PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Allan

since90plustwo
30-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Stubbsy & Allan romance seems to have completely died. What a waste of talent...

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/28/rotherham-manager-alan-stubbs-criticises-loan-celtic-midfielder-scott-allans-attitude/

Onion
30-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Waste of talent and one of the players who could have been a legend at ER had he stuck around.

Hope Stubbsie turns it around. Good guy and Hibs Hero.

Northernhibee
30-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Would like Stubbsy to be succesful. Scott Allan can rot in amateur leagues for all I care, the disrespect he showed to our club after we got his career back on track against all odds can't be forgiven.

Mr White
30-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Great talent but poor attitude. He'll regret it once the money runs out.

MWHIBBIES
30-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Allan is overrated. He didn't give 100% for us when we were winning so I'm not surprised he is slacking when the going gets tough.

Haymaker
30-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Wasted talent.

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Stubbsy & Allan romance seems to have completely died. What a waste of talent...

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/28/rotherham-manager-alan-stubbs-criticises-loan-celtic-midfielder-scott-allans-attitude/

Its a real shame he has so much talent yet seems to want to see out his career without allowing everyone to see it.

Maybe there is a psychological defect somewhere in his makeup.

Or maybe just a good kick up the backside.

Mr White
30-09-2016, 06:55 PM

Hun syndrome. A grotesquely bloated sense of self entitlement that leads the sufferer to expect anything and everything to be handed on a plate with minimal effort on their part and no shame whatsoever if someone else is left to pick up the bill.

hfc rd
30-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Great talent but poor attitude. He'll regret it once the money runs out.

This. A talented player but has a very poor attitude that is going to destroy his career. Only has himself to blame.

hibbytam
30-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Looking back, I can't believe we got Henderson and McGeoch for him. And money. Insane.

lord bunberry
30-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Would like Stubbsy to be succesful. Scott Allan can rot in amateur leagues for all I care, the disrespect he showed to our club after we got his career back on track against all odds can't be forgiven.
I think that's a bit harsh. Allan always came across as someone who seemed pretty genuine, but not that bright. He's a cracking football player who has been badly advised imo. I'd love to see him realise what he had at hibs and come back here and commit his future to us.

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Hun syndrome. A grotesquely bloated sense of self entitlement that leads the sufferer to expect anything and everything to be handed on a plate with minimal effort on their part and no shame whatsoever if someone else is left to pick up the bill.

:top marks

They have no shame and a delusional sense of self-aggrandisement. Very well put Sir.

GGTTH

Jim44
30-09-2016, 07:08 PM
I think that's a bit harsh. Allan always came across as someone who seemed pretty genuine, but not that bright. He's a cracking football player who has been badly advised imo. I'd love to see him realise what he had at hibs and come back here and commit his future to us.

I admire your loyalty to the guy but I think it is misplaced. He seems to be a lost cause and hope he never returns to ER.

lord bunberry
30-09-2016, 07:14 PM
I admire your loyalty to the guy but I think it is misplaced. He seems to be a lost cause and hope he never returns to ER.
At some point in his career he's going to have to admit to himself that moving from club to club isn't working for him. He's got the talent to be a regular in the Scotland team, but it's not going to happen for him down south.

Mr White
30-09-2016, 07:21 PM
At some point in his career he's going to have to admit to himself that moving from club to club isn't working for him. He's got the talent to be a regular in the Scotland team, but it's not going to happen for him down south.

It's just not going to happen at all imo.

lord bunberry
30-09-2016, 07:24 PM
It's just not going to happen at all imo.
Possibly not, but he has got the talent.

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Looking back, I can't believe we got Henderson and McGeoch for him. And money. Insane.

:agree: Brilliant bit of business.

I'd still take him back though, I liked him.

hibbytam
30-09-2016, 07:27 PM
:agree: Brilliant bit of business.

I'd still take him back though, I liked him.

Nah. I prefer Henderson. He delivers......

Mr White
30-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Possibly not, but he has got the talent.

I don't think anyone would question that.

lucky
30-09-2016, 07:34 PM
I think SA is a cracking player who I hope can find his form as he should be a Scotland regular

jacomo
30-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Its a real shame he has so much talent yet seems to want to see out his career without allowing everyone to see it.

Or maybe just a good kick up the backside.

He's not the first and won't be the last. Some footballers can have a good career without having the right attitude and dedication, but not many.

Allan is, what, 25? And only played one decent season of football in his career. I seriously doubt he's going to amount to anything.

Glory Lurker
30-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Massively over-rated, with a bad attitude. No loss at all when he left ER.

Mr White
30-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Bad attitude? Definitely. Over-rated? I don't think so. On his day (4 nil v his boyhoods for example) he showed how good he could be and was deservedly player of the year. I agree with your last point though which proves the old saying of hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Broken Gnome
30-09-2016, 07:48 PM
I'd let him off if he didn't go out his way and plaster himself all over Hibs TV saying he was staying, when you could've seen a Rangers bid for him coming the minute the 4-0 game began.

Famous Fiver
30-09-2016, 07:51 PM
I'd have him back at Easter Road any time.

No going to happen though.

Still think he'll end up at H*nbrox.

Captain Trips
30-09-2016, 07:53 PM
F+++ him.

GreenNWhiteArmy
30-09-2016, 08:01 PM

👍 absolutely spot on

Hibs Class
30-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I think SA is a cracking player who I hope can find his form as he should be a Scotland regular

Agree. He is an excellent player, hugely talented. He either had his priorities wrong or listened to awful advice. I think he chased cash over progress, when if he had sought progress the cash would have followed. Would still like to see him succeed.

SunshineOnLeith
30-09-2016, 08:32 PM

I think it's fair enough to defend a player like that if they chase the money early in their career once, only for it not to work out. But Allan had a second chance at Hibs and made exactly the same mistake again.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Give it 3 years and he'll be the next Sunday Mail/Daily Record poster boy who makes a living out of giving interviews blaming everyone else for how it went wrong.

Great player but terrible attitude. It's no coincedence he's attracted some form of bother everywhere he has been.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Did he used to play for us?

Glory Lurker
30-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Did he used to play for us?

:top marks

keep the faith
30-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Fantastic player for us. Him then being a twat doesn't change that.
Was a joy to watch over that season and despite our team being more balanced now, no one has that game changing ability he had. I honestly miss watching him in our midfield.

He should have stayed at ER and fulfilled his potential. I have no doubt he would be in the Scotland squad with mcginn now. Daft lad.

easty
30-09-2016, 09:05 PM

He wasn't "no loss". He was our best player, and the best player in the league that season.

Definitely has a bad attitude though.

The_Horde
30-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Was good for us when he had something to prove. Now he thinks he's the don again his effort has waned. Good riddance.

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2016, 09:11 PM
A decent player during his time with us, he's moved on and I couldn't care less how he gets on. No good having talent if you haven't got the attitude to apply it.

30-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Brilliant talent but when he started his carry on at us the moment rangers tried to turn his head with a measly offer did it for me. I never like to see wasted talent so I hope he grows up a bit.

Glory Lurker
30-09-2016, 09:26 PM
He wasn't "no loss". He was our best player, and the best player in the league that season.

Definitely has a bad attitude though.

I genuinely didn't rate him the way as others did. His departure did not upset me at all, in fact I was pleased to see him go after the way he behaved towards the end.

Highland_Hibee
30-09-2016, 09:42 PM
I liked him as a player and it was a pleasure to see him when he was on form for us. However I can't wish him well. He has no sense of direction with his career. We gave him a platform to relaunch it and he goes and throws himself into a position where he will have to do it all again. In the end we came out better off. Scott Allan came out of it a hun hated by huns. Well done Scotty, well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
30-09-2016, 09:51 PM
He clearly couldn't handle the challenge from Cummings in the cute hair competition.
He must look at Squirrel and think "if he can get a game" then surely my hair would have been an automatic pick.

He may still have a future at Barnet.
Or Wigan.

.Sean.
30-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Good enough for the little Weegie rat

Thecat23
30-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Clearly has issues but the lads ability was unreal at times.

Andy74
30-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Sometimes you should see something out when it's working well.

Total rat. One year into two years having never played regularly and he couldn't see it out. Deserves to disappear now.

Northernhibee
30-09-2016, 10:25 PM
If he'd stayed one more year he'd have been a cup winning club legend. Instead he's not even a bench warmer.

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2016, 10:48 PM

Teenagers and youngsters are 'badly advised'. When it happens repeatedly to grown men, the name we give to them is 'fools'.

Allan seems to be repeating the same mistakes over and over again, when there are plenty of new exciting ones to be dished out by life. Doesn't auger well for his footballing career, a decent chunk of which he's already *****ed away.

Waxy
30-09-2016, 10:56 PM
He's our greatest ever transfer out.

monktonharp
30-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Agree. He is an excellent player, hugely talented. He either had his priorities wrong or listened to awful advice. I think he chased cash over progress, when if he had sought progress the cash would have followed. Would still like to see him succeed.would be quite happy to see him unsucceed! wee tit, thinks he's better than he is and his mercenary actions to get big bucks tells the story. he has no clue where he wants to be, and plays like a right fud, so that he can move to the next club. ok, he might have had "advice" of some sorts but it's time he manned up and got a bloody grip. agents, well they want their 10% . I could be an agent, if the majority of players were as thick as this wee erse.

givescotlandfreedom
30-09-2016, 11:03 PM
How many young Scottish players have there been - especially at Hibs - who have bags of ability and talent but end up being let down by their bad attitude and behaviour?Unfortunately I think we're seeing another one develop here.

Rivers Cuomo
30-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Stick on to end up back at us after he fails down the ladder as a last ditch attempt to replicate the best period of his career.

Jim44
30-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Stick on to end up back at us after he fails down the ladder as a last ditch attempt to replicate the best period of his career.

No chance. Where do you get that from? He's blown any chance of a career so why should we be landed with a dud?

Fritz
30-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Sad to see in my opinion. All you can ask is that a player gives it his best when he plays for the team. Allan did that for us. He was a great player for us that year. Would I take him over McGinn and Mcgeough (and Henderson last season)? No. Would I take him in addition to those playears? Absolutely. I don't understand the vitriol that gets handed out to these guys. He never claimed to be a Hibs fan and gave us good service. We were good for him and him for us. Why take it personally when he left? I guarantee all those leaving him without a name now would be beside themselves if he came back. It's football.

snooky
30-09-2016, 11:35 PM
No chance. Where do you get that from? He's blown any chance of a career so why should we be landed with a dud?

As far as SA goes, I think the drawbridge into ER has been well and truly raised.
He'll probably end up with the team he loves or maybe go back to the Arabs.

Bostonhibby
01-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Hun, or he said he was until he found out they had no money.

Half decent player, will end up back in Scotland when he proves not to have whatever it takes to cut it at rotheringham or wherever he is now

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
01-10-2016, 12:09 AM

Agreed

AZhibee
01-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Not much different than what NL is doing with Cummings, just a louder message. Hope he does well enough to help AS...then falls off the radar.

GreenLake
01-10-2016, 05:56 AM
Bench Boy

Pete
01-10-2016, 06:08 AM
Sad to see in my opinion. All you can ask is that a player gives it his best when he plays for the team. Allan did that for us. He was a great player for us that year. Would I take him over McGinn and Mcgeough (and Henderson last season)? No. Would I take him in addition to those playears? Absolutely. I don't understand the vitriol that gets handed out to these guys. He never claimed to be a Hibs fan and gave us good service. We were good for him and him for us. Why take it personally when he left? I guarantee all those leaving him without a name now would be beside themselves if he came back. It's football.

Agree. Also, lets not forget that every day is a battle with his illness and it takes more effort to get to the personal heights than it normally would.

He was, and still is a fantastic player who would be a credit to any team. As for Rotherham...I can't blame him for being uninspired. The boy is an artist.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Agree. Also, lets not forget that every day is a battle with his illness and it takes more effort to get to the personal heights than it normally would.

He was, and still is a fantastic player who would be a credit to any team. As for Rotherham...I can't blame him for being uninspired. The boy is an artist.Sums up his attitude and what Stubbs is on about. He's meant to be a professional football player but his attitude is anything but.

we are hibs
01-10-2016, 07:43 AM
He didn't want to be here; he actively looked for a way to leave the club at his Benifit and our loss. **** him. I hope he fails and ends up on the scrapheep.

Beefster
01-10-2016, 07:49 AM
There's something slightly depressing about middle-aged men queueing up to wish an ex-Hibs player in his early twenties, who did a great job for us btw, ill at some random opportunity.

Captain Trips
01-10-2016, 07:49 AM
He did well for a season to help get us promoted, he then did well to try and get away from us and join a club to stop us going up.

Looking at the players at Hibs, very decent. Taking into account his several other seasons then he aint all he is cracked up to be.

I personally think Hibs did well for him and he showed us very little respect. I do not care a jot how his career goes.

Northernhibee
01-10-2016, 08:01 AM
There's something slightly depressing about middle-aged men queueing up to wish an ex-Hibs player in his early twenties, who did a great job for us btw, ill at some random opportunity.

Oh, all your Matty Dones who tried on loan, your Spoonys who served us well, even your Junior Agogo that just weren't good enough I wish well. He deliberately unsettled us and tried to force a move to our promotion rivals for a value well below his true worth in a very public manner. Scott Allan can ram it.

O'Rourke3
01-10-2016, 08:17 AM
I'll support anyone who pulls on that green jersey. Allan came with a rep and for about a year it looked as though he'd done some growing up. Unfortunately his mates, agent perhaps and some respectful tapping via a docile press turned his head and amazingly got a better deal than the dream move imagined. I don't think he'll be back but I'd support him if he did. As it turned out we got better players so he'll have to deal with that outcome. I loved him here. He was prepared to try difficult things to unlock teams. He was direct and what we needed after a litany of managers scared to lose games which we usually did as the manager made the defenders more scared than everyone else....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
01-10-2016, 08:25 AM

:agree: Can't get my head around folk who are old enough to be grandparents and have watched football for decades being so full of hate towards young laddies.

snooky
01-10-2016, 08:28 AM
No doubt SA had a bit of class on the park. Unfortunately he lacked that attribute off it. Can't deny I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play during his prime time at ER.
He's just a memory now.

Hiber-nation
01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Oh, all your Matty Dones who tried on loan, your Spoonys who served us well, even your Junior Agogo that just weren't good enough I wish well. He deliberately unsettled us and tried to force a move to our promotion rivals for a value well below his true worth in a very public manner. Scott Allan can ram it.

Way too far.

Loved watching Scott Allan, daft laddie but great player for us.

scotiaf
01-10-2016, 08:57 AM
I'd be delighted if he came back here, yes he tried to get a move to rangers are probably atleast treble his salary.

Can you blame the guy ?

I would imagine Rangers had a word with him and his agent on the sly etc

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2016, 09:04 AM
I'd be delighted if he came back here, yes he tried to get a move to rangers are probably atleast treble his salary.

Can you blame the guy ?

i've not saw any posts that blame any player hoping for three times the salary they are on, it's the way his agent(with SA's permission i would assume) used the media to make our club look like the bad guys:rolleyes:

nah, surely not

:)

H18 SFR
01-10-2016, 09:23 AM
At the end of the day he's had one solitary good season in the SPFL championship and he is 25 years old.

That's a shocking summary, he is very lucky to be at Celtic/Rotherham based on the minimal football he's played in his career.

01-10-2016, 09:25 AM

Agree. A huge slap in the face to Allan Stubbs and hibs who had given him a chance and revived his career. Rangers submitted an utterly pathetic bid which they knew fine well hibs wouldn't accept but the aim was to turn Allans head and sway him into submitting a transfer request. Was very disappointing how Allan took the bait.

I don't wish him ill at all and if he can revive his career again somewhere then good luck to him but I don't have any time for the guy anymore. Great talent for us and a joy to watch at times but I felt he acted like a sulky brat at the end when hibs refused to bow to rangers pathetic games.

Forza Fred
01-10-2016, 09:43 AM
I thought Stubbsie's signing of Allan was always going to backfire.

Rotherham needed, and still need grafters to fight their way out of relegation trouble.

Allan was talented, but close to non existent when it came to defensive duties.

In a side that was almost constantly chasing to remain in the game, he was never going to be a success.

Says as much about the management's judgement as it does about Allan's ability.

He's not the only signing made by AS that is either on the bench or not considered, and I don't think the Rotherham chairman will not have noticed this

As for Allan, he'll eventually be let loose from Celtic and have to face reality, and a much reduced monthly pay check.

madhatter
01-10-2016, 09:47 AM
£££££££ is all he cares about and The Rangers.

I feel a slight urge to apologise for the sentence that will follow but I won't as many kids dream to be footballers and it's sad to see wasters making it and then doing, as their description implies, waste it:

Scott Allan, please continue to destroy your career systematically. I hope for your sake you have done some studying as you'll need a job once your career ends...let's be honest you are not the most intellectual.

Smartie
01-10-2016, 09:48 AM
What a waste of talent.

He was a joy to watch. Yes, he had his weaknesses (defending never being his thing) but Stubbs built a team that accommodated his weaknesses. He only needed to make one or two decent decisions and he could have been set up for life.

The guy is a cretin, and it is painful that his ability is wasted on such an idiot because we don't have too much of it going around in Scotland.

He keeps getting opportunities but before he knows it his career will be over and he won't be getting any more.

Up to the man himself to take one and finally make a go of what could still be a decent career.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2016, 10:31 AM

But you are making up the reasons in your own head and it could be that some folk are irked by a player who has talent in abundance but lacks the strength of character to apply it to best effect. Unless he gets a grip then he will miss his chance and for a really gifted player that would be a real shame.

Bostonhibby
01-10-2016, 10:34 AM

Think I see where you are coming from, I'd therefore also be concerned about the guys in their 20's & 30's who seem to be saying similar things here, in about 30 years they'll be worse than the middle agers with opinions here seem to be now.

Maybe its something about the player and what he's done / doing that attracts opinions from all ages and it's nowt to do with age itself :dunno:

Must admit, most of the time I don't come on here thinking I better write as a 56 year old / responsible adult. Hibs fan first and last and the age of other fans makes no difference to me when I encounter them on here or meet them in the flesh.

Bostonhibby
01-10-2016, 10:36 AM
But you are making up the reasons in your own head and it could be that some folk are irked by a player who has talent in abundance but lacks the strength of character to apply it to best effect. Unless he gets a grip then he will miss his chance and for a really gifted player that would be a real shame.

:agree:

ShadesLongThrow
01-10-2016, 10:39 AM
I can't imagine Celtic are too amused at this either. This type of attitude is not going to sit well with Rogers work ethic and I think Stubbsy has probably sealed his Celtic fate. He'll be cleared out of there asap.

Since90+2
01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Was a fantastic player for us.

He was a boyhood Rangers fan and he made it clear he wanted to play for them (and earn a lot more money at the same time) which is fair enough IMO. I don't remember Stubbs ever questioning his commitment to the team during the whole saga either.

Would take him back in a second. Along with Dylan the best player at the club over the last 4 or 5 years.

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Can you blame the guy ?

i reckon that given their recent signings track record the Huns will be pretty gunshy about taking on a will-he-won't-he performer like Allan.

If he joins them, there's no guarantee he'll perform immediately, or at all, in a high-pressure environment where the expectations on him would be massive.

It's a sad thing to say about a player so gifted yet still young, but I think we might have seen the best of him.

Itsnoteasy
01-10-2016, 10:56 AM

Easy to blame everyone else. He should take a look at himself. He can rot away. And no thanks for a return.

Smartie
01-10-2016, 11:00 AM
i reckon that given their recent signings track record the Huns will be pretty gunshy about taking on a will-he-won't-he performer like Allan.

If he joins them, there's no guarantee he'll perform immediately, or at all, in a high-pressure environment where the expectations on him would be massive.

It's a sad thing to say about a player so gifted yet still young, but I think we might have seen the best of him.

I think so too.

Whilst I accept the Rangers supporter thing and the fact that he'd get more money, I can't really understand his haste to get away from us when he was doing so well - for himself and for us.

I also wonder if he might recognise this at some point and come back again, a slightly jaded version of his former self.

Captain Trips
01-10-2016, 11:07 AM
I fail to see what anyones age has to do with not thinking much of a player who in the end had no interest in helping OUR club get promoted in fact wanted to join a rival club and help them finish above us all after playing a major role in getting him into a position were clubs wanted him.

The guy tried to at the end take the p1ss out of my club and therefore I care not a jot about his good season, he knew what he was doing at the end. Anyone who wants to jeoprdise my clubs promotion can F+++ right off, and thats what he did knowingly.

GreenLake
01-10-2016, 11:24 AM
He looked good playing in one of our worst midfields ever and his failure to shine at a "higher level" speaks volumes. He would not stand out among the Scottish Cup winning midfield we have now. As for loyalty and respect - it should be commensurate.

oldbutdim
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
I'm well past middle aged and I think he's a twat.

That probably makes me worse than middle aged posters who think likewise.

I've always been grumpy though.

Bostonhibby
01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm well past middle aged and I think he's a twat.

That probably makes me worse than middle aged posters who think likewise.

I've always been grumpy though.
You're just more experienced[emoji6]

You're as old as you feel. I'm at least 90 today[emoji481]

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2016, 11:58 AM

He was, and still is a fantastic player who would be a credit to any team. As for Rotherham...I can't blame him for being uninspired. The boy is an artist.

:faf:

The boy is lazy and unprofessional. If the boy was an artist he wouldn't be on Rotherhams bench.

My_Wife_Camille
01-10-2016, 12:06 PM
On ability alone I honestly think he had the potential to be one of the top Scottish players of his generation. Huge claim I know but I really do think that as a footballer he could and really should have been that good.

Unfortunately his attitude and application appears to be shocking and I wouldn't be surprised if that season at Hibs ends up being the highest point of his career

GreenLake
01-10-2016, 12:57 PM
On ability alone I honestly think he had the potential to be one of the top Scottish players of his generation. Huge claim I know but I really do think that as a footballer he could and really should have been that good.

Unfortunately his attitude and application appears to be shocking and I wouldn't be surprised if that season at Hibs ends up being the highest point of his career

I like your avatar.

emerald green
01-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Billy Big Baws. He can GTF.

eastmainsmsh
01-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Should've stayed put would've developed and had his pick of club agent and money got to him

Hamish
01-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Billy Big Baws. He can GTF.

Think your 2017 resolution should be to stop this fence sitting eg

Mibbes Aye
01-10-2016, 06:34 PM
I don't like him. Not because of his departure, I don't think I've ever passed comment on that and don't intend to.

I don't like him because of his style of play. He has the eye and the brain to play the most sublime pass or through ball.

The kind of eye and brain that practically none of his teammates will ever have.

Yet he doesn't have the sense or the smarts to know when to use it. Rather than just play the simple ball, return a pass or whatever, he's always looking to deliver a Hollywood pass. When it comes off it's exquisite, a joy to see, and I love it as much as anyone. And when it doesn't come off, which is more often than acceptable, it surrenders possession immediately.

He knows he's good but he doesn't appear to know how to rein it in for the benefit of the team.

I can't help but feel he will join that long list of Scottish wasted talent. In fact he's already on it.

hibsbollah
01-10-2016, 06:44 PM
I don't like him. Not because of his departure, I don't think I've ever passed comment on that and don't intend to.

I don't like him because of his style of play. He has the eye and the brain to play the most sublime pass or through ball.

The kind of eye and brain that practically none of his teammates will ever have.

Yet he doesn't have the sense or the smarts to know when to use it. Rather than just play the simple ball, return a pass or whatever, he's always looking to deliver a Hollywood pass. When it comes off it's exquisite, a joy to see, and I love it as much as anyone. And when it doesn't come off, which is more often than acceptable, it surrenders possession immediately.

He knows he's good but he doesn't appear to know how to rein it in for the benefit of the team.

I can't help but feel he will join that long list of Scottish wasted talent. In fact he's already on it.

Don't forget the hair. The Barnet of a perfumed ponce.

Mibbes Aye
01-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Don't forget the hair. The Barnet of a perfumed ponce.

Good shout :aok:

His only defence is he is a one-man campaign for retro kitsch mid-90s hairdos. I'm not convinced.

crash
01-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Was a fantastic player for us.

He was a boyhood Rangers fan and he made it clear he wanted to play for them (and earn a lot more money at the same time) which is fair enough IMO. I don't remember Stubbs ever questioning his commitment to the team during the whole saga either.

Would take him back in a second. Along with Dylan the best player at the club over the last 4 or 5 years.

Agree, Quality is lacking in the current squad.

keep the faith
01-10-2016, 07:06 PM
What a depressing thread. Bitter name calling for someone who was outstanding and our player of the year.
As I said earlier in the thread, he acted very poorly (and ill advised) when he left but kinda wish we could be classier than some of the name calling on here.
Appreciate it's only my view and others more than entitled to think differently.

emerald green
01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Think your 2017 resolution should be to stop this fence sitting eg

OK maybe a tad harsh, but not much. :greengrin

hibsbollah
01-10-2016, 07:15 PM
What a depressing thread. Bitter name calling for someone who was outstanding and our player of the year.
As I said earlier in the thread, he acted very poorly (and ill advised) when he left but kinda wish we could be classier than some of the name calling on here.
Appreciate it's only my view and others more than entitled to think differently.

'Ill advised' is a bit of an apologists cliché really. Everyone has free will.

bingo70
01-10-2016, 07:16 PM
I'll always respect the fact that a type 1 diabetic has made it to the level he has.

I can't imagine how hard that must be (have been) for him And I don't see how he could have made it this far with a supposed bad attitude.

I'd be delighted if he came back, not going to happen though.

Captain Trips
01-10-2016, 08:21 PM

IMO he jeopardised our promotion and or didnt give a toss about it on trying to leave, you are of course entitled to your view for me though you are giving him far more respect than he ever gave us.

Yeah he had a great season but in the end wanted out of our club to play against us to prevent our promotion after us giving him a chance, I found his attitude disgraceful at a very very crucial phase, he gave me zero respect with that pish and for me deserves FA back.

northstandhibby
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
IMO he jeopardised our promotion and or didnt give a toss about it on trying to leave, you are of course entitled to your view for me though you are giving him far more respect than he ever gave us.

Yeah he had a great season but in the end wanted out of our club to play against us to prevent our promotion after us giving him a chance, I found his attitude disgraceful at a very very crucial phase, he gave me zero respect with that pish and for me deserves FA back.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

GGTTH

Beefster
02-10-2016, 06:32 AM

I don't respect lots of people but I don't feel the need to abuse them and wish them and their livelihoods ill at every opportunity.

Captain Trips
02-10-2016, 08:24 AM
I don't respect lots of people but I don't feel the need to abuse them and wish them and their livelihoods ill at every opportunity.

I do not wish him ill however I think the guy is a disgrace and didnt give a toss about our clubs future so he can do one.

Paisley Hibby
02-10-2016, 08:54 AM

My nephew was with Dundee Utd youth teams at the same time as Allan. He says that even then Allan was an arrogant dick.

Craig_HFC
02-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Rat with crap 90's boy band hair.

He can GTF.