PDA

View Full Version : Attritional

lord bunberry
01-10-2016, 09:34 PM
This fight with Cleverly is brutal. 2 absolute gladiators.

Mon Dieu4
01-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Well done Cleverly, the pace he set was unreal, the class was from Braehmer but for sheer swarming someone Cleverly did well

lord bunberry
01-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Or maybe not. What was that all about? Surely a champion doesn't go out on his stool! Well done Nathan Cleverly, champion of the world.

Mon Dieu4
01-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Or maybe not. What was that all about? Surely a champion doesn't go out on his stool! Well done Nathan Cleverly, champion of the world.

Dislocated elbow for Braehmer

lord bunberry
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Dislocated elbow for Braehmer
I saw that as well, but do you not get the feeling from watching the events unfold that he was looking for an excuse? I might be doing the guy down here, but I thought he didn't look up for the fight and he took the easy way out.

Mon Dieu4
01-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I saw that as well, but do you not get the feeling from watching the events unfold that he was looking for an excuse? I might be doing the guy down here, but I thought he didn't look up for the fight and he took the easy way out.

Thought the same, he was looking more tired than he was letting on around the end of the 5th, although he was having the better shots I think Cleverly's work rate would have got him in the later rounds

lord bunberry
01-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Thought the same, he was looking more tired than he was letting on around the end of the 5th, although he was having the better shots I think Cleverly's work rate would have got him in the later rounds
Absolutely, I thought Cleverly was coming on strong

#FromTheCapital
01-10-2016, 10:33 PM

Not sure he would've been able to keep that work rate up. Lots of punches with little power and accuracy. Bramer was landing the more effective punches. A good scrap that I would've liked to continue, but apparently Bramer dislocated his elbow.

Is it just me that cringes when he's referred to as world champion? It's absolutely ridiculous that the WBA have a regular and a super champion. There's already numerous world titles out there without them diluting it even further within their own rankings.