PDA

View Full Version : McGinn

Agnes Gordon
02-10-2016, 01:10 PM
I realise he wasn't the only poor performer today but what the hell has happened to him?
An absolute shadow of his former self so far this season.
No drive or urgency and kept getting mugged in possession.

Borderhibbie76
02-10-2016, 01:11 PM
He was brutal today couldn't believe lennon took shinnie off and left him on - really poor can't believe he is still in Scotland squad tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Actually thought McGinn was good in first half, second half not so much!

Dunbar Hibee
02-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Worst performance in a Hibs strip, let's not jump on the laddie's back though eh, we all know how talented he is...

Borderhibbie76
02-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Seriously?? I thought he was awful...constantly caught in possession or giving the ball away and falling on his erchie ...opinions ah

J-C
02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Seriously?? I thought he was awful...constantly caught in possession or giving the ball away and falling on his erchie ...opinions ah

I'm with you, passing poor and lost the ball all too often today, we were surprised Shinnie came off and not him.

Thecat23
02-10-2016, 01:23 PM

What??

That was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Hibs player in all my time watching them.

hibee_girl
02-10-2016, 01:24 PM
What??

That was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Hibs player in all my time watching them.

I honestly doubt that!

S4uzee
02-10-2016, 01:25 PM
What??

That's too far

Borderhibbie76
02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I do think think he has been great all season tbh he is living off the 1st half of last season atm

Swedish hibee
02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
He was poor today. Maybe needs a rest?

Heisenberg
02-10-2016, 01:32 PM
I honestly doubt that!

Im close to agreeing with him. McGinn was that bad.

Jones28
02-10-2016, 01:33 PM
He was rotten today, bench him for a couple of weeks and give him an impact sub role.

Oscar T Grouch
02-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Let's be honest the whole midfield were gash today. No pass marks for any of them. In particular McGinn and Shinnie.

Brightside
02-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Let's be honest the whole midfield were gash today. No pass marks for any of them. In particular McGinn and Shinnie.

Correct. Very very poor.

Onion
02-10-2016, 01:40 PM
First half our only decent midfielder was Fyvie, the rest were awful. Second half, Shinnie started playing much better and was shocked he was hooked at that point. Expected better from McGinn.

Time For Heroes
02-10-2016, 01:42 PM
What??

Slight overreaction, either that or you've not watched many games :greengrin.
I agree he was poor today but ive seen a lot worse

Thecat23
02-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Slight overreaction, either that or you've not watched many games :greengrin.
I agree he was poor today but ive seen a lot worse

Let's take in that is the worst Dundee Utd side in about 20 years the league we are in as well.

Sorry it's not an over reaction, the boy is class but **** me he was like someone who fills in for a player at 5's to make up numbers he was that bad.

Unseen work
02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
He was poor but at least tried to do things.

Mcgeouch on the other hand was awful and never appeared eager to get on the ball or make things happen

Chip shop Joe
02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Have to say as poor as McGinn was Scott Fraser looks a class player and really did show McGinn up.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Dressed as Alex Harris today. No heart. I'd be checking the why not cctv Ashe looked like he was still on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
02-10-2016, 01:57 PM

Mcgeouch on the other hand was awful and never appeared eager to get on the ball or make things happen

I totally disagree with this bit. McGeouch wasn't as good as he can be, he was sloppy at times (as were all of our midfielders) but I still thought he was by far our best midfielder. He was as keen as ever to get on the ball but didn't have anything like enough options when he was on it.

McGinn was very poor indeed today. I thought United crowded him out of the game. He never seemed to have a pass on so had to beat players and do that pirouette thing he does far too often, leading to him losing the ball.

We really need to find a formation and playing style that suits our best players. At the moment I think the whole team is set up to accommodate Jason Cummings and it just isn't working.

Smartie
02-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Have to say as poor as McGinn was Scott Fraser looks a class player and really did show McGinn up.

I agree. I'd never really heard of him before but he dominated the game from start to finish. I was very impressed with Fraser.

Highland_Hibee
02-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I honestly didn't think he was that bad. I thought McGeough was much more wasteful than him. McGeough seems to get an easy ride from folk on here for whatever reason. Definitely wasn't a great McGinn performance and I'm increasingly frustrated by his shooting ability. We won't have to worry about losing McGinn or Cummings on their last two performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
02-10-2016, 02:07 PM
What??

No way.

gaz1875
02-10-2016, 02:13 PM
McGinn and McGeouch were both terrible, Shinnie was at least starting to get into the game and at times looked a threat and was subbed before these two :confused: Yet another strange substitution by Lennon.

heretoday
02-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Mcginn was ok in the first half but slowed up markedly later. His trick of gathering the ball and turning has been worked out by the opposition.

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Seems more sluggish this season. Stupor John McGinn?

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Total overreaction. He was average, beat his man a few times by dropping his shoulder, other times misplaced a pass. A 5/10 sort of day.

If we're pointing fingers then Eardley deserves one. Looked totally exposed again and again by their #11 and is nowhere near good enough to replace Gray.

SRHibs
02-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I don't think he was that bad. Looked good on the ball but missed a few good opportunities to play a decent ball. By no means the worst player on the park.

Their number 10 was class though.

Smartie
02-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Total overreaction. He was average, beat his man a few times by dropping his shoulder, other times misplaced a pass. A 5/10 sort of day.

If we're pointing fingers then Eardley deserves one. Looked totally exposed again and again by their #11 and is nowhere near good enough to replace Gray.

I don't think he looked anywhere close to being fit enough to be playing first team football but I actually thought he did ok, especially going forward. He whipped one really nice ball into the box that he had to stretch to get in but surprise surprise we had no players anywhere close to getting on the end of it.

HoboHarry
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
What??

Aye right....... :faf:

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't think he looked anywhere close to being fit enough to be playing first team football but I actually thought he did ok, especially going forward. He whipped one really nice ball into the box that he had to stretch to get in but surprise surprise we had no players anywhere close to getting on the end of it.

He was a disaster defensively. I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Gray, I'd rather Forster move out to RB than persevering with Eardley if so.

Albanian Hibs
02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
McGeouch McGinn and Shinnie were all crap today. Fyvie was the only midfielder with pass marks

hibee_girl
02-10-2016, 02:40 PM

:agree:

He started off a bit ropey but I thought he got better as the half went on. He's not as quick as Gray but he did well.

Broken Gnome
02-10-2016, 02:40 PM
He was a disaster defensively. I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Gray, I'd rather Forster move out to RB than persevering with Eardley if so.

Disaster and you don't want him to play again.

Tad melodramatic.

lucky
02-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Most were poor today but JM was terrible his first touch was a tackle.

AgentDaleCooper
02-10-2016, 02:45 PM
JM got a fair few rounds of applause for creating space as far as i can remember in the first half, and certainly looked capable, if not likely, to create something. he was obviously miles away from the player he can be, and that is very frustrating, and he gave the ball away far too often - he still looked more of a threat than shinnie IMO.

same goes for dylan - put himself about a great deal, but had a crap game, nothing come off for him. by the last 10-20 minutes, i thought the whole team looked pretty flat footed, and reluctant to press, as lennon was furiously gesturing them to do.

Del Boy
02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
mcginn was very poor, our whole midfield was disappointing to be honest.

Agree about Scott Fraser - best player on the park IMO.

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Disaster and you don't want him to play again.

Tad melodramatic.

I said I'd rather have Forster than him as a back up RB. A bit different to saying I don't want to play again.

bigwheel
02-10-2016, 02:57 PM

No way was he a disaster...first 45 mins...hardly played in months...nothing to worry about there. No major negatives, one decent cross. Was playing against a strong , fast winger. Coped OK.

as for your other point around Forster - Do you recall how immobile he is at RB? It's a no from me.

staunchhibby
02-10-2016, 02:58 PM
That is the poorest i have seen mc ginn play

Time For Heroes
02-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Let's take in that is the worst Dundee Utd side in about 20 years the league we are in as well.

Sorry it's not an over reaction, the boy is class but **** me he was like someone who fills in for a player at 5's to make up numbers he was that bad.

Nice analogy, although i dont disagree with it completely, he was bad, but ive seen miles worse

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 03:11 PM
No way was he a disaster...first 45 mins...hardly played in months...nothing to worry about there. No major negatives, one decent cross. Was playing against a strong , fast winger. Coped OK.

as for your other point around Forster - Do you recall how immobile he is at RB? It's a no from me.

Disagree.
I watched Eardley carefully and I was in line, he not once looked like having his man under control. Beaten by speed three times and then resorted to standing off to such an extent that #11 had a free run in our half. Overlaps with McGeogh didn't work.

Shrekko
02-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Oh my God- another player being written off after his first 45 minutes in a Hibs jersey. What a place this is.

I recall another full back being written off after 1 friendly a number of years ago- David Murphy.

seanoheimhin
02-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I realise he wasn't the only poor performer today but what the hell has happened to him?
An absolute shadow of his former self so far this season.
No drive or urgency and kept getting mugged in possession.

He's had a shocker today, but IMO a massive exaggeration to say he's a shadow of his former self.

Things didn't work out for him, he had no luck and he was lethargic. Sometimes all you need is the bounce of a ball to go for you to get out of a funk like that, and it didn't happen for him today.

Here's hoping he kicks on and keeps his head up. He's been brilliant for us and deserves patience.

hhibs
02-10-2016, 03:34 PM
I totally disagree with this bit. McGeouch wasn't as good as he can be, he was sloppy at times (as were all of our midfielders) but I still thought he was by far our best midfielder. He was as keen as ever to get on the ball but didn't have anything like enough options when he was on it.

McGinn was very poor indeed today. I thought United crowded him out of the game. He never seemed to have a pass on so had to beat players and do that pirouette thing he does far too often, leading to him losing the ball.

We really need to find a formation and playing style that suits our best players. At the moment I think the whole team is set up to accommodate Jason Cummings and it just isn't working.

I Re: Cummings,I have been thinking that for a few weeks.Think it may be time to put on the bench.,at the moment he is just looking lost and setting up the team to accommodate Jason has to change. IMO

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2016, 03:41 PM
I've seen 500 worse performances from Hibs players that McGinns today. What a nonsense exaggeration.

ancient hibee
02-10-2016, 03:47 PM
McGinn had about three weeks off between seasons.Badly needs a rest.

neil7908
02-10-2016, 03:52 PM
McGinn was very poor today but having watched us a number of times this year, I'm not clear what his role is in the team. Fyvie is there to protect the back 4, Mcgeough is our deep lying play maker, Shinnie attacking midfielder. What is Mcginn being asked to do?

He looks a bit lost in games and I don't just mean today. I think the way we're playing right now is really hurting him.

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Oh my God- another player being written off after his first 45 minutes in a Hibs jersey. What a place this is.

I recall another full back being written off after 1 friendly a number of years ago- David Murphy.

do you have an opinion on his performance yourself or are you happier keeping your head down?

MyJo
02-10-2016, 04:07 PM
McGinn's performance wasn't up to his usual high standards but he wasn't as bad as some are making out.

And i can't believe anyone was surprised Shinnie was subbed, he was dreadful today with the exception of one good backheel. Seems to get some sort of vertigo when he gets into the opposition box and refuses to shoot on goal, just what we need from an attacking midfielder.

emerald green
02-10-2016, 04:10 PM
I've seen 500 worse performances from Hibs players that McGinns today. What a nonsense exaggeration.

:agree: Me too. Does anyone remember the performances of the players that took us down into his league in the first place? They were a disgrace.

That said, John McGinn was very poor today by his previous standards. He has lost form. Hopefully he can get it back soon.

Stevie Reid
02-10-2016, 04:13 PM
McGinn was poor, but no worse than McGeough.

Shrekko
02-10-2016, 04:27 PM
do you have an opinion on his performance yourself or are you happier keeping your head down?

I thought he looked like a player who hadn't played first team football for a long time and United certainly tried to exploit that. I'm definitely willing to give him a few games more before writing him off. He's been at some decent clubs in the past.

Add Gunnarson to the list of players written off on here after 1 game btw. Yet many wanted him signed long term after he settled in.

45 minutes of football just isn't enough to judge a player IMO. Can't see what the argument against that really is?

gjb
02-10-2016, 04:28 PM

And gets put in goals.
looks tired to me could maybe do with warming the bench for a couple of weeks recharge the batteries

Ronniekirk
02-10-2016, 04:32 PM
What??

So you never saw Benny Brazil

Frogga
02-10-2016, 04:54 PM
John was very good last week v QOS so I'm not convinced it's a 'form' issue.

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 04:59 PM
I thought he looked like a player who hadn't played first team football for a long time and United certainly tried to exploit that. I'm definitely willing to give him a few games more before writing him off. He's been at some decent clubs in the past.

Add Gunnarson to the list of players written off on here after 1 game btw. Yet many wanted him signed long term after he settled in.

45 minutes of football just isn't enough to judge a player IMO. Can't see what the argument against that really is?

You're going to struggle trying to enforce any guidelines banning people from discussing someone's performance over a half. At what point are we allowed to judge him? 60 mins? :faf: he was a liability today. Which, if you ask me, is a worry.

I actually take your point about Gunnarson. His debut vs Falkirk was horrible and he turned it round. Hopefully the same applies here.

skipster7
02-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Almost like he wants to take the pee out his marker with that turn which looks great when it comes off but he was trying it every time and was sussed out. Must have lost possession 5/6 times at least when he could easily have passed and moved. Frustrating.

MWHIBBIES
02-10-2016, 05:34 PM
You're going to struggle trying to enforce any guidelines banning people from discussing someone's performance over a half. At what point are we allowed to judge him? 60 mins? :faf: he was a liability today. Which, if you ask me, is a worry.

I actually take your point about Gunnarson. His debut vs Falkirk was horrible and he turned it round. Hopefully the same applies here.His debut vs Raith was worse :greengrin

ballengeich
02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I think McGinn's not judging properly when to do something simple to keep possession and when to use his exceptional skill to do the out of the ordinary. He's hitting long passes which get intercepted when there's an easy short one on and trying to beat individual opponents in areas too far out from the opponent's goal for success to be really dangerous.

He should be a standout in this division if he gets the right help. Over to Mr Lennon to coach him on better decision making.

Smartie
02-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I think McGinn's not judging properly when to do something simple to keep possession and when to use his exceptional skill to do the out of the ordinary. He's hitting long passes which get intercepted when there's an easy short one on and trying to beat individual opponents in areas too far out from the opponent's goal for success to be really dangerous.

He should be a standout in this division if he gets the right help. Over to Mr Lennon to coach him on better decision making.

I don't think he has enough movement or options wide and ahead of him and it's leading to him taking too many touches and getting caught.

I don't see the easy balls that he's passing up in favour of doing the difficult thing.

I could see when Scott Allan was neglecting the simple pass in favour of the difficult but not McGinn.

NAE NOOKIE
02-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Was going to read the whole thread before commenting, but I got to this and had to ...... are you joking? .... McGeouch wasn't brilliant by any means, but that's just rubbish, McGeouch was on the ball loads of times and at least tried to get forward, including one run in the first half where he went past about 4 players, only to end a great run with a poor shot.

Your username is pretty apt mate :bitchy:

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2016, 06:20 PM
The count of McGinn's poor games is quickly rising. Expectations of him are maybe too high and he needs a break.

J-C
02-10-2016, 06:24 PM
The count of McGinn's poor games is quickly rising. Expectations of him are maybe too high and he needs a break.

I'm struggling to remember him dominating a game since he was first called up for Scotland, he was struggling near the end of last season but I put that down to being overplayed as Stubbs didn't change things around enough, this season is becoming a worry as he's really fell behind.

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 06:39 PM
His debut vs Raith was worse :greengrin

Theres always some bassa spoiling things with their damn accuracy :grr:

B.H.F.C
02-10-2016, 06:57 PM

I'm no sure he needs a break. He just needs to get back to basics.

Lennon talked about decision making in his post match interview and McGinn is making a lot of bad decisions just now. He's trying to go past a man every time he has the ball. Today he played 2 or 3 crazy square passes. And he's really reluctant to shoot.

I think he just needs to relax, play the game and stop trying to win it on his own which I feel he's trying to do at times.

Jones28
02-10-2016, 07:04 PM

One thing that really bugged me was whenever he gave the ball to Mcgeouch or fyvie he just stood waiting for a return when there was so much space down the line!

How I miss the days of Murphy and whittiker - have this team even heard of an overlap?

Smartie
02-10-2016, 07:10 PM
One thing that really bugged me was whenever he gave the ball to Mcgeouch or fyvie he just stood waiting for a return when there was so much space down the line!

How I miss the days of Murphy and whittiker - have this team even heard of an overlap?

There was also the time where he and McGeough were practically falling over each other getting in each other's way to receive the same pass.

I think I want to give him the benefit of the doubt - it was his first game, he hasn't played with these players before and hasn't played for a while.

His credentials are decent enough and whilst his performance wasn't perfect, I don't think it was bad enough to merit some of the criticism coming his way.

Agree with you about players bombing forward btw. I'd almost be tempted to play Boyle at RB if Gray needs to go off. There was a bucketload of space ahead of him at times today.

FitbaFolkKen
02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
I actually thought our midfield three were not that bad today. McGinn had a couple of driving runs first half but he faded badly second half and got caught on the ball a few times, he was poor by his standards but the overreaction on this thread is ridiculous.

I thought Dylan was trying like a bear today, he had a couple of runs that ended with shots on target but there were other things that just didn;t come off. I think the best example of the frustration today was in the middle of the second half he took the ball beat a man looked for a pass, nothing on, beat another man, same again and eventually forced back. Then there was confusion when he wanted Eardley to batter down the wing and he didn't move.

And those writing off Eardley after 45 minutes amaze me.

JimBHibees
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM
I actually thought our midfield three were not that bad today. McGinn had a couple of driving runs first half but he faded badly second half and got caught on the ball a few times, he was poor by his standards but the overreaction on this thread is ridiculous.

I thought Dylan was trying like a bear today, he had a couple of runs that ended with shots on target but there were other things that just didn;t come off. I think the best example of the frustration today was in the middle of the second half he took the ball beat a man looked for a pass, nothing on, beat another man, same again and eventually forced back. Then there was confusion when he wanted Eardley to batter down the wing and he didn't move.

And those writing off Eardley after 45 minutes amaze me.

Earsdley looked good to me considering he hasn't played for ages.

Jones28
02-10-2016, 07:23 PM
There was also the time where he and McGeough were practically falling over each other getting in each other's way to receive the same pass.

I think I want to give him the benefit of the doubt - it was his first game, he hasn't played with these players before and hasn't played for a while.

His credentials are decent enough and whilst his performance wasn't perfect, I don't think it was bad enough to merit some of the criticism coming his way.

Agree with you about players bombing forward btw. I'd almost be tempted to play Boyle at RB if Gray needs to go off. There was a bucketload of space ahead of him at times today.

No doubt Boyle would be a decent shout to play on the right - he's got the pace and trickery, but think he would maybe someone like Eardsley or Gray to back him up defensively

J-C
02-10-2016, 07:33 PM
No doubt Boyle would be a decent shout to play on the right - he's got the pace and trickery, but think he would maybe someone like Eardsley or Gray to back him up defensively

Unfortunately Lennon decided to play Boyle on the left which also meant he cut inside instead of going past his man. :confused:

GordonHFC
02-10-2016, 07:43 PM
What??

You've not been watching them long then.

Albanian Hibs
02-10-2016, 07:54 PM
What??

Nonsense

Shrekko
02-10-2016, 08:11 PM

I actually take your point about Gunnarson. His debut vs Falkirk was horrible and he turned it round. Hopefully the same applies here.

Sorry, can you actually quote the bit where I said people should be banned for doing that? No, obviously you can't because I said nothing of the sort- so stop making stuff up. If people want to make snap judgements thats up to them but as Gunnarson showed, it's just ridiculous.

Henrik Larsson had a well remembered poor debut and there's umpteen other examples. The guy hasn't played for ages and was thrown in at the deep end. I'm sure Lennon would have preferred to blood him next week instead but it happened. Yes I agree he was very shaky but hardly surprising. You go ahead and write him off though.

we are hibs
02-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Can't believe some of these posts. Shinnie was the worst player on the park today by a distance. Utterly woeful and wouldn't put a foot into a tackle. At least mcgeouch tried to add a bit of pace and urgency. McGinn was shocking today but to say "he's been poor for months" is nonsense. He was our 2nd best player in the final behind stokes and was superb in brondby.

hibsbollah
02-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Sorry, can you actually quote the bit where I said people should be banned for doing that? No, obviously you can't because I said nothing of the sort- so stop making stuff up. If people want to make snap judgements thats up to them but as Gunnarson showed, it's just ridiculous.

Henrik Larsson had a well remembered poor debut and there's umpteen other examples. The guy hasn't played for ages and was thrown in at the deep end. I'm sure Lennon would have preferred to blood him next week instead but it happened. Yes I agree he was very shaky but hardly surprising. You go ahead and write him off though.

You appear to have dropped your little handbag.

Dom'sFirstTouch
02-10-2016, 09:23 PM
It was a(nother) poor performance from McGinn, certainly by the standards he's set since he came here, but some of the comments are way over the top.

frazeHFC
03-10-2016, 09:37 AM
By the end of the match every time he had the ball he gave it away. Awful performance, looked tired though (which I thought about a few of our players).

JDHibs
03-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Problem for McGinn is hes now a target. He wasnt the first half of last season then people cottoned on that he was a great player. Which is when his impact as a player dropped.

For example, he was fouled 3 times in the opening 7 minutes yesterday. That continued throughout the game, consistent fouling, wee kicks and getting 2 or 3 players on him at once. Happens every week now.

Hes our best midfielder on his day, you can see flashes of it everytime he touches the ball, he almost always beats his man, some of his passing yesterday was, awful, but hes still a good player.

Craig_HFC
03-10-2016, 09:50 AM
What??

This is one of the worst posts I've seen from a hibs.net poster in all my time reading them.

Smartie
03-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Problem for McGinn is hes now a target. He wasnt the first half of last season then people cottoned on that he was a great player. Which is when his impact as a player dropped.

For example, he was fouled 3 times in the opening 7 minutes yesterday. That continued throughout the game, consistent fouling, wee kicks and getting 2 or 3 players on him at once. Happens every week now.

Hes our best midfielder on his day, you can see flashes of it everytime he touches the ball, he almost always beats his man, some of his passing yesterday was, awful, but hes still a good player.

Fair points, but if you have one player inviting that kind of attention you'd hope that we could exploit teams elsewhere. All of our midfielders were below par to a greater or lesser extent yesterday.

I don't think we've worked out what to do with Shinnie yet. Poor all-round performance from him yesterday but a sublime ball for our goal, the kind of pass and movement we have been crying out for.

TonyStokeprano
03-10-2016, 10:30 AM
This is one of the worst posts I've seen from a hibs.net poster in all my time reading them.

Agreed

Borderhibbie76
03-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Writing a new player off based in 45 mins of action..a new .net record dearie me

ancient hibee
03-10-2016, 05:31 PM

You have to ask if we are awash with central midfielders what they are doing when McGinn has 3 players on him.

J-C
03-10-2016, 05:35 PM
You have to ask if we are awash with central midfielders what they are doing when McGinn has 3 players on him.

Not moving into a space so McGinn can pass to them, all too static at times, hence no pace to the game.

ancient hibee
03-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Yep,keep the ball moving.

Paisley Hibby
03-10-2016, 05:47 PM
What??

Comedy gold!!! You'll hook a few with that one - or at least assuming you ARE joking??

southern hibby
05-10-2016, 03:44 PM

100% this, except that what's the point of going forward down the wing when most passed balls out wide go behind our players or they have to stop and wait for the ball to get there.

Why can't we seem to pass a ball forward so players can run onto it????

GGTTH

AgentDaleCooper
05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
100% this, except that what's the point of going forward down the wing when most passed balls out wide go behind our players or they have to stop and wait for the ball to get there.

Why can't we seem to pass a ball forward so players can run onto it????

GGTTH

this is something i've wondered about. although fivies pass to stokes in the cup final lead to the corner, with henderson to deliver......i still don't totally know why he didn't pass it to stokes earlier, rather than wait for tavernier to get goal side of him again?

monktonharp
06-10-2016, 12:46 AM
What??

That was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Hibs player in all my time watching them.not read any,other than the 4 before yours but that is ridiculous. he had a bad game, agreed. probably top of the 3 normal poor games he has, out of say 30 games. lets drop him for half a dozen, until he gets his form back eh?

:rolleyes:

Beefster
06-10-2016, 05:54 AM
I honestly didn't think he was that bad.

McGinn wasn't great but he wasn't that bad, you're right. It's hibs.net though so folk have to try to outdo each other with more and more extreme statements about just how bad he was.

Northernhibee
06-10-2016, 05:58 AM
this is something i've wondered about. although fivies pass to stokes in the cup final lead to the corner, with henderson to deliver......i still don't totally know why he didn't pass it to stokes earlier, rather than wait for tavernier to get goal side of him again?

Because the gap for that pass was closing.

H18 SFR
06-10-2016, 06:26 AM
McGinn wasn't great but he wasn't that bad, you're right. It's hibs.net though so folk have to try to outdo each other with more and more extreme statements about just how bad he was.

We've discussed this many times at home, came to the conclusion that he fancied smashing a drive and going for glory. Glad he didn't.

h185forever
06-10-2016, 06:36 AM
I've not read thru this as I hate seeing our players run down by our own fans, who are supposed to support the team.

So apologies if someone else noted this. I find it interesting that his dip in form seems to coincide with his Scotland cap.

I seem to remember something similar happening to fletch but he came thru it .....so keep the faith and support the laddie thru it ....anything else just isn't Hibs class.

danhibees1875
06-10-2016, 06:49 AM

Very likely to have been intercepted had he gone for that pass I reckon.

JimBHibees
07-10-2016, 06:39 AM

Yep the little delay made it an easier pass, if he had tried to pass earlier more than likely would have been intercepted.