PDA

View Full Version : Jason in midfield

HappyHibee64
02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
When Jason Cummings is on the ball he is very good and makes things happen, unfortunately he is isolated up front and not involved in the game, would he be better in midfield or playing just behind a front two.

Northernhibee
02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
No.

Jones28
02-10-2016, 04:53 PM
No, he needs to be up front

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-10-2016, 04:54 PM
When Jason Cummings is on the ball he is very good and makes things happen, unfortunately he is isolated up front and not involved in the game, would he be better in midfield or playing just behind a front two.

Worst idea ever

Libby Hibby
02-10-2016, 04:55 PM
No, he needs to be up front

Agreed or on the bench for a bit

Septimus
02-10-2016, 04:56 PM

Aged 100 per cent

lord bunberry
02-10-2016, 05:05 PM

I can see where you're coming from in that we need goals from midfield, but I'm not convinced the other strikers would score enough

Brussel Patepy
02-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Jason is never a midfielder.

California-Hibs
02-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Lol

Babyshamble
02-10-2016, 06:24 PM
😂😂😂

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2016, 06:25 PM
How about Marciano up front, maybe he can pack more of a punch than the current forwards?

Time For Heroes
02-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Aged 100 per cent

No wonder he is off the pace :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Will work as well as Fletcher in midfield did.

silverhibee
02-10-2016, 07:27 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if that is where he is for our next game, on the bench.

Mikey09
02-10-2016, 07:34 PM

Nae offence mate but thank **** fans Dinnae pick the team...

ArmadaleHibs
02-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Well I don't think he's a midfielder but one thing I noticed very much today was his constant moaning when things never went his way. If he wasn't moaning at the ref, he was moaning at others around him or even at himself.

When he's in that mood he looks very out of sorts and actually looks like a spoilt kid at times. I think if anything he needs to add a bit more maturity to his game. Great wee finisher and great to have him in the team but sometimes it doesn't work. Saying that, it wasn't all his fault today

Dunbar Hibee
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
I ****ing despair sometimes

Joe6-2
02-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Aged 100 per cent

So have I, ha ha

O'Rourke3
02-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Well I don't think he's a midfielder but one thing I noticed very much today was his constant moaning when things never went his way. If he wasn't moaning at the ref, he was moaning at others around him or even at himself.

When he's in that mood he looks very out of sorts and actually looks like a spoilt kid at times. I think if anything he needs to add a bit more maturity to his game. Great wee finisher and great to have him in the team but sometimes it doesn't work. Saying that, it wasn't all his fault today

In the first half he was screaming at SJM to hit a 40 yard diagonal pass. When he did he he then moaned because he had to chase it and it went out. I'd like to see him applaud his team mates for the effort as opposed to moaning at them...

And he's never a midfielder. He should stop dropping deep to try and make stuff happen. He's great in the box finishing things off.

Diclonius
02-10-2016, 08:54 PM
http://b.smimg.net/15/47/640x480/jason-cummings.jpg

Jason was told of this idea and was amused.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-10-2016, 09:03 PM
In the first half he was screaming at SJM to hit a 40 yard diagonal pass. When he did he he then moaned because he had to chase it and it went out. I'd like to see him applaud his team mates for the effort as opposed to moaning at them...

Only an issue if he continues to do it week in week out. He'll be fine, wee word wi the manager and back on the job.

staunchhibby
02-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Jason spends a lot of time moaning at one thing or another.Just wish hd woulc get on with it and stop his antics

Centre Hawf
02-10-2016, 09:29 PM
No chance would I drop Jason, the boys a goalscorer and isn't getting the service at the moment. The problem lies in the system/tactics, not our top goalscorer.

O'Rourke3
02-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Only an issue if he continues to do it week in week out. He'll be fine, wee word wi the manager and back on the job.

He does it week in week out. In his interview NL went out his way not to have a go despite some prompting. I think he's in a good environment.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-10-2016, 11:04 PM
I'd like to see Cummings and Keatings playing together just off Holt. Too many balls over the top today that neither were gonna win. Both can skelp a ball so get him knocking them down on the 18 yard line.

California-Hibs
03-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Grant Holts lost the legs a good bit. I have a strong feeling if we moved him to sweeper it would be a Sauzee type change!!

Thoughts??

😂

Big90inOz
03-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Cummins is an above average striker but a very average football player.

HoboHarry
03-10-2016, 04:00 AM
Cummins is an above average striker but a very average football player.
Really no clue about what your point is meant to be?

Big90inOz
03-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Really no clue about what your point is meant to be?

Thought it was obvious
Cummins wil always score goals but his touch and passing skills are pretty poor, first touch is often poor and his inability to get the correct weight on a pass does my head in.

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Cummings is dropping so deep to get the ball at the moment he may as well be playing in midfield. When you look at the lack of service to him yesterday its no wonder the kid gets frustrated. I keep hearing that he cant play football, he isn't Pirlo that's for sure, but in his last few games I cant remember him giving away possession too many times, he usually manages to pick out a team mate when he needs to pass.

At the end of the day we possess arguably 4 of the best midfield players in Scotland outside of Celtic, never mind in the Championship, and its a sad indictment of our current inability to provide our strikers with clear cut chances or that they themselves aren't a goal threat that somebody even thinks we should be playing JC in midfield.

JC doesn't need to be working on his midfield skills, what he needs to be working on is his shooting, another one over the bar yesterday, and his movement which he still needs to work on ...... if I was Lennon I would have him working on both of these aspects and his pace and fitness which IMO still need worked on .... you could never accuse JC of being a player who 'buzzes about' and if he could work on that he would be much more affective.

fulshie
03-10-2016, 12:48 PM
he's the best striker we have but, unfortunately he's going through a wee bad spell (all strikers do at some point). I didn't like Lennon taking him off because, even though he was having a bad game he could still nick a goal.