As he says, he was a disgrace.

Sounds like he's now trying to ingratiate himself. Possibly sees himself in a job back at Sevco one day soon maybe?

Hugely over rated as player. Always greeting and moaning to referees. Never could stand the wee Hun. This changes nothing.
I hated him as a Rangers player but like it or not, he was a good player. I don't think he was trying to ingratiate himself, not every apology has an ulterior motive.

Nameless
06-10-2016, 04:46 AM
not every apology has an ulterior motive.

It wasn't an apology. Did he say "sorry" once during that interview? I heard him feeling sorry for himself, but not actually saying sorry to anyone.

Haymaker
06-10-2016, 05:10 AM
In 11 years he played 45 games for Scotland.

He made over 400 for rangers and a sneaky 36 for Blackburn in that period.

Gave his all for Scotland? No chance.

JimBHibees
06-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Also quite cynical of these sort of features on a player purely designed to ingratiate themselves with the public. How many Gazza, 'I am now a changed and more mature person' :greengrin did the Daily Record run with over his term at Rangers. There is no doubt at all if you have played with either side of the Old firm you will get a much easier time of it than if you played for any other teams. If a Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen player etc had done what Ferguson and McGregor did they would have had a much harder time than they got IMO.

Ozyhibby
06-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Did he mention why his fine for Boozegate was much lower than McGregors? Did he tell everyone that it was because his earning declared to the SFA were much lower than McGregor's because he had an EBT and McGregor did not?
Did he apologise for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk