PDA

View Full Version : We never learn

dastardly8
02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Same scenario again , we take the lead then allow them back into it , we need to learn to have a killer streak when we go ahead, thoughts on how to change it ?

RedHibby
02-10-2016, 01:33 PM
We have been shouting about how to change it for three seasons. Pace and width is what creates chances against teams that sit in, we have neither. Diamond does not work in this league but it is fashionable so lets just keep doing it.

Borderhibbie76
02-10-2016, 01:37 PM
I really thought lennon would change this useless diamond system - but no here we go again. It's not the system to break teams down in this bloody division...how come we can all see it and the last 2 managers cannot???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unseen work
02-10-2016, 02:06 PM
The worst part imo is Lennon says the right things, he highlights the areas we need to improve on.

Build up play too slow etc etc.

Play wingers and have a bit of pace in the team then!!!

northstandhibby
02-10-2016, 02:22 PM
I really thought lennon would change this useless diamond system - but no here we go again. It's not the system to break teams down in this bloody division...how come we can all see it and the last 2 managers cannot???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

A diamond system is not fit for purpose.

Good to see James Keatings on the scoresheet though.

GGTTH

heretoday
02-10-2016, 02:27 PM
This was the first time I have attended ER since last season and I wasn't cheered. The game should have been over by halftime. We made good progress down the left in particular with Hanlon prominent and the goal was nicely worked.
Different story second half although you have to give United credit for pressing us better. But it's like we're wading through quicksand going forward. Then he takes off Cummings - the only man likely to score. Memo to Lenny: never sub Cummings.
It wasn't good. I don't think the guys look very fit physically apart from anything else.

hibby6270
02-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I've said it on another thread. If I had one bit of advice for Neil it would be ditch zonal marking at corners and free kicks. It's cost us dear in the last 2 home games. From being in a position of having 6 points, we've ended up with only 1 of those 6.

Says it all really imo.

gjb
02-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Ditch the diamond in midfield, forget zonal marking, leave Lewis Stevenson where he was today in the stand, play Hanson at LB or give the young boy Crane his chance at least today we got balls in the box from the left side which doesn't usually happen, play Keaton up front with another the guy is a winner showed today by his work rate, drop Jason for a couple of games and see what happens we can't rely on him getting chances he won't make them himself and doesn't contribute anything else really, maybe do him good to have to fight for his place. Give McGinn a rest for a couple of weeks too same might apply to him
sorted

lord bunberry
02-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Ditch the diamond in midfield, forget zonal marking, leave Lewis Stevenson where he was today in the stand, play Hanson at LB or give the young boy Crane his chance at least today we got balls in the box from the left side which doesn't usually happen, play Keaton up front with another the guy is a winner showed today by his work rate, drop Jason for a couple of games and see what happens we can't rely on him getting chances he won't make them himself and doesn't contribute anything else really, maybe do him good to have to fight for his place. Give McGinn a rest for a couple of weeks too same might apply to him
sorted

What do people want from Cummings? He dropped his shoot on site policy and linked the play well in the first half. The problem with that is he didn't look like scoring as we don't get the ball in the box enough. Dropping Cummings won't solve any problems. We have no players who seem willing to get the ball and run at the opposition.

Stevie Reid
02-10-2016, 04:08 PM
What do people want from Cummings? He dropped his shoot on site policy and linked the play well in the first half. The problem with that is he didn't look like scoring as we don't get the ball in the box enough. Dropping Cummings won't solve any problems. We have no players who seem willing to get the ball and run at the opposition.

Couldn't agree more, anyone who suggests that we drop our top scorer (and someone with his scoring ratio in this league) is crazy, IMO. Didn't get a sniff today, but linked up well and had a good effort on goal with the one shooting opportunity he had.

gjb
02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah agree but we also need 11 players on the park who bring something to the table other than hope

lord bunberry
02-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Yeah agree but we also need 11 players on the park who bring something to the table other than hope

Cummings brings goals. If everyone else was doing their bit we wouldn't be so reliant on him.

gjb
02-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Cummings brings goals. If everyone else was doing their bit we wouldn't be so reliant on him.
ok agree but when he doesn't bring goals today for example what else did he contribute imo not a lot. Anyway other things need to improve not just Jason for us to be where we should be at the top of the table and winning games

gjb
02-10-2016, 04:25 PM
ok agree but when he doesn't bring goals today for example what else did he contribute imo not a lot. Anyway other things need to improve not just Jason for us to be where we should be at the top of the table and winning games
opinions are great

Eyrie
02-10-2016, 06:10 PM

You could say that about every player on the park for us today - when they don't do their job then they don't contribute anything.

Cummings is the least of our worries at the moment.

RedHibby
02-10-2016, 06:16 PM
There have been lots of strikers in the past who do not contribute much in open play but when they get the ball in the box it ends up in the net. Those players managers would not have changed the way they played because of their goal scoring records. There is nothing like a good old fashioned poacher.