PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | INDEPENDENT JUDICIAL PANEL

RSS Bot
28-09-2016, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6839)

Haymaker
28-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Short and simple. Now let's move on.

hibbysam
28-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Presumably that is the £4k sum given to the HSA which we are raising?

Pretty Boy
28-09-2016, 04:39 PM
A dignified club statement that deals with the judgement and nothing else.

I expect Rangers to follow suit.....

Nakedmanoncrack
28-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Looks like the doom and gloom merchant, supposedly in the know, who predicted a crippling financial penalty have been proved wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Looks like the doom and gloom merchant, supposedly in the know, who predicted a crippling financial penalty have been proved wrong.

Yeah because we received Legal Aid too:rolleyes:

bingo70
28-09-2016, 04:49 PM

At some point I'd really like us to move on to dealing with the daily record. This probably wasn't the statement to do so though.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Aye right!
I expect them to say something along the likes of, we should never have been charged in the 1st place

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Super, smashing, great!

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Some absolute tripe written on here. We couldn't spend money in the summer cause we were waiting on a massive fine. Upwards of 800k 😂😂😂

Correct action taken by the judicial panel and time to move on. We know what happened that day. Hopefully hibs lawyer now absolutely slaughters Jackson and the rest of the rangers puppets

Col2
28-09-2016, 06:11 PM
War chest now for January and our assault on Scottish cup, finishing off league title and preparing for too league.

Pete
28-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Aye right!
I expect them to say something along the likes of, we should never have been charged in the 1st place

Any more inflammatory statements or stuff condoning their supporters anger and we should ban their supporters from ER.

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2016, 06:36 PM
At some point I'd really like us to move on to dealing with the daily record. This probably wasn't the statement to do so though.

Agreed

Dom'sFirstTouch
28-09-2016, 06:50 PM

Agreed. It must have hard for the club hierarchy to sit back and wait while Rangers and their media cheerleaders dragged Hibs' reputation through the dirt, but our stance has now been completely vindicated. It's tempting to just put the thing to bed and move on, but I hope the club is already planning appropriate action against those responsible.

MyJo
28-09-2016, 07:46 PM
https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/25/1620b570-f175-0133-243b-0e1b1c96d76b.gif?

Onion
28-09-2016, 08:37 PM
As short and concise as Sevco's embarrassing rambles were longwinded. Well played Hibs......

.... NOW can we have the DVD ? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Bo-ring Hibs! Would like to have seen more lengthy hand-wringing, whinging, paranoid moaning and assuming the role of pathetic victim.

That's what Scottish football needs!

mjhibby
30-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Bo-ring Hibs! Would like to have seen more lengthy hand-wringing, whinging, paranoid moaning and assuming the role of pathetic victim.

That's what Scottish football needs!

We are no good at playing the pathetic victims. We've too much class to lower ourselves to that. Sevco on the other hand have no moral compass so anything goes with them.

Hibbyradge
30-09-2016, 01:38 PM
The people who thought Hibs might receive a heavy punishment were only worried for the club and the future of the playing side.

In my opinion, if anyone with Hibs connections was culpable in all this, it was the people who grabbed the opportunity to once again bash the club, whether it was for "not doing enough to defend the fans", for "daring to speak to individual Hibs supporters about their behaviour on 21/5" or "not complaining publicly" against perceived media attacks and bias.

In my view, Hibs played a blinder. They were not sucked into a public war of words which they could not possibly have won, they clearly showed that they were doing everything in their power to shore up the areas for which they were in any way responsible, and they did so elegantly and professionally.

Now let's move on and win the league.

Topographic Hibby
30-09-2016, 01:48 PM
The people who thought Hibs might receive a heavy punishment were only worried for the club and the future of the playing side.

In my opinion, if anyone with Hibs connections was culpable in all this, it was the people who grabbed the opportunity to once again bash the club, whether it was for "not doing enough to defend the fans", for "daring to speak to individual Hibs supporters about their behaviour on 21/5" or "not complaining publicly" against perceived media attacks and bias.

In my view, Hibs played a blinder. They were not sucked into a public war of words which they could not possibly have won, they clearly showed that they were doing everything in their power to shore up the areas for which they were in any way responsible, and they did so elegantly and professionally.

Hear, hear.

It's over, let's move on. Let "them" seethe and wriggle.

We are Hibs, a class above. Onwards and upwards we go.

BTW, we won the Cup! :thumbsup:

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 01:53 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6839)

The Hibs board have maintained a consistently dignified response and this final official statement is worthy indeed.

Well done to the Board who have shown controlled restraint in the face of a vicious onslaught by the huns which is now arduous and tiresome.

:aok:

Seveno
30-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Well done, Rod. Protected our club and p***ed off The Rangers. :thumbsup:

Andy74
30-09-2016, 02:08 PM

Culpable for what?

I've no particular need or desire to bash the club for anything, in fact, I spent years on here taking abuse for being too positive about the club, however, there was probably a middle line the club could have taken here.

Rangers have made provocative statements, they have condoned the fans being on the pitch and the outcome for them was just the same as it was for us, no action. So the view that Hibs played a blinder doing it their way to get away from punishment is certainly not clear in terms of whether it influenced any outcome.

We still have the mainstream press writing about riots and alleging Rangers players were assaulted. I'm surprised that Hibs haven't made slightly more effort to support the majority of fans and the name of the club against some of this. For some Hibs approach has left a bit of a bad impression.

Job done though on the punishment. Rangers also got that job done with the opposite approach.

Hibbyradge
30-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Culpable for what?

I've no particular need or desire to bash the club for anything, in fact, I spent years on here taking abuse for being too positive about the club, however, there was probably a middle line the club could have taken here.

Rangers have made provocative statements, they have condoned the fans being on the pitch and the outcome for them was just the same as it was for us, no action. So the view that Hibs played a blinder doing it their way to get away from punishment is certainly not clear in terms of whether it influenced any outcome.

We still have the mainstream press writing about riots and alleging Rangers players were assaulted. I'm surprised that Hibs haven't made slightly more effort to support the majority of fans and the name of the club against some of this. For some Hibs approach has left a bit of a bad impression.

Job done though on the punishment. Rangers also got that job done with the opposite approach.

Let's try your middle line approach as a wee experiment.

You play Leeann and I'll be the Daily Ranger.

I'll go first; Hibs fans are a disgrace. They rioted on the pitch and assaulted Rangers players and staff.

Hibbyradge
30-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Actually, I'll save you the bother. Almost regardless of your response, the headline in the rag the next day would read "Hibs CEO condones assaults on Rangers players by Hibs thugs".

Robinho08
30-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Much compensation did we pay for the damage? 😕

Hibbyradge
30-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Much compensation did we pay for the damage? 😕

Did we, Yoda?

Any idea how much?

JDHibs
30-09-2016, 02:47 PM
We covered the pitch and the goal posts, circa £4,000.

speedy_gonzales
30-09-2016, 02:47 PM
Did we, Obi Wan?

mean Yoda, do you not?

Hibbyradge
30-09-2016, 03:39 PM
mean Yoda, do you not?

Indood I dee.

Or something like that.

Amended. Thank you.