PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mogga leaves Coventry

1875er
29-09-2016, 10:06 AM
As it says on the tin... Mowbray has resigned as Coventry boss...

Wish him well.

Keith_M
29-09-2016, 10:13 AM
As it says on the tin... Mowbray has resigned as Coventry boss...

Wish him well.

Did he say "I still have work to do here" just before he left?

J-C
29-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Did he say "I still have work to do here" just before he left?

:greengrin

MB62
29-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Ex Hibs manager's team sitting bottom of their division.

Mowbray's resigned, will there be another to follow? :wink: :greengrin

Michael
29-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Next season after Lennon helps us go up and gets himself a massive club we're bringing in the Mowbray/Stubbs dream team.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2016, 11:27 AM
If Alan Stubbs lasts a season at Rotherham I will be most surprised. The owner of Rotherham has an expectation that the Club simply cannot match. They are a bottom third Championship Club and will reamain so until they are eventually relegated, which could well be this season.

snooky
29-09-2016, 11:30 AM
Next season after Lennon helps us go up and gets himself a massive club we're bringing in the Mowbray/Stubbs dream team.
.... or nightmare team for some :cb

Paisley Hibby
29-09-2016, 11:31 AM
If Alan Stubbs lasts a season at Rotherham I will be most surprised. The owner of Rotherham has an expectation that the Club simply cannot match. They are a bottom third Championship Club and will reamain so until they are eventually relegated, which could well be this season.
I'd say they are naturally a League 1 side (and that's where Stubbs is taking them)

CRAZYHIBBY
29-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Mowbray left hibs too early but i think stubbs was right to go but wtf was he thinking by going to rotherham

Forza Fred
29-09-2016, 11:59 AM
I'd say they are naturally a League 1 side (and that's where Stubbs is taking them)

He has been unable to recruit sufficient quality players to make a difference,and several of his signings are either on the bench or not evenonthe bench.

He signed Scott Allan, and the match report I read described him as anonymous, with the quip that the reporter could not remember one thing he contributed to the match when he was subbed.

Bad move for him too....Stubb's needed out and out grafters to battle it out, not silky artistes.

Soon to follow Mowbray.....

Keith_M
29-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Jeez, I so hope you're only joking.

Craig_HFC
29-09-2016, 01:29 PM
I lost any respect I had for Mowbray when he came back to Easter Road as Celtc manager & then refused to watch a replay of McGeady's dive in the post-match interview when there was a huge TV right next to him.

Pretty sure he did something else that day on the pitch that annoyed me but really cannae mind what it was/if I'm making it up.

So, in summary; he can GTF.

Mr White
29-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I lost any respect I had for Mowbray when he came back to Easter Road as Celtc manager & then refused to watch a replay of McGeady's dive in the post-match interview when there was a huge TV right next to him.

Pretty sure he did something else that day on the pitch that annoyed me but really cannae mind what it was/if I'm making it up.

He joined in celtc's huddle.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2016, 01:38 PM
He joined in celtc's huddle.

Didn't Stack join in too that day? :greengrin

Enough said
29-09-2016, 01:39 PM
next season after lennon helps us go up and gets himself a massive club we're bringing in the mowbray/stubbs dream team.

no thanks

Enough said
29-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Mowbray left hibs too early but i think stubbs was right to go but wtf was he thinking by going to rotherham

His wife dictated he left prob only club that came in for him

hfc rd
29-09-2016, 03:54 PM

He did a Celtic huddle in the middle of the pitch at FT on his first game back at ER. Remember Graham Stack joined in 😆

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2016, 03:54 PM

Because of where they are rather than who or what they are.

hfc rd
29-09-2016, 03:59 PM

No thanks! Would rather prefer Lennon wins the championship and builds a Hibs team that will consistently challenge at the top end of the premiership table and a decent wee European run plus bring some silverware to ER.

HoboHarry
29-09-2016, 04:30 PM
No thanks! Would rather prefer Lennon wins the championship and builds a Hibs team that will consistently challenge at the top end of the premiership table and a decent wee European run plus bring some silverware to ER.

That is what I want too with the addition of a couple of nights spent with a naked Diane Lane....

iwasthere1972
29-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Didn't Stack join in too that day? :greengrin

That was funny. Stack in the middle with you.

Nutmegged
05-10-2016, 06:48 PM

I don't think thats an unrealistic expectation, maybe a European run is a bit of a stretch but with a favourable draw it isn't beyond the realms of possibility

Nameless
05-10-2016, 07:38 PM
It looks like Mowbray peaked at hibs. It's been a slow and steady downward spiral since then.

Hibernia&Alba
05-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Are Coventry still in a terrible financial mess, or is that all sorted? It's a big club for the third tier.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-10-2016, 08:45 PM
It looks like Mowbray peaked at hibs. It's been a slow and steady downward spiral since then.

Should have stayed at West Bromwich Albion for longer.

JimBHibees
07-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Should have stayed at West Bromwich Albion for longer.

Would have been difficult to turn down the Celtic job I think however since then he hasnt really hit the heights. Maybe his best role is with younger players who will take on his coaching and playing style better than some more experienced players who sometimes struggle to adapt or think they know it all when coaches are telling them to do different things.