PDA

View Full Version : Worse at home

IberianHibernian
02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
7 points from 4 home league games . 10 from 4 away ones . 2 wins , 1 draw and 3 defeats from 6 competitive home matches . 5 wins and 1 draw from 6 competitive away matches . failure to break down defences at home or more nerves in front of home crowd ?

Mr White
02-10-2016, 08:02 PM
7 points from 4 home league games . 10 from 4 away ones . 2 wins , 1 draw and 3 defeats from 6 competitive home matches . 5 wins and 1 draw from 6 competitive away matches . failure to break down defences at home or more nerves in front of home crowd ?

There's a bit more to it than those stats given the quality of opposition and poor refereeing decisions against brondby and the rescinded red card v Ayr. It's still not good enough overall though I agree, today especially.

Real Emerald
02-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Hope you're not trying to give the home crowd the blame for this as some folk do. Over 15k people back the team in this pishy league so it's up to the manager and players to perform. Were you at QOS last week, that's when football is difficult but not today. Don't know what you're getting at and apologies if I've misread you're post but the home crowd is not to blame.

IberianHibernian
02-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Hope you're not trying to give the home crowd the blame for this as some folk do. Over 15k people back the team in this pishy league so it's up to the manager and players to perform. Were you at QOS last week, that's when football is difficult but not today. Don't know what you're getting at and apologies if I've misread you're post but the home crowd is not to blame.Definitely not blaming the crowd . I started supporting Hibs when the only atmosphere in Easter Road was a couple of hundred singing in the Cave and apart from odd matches I don`t think we`ve ever benefitted from having a noisy home support . Was really asking those that go home and away if we`re playing better away .

buktadays
02-10-2016, 09:21 PM
From sitting in the middle of the East today I reckon at times they do feel it. Really tense negative vibe a lot of the time. But show us a glimpse of skill or a wee touch of magic and we'll be on our feet making noise! Not the crowds fault..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicho87
02-10-2016, 09:28 PM
At easter road, we have a lot of the ball but the slow predictable play we do wont win us games. Teams wont attack us cause they know we cant break teams down well enough. Same problems for lennon as last two years.

Real Emerald
02-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Definitely not blaming the crowd . I started supporting Hibs when the only atmosphere in Easter Road was a couple of hundred singing in the Cave and apart from odd matches I don`t think we`ve ever benefitted from having a noisy home support . Was really asking those that go home and away if we`re playing better away .

I started going then too, a looooong time ago when the atmosphere was not good in open terraces. To answer your question though, Hibs were no better at QOS or St Mirren as the only away games I've seen this season. It was all the same play except at Paisley we converted a couple of chances. The opposition never look good but we can't convert our domination in too goals. Nothing to do with the venue IMO. We need to be more direct.

brog
03-10-2016, 02:28 PM
I posted weeks ago that with the way NL sets up his teams I expected us to be stronger away this season but less good at home. For the moment that seems to be happening. People forget just how good our home record was last season. One defeat all season, clean sheets in beating Yams, Sheep & Dundee Utd & 2 league wins over Sevco. I only hope the improvement away from home over compensates for the decline at home. Better still, improve at home & away!