PDA

View Full Version : Stokes and Henderson

G B Young
04-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I don't really keep tabs on any football other than Hibs these days so just wondered if anyone's been keeping an eye on how two of our key men in the Scottish Cup final are doing this season?

While I don't ever expect to see Stokes back at ER, I do wonder if his presence in the team last season was more important than some thought at the time. Obviously he earned our undying affection with a fantastic Scottish Cup final performance but there was certainly some disappointment that he didn't weigh in with more goals during the league campaign. However, in hindsight I feel he brought something to the side which we seem to lack at present.

Henderson I would have back at Hibs in a flash. Is he anywhere near the first team at Celtic? I know we had an endless 'is he, isn't he' thread about him coming back on loan over the summer but I think he's a must for the January window if available. What I always liked about him was the urgency and never say die spirit he brought with him. He really seemed to care about playing for Hibs and is also a very fine young player.

CallumLaidlaw
04-10-2016, 11:38 AM
I don't really keep tabs on any football other than Hibs these days so just wondered if anyone's been keeping an eye on how two of our key men in the Scottish Cup final are doing this season?

While I don't ever expect to see Stokes back at ER, I do wonder if his presence in the team last season was more important than some thought at the time. Obviously he earned our undying affection with a fantastic Scottish Cup final performance but there was certainly some disappointment that he didn't weigh in with more goals during the league campaign. However, in hindsight I feel he brought something to the side which we seem to lack at present.

Henderson I would have back at Hibs in a flash. Is he anywhere near the first team at Celtic? I know we had an endless 'is he, isn't he' thread about him coming back on loan over the summer but I think he's a must for the January window if available. What I always liked about him was the urgency and never say die spirit he brought with him. He really seemed to care about playing for Hibs and is also a very fine young player.

Henderson got some game time pre season but I don't think he's making the subs bench now.

Stokes scored in a couple of Blackburns early season league games but has dissapeared completely so can only assume he's injured.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Henderson got some game time pre season but I don't think he's making the subs bench now.

Stokes scored in a couple of Blackburns early season league games but has dissapeared completely so can only assume he's injured.

I was wondering about him too, noticed he wasn't playing.
Interesting that both Stokes and Henderson came along to watch us on Sunday

CallumLaidlaw
04-10-2016, 11:42 AM
I was wondering about him too, noticed he wasn't playing.
Interesting that both Stokes and Henderson came along to watch us on Sunday

Just checked and stokes has indeed been injured but played and scored in a reserve game last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salt N Sauzee
04-10-2016, 11:44 AM

Henderson's only made 2 substitute appearances for Celtic this season. Doesn't seem to fit into Rogers plans. I, like all of us, would love to see him back at ER. The move makes sense for all involved. Can't help but feel his talent is being wasted by Celtic.

since90plustwo
04-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Hibs pulled the plug on the hendo deal when celtic asked for 100k if we get promoted. Apparently the deal was done then the unwashed chucked that in at the last minute. Shambles

Michael
04-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Hibs pulled the plug on the hendo deal when celtic asked for 100k if we get promoted. Apparently the deal was done then the unwashed chucked that in at the last minute. Shambles

I really doubt Celtic would suddenly decide they needed another 100k. That's nothing to them.

Jim44
04-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Henderson said that he simply wouldn't entertain going out on loan again. I feel for the guy as he deserves a game in some team or other every week but he's cut his nose off to spite his face IMO.

Tom Hart RIP
04-10-2016, 01:00 PM
He was at ER on Sunday sitting next to Leigh Griffiths in the West Upper.

hfcnic
04-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Seen Stokes before the game aswell, he was hanging around outside the east stand

Franck Stanton
04-10-2016, 03:30 PM
I really doubt Celtic would suddenly decide they needed another 100k. That's nothing to them.

They didn't. Henderson was/is the sticking point in all this. Celtic were willing for him to come to us for another season-long loan however Henderson refused saying he didn't want another loan deal and would prefer a permanent transfer deal.
Hibs were quoted the figure it would take but , for whatever reason, didn't pursue the matter any further. I hope Henderson sees sense and joins us in January.

JDHibs
04-10-2016, 03:45 PM
They didn't. Henderson was/is the sticking point in all this. Celtic were willing for him to come to us for another season-long loan however Henderson refused saying he didn't want another loan deal and would prefer a permanent transfer deal.
Hibs were quoted the figure it would take but , for whatever reason, didn't pursue the matter any further. I hope Henderson sees sense and joins us in January.

Probably the lack of money in the club, plus the fact the board were expecting a big fine for the Cup Final pitch invasion. But, with the fine not happening and the extra 5000-6000 on average ticket sales per game at Easter Road, hopefully we invest a bit in the playing squad.

Hopefully Hendo has now seen that hes not wanted at Celtic and would be welcome back here or would atleast get game time here.

Franck Stanton
04-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Probably the lack of money in the club, plus the fact the board were expecting a big fine for the Cup Final pitch invasion. But, with the fine not happening and the extra 5000-6000 on average ticket sales per game at Easter Road, hopefully we invest a bit in the playing squad.

Hopefully Hendo has now seen that hes not wanted at Celtic and would be welcome back here or would atleast get game time here.

My thoughts exactly, waste of talent the laddie not playing week in - week out. Fingers crossed for Jan window.

Joe6-2
04-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Henderson's only made 2 substitute appearances for Celtic this season. Doesn't seem to fit into Rogers plans. I, like all of us, would love to see him back at ER. The move makes sense for all involved. *Can't help but feel his talent is being wasted by Celtic.*

Where have we heard that before

The Green Goblin
04-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Would love to see him come back.

.Sean.
04-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Stokes was at the game on Sunday

Hi Heid Yin
05-10-2016, 01:48 AM
Like everyone else, I am a great admirer of Henderson and his up-and-at-em attitude. He remains a legend.
But, the fact is that even with him we failed to deliver often enough and fell away badly in our league campaign last season.
This season we are, again, struggling to score goals - even with possibly the best midfield outwith Celtic.
If he could bring goals or lots of assists then there might be an argument to try to bring him back. But the problem, for me, runs deeper - I believe that if lennon continues with the same formations and tactics ( as per Stubbs) that we will continue to labour our way to one or two goals victories maximum and that the inclusion of Henderson will make little difference to the actual results and scorelines.
We need pace and drive and penetration down the wings, accurate crosses into the box attacked by 3 or 4 players and not soley Cummings and/or keatings.
I believe that those 3 or 4 players could be anyone from midfield and central defence. We surely have the talent at our disposal without having to go looking to reintroduce Henderson. Don't get me wrong. I personally would love to see Henderson return, but we need to get an effective automatic promotion winning strategy and game in place before all else.

Salt N Sauzee
05-10-2016, 07:19 AM
Where have we heard that before

Scott Allan & Derek Riordan to name the first two off the top of my head?

RoxburghHibs
05-10-2016, 07:27 AM

It does seem unlikely but apparently it is what happened.

andrew70
05-10-2016, 07:41 AM
It does seem unlikely but apparently it is what happened.

It would make sense as to why Celtic gave him some game time towards the end of the transfer window. Show us he "wasn't" completely out their plans.

I honestly believe that Hibs would've agreed upon a promotion clause though but perhaps that's me being naive. I'd certainly hope they would in order to get him in.

RoxburghHibs
05-10-2016, 07:48 AM
It would make sense as to why Celtic gave him some game time towards the end of the transfer window. Show us he "wasn't" completely out their plans.

I honestly believe that Hibs would've agreed upon a promotion clause though but perhaps that's me being naive. I'd certainly hope they would in order to get him in.

What I was told (and this is only what I heard so could be utter baws) is that Lennon pulled the plug. He was annoyed as Celtic asked for extra money after they had agreed on a deal and at the last minute.

staunchhibby
05-10-2016, 07:51 AM
It would seem that lennon is not prepared to be messed about regarding transfers.

andrew70
05-10-2016, 08:02 AM
What I was told (and this is only what I heard so could be utter baws) is that Lennon pulled the plug. He was annoyed as Celtic asked for extra money after they had agreed on a deal and at the last minute.

Fair enough. I'd hope we'll be going back in for him in January.

It would seem that lennon is not prepared to be messed about regarding transfers.

A good thing despite me saying I'd hope they would agree to it :wink:

familyman
05-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Fair enough. I'd hope we'll be going back in for him in January.

A good thing despite me saying I'd hope they would agree to it :wink:
Seems according to Celtic web site he is a first team player ,so in the pool but not playing much...same old sad story good wages no game play a waste of talent.He was and is exactly what we need ,he has drive and enthusiasm with great ability...but you need to pay for that, Hibs management badly failed to recognise that with Lee Griffiths and now we see it again sadly money priorities make it hard for us it seems...although remember if we had signed Lee we could have had him for 2 more years and sell him at a huge profit thereafter..so why not the same with Liam?
First we need out of this league then a total revamp of players and budgets will for sure be required...

Big L
05-10-2016, 08:53 AM
We were screaming out for Henderson on Sunday, he would have done serious damage down the left side. Hanlon got in to good space but isn't a wing back. Their is no pojnt in having guys like Holt and Graham if you don't have Hendo feeding them!

scoopyboy
05-10-2016, 09:28 AM

Why ask for a fee at all then if £100,000 is nothing.

What the guy posted is correct.

Hibs had negotiated the price over August down by £100,000. The transfer was due to go through on deadline day but then Celtic brought in the £100,000 if Hibs got promoted this season.

Hibs pulled the plug at this point.

Liam didn't want to go back out on loan to anyone but was prepared to move to Hibs on a permanent deal.

J-C
05-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Seems according to Celtic web site he is a first team player ,so in the pool but not playing much...same old sad story good wages no game play a waste of talent.He was and is exactly what we need ,he has drive and enthusiasm with great ability...but you need to pay for that, Hibs management badly failed to recognise that with Lee Griffiths and now we see it again sadly money priorities make it hard for us it seems...although remember if we had signed Lee we could have had him for 2 more years and sell him at a huge profit thereafter..so why not the same with Liam?
First we need out of this league then a total revamp of players and budgets will for sure be required...

Rob Petrie failed badly, I spoke to Leigh's father shortly afterwards and he told me Petrie went to Wolves and offered £50k...yes £50k and was laughed at and literally shown the door, he said Leigh was all set to sign but instead signed for an extra year before Celtic got him in January.

Thankfully Rod has nothing to do with negotiations now but the Henderson deal is exactly he way Scoopboy says happened, Celtic changed he deal at the last minute, trying to screw us for more money.

Just Jimmy
05-10-2016, 09:47 AM
We need pace, width and goals from midfield.

Love henderson but he isn't the answer to the question right now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

heretoday
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Looking at Hibs on Sunday I thought - what are we missing?

Answer: Stokes and Henderson.

snooky
05-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Rob Petrie failed badly, I spoke to Leigh's father shortly afterwards and he told me :
Petrie went to Wolves and offered £50k...yes £50k and was laughed at and literally shown the door, he said Leigh was all set to sign but instead signed for an extra year before Celtic got him in January.

Thankfully Rod has nothing to do with negotiations now but the Henderson deal is exactly he way Scoopboy says happened, Celtic changed he deal at the last minute, trying to screw us for more money.
If true, that's a brilliant piece of business by the Tache. Duh!
Jeez, what would Leigh have been worth to us in terms of goal (& therefore points), attendances and possibly future transfer value?
No wonder Wolves chased the Scrooge.

JDHibs
05-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Out of interest, how did you come to that conclusion?

We had Hendo all last season, and Stokes for half the season and failed in the goal to get promoted. Didnt even get to the Play off final, by that point both of those lads were starters. They were also starters when we went through our horrible patch from Feb to April.

Peoples opinions on those players have been drastically swayed by the final. End of the day, they failed us last season bar the Cup Final. Nothing suggests bringing them back would get us up.

Callum_62
05-10-2016, 12:06 PM

Wrong.

Answer - James Tavanier at right back for UTD.

jacomo
05-10-2016, 12:15 PM
I still have a feeling Hendo will break through at Celtc this season.

Obviously he is having to be patient, but he just seems to be Rodgers type of player.

We will see

LeithMike
05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
I think Henderson would make a difference to Hibs if deployed in the right way - which I think Lennon would do. While Stubbs played Henderson at the tip of the diamond last year, I think he showed sufficient abilities when pulling wide to show that he could do a very good job as a wide midfielder. While he's not blessed with great pace, he's got excellent movement which can buy him space to cross the ball and we all know he can put in a good cross. He's also got an excellent engine which would see him able to track back with the opposition full-back. Would like to see him play wide left for Hibs with McGinn moving in beside McGeough. Not sure I have a solution for the wide right position though.

IWasThere2016
05-10-2016, 01:35 PM

That suggests we had agreed terms with Celtc for Henderson .. that was never the case.

Borderhibbie76
06-10-2016, 07:50 AM

We had Hendo all last season, and Stokes for half the season and failed in the goal to get promoted. Didnt even get to the Play off final, by that point both of those lads were starters. They were also starters when we went through our horrible patch from Feb to April.

Peoples opinions on those players have been drastically swayed by the final. End of the day, they failed us last season bar the Cup Final. Nothing suggests bringing them back would get us up.
True mate they are both and always will be Cup final legends but you are totally right - they both played their part in the Feb-April league slump last year that ultimately cost us promotion

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jim44
06-10-2016, 08:51 AM

I would go further and say that peoples' opinions on our ' skooshing ' potential have been somewhat swayed by the cup final result. Yes, it was a fantastic achievement and so meaningful in the club's history but dare I say that, in reality, we were only seconds away from a scoreline which might have resulted in a very different conclusion that afternoon. If fate had taken a different route, would we have still held certain players in such high esteem and convinced ourselves that promotion would be a formality this season. Recent results suggest not.

J-C
06-10-2016, 09:05 AM
I would go further and say that peoples' opinions on our ' skooshing ' potential have been somewhat swayed by the cup final result. Yes, it was a fantastic achievement and so meaningful in the club's history but dare I say that, in reality, we were only seconds away from a scoreline which might have resulted in a very different conclusion that afternoon. If fate had taken a different route, would we have still held certain players in such high esteem and convinced ourselves that promotion would be a formality this season. Recent results suggest not.

:agree:

The final was played against a team that came out and played open football, which we know we did well against with the diamond but people are forgetting that although that was a fantastic wonder day, we still struggled to get to the play off final and finished behind Falkirk. We are still playing he diamond and are still dropping points against defensive teams.

Stokes did very little apart from the final and Henderson did ok but never really set the heather on fire apart from some very good cameos, he has great potential but so does JC and we know how inconsistent he can be.

Hi Heid Yin
06-10-2016, 09:29 AM

I second the bit in bold.
We finished 3rd last season - even with Henderson!
That abysmal form February through March still rankles. The cup performances detracted from what turned out to be a poor league showing.
The same faults (inability to score and at the same time concede so easily)remain to haunt us.
What is beginning to rankle me this season is that Lennon appears not to have learnt from Stubbs failures. He plays practically the same limited and frustrating system with the same players.
I want to trust him to shake it up and kick butt and get us playing with width and pace. Come on Neil!

BS44
06-10-2016, 09:48 AM
That abysmal form February through March still rankles. The cup performances detracted from what turned out to be a poor league showing.
The same faults (inability to score and at the same time concede so easily)remain to haunt us.
What is beginning to rankle me this season is that Lennon appears not to have learnt from Stubbs failures. He plays practically the same limited and frustrating system with the same players.
I want to trust him to shake it up and kick butt and get us playing with width and pace. Come on Neil!

This Saturday is the ideal opportunity to try something a bit different as at the moment some of us are not sure the present set up is working very well. Get Boyle and Harris in the team, don't expect them to do mazy runs and glide past defenders because they aren't those type of players, instead use their obvious speed and make passes into space behind the St Mirren defence. Sproule was never a tricky player but his pace was devastating and Mowbray knew how to use him.

JimBHibees
06-10-2016, 12:18 PM
:agree:

The final was played against a team that came out and played open football, which we know we did well against with the diamond but people are forgetting that although that was a fantastic wonder day, we still struggled to get to the play off final and finished behind Falkirk. We are still playing he diamond and are still dropping points against defensive teams.

Stokes did very little apart from the final and Henderson did ok but never really set the heather on fire apart from some very good cameos, he has great potential but so does JC and we know how inconsistent he can be.

Of course it was only the last 20 mins or so we played the diamond in the final.

J-C
06-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Of course it was only the last 20 mins or so we played the diamond in the final.

I was talking about the diamond being played in general against SPFL teams and sides that opened up against us.

Yes we went 3 at the back to start the final but that was a proven system against Rangers anyway, even going to a diamond didn't affect the way we played Rangers, it's against defensive 10 men behind the ball teams we struggled with.

greenlex
06-10-2016, 02:32 PM
That run coincided with Fyvies injury.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2016, 02:42 PM
That run coincided with Fyvies injury.And Hanlon and McGeouch.

seanoheimhin
06-10-2016, 03:18 PM
I still have a feeling Hendo will break through at Celtc this season.

Obviously he is having to be patient, but he just seems to be Rodgers type of player.

We will see

They have a pile up of attacking midfielders. Armstrong, Rogic, McGregor, Forrest, Roberts, and Sinclair are all ahead of Henderson. It would be a massive surprise if he came close to featuring regularly as a sub, never mind breaking into the starting 11.

He's a young, talented player with a great attitude so in that respect there must be room for him at Hibs if we could get a bargain. What we need though is to improve our team immediately without compromising our setup, and I don't think Henderson would do that.

Hi Heid Yin
06-10-2016, 05:20 PM
This Saturday is the ideal opportunity to try something a bit different as at the moment some of us are not sure the present set up is working very well. Get Boyle and Harris in the team, don't expect them to do mazy runs and glide past defenders because they aren't those type of players, instead use their obvious speed and make passes into space behind the St Mirren defence. Sproule was never a tricky player but his pace was devastating and Mowbray knew how to use him.

I agree.
NL really does need to drill our propensity towards draws and narrow defeats out of us by changing shape and tactics.
I agree also re Boyle, though I'm less convinced by Harris, as he seems to have been around forever and still hasn't proved himself.

Hi Heid Yin
06-10-2016, 05:31 PM
That run coincided with Fyvies injury.

I'm a great Fyvie fan and I agree that we struggled without him, but Stubbs insisted that the squad was good enough and we had cover for all eventualities and positions. Whoever replaced Fyvie should still have delivered a better performance - as should have the whole team.

MrRobot
07-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Henderson was at the game on Sunday. Based on absolutely nothing, I think he'll be back in January.

Paisley Hibby
08-10-2016, 03:00 PM
As someone once said, you should never look back. So why us it that when it comes to players we Hibs fans seem to do little else? Henderson had a great 10 minutes in the cup final against a defensively poor and tired Rangers team (not that I'm complaining!) Apart from that he didn't help get us promoted last season so why do we think he's the answer this year?

Ozyhibby
08-10-2016, 03:05 PM
As someone once said, you should never look back. So why us it that when it comes to players we Hibs fans seem to do little else? Henderson had a great 10 minutes in the cup final against a defensively poor and tired Rangers team (not that I'm complaining!) Apart from that he didn't help get us promoted last season so why do we think he's the answer this year?

How's his replacement getting on this season?

Ronniekirk
08-10-2016, 10:48 PM
He was our top scoring midfielder in a midfield that wasnt prolific We havent replaced him hence lack of goals from that atea

JimBHibees
11-10-2016, 09:40 AM

His contribution was massively more than that had several standout games and created a number of goals his brilliant cross for Jason at Tynecastle springs to mind. Quality player with a strong determination and great attitude who it appeared loved to play for the club.

J-C
11-10-2016, 09:47 AM
His contribution was massively more than that had several standout games and created a number of goals his brilliant cross for Jason at Tynecastle springs to mind. Quality player with a strong determination and great attitude who it appeared loved to play for the club.

Henderson was getting better as the season went on and was getting more game time due to injuries to others, his big down side is his severe lack of pace but you can't deny his commitment and wonderful crossing and free kick ability, unfortunately if he'd come we'd still play the diamond and the pace would till be slow as hell.

scoopyboy
11-10-2016, 10:34 AM

He had a helluva lot more assists in the Scottish Cup run over and above his two corners.

I would like him back.

Would you have the same opinion if it was Sparky coming back?

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2016, 10:41 AM
I for one can easily separate the difference between a legend and a great player ...... Stokes was pretty average for us in the league and Hendo could have his off days, just like any young player, but it only takes a moment for a player to become a legend no matter what his ability and both players achieved that on the 21st of May.

If its true that we could have got Hendo for 100K now plus 100K on promotion I think we have missed a trick, the guy obviously has the attitude and ability to become at a minimum a very good Scottish premiership level player and one to build a future team around ... if he achieved anything like the level he can play at on a consistent basis its pretty safe to say our 200K would not exactly have been money wasted.

I agree that what we need just now is at least one wide player, or even a Mickey Weir type if such a player was available, rather than a Henderson type player ..... but even if Lennon had recognised that from the word go it still shouldn't put him off the chance of signing an obviously quality player.

Lets hope that Hendo is still on our radar, but if the guy is genuinely available for £200,000 I'm frankly amazed that another club hasn't come in for him.

147lothian
11-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Henderson was getting better as the season went on and was getting more game time due to injuries to others, his big down side is his severe lack of pace but you can't deny his commitment and wonderful crossing and free kick ability, unfortunately if he'd come we'd still play the diamond and the pace would till be slow as hell.

I tend to agree with the bit in bold, it wasn't just the cup final although that certainly was something we'll never forget, at times he looked like the driving force in midfield, I think he would improve personally from more game time and be an asset to the team

Highland_Hibee
11-10-2016, 11:44 AM
If we are going to have the attitude that Stokes and Henderson wouldn't be welcomed back "because they didn't get us promoted" then surely we have to say players like McGeough and Fyvie are no use to our cause either? Henderson can't get us promoted on his own but he creates space and delivers crosses better than anyone we currently have. I was saying these things about him long before his "cup final cameo" too. I was pretty disappointed at the time to see him miss our starting line up.

danhibees1875
11-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Wrong.

Answer - James Tavanier at right back for UTD.

Shame you can't sign someone as an opponent. His contribution towards our cup success was magnificent and greatly overlooked.

erin go bragh
12-10-2016, 11:22 AM
I for one can easily separate the difference between a legend and a great player ...... Stokes was pretty average for us in the league and Hendo could have his off days, just like any young player, but it only takes a moment for a player to become a legend no matter what his ability and both players achieved that on the 21st of May.

If its true that we could have got Hendo for 100K now plus 100K on promotion I think we have missed a trick, the guy obviously has the attitude and ability to become at a minimum a very good Scottish premiership level player and one to build a future team around ... if he achieved anything like the level he can play at on a consistent basis its pretty safe to say our 200K would not exactly have been money wasted.

I agree that what we need just now is at least one wide player, or even a Mickey Weir type if such a player was available, rather than a Henderson type player ..... but even if Lennon had recognised that from the word go it still shouldn't put him off the chance of signing an obviously quality player.

Lets hope that Hendo is still on our radar, but if the guy is genuinely available for £200,000 I'm frankly amazed that another club hasn't come in for him.
All of the above .
My thoughts exactly.
Henderson would be a brilliant signing.

thebausburst
13-10-2016, 06:24 AM
All of the above .
My thoughts exactly.
Henderson would be a brilliant signing.

Agreed 100%

Betty Boop
15-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Henderson starts today for Celtic.

Jim44
15-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Henderson starts today for Celtic.

Scores Celtic's opening goal.

s.a.m
15-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Scores Celtic's opening goal.

Scott Sinclair scored it, think.

Jim44
15-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Scott Sinclair scored it, think.

Live Scores gave it to Henderson, but they've now changed it to Sinclair. Henderson's yellow carded.

snooky
15-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Rogers apparently impressed by Hendo today.
Pity, I was hoping he had blinkers on.

Jim44
15-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Rogers apparently impressed by Hendo today.
Pity, I was hoping he had blinkers on.

I think we always knew that, given the chance, he would make his mark at Parkhead. Looks like he's got a foot in the door now.