PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Club Cup Party Night

Stantons Angel
01-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Just want to thank the committee of the Supporters Association for organising another great Cup night last night in the clubrooms.

Its funny how that game of football on 21st May has galvanised the Hibs support, enough to gather last night to relive the emotion of that great day.

160 Hibbies turned up watch the whole game on a big screen. Even though you knew the outcome of the game, you still sat on the edge of your seat just waiting for something to happen. The noise from the film of the game was met with equal gusto from those present when the goals went in .

The Warburton song was in full swing along with the "tribute" to Andy Halliday and with the usual matchday renderings fueling the excitement.

Looking around me i saw supporters sing, sway and congratulate each other on winning a game that was won many months ago. The euphoria lives on!

The old lady (i dont mean me) was present too, resplendant in her green and white ribbons. Our Frank stood guard over her and took photos of people with her. Thanks to Frank for bringing the cup along much to the delight of those present.

The organisers put on a smashing bufett and the disco later belted out the old Hibs songs which where well received. The singing nearly took the roof off.

Overall a great night out with good friends all there for the same thing. To celebrate winning THAT cup.

Well done to the committee and to those who attended you made a good night Great!!!

franks
01-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Just want to thank the committee of the Supporters Association for organising another great Cup night last night in the clubrooms.

Its funny how that game of football on 21st May has galvanised the Hibs support, enough to gather last night to relive the emotion of that great day.

160 Hibbies turned up watch the whole game on a big screen. Even though you knew the outcome of the game, you still sat on the edge of your seat just waiting for something to happen. The noise from the film of the game was met with equal gusto from those present when the goals went in .

The Warburton song was in full swing along with the "tribute" to Andy Halliday and with the usual matchday renderings fueling the excitement.

Looking around me i saw supporters sing, sway and congratulate each other on winning a game that was won many months ago. The euphoria lives on!

The old lady (i dont mean me) was present too, resplendant in her green and white ribbons. Our Frank stood guard over her and took photos of people with her. Thanks to Frank for bringing the cup along much to the delight of those present.

The organisers put on a smashing bufett and the disco later belted out the old Hibs songs which where well received. The singing nearly took the roof off.

Overall a great night out with good friends all there for the same thing. To celebrate winning THAT cup.

Well done to the committee and to those who attended you made a good night Great!!!

Agree 100% but suffering a bit now, well worth it though.

FranckSuzy
01-10-2016, 04:55 PM
It was a great night and good to have a wee blether with you, J :thumbsup:

Leith's finest
01-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Any idea if anymore planned

Stantons Angel
01-10-2016, 10:32 PM
It was a great night and good to have a wee blether with you, J :thumbsup:

Same here, nice to get to know you too. x

FranckSuzy
01-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Any idea if anymore planned

There's a dinner in Nov planned :aok:

monktonharp
01-10-2016, 11:02 PM
was a good event. had to leave a bit early, but it was going big style when I left. the dance flair was bouncin' like the auld Cav :greengrin big Dougan, was like a sentinel, next to the cup.:aok:

linlithgowhibbie
01-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Wished I had known it was on!!!!:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
02-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Tried to get a ticket but was sold out - hope consideration will be given to having a repeat.