PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa

Highland_Hibee
04-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Have the highest average away attendance in the English Championship despite not winning on their travels in over a year.

Let's keep the faith, put things into perspective, keep backing our boys and no wet the bed spreads just yet!

#GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Do they not also have a rumour that Steve Clarke is going to be their next manager?

brianmc
04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Have the highest average away attendance in the English Championship despite not winning on their travels in over a year.

Let's keep the faith, put things into perspective, keep backing our boys and no wet the bed spreads just yet!

#GGTTH

Hmmm. I'm either having a "whoosh" moment or your reference to Villa fans in relation to Hibs has hee haw to do with anything!?!
Surely we've got the highest number of away fans in our league - despite this being our THIRD year in it!(it'll be interesting to see villas if the same happens to them?
What's your point?

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2016, 08:56 PM
do some posters on here have some kind of fetish with wet beds :confused:

lets see if villa continue big away supports, super leeds had highest average away attendance last season in the championship

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2016, 09:00 PM
do some posters on here have some kind of fetish with wet beds :confused:

lets see if villa continue big away supports, super leeds had highest average away attendance last season in the championship

Sore point for me, me and the ex bought a water bed, but we drifted apart

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Sore point for me, me and the ex bought a water bed, but we drifted apart

aww...water shame :greengrin

Highland_Hibee
04-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Hmmm. I'm either having a "whoosh" moment or your reference to Villa fans in relation to Hibs has hee haw to do with anything!?!
Surely we've got the highest number of away fans in our league - despite this being our THIRD year in it!(it'll be interesting to see villas if the same happens to them?
What's your point?

It wasn't a great reference I give. It was just my admiration for their fans being able to see light at the end of the tunnel after a fall from grace much more severe than ours.

Too much "we're going backwards" "summer signings are poor" "are we just a bad team?" ****** me you'd think folk would learn by now there is no easy way with Hibs. We are 1pt off the top of the league. Poor show from the fans who chose to boo the players at FT on Sunday. Players who so recently delivered them the greatest sporting memory of their lives.

Sure it's fine to have expectations and criticise poor form but at this stage of the season with us where we are is it really necessary? You could see the players get visibly nervy on the ball as the crowd turned on them through the second half. We were never going to "skoosh" this league you only have to look at our record over the past two seasons to realise that.

1875STEVE
04-10-2016, 10:13 PM

#GGTTH

Villa are my English side......

Highland_Hibee
04-10-2016, 10:14 PM

Hibs AND Villa? You were a bad man in a previous life.

jacomo
04-10-2016, 10:20 PM
aww...water shame :greengrin

:agree:

Put a real dampener on their relationship.

1875STEVE
04-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Hibs AND Villa? You were a bad man in a previous life.

:rolleyes: :greengrin

jgl07
05-10-2016, 12:41 AM

#GGTTH

Where did this come from?

I would be interest to see a breakdown. I would have expected Newcastle to have a bigger visiting support despite having further to travel.

JDHibs
05-10-2016, 08:42 AM

I would be interest to see a breakdown. I would have expected Newcastle to have a bigger visiting support despite having further to travel.

I believe Newcastle has sold out each of their away games this season, always take a big away support.

Dare i say it, one of the best supported clubs down south, given their recent troubles with Fat man Ashley. Still hit 45,000+ every week at St James'

Highland_Hibee
05-10-2016, 09:43 AM

Football away days community page on FB mate.

magpie1892
05-10-2016, 10:35 AM

#GGTTH

How's your home attendance this season?! 32,000 against NUFC (home average: c.50,000 having not won a domestic trophy for 61 years) at VP would have been 40,000 if you'd not limited the away allocation to 2,850, and left huge swathes of VP empty, when we could have brought 10,000 to that game...

NUFC are the biggest draw by far in the division so our allocations are tiny, and always completely sold out.

magpie1892
05-10-2016, 01:39 PM
I believe Newcastle has sold out each of their away games this season, always take a big away support.

Dare i say it, one of the best supported clubs down south, given their recent troubles with Fat man Ashley. Still hit 45,000+ every week at St James'

Average this season is a couple of hundred below 50,000 so far.

HibbyAndy
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Norwich/Newcastle for promotion

Aston Villa going doon another League.

Hibernia&Alba
05-10-2016, 05:41 PM

That must be torture!

Bostonhibby
05-10-2016, 05:52 PM
You're not "Dave" Cameron are you?

Only I seem to remember him coming out as a West Villa utd man.[emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

1875STEVE
06-10-2016, 12:06 PM
That must be torture!

I expect them to get beat every week.

1875STEVE
06-10-2016, 12:07 PM

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Ive supported Aston Villbernian all my life, how very dare you!!

1875STEVE
06-10-2016, 12:10 PM
How's your home attendance this season?! 32,000 against NUFC (home average: c.50,000 having not won a domestic trophy for 61 years) at VP would have been 40,000 if you'd not limited the away allocation to 2,850, and left huge swathes of VP empty, when we could have brought 10,000 to that game...

NUFC are the biggest draw by far in the division so our allocations are tiny, and always completely sold out.

You could argue Newcastle fans are used to it - yoyo team. :fishin::fishin::fishin:

Villa are on a massive downer, apathy running through the club, bit like Hibs not so long ago, crowds down etc.

jgl07
06-10-2016, 12:22 PM

He just got confused.

After all they play in the same colours! It's a easy mistake to make.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2016, 12:32 PM

I was hoping to get to a few Newcastle away games this season but tickets aren't reaching the membership group at the moment and I reckon that will continue.

Got a couple of St James trips planned which I'm looking forward to.

magpie1892
06-10-2016, 03:18 PM
You could argue Newcastle fans are used to it - yoyo team. :fishin::fishin::fishin:

Villa are on a massive downer, apathy running through the club, bit like Hibs not so long ago, crowds down etc.

Relegated twice from the Premiership - funnily enough both coming during Ashley's rapacious tenure.

That aside, I'm not biting!

magpie1892
06-10-2016, 03:20 PM
I was hoping to get to a few Newcastle away games this season but tickets aren't reaching the membership group at the moment and I reckon that will continue.

Got a couple of St James trips planned which I'm looking forward to.

Have fun. We've really picked up at home. Shades of Keegan's 'all out attack' sides. Difficult for me to enjoy though as the whole thing has been soured for me (and tens of thousands of others) since that thieving fat **** oozed through the doors at Gallowgate.

jacomo
06-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Have fun. We've really picked up at home. Shades of Keegan's 'all out attack' sides. Difficult for me to enjoy though as the whole thing has been soured for me (and tens of thousands of others) since that thieving fat **** oozed through the doors at Gallowgate.

Aye but Benitez is the real deal. No surprise he's got you up at the right end of the division.

Highland_Hibee
06-10-2016, 04:40 PM
Teams like Newcastle and Villa are proof that Celtic and The Rangers would have no given right to join the top English league. Huge clubs with loyal followings and yet still can't get it quite right. Celtic would maybe manage the financial side of things a bit better than their uglier sister.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Aye but Benitez is the real deal. No surprise he's got you up at the right end of the division.

With the squad Newcastle have ? I could get them the top end of the table, The real manager in the Championship is Alex Neil of Norwich.

magpie1892
06-10-2016, 07:48 PM
With the squad Newcastle have ? I could get them the top end of the table, The real manager in the Championship is Alex Neil of Norwich.

Chris Houghton had us promoted last time at a canter and was rewarded with the sack and installation of Joke Kinnear and then Pardew. That would have broken lessser men.

Not sure Neil eclipses Rafa though. Rafa had 10 games to keep us up last season and missed by a hair's-breadth following years of decay and the stench of failure, laziness and passive-aggression enveloping the club. Alex Neil had 38 games to keep Norwich up...

The Modfather
06-10-2016, 08:00 PM
How come there's never the same condemning posts when folk talk about having the likes of Villa or Newcastle as their second team? Is it only everything that is wrong with football and the grotesque money in English football when it is the likes of Arsenal or Man U being supported?

Just a general question, not aimed at those on this thread. As long as you're not a Jambo you can support whoever you want in my book 😀

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2016, 08:17 PM
i remember hibs playing a friendly down @ newcastle, lots of bother, newcastle fans were animals, utter freakin morons

SRHibs
06-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Newcastle are my adopted second team due to location. They remind me of Hibs in that they're a huge club relative to most in the country and are stuck where they shouldn't be. Also, the complete apathy of the Newcastle crowd felt very Hibs-like in games I've been to. Thankfully David Gray fixed that!

Stevie Reid
12-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Steve Bruce appointed manager, good move by Villa I reckon. Surprised to see McLaren back at Derby, mind you.

Speaking of Steve Bruce, here is a very funny review of one of his novels. Well worth a read: -

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Huge potential in Villa if he gets it right.

Highland_Hibee
12-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Reckon Steve Bruce is a great appointment for Villa. Derby taking back the Wally with the Brolly? Not so much.

Scott Allan Key
13-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Steve Bruce appointed manager, good move by Villa I reckon. Surprised to see McLaren back at Derby, mind you.

Speaking of Steve Bruce, here is a very funny review of one of his novels. Well worth a read: -

http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

It's like a Geordie Alan Partridge. Wa-ha!

monktonharp
13-10-2016, 12:57 AM
Sore point for me, me and the ex bought a water bed, but we drifted apartnow sail on different seas then, eh?:wink:

Highland_Hibee
14-10-2016, 10:01 AM
4,365 allocation sold out for Villas next away game at Reading. Gluttons for punishment. [emoji1319]

magpie1892
14-10-2016, 10:29 AM
4,365 allocation sold out for Villas next away game at Reading. Gluttons for punishment. [emoji1319]

NUFC 5,700 allocation for their next game at Barnsley sold out in one day.

I question the assertion that Villa have the biggest away day following in the Championship. They can't even get close to filling VP!

Smartie
14-10-2016, 10:52 AM
It's pretty sad that Newcastle and Villa fans are now forced to bicker over who has the biggest away support in the Championship.

It's a long way from that stonking Newcastle side of the mid-90s (even if they didnt win anything) or the European Cup winning Villa side of the early 80s.

chinaman
14-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Cardiff city v bristol City on sky tonight.
New manager,new signings.
Let's go bluebirds

magpie1892
14-10-2016, 03:07 PM
It's pretty sad that Newcastle and Villa fans are now forced to bicker over who has the biggest away support in the Championship.

It's a long way from that stonking Newcastle side of the mid-90s (even if they didnt win anything) or the European Cup winning Villa side of the early 80s.

Hardly bickering to question the veracity of something the OP said. It's really not important to me or anyone that follows NUFC. Promotion is, though...

Yes, we're a long way from the Keegan and Robson sides. Ashley has been disastrous for NUFC. The huns too, so it's not all bad.

Highland_Hibee
14-10-2016, 03:21 PM
It's was a screen cap on football away days credited to "theawayfans" on twitter. Bearing in mind "average away attendance" would be influenced by the allocations of the grounds being visited.

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2016, 04:54 PM
He's got a big fat head

magpie1892
14-10-2016, 06:26 PM
It's was a screen cap on football away days credited to "theawayfans" on twitter. Bearing in mind "average away attendance" would be influenced by the allocations of the grounds being visited.

Absolutely. As previously mentioned, we could have taken 10,000 to VP the other week but the powers-that-be decided to limite NUFC to 2,850 and leave 10,000 seats unoccupied. Weird one.

Still, as I note above, it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Promotion is all that matters.