PDA

View Full Version : Slating Lennon

dastardly8
03-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Best start to a league in years , the players need to take a good look at themselves not the manager , wasteful up front , Hearts and Rangers skooshed the league as they stuck their chances away , I'm sick of looking at stats of double figure attempts on target and come away with 1 goal or 2 , should be putting teams to the sword , thoughts ?

matty_f
03-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Probably a fair point, the players were very wasteful yesterday. I think Lennon shares the blame though, he never reacted to United making changes until after we conceded.

West lower
03-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Probably a fair point, the players were very wasteful yesterday. I think Lennon shares the blame though, he never reacted to United making changes until after we conceded.

Fine saying that changes were needed, but the first 11 on the park should be taking care of these teams. I have my doubts that we have the right subs who can come on and make huge impacts on games. Hope I am proved wrong though.

jacomo
03-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Fine saying that changes were needed, but the first 11 on the park should be taking care of these teams. I have my doubts that we have the right subs who can come on and make huge impacts on games. Hope I am proved wrong though.

We've got quality in depth in midfield, options pushing for a start up front and wide, plus kids.

I feel confident they will come good but sustained runs of poor results can't be tolerated. And the manager - who sees them in training - has to use the squad and pick the right options.

Forza Fred
03-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I don't think anyone is slating Lennon.

The manager has identified our shortcomings, which have been pretty clear to most on here.

Difference between him and us, is that it is his job now to fix them.

Until they are fixed,it is inevitable that some selections, tactics WILLbe questioned

And that's healthy enough.

JOD
04-10-2016, 12:27 AM
**** off Jambo

and get back to Kick

lord bunberry
04-10-2016, 12:31 AM
I think people are just feeling a bit alarmed at how inept a performance that was on Sunday. We had so much possession yet created very little. Comparisons with last season are inevitable, but a bit premature imo. The players haven't really hit the heights in the last 3 games, but a couple of wins in the next 2 games and we're back in business.

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 06:59 AM
I think people are just feeling a bit alarmed at how inept a performance that was on Sunday. We had so much possession yet created very little. Comparisons with last season are inevitable, but a bit premature imo. The players haven't really hit the heights in the last 3 games, but a couple of wins in the next 2 games and we're back in business.

Agree wasnt great however we do need to pull back from reactive criticism, it is early doors in the season and we started well. There were 2 soft sendings off which affected the 2 previous games. Wonder if there was a wee bit of complacency possibly both by players and management on the back of the 5 wins and particularly the Morton game which was very good. Time to roll the sleeves up and get back to basics with a bit of steel attached.

Early days but a bit of patience required.

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 07:02 AM

We didnt create a whole lot of chances and gave away a basic goal very similar to another one against Ayr and from what I remember Ayr almost scored another header in that game. We cant be giving away such goals on a regular basis and expecting to do well that is for sure. From open play United created nothing at all apart form the wrongly flagged move in the first half.

Steve20
04-10-2016, 07:44 AM
This 'best start to a league season in years' is fair enough, but look at the league we're in.

People are annoyed because he's not fixed things that needed sorted. It's the same problems we had the past two years, we simply don't create enough. And when we do create a few chances, we miss the majority of them. We hardly play with any width and any width the full backs get, their crossing is awful. Things like this were clear before Lennon came in, so why's he not done anything to try and fix it?

His transfer activity over the summer was also very poor.

Or maybe it's because we go into the second International break of the season behind Queen of the South?

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 09:12 AM
This 'best start to a league season in years' is fair enough, but look at the league we're in.

People are annoyed because he's not fixed things that needed sorted. It's the same problems we had the past two years, we simply don't create enough. And when we do create a few chances, we miss the majority of them. We hardly play with any width and any width the full backs get, their crossing is awful. Things like this were clear before Lennon came in, so why's he not done anything to try and fix it?

His transfer activity over the summer was also very poor.

Or maybe it's because we go into the second International break of the season behind Queen of the South?

Way too early to say that.

eastcoasthibby
04-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Agree wasnt great however we do need to pull back from reactive criticism, it is early doors in the season and we started well. There were 2 soft sendings off which affected the 2 previous games. Wonder if there was a wee bit of complacency possibly both by players and management on the back of the 5 wins and particularly the Morton game which was very good. Time to roll the sleeves up and get back to basics with a bit of steel attach

Early days but a bit of patience required.
Patients is needed ..but it doesn't get away from the fact there is a lack of composure, urgency desire and attitude in the last third...our forwards need to play in or around the box, they come too deep because the midfield doesn't get forward suck enough with the ball..never mind get beyond them.we don't pur early enough from wide areas when defenders are still going back we wait til we get to the byeline and they are all back standings waiting before we deliver a cross...now all of that is coaching and also players desire to get goals ...
Too many of the same type in every team 3 natural central midfielders ..at least . So it needs to be Harris or Boyle that gets a start to give us width on at least one side ...providing the wide ammo..!! McVeigh, fugue and McGinnis need to fight for the two roles and maybe mcginn fights Shinnie for the forward role !! Just my thoughts ..

Swedish hibee
04-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Did everyone see Lennon smash his water bottle off the ground just before half time? What was all that about...?

sesoim
04-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Best start to a league in years , the players need to take a good look at themselves not the manager , wasteful up front , Hearts and Rangers skooshed the league as they stuck their chances away , I'm sick of looking at stats of double figure attempts on target and come away with 1 goal or 2 , should be putting teams to the sword , thoughts ?

That shouldn't be hard considering we are in the Scottish 2nd tier, and this is our third season running. I agree that the players need to do more, but is our lack of cutting edge their fault, or is it Stubbs/Lennon's fault for signing too many players that can't break teams down or score goals? Personally, I think Lennon needed to totally reshape the midfield in the summer and bring in players with more cutting edge. When you sign a target man like Holt or Graham, you need to have attacking midfielders that can get forward and score from the knockdowns/lay offs.

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 12:14 PM
That shouldn't be hard considering we are in the Scottish 2nd tier, and this is our third season running. I agree that the players need to do more, but is our lack of cutting edge their fault, or is it Stubbs/Lennon's fault for signing too many players that can't break teams down or score goals? Personally, I think Lennon needed to totally reshape the midfield in the summer and bring in players with more cutting edge. When you sign a target man like Holt or Graham, you need to have attacking midfielders that can get forward and score from the knockdowns/lay offs.

Assuming Shinnie was bought to do exactly that. Early days for him however didnt look full of confidence on Sunday but has a touch of class around the box as shown by his excellent ball for Keatings. Noticed he didnt start v QOS so maybe carrying a knock.