PDA

View Full Version : Media Maybe not over yet.

Jim44
30-09-2016, 08:26 AM
http://www.football.co.uk/rangers/government-could-intervene-after-rangers-and-hibs-escape-pun/7829920/

I came across this. Don't know if it's already been flagged up.

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2016, 08:29 AM
http://www.football.co.uk/rangers/government-could-intervene-after-rangers-and-hibs-escape-pun/7829920/

I came across this. Don't know if it's already been flagged up.

They can't now get involved with anything from the past but they may implement something for going forward

steakbake
30-09-2016, 08:31 AM
This is going forward: SFA can't find it within themselves to impose strict liability, so government taking it on. Likely it will replace OBFA.

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Government won't be able to do anything either thankfully.

Strict liability will never, ever come into force.

Diclonius
30-09-2016, 08:46 AM
If the government try to intervene, FIFA will immediately suspend the SFA until they back off. They have precedent for this - it's about the only good thing they do.

CorrieHibs
30-09-2016, 08:56 AM
If the government get involved with this or any other football matters. I hope they hammer the teams singing sectarian songs.

pacoluna
30-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, its over this topic has became a snorefest.

Smartie
30-09-2016, 09:02 AM
If the government managed to get strict liability implemented off the back of this, it would very much be the icing on the cake.

Nobody could argue that the pitch invasion was a bad thing if that came about.

jacomo
30-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Scottish government keeps on getting this wrong. Weegie politicians who see sectarianism in everything.

It wasn't 'offensive' behaviour, it was, for the vast majority of Hibs fans, over exuberance as Rod said. Damage rightly paid for and miscreants rightly punished.

Streaming onto the pitch to have a pagger with the fans of the victorious side though??

Oscar T Grouch
30-09-2016, 09:08 AM
If the government try to intervene, FIFA will immediately suspend the SFA until they back off. They have precedent for this - it's about the only good thing they do.

Nearest example of this would be Nigeria 2014 and Kuwait in 2015. They simply won't allow it. The Scottish government can however change the laws of the land to say make pitch invasions illegal, but that would be very hard to prosecute if similar events happened again.

barcahibs
30-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Nobody could argue that the pitch invasion was a bad thing if that came about.

I would. Strict liability is terrible idea for Scottish football.

Luckily it won't happen, and the government should keep its nose out as well, nothing to do with populist politicians looking to feed the mob.

Phil MaGlass
30-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Is it really a bad thing if the government intervenes? The SFA either way are now or will be pushed to implement something. They dont want the embarrassment of being punted by FIFA and will be forced for reaction. About time the bloody government got involved. Seems it might be the only thing that will work with this excuse for an FA. This whole thing is coming to a head because of SFA inaction. Maybe we the fans need to give this a bit of momentum. Oh and as for strict liability. This will hit the gruesome twosome more than any other clubs and that is fine by me. Its about time we get out the dark ages and maybe we can finally rid the game of the moron minority. You will see more self policing by fans if this happens.

Kavinho
30-09-2016, 05:12 PM
I would. Strict liability is terrible idea for Scottish football.

Luckily it won't happen, and the government should keep its nose out as well, nothing to do with populist politicians looking to feed the mob.

Id like to understand why its viewed as such a terrible idea really.

I really don't see the problem with the principal, but clearly I'm in a small minority on this one

magpie1892
30-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Is it really a bad thing if the government intervenes? The SFA either way are now or will be pushed to implement something. They dont want the embarrassment of being punted by FIFA and will be forced for reaction. About time the bloody government got involved. Seems it might be the only thing that will work with this excuse for an FA. This whole thing is coming to a head because of SFA inaction. Maybe we the fans need to give this a bit of momentum. Oh and as for strict liability. This will hit the gruesome twosome more than any other clubs and that is fine by me. Its about time we get out the dark ages and maybe we can finally rid the game of the moron minority. You will see more self policing by fans if this happens.

Good post, but the idea of the rangers' fans self-policing borders on the bizarre. Who's going to self-police the 28,000 'fans' who were abusing the Protestant Alan Stubbs as a 'Fenian *******' on 21/5? The majority of the hun support have bile in place of blood.

Kavinho
30-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Good post, but the idea of the rangers' fans self-policing borders on the bizarre. Who's going to self-police the 28,000 'fans' who were abusing the Protestant Alan Stubbs as a 'Fenian *******' on 21/5? The majority of the hun support have bile in place of blood.

Without that being called out as a clear no no, the fans have no reason to self police, as is currently clearly condoned.
With SL, and then a public warning about it, you'd only then start to see self policing take effect.

JimBHibees
30-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Without that being called out as a clear no no, the fans have no reason to self police, as is currently clearly condoned.
With SL, and then a public warning about it, you'd only then start to see self policing take effect.

Agree I think it should be in place. Rangers fans behaviour improved when UEFA started calling them out.

Northernhibee
30-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Won't happen. By burning bridges rather than building this government are unlikely to see it voted through.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-09-2016, 05:31 PM
If there is anything constructive to come from this it has to start with the resignation of Stuart Reagan. In the heat of the moment is one thing but his post match comments were inflammatory rather than looking to keep a lid on things.

Eyrie
30-09-2016, 05:39 PM

It depends on how the government gets involved. FIFA will object strongly to anything that interferes with actual football, so a law imposing points deductions would be a non-starter. However fines levied on clubs or partial ground closures would not be a football matter but a civil one.

The problem there however is the same one that arose with the anti-sectarian law ie how can it be enforced when the crime itself cannot be properly defined?

The law as it stands is sufficient to deal with actual criminality, whether that is someone taking a swing at Wallace or a Hun attacking a Hibs fan.

ancient hibee
30-09-2016, 06:36 PM

I'm afraid this is totally wrong.Yes it is a bad thing if the government intervenes-the law already impowers the police and the crown to deal with the aftermath.The SFA will run foul of FIFA if they allow the politicos to interfere.The SFA has tried to bring in strict liability -its member clubs have refused-it's not the fault of the SFA officials.If the government tried to bring in a law it would be tested all the way to the Human Rights court on the basis that in the case of football a club has no control of what its fans do and therefore cannot be to blame.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2016, 06:43 PM
If the Scottish government gets involved in trying to control the governance of Scottish football, the national team will be suspended by FIFA from competing in any of their tournaments.

barcahibs
30-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Hmm, I do accept the argument that it could lead to FIFA suspending the national team - I agree it wouldn't be all bad then :-)

Strict liability is a bad idea because it wouldn't be used in the way that most posters in favour on this board think.it would be. Most seem to think it'll mean rantic getting hammered for their party songs every week and being driven into the 21st century. I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be. Strict liability would have to be used if passed, but it wouldn't be used against rantic, it would be used against the smaller clubs.

Just think if it had been passed earlier in the year, who would the first victims have been? It would have been us, rantics media lapdog would have ensured we were squarely in the frame on our own.

I don't see why I, and the club, should suffer because of the actions of a few bampots that the club couldn't possibly control.

There's also the whole free speech issue, whilst the songs, chants and attitudes of most rantic fans are abhorrent the idea that the government should make them illegal is even worse. It's a bad idea.

And finally there's the fact that politicians getting involved leads to decisions about football being made for non football reasons by folk with no interest or stake in the game. There was some roaster of an MSP on the radio this morning banging on about the government stepping in and you could practically here him salivate at the thought of picking up a few easy votes from the non football watching 'moral majority' who would like all these nasty football fans punished.

Don Giovanni
30-09-2016, 10:27 PM
If the Scottish government gets involved in trying to control the governance of Scottish football, the national team will be suspended by FIFA from competing in any of their tournaments.

Might save us the embarrassment of trying to qualify for a football tournament? :dunno:

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Hmm, I do accept the argument that it could lead to FIFA suspending the national team - I agree it wouldn't be all bad then :-)

Strict liability is a bad idea because it wouldn't be used in the way that most posters in favour on this board think.it would be. Most seem to think it'll mean rantic getting hammered for their party songs every week and being driven into the 21st century. I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be. Strict liability would have to be used if passed, but it wouldn't be used against rantic, it would be used against the smaller clubs.

Just think if it had been passed earlier in the year, who would the first victims have been? It would have been us, rantics media lapdog would have ensured we were squarely in the frame on our own.

I don't see why I, and the club, should suffer because of the actions of a few bampots that the club couldn't possibly control.

There's also the whole free speech issue, whilst the songs, chants and attitudes of most rantic fans are abhorrent the idea that the government should make them illegal is even worse. It's a bad idea.

And finally there's the fact that politicians getting involved leads to decisions about football being made for non football reasons by folk with no interest or stake in the game. There was some roaster of an MSP on the radio this morning banging on about the government stepping in and you could practically here him salivate at the thought of picking up a few easy votes from the non football watching 'moral majority' who would like all these nasty football fans punished.

I think you're wrong and I don't come on to the wonderful hibs.net to argue with anyone. I think scottish football is a much better sport without the sectarian bile that mostly comes from the huns.

I don't see how the occasional bampot drunkenly jumping about the pitch could be seen to be in the same vile category as thousands of huns spouting their sectarian hatred on a weekly basis.

If any politician tried to defend the huns singing their bile they would soon be isolated as the **** they are.

GGTTH

Just Alf
30-09-2016, 11:08 PM
I know what you mean but as a Hibee im no too bothered if they fail to self police and end up getting hammered, on the other hand im sure a LOT would be said to the scrotes that think damaging the piggery bogs when we visit is a good thing?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I've no doubt that Jackson, Waddell, the Record and the Huns will seize on this to bore us senseless with more straw-clutching desperate nonsense.

Let's just relax and enjoy their continuous promoting on our Scottish Cup victory.

PatHead
01-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Wonder if the new club have paid their share of the damage. Can't see it mentioned anywhere.

magpie1892
01-10-2016, 10:53 AM
I know what you mean but as a Hibee im no too bothered if they fail to self police and end up getting hammered, on the other hand im sure a LOT would be said to the scrotes that think damaging the piggery bogs when we visit is a good thing?

Only problem is, they're NOT getting 'hammered' - and the fans are worse now with the new club than they were when deadco were cheating their way to titles and cups. No-one is doing anything, despite the soundtrack from their end at the SCF and Sunday just past at Pittodrie, when someone mooted (correctly in my opinion) that the hun were putting extra relish on the word 'Fenian' in TBB.

GreenLake
01-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Id like to understand why its viewed as such a terrible idea really.

I really don't see the problem with the principal, but clearly I'm in a small minority on this one

It all ends up with a team, executives and faithful innocent fans of clubs being punished for the crimes of a minority of tools. Better to let the police and the judiciary handle offenders than have guilt by association.

magpie1892
01-10-2016, 11:43 AM
It all ends up with a team, executives and faithful innocent fans of clubs being punished for the crimes of a minority of tools. Better to let the police and the judiciary handle offenders than have guilt by association.

hun fans on 21/5 - a minority? The entire support, so they told us, were up to their knees in Fenian blood on about half-a-dozen occasions.

Eyrie
01-10-2016, 11:47 AM

hun fans on 21/5 - a minority? The entire support, so they told us, were up to their knees in Fenian blood on about half-a-dozen occasions.

And the police and judiciary have done nothing about the offenders.

Jack
01-10-2016, 12:33 PM
A solution to the marauding hun would be to add a good behaviour bond, of say a tenner, to the cost of their away tickets for every game. Any party songs from the banned list or vandalism like smashing up toilets and unless the miscreants are identified they all lose their tenner.

If that doesn't work then £20, £30, £40 until it does work.

Before anyone chips in with both sets of fans must be charged the same amount the price of the ticket is the same, the bond is an add-on.

147lothian
01-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Just imagine if The Rangers got what they wanted and strict liability got implemented, imagine the thankless task it would be for The Rangers fans to police themselves and stop the sectarian singing at their matches, they would have more chance of rolling back the waves on the Clyde

Ray_
01-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Sorry if already posted. I think this article is what most Scottish football fans think of Rangers and their statements.

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/10/rangers-are-the-real-stain-on-scottish-football/

jgl07
01-10-2016, 03:13 PM
For strict liability to work, the clubs concerned would have to be responsible for stewarding their own supporters.

hibsdaft
01-10-2016, 04:16 PM
the govt statement are covering themselves should there be another incident. they want to be able to say, "we warned you, now we're going to act", rather than risk looking weak and reactive. that's all this statement is about IMO. what that action would entail is anyone's guess.