PDA

View Full Version : Scott Fraser

SRHibs
02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I'll be honest and say I had never heard of their number 10 prior to this game, but he was different class today. Best midfielder on the park. Looked a threat every time he ran at us and beat his man 9 times out of 10. As for the 'one to watch', Andreu, I thought he looked pish. Overall though they don't look like a particularly good side so it's of slight comfort knowing they're probably up there with the best we'll play this season.

DaveF
02-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Their no10 looked ok, but give anyone the freedom to run and play then they'll impress.

ancient hibee
02-10-2016, 03:36 PM
I'll be honest and say I had never heard of their number 10 prior to this game, but he was different class today. Best midfielder on the park. Looked a threat every time he ran at us and beat his man 9 times out of 10. Quite liked the look of their number 9 too. As for the 'one to watch', Andreu, I thought he looked pish. Overall though they don't look like a particularly good side so it's of slight comfort knowing they're probably up there with the best we'll play this season.

Personally that's the worst United team I've ever seen.Don't think I've ever seen a senior team put so many passes straight out of play or straight to an opponent.That we couldn't beat them is abysmal.

lucky
02-10-2016, 03:36 PM
He was crap in the 1st half and was given huge amounts of room in 2cd half as our midfield dropped of him and sat back

emerald green
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
I'll be honest and say I had never heard of their number 10 prior to this game, but he was different class today. Best midfielder on the park. Looked a threat every time he ran at us and beat his man 9 times out of 10. Quite liked the look of their number 9 too. As for the 'one to watch', Andreu, I thought he looked pish. Overall though they don't look like a particularly good side so it's of slight comfort knowing they're probably up there with the best we'll play this season.

DU are not a good side. Far from it. They are the worst DU side I've seen in many years of watching football.

Yet Hibs couldn't beat them on our own pitch in front of 15,000+ fans. That's the worrying thing.

greenlex
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
He was fine on the ball but his passing and decision making in the final third was poor.

Brightside
02-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Personally that's the worst United team I've ever seen.Don't think I've ever seen a senior team put so many passes straight out of play or straight to an opponent.That we couldn't beat them is abysmal.

Totally agree - they were garbage. Our midfield should be ashamed to be losing out battles against that lot.

bigwheel
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
I'll be honest and say I had never heard of their number 10 prior to this game, but he was different class today. Best midfielder on the park. Looked a threat every time he ran at us and beat his man 9 times out of 10. Quite liked the look of their number 9 too - well, he was OK on the ball when he actually got a touch anyway. As for the 'one to watch', Andreu, I thought he looked pish. Overall though they don't look like a particularly good side so it's of slight comfort knowing they're probably up there with the best we'll play this season.

best player on the park today...head and shoulder's above the rest...

Bishop Hibee
02-10-2016, 08:22 PM

Agree.

matty_f
02-10-2016, 09:01 PM
United were diabolical, and I didn't think much of any of their players.

Mcpakeisgod
02-10-2016, 09:19 PM
I thought he was pretty average, no final ball- no point in being a 10 if you don't have the pass in your locker

BSEJVT
03-10-2016, 09:04 AM
He was fine on the ball but his passing and decision making in the final third was poor.

Agree with this

Decent turn of pace about him, but not great creativily with ball

I wonder if his Dad was Scott Fraser ( ex Rangers and now of McEwan Fraser fame)

I see they were sponsoring Utd's tracksuits

Maybe 2 + 2 = 5 on my part

Craig_HFC
03-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Only reason he stood out, in my opinion, was because of that ridiculous hair band he had on his heid.

He's pish.

Jones28
03-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Only United players that impressed me were Obadeyi (?) and the centre back that scored for them. The rest were chronically ****

Albanian Hibs
03-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Who? Thought they were all crap. Only got a point due to our inability of finishing teams off.

Albanian Hibs
03-10-2016, 11:51 AM
Only United players that impressed me were Obadeyi (?) and the centre back that scored for them. The rest were chronically ****

Thoughtthe guy who scored for them was absolutely honking, along with the rest of their defence.

JDHibs
03-10-2016, 11:54 AM
The winger that came on for them done well. Murray up top was murder. No10 looked not bad, added a bit of flair but done nothing with it. Defence was awful, but we were trying to get Keats and Cummings to hold them off.

Very poor team. Played for the draw.

Jones28
03-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Thoughtthe guy who scored for them was absolutely honking, along with the rest of their defence.

Honking enough to get themselves a draw you mean?

resident_Arab
03-10-2016, 02:39 PM
DU are not a good side. Far from it. They are the worst DU side I've seen in many years of watching football.

Yet Hibs couldn't beat them on our own pitch in front of 15,000+ fans. That's the worrying thing.

We aren't as bad as last season, easter rd in the cup last season is one of our worst ever performances

We were awful first half yesterday, slightly better second, however that was a weakened side we had out missing our entire midfield and using a different system because of that

I thought Hibs were really poor too, think our subs made an impact, especially Cammy Smith and Obadeyi

As for Fraser, he was crap first half and good second, has plenty talent but needs to seriously man up, sections of our support get on his back

BoomtownHibees
03-10-2016, 04:02 PM

He scored with a free header from about 12 yards out.

Defensively he was murder, alongside his centre half partner. We should have been going at them with pace and slick passing like what got us the goal.

Albanian Hibs
03-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Yip. Only got a draw cause we were so bad in the 2nd half.

bigwheel
03-10-2016, 04:42 PM

make me laugh when people always blame Hibs performance level, don't you think it might have also been to do with how the opposition performed? United were much better in the second half...

S4uzee
03-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Didn't even think he was that good

Jones28
03-10-2016, 05:12 PM

If he was so poor then why didn't we take 3 or 4 goals off them?

PatHead
03-10-2016, 05:14 PM
make me laugh when people always blame Hibs performance level, don't you think it might have also been to do with how the opposition performed? United were much better in the second half...

A lot of that was Gray going off. He had pushed forward well in the 1st half and was missed in the 2nd.

Del Boy
03-10-2016, 05:16 PM
hibs well on top first half, without creating all that much. United very poor in first half. Second half United improved and hibs got worse.

Draw was probably fair in the end.

I thought Scott Fraser was good for them, also Cammy Smith looked decent when he came on.

Gmack7
03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Reminded me of Dougie bell

Ronniekirk
03-10-2016, 09:56 PM
A lot of that was Gray going off. He had pushed forward well in the 1st half and was missed in the 2nd.

I agree Grays absence caused problems as Eardsley clearly isnt match fit and they exploited that but he made some poor choices as well going forward and passed to no one on a few occassios
Hopefully he gets another run put via St Mirren and does better