PDA

View Full Version : Arriving late

j'adore hibs
01-10-2016, 12:53 PM
What's the script if you arrive post kick off ? Are gates open throughout game? Both my kids have games on sundY with
One finishing at 12 so either he makes his own way or we all wait ! Never been late to a game before as far as I recall

Billy Whizz
01-10-2016, 01:09 PM
What's the script if you arrive post kick off ? Are gates open throughout game? Both my kids have games on sundY with
One finishing at 12 so either he makes his own way or we all wait ! Never been late to a game before as far as I recall

I'm sure you'll be fine to get in
Remember they let the smokers out at half time, if you're likely to be that late

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2016, 01:12 PM
The last time I arrived late was before the automated entry system, all the turnstiles were closed apart from one, so I'm guessing they leave one open for stragglers ... that was the FF.

jgl07
01-10-2016, 02:15 PM
I was flying back from London to get to a cup replay against Cowdenbeath. Due to delays, despite getting a taxi from the airport, I didn't arrive until just before half time to hear the roar as Pat McGinlay scored the only goal of the game. I had to go half way round the stadium to find a turnstile open. I then had a further trek to get into the family enclosure where my son was waiting for me.

GreenCastle
01-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I arrived at the east at half time a few weeks ago. Got in just as they were shutting gates at bottom to let smokers out at half time.

Just tell them you have travelled far and want to be let in and I'm sure you will be fine.

GordonHFC
01-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Normally they will close all gates with the exception of one.

Onceinawhile
01-10-2016, 02:36 PM
That was certainly the script v dunfermline. One left open.

hibee
01-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Going to be a lot of this on Sunday with the kick off time as most kids teams play early Sunday.

I've got 3 season tickets I can't use as unlikely to finish the kids football until 12 so will probably have to just go home and watch on tv.

mutley
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Looks like I'll be late tomorrow, anyone know which gate stays open in the East?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
01-10-2016, 06:05 PM
I'll be driving like a loon to get there for 12. Will be more than one boy still with their boys club colours on with muddy grassy knees tomorrow :greengrin

Iggy Pope
01-10-2016, 06:26 PM
I'll be driving like a loon to get there for 12. Will be more than one boy still with their boys club colours on with muddy grassy knees tomorrow :greengrin

Take a pair of trackie bottoms for him.

Nothing like the same but I went straight to ER last season for the Huns game on the Sunday lunchtime after doing the Mens 10K. Drove straight there from Murrayfield and win aside, I've never felt quite so keek at a game!

frazeHFC
02-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Brothers match has gone into extra time which is an absolute nightmare for this kick off time which was already tight.