PDA

View Full Version : 13years old!!!!!!

greenlex
03-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Celtic play hearts tonight in the development league. They apparently have a 13 year old on the bench. That's quite impressive. I'm sure I've seen footage of him. He's a talented laddie with the surname dembele. Any relation?

bob12345
03-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Check this vid of him out: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1209034842471245&id=184845868223486&_rdr

son of haggart
03-10-2016, 06:01 PM
https://youtu.be/EaakCddDHm4

That's him 40 seconds in - looks top class

Haymaker
03-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Looks brilliant!

greenlex
03-10-2016, 06:13 PM
He looks great but that's this year. He looks small. Wonder how he will do against hairy arsed full time cloggers?

Pete
03-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Reminds me of Maradona.

greenlex
03-10-2016, 06:26 PM
https://www.facebook.com/302439376632606/videos/540723486137526/

Nutmegged
03-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Saw a video of this kid a few months ago, incredible talent, brilliant potential

Iceman1875
03-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Reminds me a little of the Feruz story dare I say it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
03-10-2016, 06:51 PM
That's nothing there's a club in the SPL that's only 4.

son of haggart
03-10-2016, 06:52 PM
He looks great but that's this year. He looks small. Wonder how he will do against hairy arsed full time cloggers?

You'd have to get promoted first...

:wink:

greenlex
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM

Touché. Being brutally honest I wasn't just meaning your cloggers.

Future17
03-10-2016, 06:58 PM

I thought this site would have been intelligent enough to prevent pink members accessing threads about 13 year olds...:wink:

son of haggart
03-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Touché. Being brutally honest I wasn't just meaning your cloggers.

Aye. just having fun. We don't have many these days anyway. Going by my viewing of you on Sunday you could maybe do with a good holding midfielder

Going back to the young guy you are right in that 13 is too early to judge but at the moment he looks a fantastic prospect

Greencore
03-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Is he Scottish?

snooky
03-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Apart from his obvious skill on the ball, he's also not greedy and knows how to pick out a pass.

DaveF
03-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Ach, he's all left foot :na na:

sambajustice
03-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Is he Scottish?

He must qualify through the school ruling, even if neither he nor any of his family were born in Scotland

Jonnyboy
03-10-2016, 07:44 PM
That's nothing there's a club in the SPL that's only 4.

:tee hee:

Brightside
03-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Im finding it hard to believe that a 13 year old is allowed to play in the Dev League.

son of haggart
03-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Im finding it hard to believe that a 13 year old is allowed to play in the Dev League.

Hearts fielded a 14 year old last year.

Dembele came on for the last 7 or 8 minutes tonight

Jonnyboy
03-10-2016, 08:12 PM

Hearts fielded a 15 year old against us a couple of seasons back

Brightside
03-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Hearts fielded a 14 year old last year.

Dembele came on for the last 7 or 8 minutes tonight

so a 13/14 yo potentially in a game against men in there 30s?? Its daft unless he's is physically over developed for his age. If he is too good for the u15s he should be away in a stronger league, not being put in against men.

bingo70
03-10-2016, 08:17 PM
so a 13/14 yo potentially in a game against men in there 30s?? Its daft unless he's is physically over developed for his age. If he is too good for the u15s he should be away in a stronger league, not being put in against men.

I agree and pretty irresponsible of the coaches IMO. Must be a fair risk of him getting a bad injury should an older more physically developed player choose to clatter him.

Billy Whizz
03-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Did he get on

CallumLaidlaw
03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Did he get on

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/b2721b7580675f58ea7c4fd49f950138.jpg

Brightside
03-10-2016, 08:26 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/b2721b7580675f58ea7c4fd49f950138.jpg

ffs. basically using the young boy as show pony for their youth team.

hibsdaft
03-10-2016, 08:33 PM
just googled him and his appearance is being reported by the national papers. can't see how that sort of attention can be in his best interests.

erin go bragh
03-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Reminds me a little of the Feruz story dare I say it.

Newcastle offered to buy his parents a house if he signed for them . He told his parents, he would never put his boots on again if he left Celtic.
That's the story I got told .
If true , he's the total opposite of Feruz .

Since90+2
04-10-2016, 05:37 AM
He must qualify through the school ruling, even if neither he nor any of his family were born in Scotland

I believe he was born in London but moved to Glasgow at a very young age. Think both his parents are from the Ivory Coast.

son of haggart
04-10-2016, 05:55 AM
just googled him and his appearance is being reported by the national papers. can't see how that sort of attention can be in his best interests.

Agreed - I've got a 14 year old girl and 15 year old boy and the last thing I would want would be for them to be in the media spotlight. 16 should be the youngest allowed in a game where over 18s can play IMHO

Brightside
04-10-2016, 06:29 AM
Agreed - I've got a 14 year old girl and 15 year old boy and the last thing I would want would be for them to be in the media spotlight. 16 should be the youngest allowed in a game where over 18s can play IMHO

and the 16yo needs to be physically developed enough to play at that level. This is the maurice malpas school of development!

Blaster
04-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Whatever happened to good enough / old enough??

CallumLaidlaw
04-10-2016, 07:25 AM

I would agree regarding being mentally old enough, but this boy is 13, and isn't a big 13. He isn't physically developed yet.

Brightside
04-10-2016, 07:28 AM

Which is why he has been playing u15s etc... by all means play them a year group above. But playing a 13yo SMALL boy in a mans game is just wrong. IF the u15 league in scotland isn't good enough for his talent he needs to play elsewhere to assist his development. My thoughts are Celtic are scared of losing the boy to down south so have put him in this game to make the parents think he's going all the way.

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2016, 07:43 AM
What are they thinking about.If he was my laddie I would tell Celtic to GTF.Playing a child against men is absurd.

TonyStokeprano
04-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Boo ****ing hoo, 13 year old gets debut when loads of other celtic youth players are away with Scotland,what's the big fuss here ? I played footbal at the local pitch when I was 10 against 30 year old men lol some of yous need tof toughen up a bit

Smartie
04-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Delighted for the wee guy, he must have been thrilled.

We don't know the full story but there are a million good reasons why he might have been thrown into this match.

We're always desperate to see the negatives in things in Scotland. Here we have a special talent who was given an opportunity - all good in my eyes.

Bristolhibby
04-10-2016, 09:49 AM
I believe he was born in London but moved to Glasgow at a very young age. Think both his parents are from the Ivory Coast.

That's good enough for him to be Scottish.

Although be wary of the Ivory Coast poaching him.

I guess someone (media) will ask him.

J

calumhibee1
04-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Boo ****ing hoo, 13 year old gets debut when loads of other celtic youth players are away with Scotland,what's the big fuss here ? I played footbal at the local pitch when I was 10 against 30 year old men lol some of yous need tof toughen up a bit

He could theoretically come up against Philip Senderos like our under20s did the other week. He's 13 years old and judging by pics he's about 5ft2 and 7 stone. Senderos could end his career in a heartbeat. The boy, or the likes of Senderos or any other player eligible to play at that age group for that matter should never be put in that situation.

Brightside
04-10-2016, 10:51 AM
He could theoretically come up against Philip Senderos like our under20s did the other week. He's 13 years old and judging by pics he's about 5ft2 and 7 stone. Senderos could end his career in a heartbeat. The boy, or the likes of Senderos or any other player eligible to play at that age group for that matter should never be put in that situation.

boo ***in hoo though eh! :greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Salt N Sauzee
04-10-2016, 10:51 AM

Have to agree with this.

Blaster
04-10-2016, 11:10 AM
boo ***in hoo though eh! :greengrin:greengrin:rolleyes:

Could argue you'd be stifling his development

Delboy4
04-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Delighted for the wee guy, he must have been thrilled.

We don't know the full story but there are a million good reasons why he might have been thrown into this match.

We're always desperate to see the negatives in things in Scotland. Here we have a special talent who was given an opportunity - all good in my eyes.

I think Celtic played him in the development squad so he would then be a registered player at least until the end of May meaning that no other club can come
calling. Does anyone know if he was down as a trialist or named?

They are probably scared that a club from down south or abroad take him away...if you look at his video he was playing against Barcelona, maybe they were watching
him very closely.

Celtic should definitely be spoken to with regards playing him at that level if there were first team players from Hearts playing. Maybe Celtic and Hearts were playing
a young team, does anyone know?

Andy74
04-10-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm assuming he is still alive after his ordeal? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
04-10-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm assuming he is still alive after his ordeal? :rolleyes:

:greengrin I think it was windy and he was blown over the stand, Celtic still looking for him.

Geo_1875
04-10-2016, 12:30 PM
He looks like a fat Jamie McCluskey.

CapitalGreen
04-10-2016, 12:42 PM
The average age of the Hearts squad he faced was 17.

Sergio Aguero made his first team debut for Independiente 35 days after his 15th birthday.

CapitalGreen
04-10-2016, 12:43 PM

He came on as a sub so the coaches will have known who he was coming up against. In this case it was 16 and 17 year old laddies.

TonyStokeprano
04-10-2016, 01:05 PM

thats like saying islam feruz shouldnt be allowed to train beside conrad logan because might crush him, what a load of nonsense

TonyStokeprano
04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
harris shouldnt be allowed to train with grant holt imo as holt is a lot bigger and could end his career

Brightside
04-10-2016, 01:20 PM
harris shouldnt be allowed to train with grant holt imo as holt is a lot bigger and could end his career

Are you pissed or just on day release?

son of haggart
04-10-2016, 03:22 PM
I think Celtic played him in the development squad so he would then be a registered player at least until the end of May meaning that no other club can come
calling. Does anyone know if he was down as a trialist or named?

They are probably scared that a club from down south or abroad take him away...if you look at his video he was playing against Barcelona, maybe they were watching
him very closely.

Celtic should definitely be spoken to with regards playing him at that level if there were first team players from Hearts playing. Maybe Celtic and Hearts were playing
a young team, does anyone know?

There were no overage (I've over 20s) in the Hearts side and I would hope the coaches spoke beforehand. He only had a run out at the end when Celtic were comfortably ahead too. Still think it isn't a situation we should allow to happen.

I played in a London league 5 a sides a long time ago and one time I had my we nephew down to stay who was a cracking player. He was only 14 at the time and I was a bit nervous about him playing although his parents were happy enoug. He ran rings around the opposition but I could see the difficulty they had when tackling him. He went on to play for Coventry but broke his leg in a reserve match when he was about 16 and ended up back in Scottish lower leagues

BSEJVT
04-10-2016, 04:17 PM
There were no overage (I've over 20s) in the Hearts side and I would hope the coaches spoke beforehand. He only had a run out at the end when Celtic were comfortably ahead too. Still think it isn't a situation we should allow to happen.

I played in a London league 5 a sides a long time ago and one time I had my we nephew down to stay who was a cracking player. He was only 14 at the time and I was a bit nervous about him playing although his parents were happy enoug. He ran rings around the opposition but I could see the difficulty they had when tackling him. He went on to play for Coventry but broke his leg in a reserve match when he was about 16 and ended up back in Scottish lower leagues

My view is that his coaches at Celtic should know if he was capable of it or not and if he isn't should never have exposed him to it.

I would hate to think that if he played against Hibs we would treat him any differently to any other player on the park, that is either better or worse.

Like it or not, the duty of care for his well being rests with Celtic and I would be bloody angry if a Hibs player stepped back and made allowances for his age.

It is a contact sport and they are there to compete, the boy looks like a great player and I have no problem with him playing, although small and 13 does seem a bit extreme.

I would much rather that than still be wondering whether some of our 20 and above year olds were ever going to establish themselves.

With any luck that brief exposure will have shown the boy what level of physicality he needs to aspire to and will motivate him to do so.

Best of luck to him, there can never be enough good players playing in Scotland

son of haggart
04-10-2016, 04:58 PM
My view is that his coaches at Celtic should know if he was capable of it or not and if he isn't should never have exposed him to it.

I would hate to think that if he played against Hibs we would treat him any differently to any other player on the park, that is either better or worse.

Like it or not, the duty of care for his well being rests with Celtic and I would be bloody angry if a Hibs player stepped back and made allowances for his age.

It is a contact sport and they are there to compete, the boy looks like a great player and I have no problem with him playing, although small and 13 does seem a bit extreme.

I would much rather that than still be wondering whether some of our 20 and above year olds were ever going to establish themselves.

With any luck that brief exposure will have shown the boy what level of physicality he needs to aspire to and will motivate him to do so.

Good argument and I agree we are struggling to bring good young players through.

Just a small question - if you were 32 and playing a competitive game and the opposition brought on a very smal thirteen year old would you hold back in the tackle at all - I would.

son of haggart
04-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Good argument and I agree we are struggling to bring good young players through.

Just a small question - if you were 32 and playing a competitive game and the opposition brought on a very smal thirteen year old would you hold back in the tackle at all - I would.

greenlex
04-10-2016, 05:26 PM

Hold back twice? I reckon I'd do it once and after he's made me look like a fool he would get it the second time. :greengrin

calumhibee1
04-10-2016, 06:12 PM
thats like saying islam feruz shouldnt be allowed to train beside conrad logan because might crush him, what a load of nonsense

Aye that's what it's like mate, exact same thing...

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Did he get on

Taken off in the 32nd minute after being badly nonced by a Hearts defender.

Sergey
04-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Taken off in the 32nd minute after being badly nonced by a Hearts defender.

:not worth

I did LOL reading that!

Jonnyboy
04-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Ah, the good old 'man up' posting makes an appearance

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2016, 06:40 PM

Yes but look what happened to you!

BSEJVT
04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Hold back twice? I reckon I'd do it once and after he's made me look like a fool he would get it the second time. :greengrin

I know you are joking but that's maybe how I think it would pan out.

I think your inherent humanity would subconsciously hold you back the first time and whilst I am not sure he would "get it" the second time, he wouldn't be treated any differently to other players.

Maybe though you would want to rough him up to see if he could take it?

"If you fly with the craws you get shot with the craws" is an old saying that comes to mind.

I will watch out for this boys development with interest and wish him all the best, he must be a game wee boy to even contemplate playing.

Eyrie
04-10-2016, 08:22 PM

I'm not sure you would with a kid that age.

We knew a couple of girls who used to join in our bounce games and one of them was very skillful. Used to make a mug out of me repeatedly as I always held back rather than simply taking the ball (and anything else that was in the way).

Smartie
04-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure you would with a kid that age.

We knew a couple of girls who used to join in our bounce games and one of them was very skillful. Used to make a mug out of me repeatedly as I always held back rather than simply taking the ball (and anything else that was in the way).

I remember likewise playing 5s with a girl and not knowing how to handle it.

I'd asked one of the other boys who was playing what to do and he just chuckled and said "you'll work it out".

I went easy on her first challenge and she flattened me to everyone else's great amusement.

Rattled, I got stuck in from then on and it went fine.

calumhibee1
04-10-2016, 10:01 PM
I remember likewise playing 5s with a girl and not knowing how to handle it.

I'd asked one of the other boys who was playing what to do and he just chuckled and said "you'll work it out".

I went easy on her first challenge and she flattened me to everyone else's great amusement.

Rattled, I got stuck in from then on and it went fine.

I've only ever played fives with a lassie once. Smashed the ball into her face with a shot from about 5 yards away and was crucified for it. Never again.

Ryan69
06-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Noticed that Hamilton also have a 13 year old playing for development team.

Though with Hamilton not being one of the ugly sisters...nothing mentioned of it.

TonyStokeprano
06-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Noticed that Hamilton also have a 13 year old playing for development team.

Though with Hamilton not being one of the ugly sisters...nothing mentioned of it.

Sure a few posters from here will be at the game shouting not to play him due to safety reasons.

Ryan69
06-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Sure a few posters from here will be at the game shouting not to play him due to safety reasons.

It is pretty silly playing a 13 year old in these games though.
Just wait till one gets injured.

TonyStokeprano
06-10-2016, 03:30 PM
It is pretty silly playing a 13 year old in these games though.
Just wait till one gets injured.

Plenty 13 year olds get injured playing in their own age group, what age do you suggest should be minimum to play u20?

CropleyWasGod
06-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Plenty 13 year olds get injured playing in their own age group, what age do you suggest should be minimum to play u20?

It's not about the number, IMO, it's about the suitability of each individual to cope with the situation, physical and mental.

TonyStokeprano
06-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Yeah and that was basically an u18 match he played in, was full of 17 year olds!

sadtom
06-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Whats the big deal...he's 3 times older than The Rangers. And we didn't hold back against them. :greengrin

Ryan69
06-10-2016, 08:33 PM

Do you not believe say a 30 year old defender coming back from injury putting in a hard tackle isnt going todo more damage to a child?
Or should we just not tackle him incase he gets injured,as im certain that if somebody injured the Celtic kid....the media would hang him out to dry for injuring a child.

CapitalGreen
07-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Do you not believe say a 30 year old defender coming back from injury putting in a hard tackle isnt going todo more damage to a child?
Or should we just not tackle him incase he gets injured,as im certain that if somebody injured the Celtic kid....the media would hang him out to dry for injuring a child.

What 30 year old defender was playing?

JimBHibees
07-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Do Belguim not organise their youth set up along the lines of physicality rather than age so that bigger kids play against kids their own size so becomes more a technical challenge rather than the bigger kids running through smaller ones. Hasn't done them bad in terms of player development.

Ryan69
07-10-2016, 09:16 AM
If they choose to play kids in these games...they run the risk.
Thats what im saying.

Andy74
07-10-2016, 09:49 AM
If they choose to play kids in these games...they run the risk.
Thats what im saying.

Yep, but the point is a bit overplayed. Injuries can happen with all sorts of tackles or movements. The thought that some big brute is going to cause damage to a player because he is younger and lighter is a bit simplistic and over dramatic.

As has also been noted the coaches are seeing the game, who is on the park and how it is playing out and judging which players can be used.

HappyHanlon
07-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Yep, but the point is a bit overplayed. Injuries can happen with all sorts of tackles or movements. The thought that some big brute is going to cause damage to a player because he is younger and lighter is a bit simplistic and over dramatic.

As has also been noted the coaches are seeing the game, who is on the park and how it is playing out and judging which players can be used.

Spot on.

Brightside
07-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Do Belguim not organise their youth set up along the lines of physicality rather than age so that bigger kids play against kids their own size so becomes more a technical challenge rather than the bigger kids running through smaller ones. Hasn't done them bad in terms of player development.

All forward thinking nations band kids football like this. The age means nothing its the physicality of the player.

07-10-2016, 04:57 PM
The kid looks absolutely class going by what i've seen on the videos but as others have already mentioned, I don't think its responsible to be putting him in a team of grown men and playing against grown men who are physically bigger than him. Real potential for him to get injured here and set back his development.

frazeHFC
09-10-2016, 04:31 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/09/mustafa-kapi-galatasaray-14-year-old-debut

14 year old debut in Galatsaray's first team :shocked:

bingo70
09-10-2016, 04:39 PM

I think (but could be wrong) that this method was first done by New Zealand rugby.