PDA

View Full Version : Media Cup final disciplinary outcome

Pages : [1] 2

mghibs
28-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Looks like the sfa have scrapped complaints against us and Rangers http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=16527

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
28-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Dancer!

Since90+2
28-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Surely this cant be true!? Absolutely delighted if so.

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2016, 03:30 PM
So, looks like Hibs fought the complaint and won, and as a result the complaint against The Rangers was dropped.

Wednesday, 28 September 2016
A Judicial Panel convened for the purposes of a preliminary hearing on the following Notices of Complaint:

Alleged party in breach: Hibernian FC
Match:Hibernian FC v Rangers FC (Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 21st May 2016)

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 311

In that at the above match you failed to adhere to the Cup Competition Rules, specifically Rule 28 of the Rules of The Scottish Cup. That at the above match damage was sustained to Hampden Stadium, being the stadium where the Scottish Cup Final was played, as a consequence of misbehaviour by supporters of your Club. That the misbehaviour by your supporters occurred at the conclusion of the above match, whereby a number of your supporters carried out an incursion onto the pitch, and thereafter remained upon the pitch until cleared by Police Scotland and Stewards. That in the course of this misbehaviour by your supporters damage was sustained to the stadium, as follows:

(i) To the surface of the pitch, portions of which were removed; and/or
(ii) To a set of goal posts which were broken and had netting removed; and/or
(iii) To parts of the LED advertising system situated at the perimeter of the pitch, in the vicinity of both the East Stand, and/or the North Stand; and/or
(iv) To advertising hoardings situated at the perimeter of the pitch, in the vicinity of the East Stand.

Outcome: The panel dismissed the complaint.

The Panel Chair's Notes of Reasons can be found here (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/Decision%20of%20Judicial%20Panel%20-%20Hibernian%20FC.pdf)

Case Two

Alleged party in breach: Rangers FC
Match: Hibernian FC v Rangers FC (Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 21st May 2016)

Disciplinary rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 311

In that at the above match you failed to adhere to the Cup Competition Rules, specifically Rule 28 of the Rules of The Scottish Cup. That at the above match damage was sustained to Hampden Stadium, being the stadium where the Scottish Cup Final was played, as a consequence of misbehaviour by supporters of your Club. That the misbehaviour by your supporters occurred at the conclusion of the above match whereby, following on from a pitch incursion by supporters of Hibernian FC, a number of your supporters also carried out an incursion onto the pitch. That thereafter supporters of your Club who had engaged in the pitch incursion remained upon the pitch until cleared by Police Scotland and Stewards. That in the course of this misbehaviour by your supporters damage was sustained to the stadium, as follows:

(i) To parts of the LED advertising system situated at the perimeter of the pitch, in the vicinity of the North Stand, and /or the West Stand; and/or
(ii) To advertising hoardings situated at the perimeter of the pitch, in the vicinity of the West Stand.

Outcome: In light of the Hibernian FC determination, the Complaint against Rangers FC is withdrawn.

mghibs
28-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Having skimmed through the notes it looks like it was argued that the club could not have done anything to prevent the invasion, only a brief skim over mind

28-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Looks like the lack of strict liability was the key. The clubs can't be held accountable for not controlling their supporters.

GreenOnions
28-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Seems pretty logical and probably as predicted by most at the outset. The police are dealing directly with individuals re allegations of assault etc and the SFA have charged the clubs for damage to stadium property caused by fans of both teams.

Action taken against clubs for actual pitch invasions is generally explained in terms of inadequate stewarding etc as arranged by the "home" club. Clearly - neither Hibs nor Rangers were responsible for these arrangements at Hampden so no action to be taken.

Mr White
Looks like the lack of strict liability was the key. The clubs can't be held accountable for not controlling their supporters.

That was actually the reason we were charged as strict liability does apply to the scottish cup.

Brightside
This doesnt mean that we still can't get find though does it??

Bostonhibby
Just had a quick read of the attachment, so long as the SFA don't want to pursue individual damage costs that might be the end of it, so we will never know what the the rangers fans were really doing on the pitch and what sort of fine all that violence might have attracted :wink:

Trying to impose a strict liability here when the SFA doesn't seem to favour one generally, and hasn't imposed one in its own rules seems to be their undoing(?)

le bill
28-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Reading between the lines here looks to me the SFA are not willing to use the "club liability" card as this would simply stir up a hornets nest for past/future Misdemeanours
- in particular sectarian singing from the ugly sisters.

Extract from Decision of the Judicial Panel...................................

[22] It may be thought odd that there is no apparent disciplinary sanction for thisevent. But that is a matter for the members to deal with, in clear terms, rather thanfor the Judicial Panel to innovate by a purposive interpretation of the rules. From theinformation which we have, there is a limited appetite for strict liability withinScottish football.

TrinityHibs
28-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Seems pretty logical and probably as predicted by most at the outset. The police are dealing directly with individuals re allegations of assault etc and the SFA have imposed fines on the clubs for damage to stadium property caused by fans of both teams.

Action taken against clubs for actual pitch invasions is generally explained in terms of inadequate stewarding etc as arranged by the "home" club. Clearly - neither Hibs nor Rangers were responsible for these arrangements at Hampden so no action to be taken.

Have we been fined?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Forgive my ignorance, so does this mean we are not being fined?

Andy74
28-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Just waiting for the Rangers statement...

Kojock
28-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Is there still a possibility for a claim for damaged advertising boards.

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Have we been fined?

Nope - case dismissed. :na na:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Do Gordon Smith and Alex McDonald need to be asked for their opinions on this decision.

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Can't wait to see Traynors face - most likely beetroot right now.

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 03:45 PM
This bit is brilliant:

For similar reasons, we do not accept that the designation of the subject of the
complaint as Hibernian FC is fatal to the complaint. We recognise that the member
of the SFA is The Hibernian Football Club limited; we further recognise that in the
context of the commission of Lord Nimmo Smith the precise identification of the
member responsible for the club was a material concern. But we are not persuaded
that there is either ambiguity or confusion in the name in which this complaint runs.

Hibs' lawyer pulls out his ethereal entity card. :greengrin

GreenOnions
28-09-2016, 03:46 PM

Let's hope it's another one of those bitter diatribes penned by some inarticulate drunk they've pulled out of a pub.

BroxburnHibee
I'm no expert but reading the reasons for the dismissal it seems as if the SFA is blaming the member clubs for their refusal to implement the 'strict liability'.

mghibs
Says somewhere in the notes that they are surprised there has been no demand for compensation by the sfa

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 03:48 PM

"see them kafliks, if it wasn't for them we'd have got our day in court and been able to show how we were only on the pitch defending our club when we were hitting people with corner flags, kicking and punching them and abducting that kid.

We have a legal defence fund and we are going to appeal this, no one is going to dismiss a case against us, we are the people, no surrender, we don't do walking away, well except when we let our previous club liquidate...........

it's a conspiracy"

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm no expert but reading the reasons for the dismissal it seems as if the SFA is blaming the member clubs for their refusal to implement the 'strict liability'.

Im no expert either, but i read it as the judiciary panel blaming the sfa and its member clubs for no strict liability and poorly written procedures in this event

Pretty Boy
28-09-2016, 03:49 PM
This statement is going to be gold.

Pete
28-09-2016, 03:51 PM

If this is the case then it should completely neuter Rangers as far as statements are concerned.

p.s. Please make a statement Rangers!

Jim44
28-09-2016, 03:51 PM
We mght get a knuckle-rap from the SFA for the incident and a suspended sentence of dismissal from future competition if the fans' behaviour is repeated. :dunno:

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 03:53 PM
In analysing the provisions relied upon by the compliance officer we take
account of the information provided to us, that at the Scottish FA Board meeting in
June 2013 the clubs emphatically rejected an amendment of Article 28 which would
have given rise to strict liability by providing that clubs “ensured” the “good
conduct” of their supporters “in any ground”. That rejection is part of the football
context. Mr McGlennan accepted that he is relying on Rule 28 to import strict
liability to the club for the actions of the supporters. The panel has to be satisfied that
the provisions are clear and unambiguous and do not conflict with requirements of
procedural fairness and natural justice before taking that step.

We posed the question – what should the club have done or not done to avoid
an infringement of Rule 28? We found ourselves unable to answer that question. The
club cannot take advantage of the “reasonably practicable” defence, a defence which
in terms of the Bowen report appears well founded

In a nutshell - no strict liability, no offence.

Andy74
28-09-2016, 03:54 PM
We mght get a knuckle-rap from the SFA for the incident and a suspended sentence of dismissal from future competition if the fans' behaviour is repeated. :dunno:

Doubt it. It's dismissed so there can't be any findings.

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 03:54 PM

Nope, the case against us has been dismissed by the judicial panel, ie. the club is not guilty.

bingo70
28-09-2016, 03:55 PM
**** it, I'm going on the pitch if we win on Sunday.

JDHibs
28-09-2016, 03:55 PM
All the clubs voted against strict liability in cases like this, no liability, no offence, no charges.

this makes the whole thing even sweeter!

calumhibee1
28-09-2016, 04:01 PM
So fine/punishment wise we're in the clear?

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Hang on, one wee sting hiding in the tail:

This decision is without prejudice to the right of the SFA to seek reparation or
restitution in terms of Rule 28.

There will be no fine or punishment, but the SFA can still seek compensation for the damage.

greenlex
28-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Hang on, one we sting hiding in the tail:

There will be no fine or punishment, but the SFA can still seek compensation for the damage.
Thought they already have done. £4-5kish. Is this not what the supporters are trying to pay?

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2016, 04:10 PM
So basically no rule was broken so there is no charge to answer!

You would have thought someone at the SFA might have checked this out first.

I'm now expecting a statement from Rangers thanking us for saving them the time and money involved in mounting their own defence!

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2016, 04:11 PM
[21] This decision is without prejudice to the right of the SFA to seek reparation or
restitution in terms of Rule 28.

It all depends what the panel mean by this disclaimer .... It could mean that in general terms the SFA's right to prosecute any club under this rule in future isn't affected by their decision. Or it could mean that the SFA still have the right to apply any of the sanctions mentioned in rule 28 to Hibs short of expulsion from the tournament or being made to replay the match.

If its the former then we are in the clear. If it is the latter then in other words its still open to the SFA to come after Hibs for compensation for damage done to the stadium and advertising boards as a result of the invasion. It could be we are not out of the woods yet.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Hang on, one wee sting hiding in the tail:

Spotted that - but why should we have to pay for something that has been deemed not our fault?

For the record, i think we should pay, within reason, some costs.

Could we not buy the broken goals as a permanent exhibit for easter road (thats a serious suggestion bu the way)

johnbc70
28-09-2016, 04:14 PM
While the outcome is pleasing it again shows what a shambles the SFA are. Surely time for Regan to resign.

johnbc70
28-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Spotted that - but why should we have to pay for something that has been deemed not our fault?

Could we not buy the broken goals as a permanent exhibit for easter road (thats a serious suggestion bu the way)

They should pursue the individuals responsible for any damage, if they can't find them then there is no case.

Jim44
28-09-2016, 04:17 PM
The Sevco muppets on FF are going berserk at the outcome. They're also dragging in the Motherwell pitch invasion. There's one simple common denominator .............. Sevco lost both matches.

silverhibee
28-09-2016, 04:19 PM
So did we get the currant buns of the hook as well :dunno:

No doubt they will be raging about that.

marinello59
The Sevco muppets on FF are going berserk at the outcome. They're also dragging in the Motherwell pitch invasion. There's one simple common denominator .............. Sevco lost both matches.

They are too thick to realise this is actually good news for them. I love that they are raging though.

Pete
I'm just relieved this onslaught from Rangers and the Glasgow based media has been ignored when coming to this conclusion. It's not a "catholic conspiracy" or a fix as some might say, it just proves that clubs don't get tried in the media and sometimes, what goes around comes around.

Get it right up every ****ing one of them.

Benny Brazil
28-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Brilliant news - the huns are not happy bunnies and Keith Jackshun is spewing on Twitter about it

Hibs Class
28-09-2016, 04:21 PM

The rangers media board isn't happy either, one post hoping that our stadium gets bombed!

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 04:23 PM
If the Huns don't like it, tell them to campaign for Strict Liability. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2016, 04:23 PM

That's the bloody problem with legalese .... It seems to me this panel have decided that Hibs as a club cant be blamed for the conduct of our supporters on the day and as a result the SFA cant impose a sporting sanction on us such as expulsion from the competition, but that such a decision doesn't infringe on the SFA's right to demand compensation from us for the damage, even if that damage was caused by circumstances outwith the clubs control .... that's the way I read it anyway.

lucky
28-09-2016, 04:24 PM
The questions have to asked why this process was even started. Many pointed out that not having a strict liability clause limited any action against us. Yet the SFA have ran a sham case against us. If they come looking for damages we should look for costs of hiring and paying our solicitors

johnbc70
If the Huns don't like it, tell them to campaign for Strict Liability. :wink:

Ha ha, yes exactly!

Spike Mandela
My cynical self is telling me that this outcome is to save the Sevco queens eleven from paying a fine as they are rooked. Have to fine us both or neither.

northstandhibby
28-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Looks like the sfa have scrapped complaints against us and Rangers http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=16527

The Panel are saying the SFA rules are too vague and unclear to impose a penalty on Hibernian.

There is no appetite for strict liability and Hibernian have avoided any payback.

:na na:

To the Yams who wanted the book thrown at us.

GGTTH

Oscar T Grouch
28-09-2016, 04:27 PM
The twitterverse is fun this afternoon 😂😂

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2016, 04:30 PM
It seems from the statement on the official site that Hibs have already paid for the damage to the pitch, which I presume includes the goals. It also certainly seems that from Hibs point of view the matter is now closed.

That gives me the impression that the club are not prepared to entertain any more bull**** on the matter from the media, Sevco or anybody else :aok:

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 04:31 PM
I think that our lawyers have played a blinder.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
28-09-2016, 04:33 PM

:agree:

Rod got his pal Other Rod ...

https://www.harpermacleod.co.uk/people/detail/rod-mckenzie/

johnbc70
28-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Regan should resign. A shambles.

Heisenberg
28-09-2016, 04:38 PM
This is hilarious. The Huns will be spewing, can't wait for their latest statement.

Kavinho
28-09-2016, 04:38 PM

I don't think it was a particularly hard defence to put together.
It basically came down to 'what could we ("the hibernian football club ltd") have done here, to stop the possibility of a complaint being raised'?

In short, nothing.

funny line in there arguing the complaint was against a wrongly named entity..

Kato
28-09-2016, 04:41 PM
The twitterverse is fun this afternoon 😂😂

Lots of Jambos raging. Always fun.

northstandhibby
28-09-2016, 04:44 PM
It basically came down to 'what could we ("the hibernian football club ltd") have done here, to stop the possibility of a complaint being raised'?

In short, nothing.

There was more to it than that the Lawyers had to make strong case the SFA rules are not fit for purpose and they did so handsomely.

Without a good competent legal team on the face of it the panel may have simply accepted the SFA's pursuit of financial penalty.

All good though.

GGTTH

Northernhibee
28-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Someone on Sevcomedia saying that they hope ER is "bombed". Their fans are beyond disgusting.

snooky
28-09-2016, 04:52 PM
My cynical self is telling me that this outcome is to save the Sevco queens eleven from paying a fine as they are rooked. Have to fine us both or neither.

AND also setting a precedent for any misdemeanors in the future by..... :whistle:

s.a.m
28-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Fab. 'Mon the Mr McKenzie. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Now i think the pitch invasion was doubly worth it, the best day of my life has just got even better. Well done all you heroes who made this day such a special one. :top marks

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 04:54 PM

In short, nothing.

...even although the SFA rules said otherwise?

They have, basically, ignored their own rules, and hidden behind the notion that there is no appetite for strict liability.

On a lighter note, somebody on Twitter said that "Hibs lawyers have driven a coach and horses through the SFA rules book. Is there no end to their thuggery?"

Pete
28-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Rangers 2 - 3 Coach and Horses

Jack Hackett
28-09-2016, 04:57 PM
There was more to it than that the Lawyers had to make strong case the SFA are not fit for purpose and they did so handsomely.

Without a good competent legal team on the face of it the panel may have simply accepted the SFA's pursuit of financial penalty.

All good though.

GGTTH

Fixed that for ya :wink:

Onion
28-09-2016, 04:59 PM
How ironic, how hillarious, and what an utter shambles. All the last 5 months of media & Sevco hypocracy has done is remind Hibs fans again and again of the most important outcome of 21 May 2016 :

Rangers 2 v Hibernian 3
👍👍👍👍

Topographic Hibby
Dignified silence from LD and RP has paid off.

All the fire, brimstone and bark at the moon from Govan has produced nothing.

Still waiting for the statement from Jabba. Must be a very long one being penned. Or pooped out.

ancient hibee
That was actually the reason we were charged as strict liability does apply to the scottish cup.

Clearly the SFA thought so.Equally clearly the Judicial Panel didn't.

Keith_M
I'm absolutely fuming that Hibs just saved T'Rangers a load of cash in fines and/or lawyers fees.

snooky
28-09-2016, 05:02 PM

Hibs should buy the broken goals - cut them up into matchstick size pieces and flog them at say £1 a shot that would probably pay for all the damage. Sorted!

I'd buy one and frame it :partyhibb

(BTW, why isn't the a cup final smilie yet?)

northstandhibby
28-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Fixed that for ya :wink:

:top marks

I think your adaptation is far more relevant.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Hibs should buy the broken goals - cut them up into matchstick size pieces and flog them at say £1 a shot that would probably pay for all the damage. Sorted!

This is a cracking idea mate. Victoria crosses are made from captured Russian guns from the Crimean war, we could make little Scottish cup badges from the metal from the captured goalposts and sell them off at ridiculous prices :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
28-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Rangers 2 Hibernian 3

GIRUY Huns

southsider
28-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Have we been fined?
No, but we did pay for damage. Amount Unknown

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 05:34 PM
And..........................WE WON THE CUP.

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 05:34 PM
I was expecting a nasty surprise and am delighted (so far) to have been proved wrong :aok:

Onion
28-09-2016, 05:38 PM
With the threat of sanctions finally put behind us, maybe we can all now properly celebrate our historic cup win. Feel we've all been holding back :greengrin

Start by parading the cup around Easter Road before the match on Sunday :thumbsup:

Kavinho
28-09-2016, 05:38 PM
There was more to it than that the Lawyers had to make strong case the SFA rules are not fit for purpose and they did so handsomely.

All good though.

GGTTH
That's pretty much my point. :aok:

emerald green
28-09-2016, 05:42 PM
They've finally got something right.

As Leeann Dempster said today:

"We hope this now brings an end to the matter, and the SFA can concentrate on implementing the recommendations made by the Independent Commissioner, Sheriff Principal Bowen."

Also, Hibs today paid for damage to the pitch.

Onion
28-09-2016, 05:53 PM
So, with Hibs and Rangers deemed not responsible for the pitch invasion, Police Scotland claiming they could do nothing to prevent the invasion (for fear of injury / fatalities) and the organisers The SFA, Hampden and G4 washing their hands of any responsibility........

.... fans appear to be welcome to invade Hampden Park at will in future. The Celtic v Sevco LC Semi should be interesting :greengrin

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Sportsound SO FAR reporting this appropriately. Pitch invasion came from both ends. Tom English referencing strict liability and linking it to sectarian singing (and by correlation The Rangers), Gordon pointing out it was a minority of Hibs fans 'goading'.

I'm desperate to hear what Chick has to say. Any mention of the multiple Rangers players that were spat at? :faf:

Franck Stanton
28-09-2016, 06:09 PM
So, with Hibs and Rangers deemed not responsible for the pitch invasion,responsibility........
Police Scotland claiming they could do nothing to prevent the invasion (for fear of injury / fatalities) and the organisers The SFA, Hampden and G4 washing their hands of any
.... fans appear to be welcome to invade Hampden Park at will in future. The Celtic v Sevco LC Semi should be interesting :greengrin

Police Scotland could have told the truth about why there were not enough uniformed officers to prevent the invasion. --

True Story [straight from the horses mouth}
Rangers Head of security approaches match commander shortly after they scored second goal and stated they intended parading the Cup around Ibrox later that afternoon.
Match commander decides to send half his uniformed detail to Ibrox to prepair for event. Hence lack of manpower at final whistle.

The rest as they say is history.

green day
28-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Twitter is hilarious tonight!

Andy74
28-09-2016, 06:17 PM
No, but we did pay for damage. Amount Unknown

There's a thread about how much the damage amounted to. With the added option of chipping in!

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Police Scotland could have told the truth about why there were not enough uniformed officers to prevent the invasion. --

Rangers Head of security approaches match commander shortly after they scored second goal and stated they intended parading the Cup around Ibrox later that afternoon.
Match commander decides to send half his uniformed detail to Ibrox to prepair for event. Hence lack of manpower at final whistle.

You can't really blame the cops for wanting to get in early for the best seats.

a Good friends brother is stationed in Glasgow, he wasn't on match duty but says there's plenty chat going around about officers who were there being outside the ground and on their way to Govan. He's a celtc fan for what it's worth but the story is one they will want to contain, the match commander anyway.

dchibs
28-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Regan should resign. A shambles.
Should take Donkey with him.

Kavinho
28-09-2016, 06:33 PM
...even although the SFA rules said otherwise?

They have, basically, ignored their own rules, and hidden behind the notion that there is no appetite for strict liability.

On a lighter note, somebody on Twitter said that "Hibs lawyers have driven a coach and horses through the SFA rules book. Is there no end to their thuggery?"

.....do they though?
They 2 cited rules/article overlapped & were perhaps contradictory (in respect of the application of strict liability principals) and ultimately provided no ability for the club to avoid a charge, as a result of actions of supporters (or others)..
Therefore the panel could do nothing but dismiss the complaint, (with the without predjudice caveat at the end thrown in).

Thats my understanding,

or put differently

Haaaahaaahhhaaaaahahhaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaa aaa !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag::gwa::gw a::gwa:

:greengrin:greengrin

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 06:37 PM
.....do they though?
They 2 cited rules/article overlapped & were perhaps contradictory (in respect of the application of strict liability principals) and ultimately provided no ability for the club to avoid a charge, as a result of actions of supporters (or others)..
Therefore the panel could do nothing but dismiss the complaint, (with the without predjudice caveat at the end thrown in).

Thats my understanding,

or put differently

Haaaahaaahhhaaaaahahhaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaa aaa !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag::gwa::gw a::gwa:

I believe your analysis is right. Unenforceable rules. Wonder who drafted them and agreed them.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Now i think the pitch invasion was doubly worth it, the best day of my life has just got even better. Well done all you heroes who made this day such a special one. :top marks

:agree: Until the rules are changed it might be worth having a no damage invasion of pitches every week in an attempt to recreate that feeling, Scotland only.

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Sportsound SO FAR reporting this appropriately. Pitch invasion came from both ends. Tom English referencing strict liability and linking it to sectarian singing (and by correlation The Rangers), Gordon pointing out it was a minority of Hibs fans 'goading'.

I'm desperate to hear what Chick has to say. Any mention of the multiple Rangers players that were spat at? :faf:

Except Richard Gordon is sticking with the line that Hibs fans should have stayed in their own half. That's just nonsense and has never ever been mentioned before when there's been a pitch invasion.

If he had said that the problem was only caused by the Rangers fans going on the pitch then he would have been accurate.

green day
28-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Except Richard Gordon is sticking with the line that Hibs fans should have stayed in their own half. That's just nonsense and has never ever been mentioned before when there's been a pitch invasion.

If he had said that the problem was only caused by the Rangers fans going on the pitch then he would have been accurate.

To be fair, he probably means the guys giving it the GIRUY to the Huns.......and it's difficult to argue that point.

Either way, who cares - we dodged a bullet, we move on. Let's get promoted.

SteveHFC
28-09-2016, 07:20 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/forum/1-the-bears-den/

Enjoy :faf:

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Gonnae dinnae dae that.

#FromTheCapital
28-09-2016, 07:30 PM

Hahaha 😂

Poor Rangers and their poor fans...The innocent victims in all of this. Get it right ****in up them.

Hibs90
28-09-2016, 07:30 PM
They are spewing

ian cruise
28-09-2016, 07:32 PM
The questions have to asked why this process was even started. Many pointed out that not having a strict liability clause limited any action against us. Yet the SFA have ran a sham case against us. If they come looking for damages we should look for costs of hiring and paying our solicitors

To be honest with the verdict as it is I don't mind the fact the investigation took place. Means anytime someone says Hibs caused this or it's was all Hibs fault we've got proof (or as near as dammit) that it wasn't rather than just an opinion.

AltheHibby
28-09-2016, 07:32 PM
The seethe on that thread is both terrifying and hilarious. It proves the point that bigotry doesn't need intelligence.

#FromTheCapital
28-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Keith Jackson's imagination must be going into overdrive, thinking of more lies to print in light of this,

Jones28
28-09-2016, 07:43 PM

They are boakin'...and the hibees are pissing themselves 😂😂💚

Do they not get that without strict liability this kind of thing is a police issue and concerns isolated individual cases?

Their own club didn't vote in favour of strict liability because they knew what ****my ****s the fans are they'd be bankrupted because of their behaviour within a season?

**** Rangers, we all hate them and we don't care 👍

Eyrie
28-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I said at the time that there was no case to answer because Hibs could show that they had done all in their power and that stadium security was not under their control.

But I think that the reason behind today's decision was a realisation that Hibs could not be punished without Sevco also being hit hard, and even three weeks of Barton's wages wouldn't be enough to help them.

hibby6270
28-09-2016, 08:09 PM
This is all very pleasing.
Time to release the DVD now - pitch invasion included!! :wink::greengrin

Tyler Durden
28-09-2016, 08:21 PM
.....do they though?

Thats my understanding,

or put differently

Yeah that was my reading.

Also the panel expressing surprise that Hibs hadn't yet been asked to pay for the damages. Implying that a refusal to pay up could be a rule breach but basically....we hadn't been asked.

As the findings state, the complaint is IRRELEVANT! 3-2 is all that matters :flag::flag::flag:

ancient hibee
28-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah that was my reading.

Also the panel expressing surprise that Hibs hadn't yet been asked to pay for the damages. Implying that a refusal to pay up could be a rule breach but basically....we hadn't been asked.

As the findings state, the complaint is IRRELEVANT! 3-2 is all that matters :flag::flag::flag:

Because we we had already paid them.

hhibs
28-09-2016, 08:52 PM

Had to look, now feel really, really ,unclean.

They really are beyond vile.

Tyler Durden
28-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Because we we had already paid them.

No, not so.

Hibs statement confirms we paid today.

Smartie
28-09-2016, 09:08 PM
This is all very pleasing.
Time to release the DVD now - pitch invasion included!! :wink::greengrin

I heard a wee whisper that the people making the DVD have been told in the strongest possible terms that the pitch invasion must not be featured in any way.

Ómaigh-Hib
28-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Forgive my ignorance, so does this mean we are not being fined?

and does it mean that I don't have to give the SFA their penalty spot back?

Looks lovely in my greenhouse...

CA Hibby
28-09-2016, 09:10 PM
No, not so.

Hibs statement confirms we paid today.

You never pay before a ruling is made, otherwise you admit liability..

staunchhibby
28-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Surely the person on that rangers site talking about hopling the stadium gets bombed should bd reported to thd police

HibernianJK
28-09-2016, 09:20 PM
The thing is, if they are not going to blame either ourselves or Rangers for the pitch invasion as neither would have had control of fans, it covers their back so they don't have to fine Rangers over sectarian singing.

Sets a dangerous precedent.

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2016, 09:32 PM

As incredible a show of paranoid self delusion as its possible to find anywhere on the internet. Fans of the club who more than any other have brought shame to Scottish football in towns and football grounds throughout Scotland and abroad moaning about Hibs fans and crying out for protection. One of them even cites the fact .......... wait for it, wait for it ........ that players should be protected from 'abuse' at their workplace, lets hope that Fenian b*****d Alan Stubbs gets to hear about this change of heart. Another few want Hibs fans banned from Scottish football grounds.

They are crying out for a statement from the Sevco board ....... me too, please, please let it happen, I mean this is funny, but there's no way it could possibly match a statement from the The Rangers board for comedy value, c'mon fatso get typing :faf:

tonyhib7
28-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Reading between the lines here looks to me the SFA are not willing to use the "club liability" card as this would simply stir up a hornets nest for past/future Misdemeanours
- in particular sectarian singing from the ugly sisters.

Extract from Decision of the Judicial Panel...................................

[22] It may be thought odd that there is no apparent disciplinary sanction for thisevent. But that is a matter for the members to deal with, in clear terms, rather thanfor the Judicial Panel to innovate by a purposive interpretation of the rules. From theinformation which we have, there is a limited appetite for strict liability withinScottish football.

That is exactly the reason this will not go any further it is to protect the bigoted brothers and the SFA from having to deal with strict liability as they are not willing to deal with sectarian singing we and other clubs have to put up with when they come to our stadiums.

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 09:36 PM
That is exactly the reason this will not go any further it is to protect the bigoted brothers and the SFA from having to deal with strict liability as they are not willing to deal with sectarian singing we and other clubs have to put up with when they come to our stadiums.

It's the clubs who don't want strict liability.

steakbake
28-09-2016, 09:41 PM
The thing is, if they are not going to blame either ourselves or Rangers for the pitch invasion as neither would have had control of fans, it covers their back so they don't have to fine Rangers over sectarian singing.

Sets a dangerous precedent.

Flip side is that if they did throw the book at us despite there being no strict liability, they'd have had to do the same for Rangers and it would set a precedent there too, that the SFA are most likely reluctant to follow. Let's be honest, which club in Scotland is most likely to have fans tear a place apart or engage in sectarian singing? If we got done for this, so would The Rangers and the only way we could get done was through some compliance to a type of strict liability that has not been agreed by the clubs in general. You make that happen, you'll be getting in touch with Sevco most weeks.

Our lawyer played a blinder. Loved the bit about trying the club/company argument... that was just trolling, surely.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2016, 09:45 PM
:lolrangers::smug::smug::smug:

Stupid Huns!

oneone73
28-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Great excuse to watch it again. Which I've just done.

O'Rourke3
28-09-2016, 09:48 PM

Yip. The strict liability stops with the home team. The chair from Alloa was the one put up to discuss in the Media. This along with the red herring of Facial recognition. At home Der Hun trot out the doing all we can nonsense. Not their problem at ER, Pitoddrie or Recreation Park where it's unfortunate and a small minority. The club's voted against this cos only the Old Firm win.

tonyhib7
28-09-2016, 09:55 PM

Is that all the clubs in Scotland or a selected few who have the most clout? Do Hibs want strict liability to apply as I would like to know. I personally would like it to apply as I go to watch the Hibs play football with no under lying agenda concerning religion or colour or any other agenda some may have.

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Is that all the clubs in Scotland or a selected few who have the most clout? Do Hibs want strict liability to apply as I would like to know. I personally would like it to apply as I go to watch the Hibs play football with no under lying agenda concerning religion or colour or any other agenda some may have.

This is the last time it was on the agenda:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35349978

The last time it was voted on, in 2013 by all 42 clubs, it was rejected. I'm not sure by what majority, or what Hibs' stance is, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

Andy Bee
28-09-2016, 11:04 PM
This is the last time it was on the agenda:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35349978

The last time it was voted on, in 2013 by all 42 clubs, it was rejected. I'm not sure by what majority, or what Hibs' stance is, but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

5 clubs out of the 42 voted for it, I'm not sure who though but IIRC Hibs didn't want it.

number9dream
29-09-2016, 12:33 AM

Terrifying... There's one reasonable guy on there pointing out the facts of the case in a sane, reasoned way and he's taking all sorts of abuse. He's putting up a good fight though.

Strict liability is Rangers' worst nightmare. They are totally backed into a corner on this one which is why we've had no foaming statement on the judicial panel's ruling.

The Rangers fans are having a hard time understanding that the police are dealing with acts of criminality and Hibs are paying for the damage and appear to be upset that their club doesn't have a fine to pay...

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Hopefully strict liability will never come in.

It's a ridiculous suggestion. One fan in our end throws a coin or something and the club could be deducted points.

A non starter for so many reasons and I'm fully behind the club's stance on this if they continue to vote against it.

Guess that means I'm in agreement with the Old Firm on this one. Oops.

Andy Bee
29-09-2016, 01:22 AM
Hopefully strict liability will never come in.

It's a ridiculous suggestion. One fan in our end throws a coin or something and the club could be deducted points.

A non starter for so many reasons and I'm fully behind the club's stance on this if they continue to vote against it.

Guess that means I'm in agreement with the Old Firm on this one. Oops.

On the flipside, one rendition of Billy boys and they're deducted points. I'd be more inclined to stop the bigotry rather than worry about some fud throwing a coin. TBF I've more confidence in our own support.

Nameless
29-09-2016, 05:08 AM
From the Evening Times, a response to the SFA's lack of action against Hibs.

IBROX fan chiefs have blasted the Scottish FA for failing to provide a deterrent against future pitch invasions after they closed the case on the Hampden riots.

Rangers and Hibernian were last night cleared by a Judicial Panel that was reviewing the aftermath of May’s Scottish Cup final that saw thousands of supporters storm the park at the full-time whistle.

More than 70 arrests have been made in recent months after damage was caused to goalposts, advertising boards and the pitch and fights broke out before mounted Police were able to restore order.

Several Rangers players and staff were caught up in the ugly scenes and the Gers board have been highly critical of the SFA for their handling of the situation.

Both clubs were charged under Disciplinary Rule 311 but the case against Rangers was thrown out after it was determined that Hibs would face no further action.

A vote three years ago ruled out the prospect of ‘strict liability’ legislation being introduced but the Light Blue legions have hit out at the SFA’s stance.

Club 1872 spokesman Craig Houston told SportTimes: “The fact that none of the charges mentioned attacking Rangers supporters and players is odd because that would suggest that the SFA don’t see that to be an issue. That is unbelievable.

“The fact that the Vice President of the SFA, Mr Rod Petrie, who is also the chairman of Hibs, commented after the game that it was no more than ‘over-exuberance’ seems to be backed up by these findings.

“Basically the SFA have stated that the behaviour at Hampden that day is unpunishable and the fear is that the floodgates have now opened in terms of what is actually acceptable at a football match.

“There is absolutely nothing to make fans think twice now about running onto the park during a game that the SFA are governing. If there is no punishment to their club, there is nothing to prevent repeats of this going forward.

“Nobody would think that what happened after the cup final is acceptable but the SFA have put nothing in place to prevent it and to deter people going forward.

“People across the world will find it quite astonishing that the investigation found nothing wrong with the reactions of the Hibernian supporters."

GordonHFC
29-09-2016, 05:15 AM

IBROX fan chiefs have blasted the Scottish FA for failing to provide a deterrent against future pitch invasions after they closed the case on the Hampden riots.

Rangers and Hibernian were last night cleared by a Judicial Panel that was reviewing the aftermath of May’s Scottish Cup final that saw thousands of supporters storm the park at the full-time whistle.

More than 70 arrests have been made in recent months after damage was caused to goalposts, advertising boards and the pitch and fights broke out before mounted Police were able to restore order.

Several Rangers players and staff were caught up in the ugly scenes and the Gers board have been highly critical of the SFA for their handling of the situation.

Both clubs were charged under Disciplinary Rule 311 but the case against Rangers was thrown out after it was determined that Hibs would face no further action.

A vote three years ago ruled out the prospect of ‘strict liability’ legislation being introduced but the Light Blue legions have hit out at the SFA’s stance.

Club 1872 spokesman Craig Houston told SportTimes: “The fact that none of the charges mentioned attacking Rangers supporters and players is odd because that would suggest that the SFA don’t see that to be an issue. That is unbelievable.

“The fact that the Vice President of the SFA, Mr Rod Petrie, who is also the chairman of Hibs, commented after the game that it was no more than ‘over-exuberance’ seems to be backed up by these findings.

“Basically the SFA have stated that the behaviour at Hampden that day is unpunishable and the fear is that the floodgates have now opened in terms of what is actually acceptable at a football match.

“There is absolutely nothing to make fans think twice now about running onto the park during a game that the SFA are governing. If there is no punishment to their club, there is nothing to prevent repeats of this going forward.

“Nobody would think that what happened after the cup final is acceptable but the SFA have put nothing in place to prevent it and to deter people going forward.

“People across the world will find it quite astonishing that the investigation found nothing wrong with the reactions of the Hibernian supporters."

By 'across the world' I take it they mean Govan?

marinello59
29-09-2016, 05:18 AM

Looks like an argument for strict liability from them. How ****ing thick are they?

Tyler Durden
29-09-2016, 05:39 AM
You never pay before a ruling is made, otherwise you admit liability..

You're missing the point - read the panel notes. We were liable.

Heisenberg
29-09-2016, 05:55 AM

I see this is one paper who has now just given up saying the players were attacked and is just going with "several rangers players and staff were caught up in the ugly scenes". I also like how this club 1872 spokesperson doesn't mention the Huns part in any of it at all. No mention of sectarian singing/pitch invasion from them/arrests for battering people on the pitch. What a fanny.

marinello59
29-09-2016, 06:04 AM
I see this is one paper who has now just given up saying the players were attacked and is just going with "several rangers players and staff were caught up in the ugly scenes". I also like how this club 1872 spokesperson doesn't mention the Huns part in any of it at all. No mention of sectarian singing/pitch invasion from them/arrests for battering people on the pitch. What a fanny.

He also fails to mention that the only statement released in the aftermath of all this that in any way gave the green light to thuggish behaviour came from Sevco when they praised the vigilante actions of their own fans.

jax67
29-09-2016, 06:19 AM

BRILLIANT!!
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.
😆😂😆😂😆👍

The Spaceman
29-09-2016, 06:31 AM
Follow fooollow we will follow Regan.

To any very very very angry "You Let Your Club Die Sevco 2012" supporters looking in - sweep sweep.

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2016, 06:37 AM
They seem to forget that this was about punishing the club for the behaviour of the fans.

They go on about it opening the floodgates for further trouble, forgetting that the main troublemakers are being dealt with through the courts.

And if they actually listen to Petries statement right after the game when he mentions "over exuberance" he is purely talking about the fans going on the park. His tone changes when the interviewer mentions about players being assaulted as this is the first time he had heard anything about it.

marinello59
29-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Follow fooollow we will follow Regan.

To very very very any angry "You Let Your Club Die Sevco 2012" supporters looking in - sweep sweep.

And let's not forget what really matters...3-2.

s.a.m
29-09-2016, 07:02 AM
They seem to forget that this was about punishing the club for the behaviour of the fans.

They go on about it opening the floodgates for further trouble, forgetting that the main troublemakers are being dealt with through the courts.

And if they actually listen to Petries statement right after the game when he mentions "over exuberance" he is purely talking about the fans going on the park. His tone changes when the interviewer mentions about players being assaulted as this is the first time he had heard anything about it.

Quite. And when he fumes that the SFA have put nothing in place to prevent or punish clubs, he's failing to notice that they thought they had, which is why there were charges against both clubs. It just so happens that the rule, when examined (by our lawyer) was a dog's dinner.
Some gratitude would be nice.:coffee:

Marco G
29-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Quite. And when he fumes that the SFA have put nothing in place to prevent or punish clubs, he's failing to notice that they thought they had, which is why there were charges against both clubs. It just so happens that the rule, when examined (by our lawyer) was a dog's dinner.
Some gratitude would be nice.:coffee:
And of course no one is mentioning Leeann's comment that now the disciplinary charge has been thrown out, she welcomes the SFA considering the recommendations by the Independent Commissioner, Sheriff Principal Bowen, which do deal with what could be done to prevent future pitch invasions. Imho Hibs have dealt with all the issues correctly and with dignity.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 07:46 AM

They do realise that the the rangers fans were on the pitch as well? And that the West of Scotland football fans were also the the rangers fans.

The actual "assaults" on players are per the police investigation not as in some seether whose team lost a cup finals wet dream. The majority of idiots prosecuted for violent assaults on the pitch seem to be the the rangers fans.

And they lost 3-2.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Jim44
29-09-2016, 08:08 AM
The seethe on FF makes a hilarious read. Too many gems to repeat but one muppet makes the point that Sevco are now disadvantaged because players, in fear of personal safety, will think twice about signing for them. :faf:

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 08:13 AM
The seethe on FF makes a hilarious read. Too many gems to repeat but one muppet makes the point that Sevco are now disadvantaged because players, in fear of personal safety, will think twice about signing for them. :faf:
Surely it should be the other way around? Here we see the only fans in the world who provide an arbitrary player protection service. We seen it in action at hampden along with the nature of the protection.

Good players will only come to sevco for money, like they did at the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Sevco haven't got any money.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2016, 08:17 AM
If the The Rangers carry on with this obsessive paranoia then Celtc will have them for copyright.

Geo_1875
29-09-2016, 08:26 AM
I love the pronouncements from The Rangers and their fans group representatives. When I read them I'm hearing a loud Ulster accent a la Rev Ian Paisley. It's hilarious.

Steve-O
29-09-2016, 08:37 AM

People across the world :hilarious

Mr White
29-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Yesterday's brilliant trinity of good news- charges dropped, warbler cited and winning scottish sporting moment of the year- could be nicely topped off today by a traynor stained sevco statement of bitterness and rage :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 08:46 AM
People across the world :hilarious

:agree: Hilarious and full of yam style self importance.

Do they really think that people haven't got eyes and ears and the ability to make up their own minds? Anyone who is actually interested will have seen pitch invasions involving Scottish football teams before - fewer of those invasions will have involved violence but the the rangers and the now defunct Glasgow rangers will have featured more than most in the ones where violence / hate arises..

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 08:56 AM

Lets get this straight the Rangers fans were coming on whatever. Its what they do.

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Keith Jackson's imagination must be going into overdrive, thinking of more lies to print in light of this,

He doesnt have an imagination he just prints what he is told to print.

Galahibby
29-09-2016, 09:11 AM

I actually said on the day that we should've bought up the damaged bit of the pitch that needed replaced and package it up as souvenirs. Would've sold bucketloads.

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 09:12 AM

I would agree with that think it should be brought in irrespective of what happened in the cup final.

It is a cop out not to have it.

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 09:13 AM
On the flipside, one rendition of Billy boys and they're deducted points. I'd be more inclined to stop the bigotry rather than worry about some fud throwing a coin. TBF I've more confidence in our own support.

Agree with that.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I would agree with that think it should be brought in irrespective of what happened in the cup final.

It is a cop out not to have it.

The only way it's going to happen is if it's imposed by law.

The clubs have had their say, and they're almost unanimous that they don't want it. You can understand the argument.....some radge Hibby runs on to the park at Cappielow, and Hibs get fined for it. What control do Hibs have over that guy?

Jack
29-09-2016, 09:24 AM
I understand the sevco statement has been held up at Level 5.

Traynor has squished his crayons in a tantrum and is waiting for replacements.

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2016, 09:34 AM

The clubs have had their say, and they're almost unanimous that they don't want it. You can understand the argument.....some radge Hibby runs on to the park at Cappielow, and Hibs get fined for it. What control do Hibs have over that guy?

Is he not down in York now? :wink:

Peevemor
29-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I understand the sevco statement has been held up at Level 5.

Traynor has squished his crayons in a tantrum and is waiting for replacements.

They don't have enough money to replace his laptop batteries.

https://www.dailyclipart.net/wp-content/uploads/medium/Math9.jpg

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Is he not down in York now? :wink:

:greengrin

Okay, he runs on the park at ...insert the name of some obscure Yorkshire league ground.....singing "Warburton's a fanny...".

And we get fined?

:cb

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Agree however I think in the greater scheme of thing it might help control a bit more some of the hideous songs sung on a weekly basis and that fans of clubs may be more self policing if the club themselves are likely to be punished. UEFA seem to have some process re racist chanting though too weak IMO is at least some sort of process.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Agree however I think in the greater scheme of thing it might help control a bit more some of the hideous songs sung on a weekly basis and that fans of clubs may be more self policing if the club themselves are likely to be punished. UEFA seem to have some process re racist chanting though too weak IMO is at least some sort of process.

Well, as the song goes....

It'll work against Dumbarton, and other ***** like that.

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Well, as the song goes....

It'll work against Dumbarton, and other ***** like that.

I said hideous not brilliant. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Okay, he runs on the park at ...insert the name of some obscure Yorkshire league ground.....singing "Warburton's a fanny...".

And we get fined?

That tallies with what I was thinking :greengrin

northstandhibby
29-09-2016, 10:58 AM
They don't have enough money to replace his laptop batteries.

https://www.dailyclipart.net/wp-content/uploads/medium/Math9.jpg

Excellent.

I think the huns are in a somewhat difficult position with gnashing their teeth too much over this.

They are obviously the last club which would want strict liability.

Their hands would never be out of their pocket.

So giruy traynor, jackson, Chic, Parks etc.

:giruy2:

Jack
29-09-2016, 11:29 AM
I think one of the most satisfying things here, I've been to their forum, is the backlash against their board and the Lying King.

After the final level 5 and their board came out with some truly incendiary stuff based to some degree on a dishonest version of events. This was quite obviously a diversion tactic from being soundly beaten, not for the first time that season by Hibs; missing out on European football; not having a pot to piss in etc.. It was lapped up by the follow follow loyal who saw it as their right to win their first ever national trophy. After all Hibs NEVER win the bloody thing!

They're now looking for their board to back up the **** they spouted then and carried on with for a while, with action. Their board have had their bluff called. There is nothing but the flimsiest evidence of anything more than a shove and a few choice words - dealt with by the law.

That's another thing they don't seem to be able to get their heads round. The laws of the land, as dealt with by the police and courts and the regulations around footballs governing body.

Both sets of fans agree the SFA is a toothless, useless institution but they don't seem quite able to take in its the member clubs, particularly their own club, that won't give the SFA any bite. If it had gone Hibs way with the liability stuff we'd have been hammered, toast!

It makes their whole post match seethe all the more enjoyable as they struggle to come to terms with being thick cut bread boys.

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Hibs have handled this perfectly.

I would like to see something done about the Huns fanzine and it's so called journalists now.

CropleyWasGod
29-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Hibs have handled this perfectly.

I would like to see something done about the Huns fanzine and it's so called journalists now.

We all would.

But I can't see that happening until the police operation, and the Court cases, have run their course.

mjhibby
29-09-2016, 12:37 PM

All we ever get from the sevco is blasting others. They need to start realising that their ridiculous views are only entertained because of the sfas acceptance of bigotry. There was no other outcome due to their being no strict liability. Just as laughable is the indignation jambos after their fans assaulting riordan and Lennon. The whole thing is a mess but unless we get an sfa fit for purpose willing to truly challenge the wrongs in Scottish football then this will keep being repeated. Pitch invasions happen all the time when teams win playoffs but the only time there is trouble is when the losers overreact. Doubt the printing of untruths Glasgow paper or the sevco fans will ever face reality.

NAE NOOKIE
29-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Looks like an argument for strict liability from them. How ****ing thick are they?

Exactly ..... They would need to sell another 10,000 season tickets every year just to cover the fines.

He also fails to mention that the only statement released in the aftermath of all this that in any way gave the green light to thuggish behaviour came from Sevco when they praised the vigilante actions of their own fans.

Their statement alludes to tacit approval of pitch invasions by fans from the SFA, ignoring the fact that their club condoned and therefor approved of not only their fans coming onto the pitch, but coming onto the pitch with the intention of causing violence, which included kicking a young lad in the face when he was already on the ground after being assaulted from behind by another Sevco fan and snatching a wee boy ... protecting the players my arse.

Of all the things that have happened between the final whistle on the 21st of May and the latest ruling the one thing the SFA should be hammering is that ridiculous Sevco statement ...... if ever a club was condoning violence by its supporters that statement was it, the SFA should publicly stamp on them for it.

Saint Hibee
29-09-2016, 01:12 PM
I want a Sevco statement and I want it now!

ancient hibee
29-09-2016, 01:46 PM

One thing's certain.You can have all the liability rules in the world but rangers will never be deducted points for fans singing Billy Boys.

surreyhibbie
29-09-2016, 02:26 PM
still seething on Keechback..

IWasThere2016
29-09-2016, 02:30 PM

In what form, an apology from that fat cant Traynor? :greengrin

Geo_1875
29-09-2016, 02:40 PM
One thing's certain.You can have all the liability rules in the world but rangers will never be deducted points for fans singing Billy Boys.

You can guarantee that sectarianism would be excluded from any list of offences.

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 03:02 PM
We all would.

But I can't see that happening until the police operation, and the Court cases, have run their course.

Jackshuns response to someone on twitter yesterday said it all about him. Someone said he was a liar and printed lies and he replied "have you never heard of IPSO?"

matty_f
29-09-2016, 03:08 PM

WTF has it got to do with them? :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Oh my mate shared an Jambo acquentaince's facebook post yesterday after the announcement. Pure rage.

It got me thinking tho, were Hearts personally punished for Lennon getting attacked, Riordan getting attacked or one trying to punch Scott Sinclair. 3 Football men all attacked in their stadium. More than the number attacked at Hampden. I don't believe they were punished as a club for any of those incidents so why would they expect this to be different?

Lennon incident - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13940373

Nameless
29-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Seconded!!

We NEED to know what they think about this, as they are the victims in all this.

northstandhibby
29-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Seconded!!

We NEED to know what they think about this, as they are the victims in all this.

I agree.

Lets hear it from you Sevco where is the outpouring of outraged victim-hood.

What about it Sevco?

:giruy2:

surreyhibbie
29-09-2016, 03:26 PM
WTF has it got to do with them? :greengrin

Exactly!

But anything that winds up the mutants is fine by me..

They really are a weird bunch on there. with very few exceptions..

JDHibs
29-09-2016, 03:28 PM

They issued one yesterday, get with the times...

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 03:31 PM
They issued one yesterday, get with the times...

That was just those nuggets at Club1872 wasnt it?

w pilton hibby
29-09-2016, 03:47 PM
That was just those nuggets at Club1872 wasnt it?

Unfortunately our representatives at Holyrood are now sticking their snouts in:

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14773180.Ministers_call_for_procedural_change_as_S FA_take_no_action_over_Scottish_Cup_final_riot/

marinello59
29-09-2016, 03:51 PM

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14773180.Ministers_call_for_procedural_change_as_S FA_take_no_action_over_Scottish_Cup_final_riot/

I wish they'd stop calling it a riot, it was nothing of the sort.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I wish they'd stop calling it a riot, it was nothing of the sort.
If they'd acted on existing sectarian hate legislation maybe there'd have been a good few huns less at hampden to really riot that day

Onion
29-09-2016, 03:56 PM

IMO we should welcome that. It's too late for them to do anything about the events of last May but is a serious shot across the bows of Regan and the SFA who not fit for purpose. What role DO they actually play in the running of the game these days if they're unable to even organise a match at Hampden without it collapsing into farce ? If politicians start to interfere, the main losers will be Celtic and Sevco. Gets more ironic by the day :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2016, 04:00 PM
Guessing think tank, gravy train, hand wringing, furrowed brows and tutting and then a down with this sort of thing initiative that will go nowhere.

number9dream
29-09-2016, 04:00 PM
The Uefa fines for Celtic and Legia Warsaw today are examples of strict liability.

They are also examples of how it's not working as a deterrent since both clubs get these kind of fines all the time. Uefa hit Celtic all the time for the Green Brigade banners and Lawwell always condemns them and they just do it again and again.

jax67
29-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I love the pronouncements from The Rangers and their fans group representatives. When I read them I'm hearing a loud Ulster accent a la Rev Ian Paisley. It's hilarious.

Just tried that. Hilarious!!👌👏

jax67
29-09-2016, 05:08 PM

And all from a club that are no strangers to pitch invasion, stadia wrecking, and a bit of City pillaging to boot. The The Rangers definitely spawn of Attilla.

ancient hibee
29-09-2016, 05:20 PM
And all from a club that are no strangers to pitch invasion, stadia wrecking, and a bit of City pillaging to boot. The The Rangers definitely spawn of Attilla.

It's not from the club.They've said nothing.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 05:26 PM

Supporter's Group Ancient, still the same though, thinking they are whiter than white, when every man and his dog, knows the real truth about them.....:cb

jax67
29-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Ok, supporter of The The Rangers.

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 06:15 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/d05977a835df3452f71dadc7189f5668.jpg

Aaaand there it is [emoji23]

CallumLaidlaw
29-09-2016, 06:17 PM
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-67/#.V-1Uq0BMqAI.twitter

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 06:26 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/d05977a835df3452f71dadc7189f5668.jpg

Aaaand there it is [emoji23]

Does it include evidence of the assaults? They really are stoopid. FA just need to send them another copy of the decision and get someone to read it to them.

Ants
29-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Thursday, 29 September 2016, 18:30
by Rangers Football Club

FOLLOWING yesterday’s Judicial Panel decision Rangers will be demanding urgent clarification from the Scottish FA over how they intend ensuring the safety of players and officials participating in this season’s Scottish Cup. The Club has been left shocked by the SFA’s approach to this vital safety issue and by the decision not to seek sanctions in respect of the assaults by Hibernian supporters on Rangers players and officials at the end of the Cup Final last May.

The Scottish FA must have a basic duty of care to ensure the safety of players and officials in matches played in their competitions and at Hampden.

Rangers were surprised and disappointed by the nature of the charges brought by the association believing them fundamentally flawed from the outset and cannot understand why the focus seemed to be on compensating the association for damage to Hampden Stadium and items such as advertising hoardings and LED panels rather than ensuring the safety of players and officials. Rangers are concerned that adopting this approach will not dissuade supporters of other Clubs from coming onto the field of play and/or assaulting players and officials.

Rangers were also astonished by the fact Hibernian, whose Chairman Rod Petrie is Vice-president of the Scottish FA, were permitted to engage the SPFL’s solicitor to fight the charges being brought by the SFA. Using the legal adviser to one of Scottish Football’s two governing bodies to defend charges brought by the other is worrying enough for those concerned with the good governance and integrity of Scottish Football, but it is even more disturbing when the party at the centre of the conflict also has a foot in both camps and is scheduled to become the SFA’s President. Rangers are also extremely disappointed at Mr Petrie’s continued failure to issue an apology in respect of the assaults on our players and officials.

At the time of the Cup Final Rangers shared the outrage and concern expressed by the Scottish FA Chief Executive Stewart Regan. He was very clear: ‘It was appalling. In the UK this is one of the worst incidents of its kind I’ve seen.’

However, four months on from the Final, the Scottish FA have still not held a formal de-brief. Sheriff Bowen has prepared and issued a report. Rangers were pleased to provide evidence to Sheriff Bowen and offered guidance from our own very experienced security team on the failings in policing and stewarding at the match. Rangers remain disappointed and concerned that the report did not address many of the issues raised by our security team. The concerns were raised not to attack individuals for what had happened but with a view to avoiding any repetition of these issues. Rangers would hope all of Scottish Football would be united in agreeing this is paramount.

The continued failure to deal properly and promptly with issues surrounding the Cup Final is alarming and a stain on Scottish football. The SFA must confront and learn from the issues that arose. Rangers owe it to our players and supporters to ensure that the Scottish FA’s duty of care is upheld and that those with authority in Scottish Football create a safe environment for the game.

It should be understood Rangers will not tolerate any of their employees being attacked with impunity.

There is only one stain on Scottish Football with their continued ignorant inept statements and also their barred party songs. :kettle:

johnbc70
29-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Fairly tame by their standards.

MartinfaePorty
29-09-2016, 06:30 PM
And they now love Stewart Regan, apparently!

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2016, 06:31 PM
It's like a mad dog barking at the moon :blah::rotflmao: We are all Rod Petrie :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Please please please let them boycott this year's cup :hilarious

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 06:34 PM
by Rangers Football Club

FOLLOWING yesterday’s Judicial Panel decision Rangers will be demanding urgent clarification from the Scottish FA over how they intend ensuring the safety of players and officials participating in this season’s Scottish Cup. The Club has been left shocked by the SFA’s approach to this vital safety issue and by the decision not to seek sanctions in respect of the assaults by Hibernian supporters on Rangers players and officials at the end of the Cup Final last May.

The Scottish FA must have a basic duty of care to ensure the safety of players and officials in matches played in their competitions and at Hampden.

Rangers were surprised and disappointed by the nature of the charges brought by the association believing them fundamentally flawed from the outset and cannot understand why the focus seemed to be on compensating the association for damage to Hampden Stadium and items such as advertising hoardings and LED panels rather than ensuring the safety of players and officials. Rangers are concerned that adopting this approach will not dissuade supporters of other Clubs from coming onto the field of play and/or assaulting players and officials.

Rangers were also astonished by the fact Hibernian, whose Chairman Rod Petrie is Vice-president of the Scottish FA, were permitted to engage the SPFL’s solicitor to fight the charges being brought by the SFA. Using the legal adviser to one of Scottish Football’s two governing bodies to defend charges brought by the other is worrying enough for those concerned with the good governance and integrity of Scottish Football, but it is even more disturbing when the party at the centre of the conflict also has a foot in both camps and is scheduled to become the SFA’s President. Rangers are also extremely disappointed at Mr Petrie’s continued failure to issue an apology in respect of the assaults on our players and officials.

At the time of the Cup Final Rangers shared the outrage and concern expressed by the Scottish FA Chief Executive Stewart Regan. He was very clear: ‘It was appalling. In the UK this is one of the worst incidents of its kind I’ve seen.’

However, four months on from the Final, the Scottish FA have still not held a formal de-brief. Sheriff Bowen has prepared and issued a report. Rangers were pleased to provide evidence to Sheriff Bowen and offered guidance from our own very experienced security team on the failings in policing and stewarding at the match. Rangers remain disappointed and concerned that the report did not address many of the issues raised by our security team. The concerns were raised not to attack individuals for what had happened but with a view to avoiding any repetition of these issues. Rangers would hope all of Scottish Football would be united in agreeing this is paramount.

The continued failure to deal properly and promptly with issues surrounding the Cup Final is alarming and a stain on Scottish football. The SFA must confront and learn from the issues that arose. Rangers owe it to our players and supporters to ensure that the Scottish FA’s duty of care is upheld and that those with authority in Scottish Football create a safe environment for the game.

It should be understood Rangers will not tolerate any of their employees being attacked with impunity.

There is only one stain on Scottish Football with their continued ignorant inept statements and also their barred party songs. :kettle:
They're silly billies but amusing when they are trying to be self righteous.

If only they didn't have all that previous[emoji1]

Northernhibee
29-09-2016, 06:38 PM
3-2 ya roasters

Dunbar Hibee
29-09-2016, 06:40 PM
They are seriously making a fool of themselves.

Again.

Kato
29-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Guessing think tank, gravy train, hand wringing, furrowed brows and tutting and then a down with this sort of thing initiative that will go nowhere.

...at best.

Kato
29-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Maybe The Rangers should show us the footage of all 6?/11?/48? players being assaulted. Then the PoPo would at least have an inkling as to what happened, can take steps, learn lessons and never let this happen again, as they say.

Haymaker
29-09-2016, 06:54 PM
The next Hibs v The Rangers game is going to be ****ing mental.

Springbank
29-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Maybe The Rangers should show us the footage of all 6?/11?/48? players being assaulted. Then the PoPo would at least have an inkling as to what happened, can take steps, learn lessons and never let this happen again, as they say.

Serious question : between 1648 and 1705 hours on 21 May 2016, was there anywhere in Scotland during that 17 minute period that had more cameras trained on it, switched on, recording? I suspect not. And yet none of those cameras, operated by experienced skilful cameramen, captured these alleged rangers player assaults, that rangers official statements keep mentioning? Ok then..

Real Emerald
29-09-2016, 07:08 PM
They're stirring up a hornets nest with this and at some point they will step over the line and I hope Hibs and their lawyers are ready to pounce. Talk about drama queens, and the irony of it all just makes you laugh. I hope they keep on stirring because they stand to lose so much more than everyone else if they really want teams to be hammered for the actions of their fans.

A real case of turkey's voting for Christmas, why can't they see this? :dunno: Oh, I forgot :crazy:

Mr White
29-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Serious question : between 1648 and 1705 hours on 21 May 2016, was there anywhere in Scotland during that 17 minute period that had more cameras trained on it, switched on, recording? I suspect not. And yet none of those cameras, operated by experienced skilful cameramen, captured these alleged rangers player assaults, that rangers official statements keep mentioning? Ok then..

Indeed. Lots of them captured fans of the rangers committing assault on the pitch but they'd prefer not to acknowledge that. At least not since they claimed these assaults were part of a valiant attempt to defend the new club's players and staff.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 07:14 PM

Good point, it's a bit like saying to King show us the over investing and untold wealth, there's a trend over there, through several recent owners, where if they say something often enough the orcs will swallow it.

They are doing a controlled exercise to distract away from the reality of the current regime and the results on the park. Its a question of how long before the orcs stop swallow swallowing and start questioning.

spikeymike
29-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Rangers were pleased to provide evidence to Sheriff Bowen and offered guidance from our own very experienced security team on the failings in policing and stewarding at the match. Rangers remain disappointed and concerned that the report did not address many of the issues raised by our security team.

Is that the same security team who oversees the safety of the away fans at ibrox!!

Onion
29-09-2016, 07:20 PM

:agree: If assaults had been carried out as claimed by The Rangers, then the Police have a duty to investigate - plain and simple. It goes way beyond simply fining a football club (Hibs) for the transgressions of its fans. Which all suggests that The Rangers accusations are hot air and false.

These Huns are without credibility and an embarrassment to themselves. Pathetic stuff, but entertaining.

northstandhibby
29-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Good point, it's a bit like saying to King show us the over investing and untold wealth, there's a trend over there, through several recent owners, where if they say something often enough the orcs will swallow it.

They are doing a controlled exercise to distract away from the reality of the current regime and the results on the park. Its a question of how long before the orcs stop swallow swallowing and start questioning.

It is exactly why they created such a stooshie over the pitch invasion. To deflect attention away from the disappointment of losing the cup.

Above all else King is terrified the huns begin turning on him for his broken promise of spending his kids inheritance before he departs the scene with suitcases filled with loot.

GGTTH

bingo70
29-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Any word on why the rangers fans ran on the pitch at Easter road when they won the league a few years back?!

I totally get the whole dignified silence thing Hibs are doing and I also understand we were ultimately guilty so the club can't defend the fans too much but there must be a carefully worded statement that could be released to put the Rangers and the daily record back in their box.

Topographic Hibby
29-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Indeed. Lots of them captured fans of the rangers committing assault on the pitch but they'd prefer not to acknowledge that. At least not since they claimed these assaults were part of a valiant attempt to defend the new club's players and staff.
Didn't FF or The Bears Den or some other odious site not encourage said "valiant defenders" to delete images from their phones?

Destruction of evidence - the actions of the innocent, eh?

makaveli1875
29-09-2016, 07:23 PM
the bottom line is david grays header in the 92nd minute ...

Wee Effen Bee
29-09-2016, 07:27 PM
3-2 ya roasters

Hoi you! Stop goading and provoking them. You'll only make matters worse you know as they will have to defend themselves by coming on here and verbally attacking our members :grr:.

SunshineOnLeith
29-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Any word on why the rangers fans ran on the pitch at Easter road when they won the league a few years back?!

I totally get the whole dignified silence thing Hibs are doing and I also understand we were ultimately guilty so the club can't defend the fans too much but there must be a carefully worded statement that could be released to put the Rangers and the daily record back in their box.

That would spoil all the fun, though. The statements are hilarious.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 07:32 PM
by Rangers Football Club

I reckon Reagan and the the rangers are wrong on this occasion - here's one that was far worse.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=rangers+fans+riot+in+manchester#id=6&vid=f768b6a8f3681eb74b070d7abada565d&action=click

bingo70
29-09-2016, 07:33 PM
That would spoil all the fun, though. The statements are hilarious.

Nah, they really wind me up.

More than they should do to be honest.

Onion
29-09-2016, 07:35 PM
At some point the Huns really need to move on as all they're doing is making themselves look increasingly sad and pathetic, and reminds everyone of the outcome of that historic Hibernian victory over a pathetic losing team who didn't have the guts for the fight or to pick up their losers medials. The games against Celtic and Aberdeen and their after-match bleating suggest this is going to be a long hard season for the Huns, Warburton and their apologetic media. Has there ever been a club with a bigger chip on it's shoulder ?

WoreTheGreen
29-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Did the tatties get a good result last night? Lying king diversion tactics again!

Jonnyboy
29-09-2016, 07:36 PM
I reckon Reagan and the the rangers are wrong on this occasion - here's one that was far worse.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=rangers+fans+riot+in+manchester#id=6&vid=f768b6a8f3681eb74b070d7abada565d&action=click

Now now, you can clearly see the thousands of The Rangers fans being goaded by a handful of coppers :wink:

JimBHibees
29-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Fairly tame by their standards.

Agree Traynor has obviously only had 5 pints this time rather than the usual 20 pint all dayer prior to the statement.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Now now, you can clearly see the thousands of The Rangers fans being goaded by a handful of coppers :wink:

Especially good view from the helicopter, never had one of them to deal with the goading at Hampden. They can't even blame West of Scotland FC thugs or those brutes that follow Scottish Cup FC as the record didn't out (invent) this new and dangerous group until the the rangers fans ran on the pitch when they lost their first Scottish cup final to Hibernian, 3-2 I think it was.

SunshineOnLeith
29-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Nah, they really wind me up.

More than they should do to be honest.

Trying to reason with a Hun is like playing chess with a pigeon.

Whatever you say or do, they'll knock over all the pieces, **** on the board, then fly off like they've won anyway.

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2016, 07:51 PM
They're getting personal now by calling Rod out on this.

Petrie's gloves will be off soon and we'll come fighting back. Our highly paid lawyer will be telling Rod to simmer down and sleep on it first :greengrin

Ozyhibby
29-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Did the tatties get a good result last night? Lying king diversion tactics again!

tatties??

4WAW
29-09-2016, 08:03 PM

Shirley that was the old club and nothing to do with the The Rangers? Same as when the old club's fans rioted at ER, different club, so nowt to do with the horrors experienced by the The Queen's Eleven at Hampden in May? I expect there will soon be a clarification from Jim (Rangers are an ex-club, they have ceased to be) Traynor. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

PS - is there a Scottish Cup or Sir DG icon that I can use in future posts?

macca70
29-09-2016, 08:14 PM
More Rangers fans than Hibby's have been arrested and the only person so far to receive a jail sentence is a Rangers fan!!!

I actually hate their club more and more each day, these statements are a great reminder how much we hurt them that day and how incredibly bitter they are about it.

It's statements like this that are stirring up the hatred between the fans though and it's going to mean absolute chaos next time we play each other.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2016, 08:15 PM
The rate the rangers are putting out statements, they'll soon be running out of crayons

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2016, 08:19 PM

Different club.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 08:20 PM
More Rangers fans than Hibby's have been arrested and the only person so far to receive a jail sentence is a Rangers fan!!!

I actually hate their club more and more each day, these statements are a great reminder how much we hurt them that day and how incredibly bitter they are about it.

It's statements like this that are stirring up the hatred between the fans though and it's going to mean absolute chaos next time we play each other.

They are pandering to their hordes of neanderthals. They should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2016, 08:30 PM
The oldco was bad enough, but FFS, the newco...it's one constant round of victim playing, whinging and special interest pleading. Has there ever been a more 'greeting faced' club ever?

Ozyhibby
29-09-2016, 08:44 PM
They are pandering to their hordes of neanderthals. They should be cited for bringing the game into disrepute

The disrepute charge seems to have disappeared from Scottish football since 2012 and the formation of the new club. The SFA has become impotent.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 08:49 PM
The disrepute charge seems to have disappeared from Scottish football since 2012 and the formation of the new club. The SFA has become impotent.

Always has been with regards Sellick and Sevco

Sir David Gray
29-09-2016, 08:53 PM
I wondered how long it would take them to issue this nonsense.

This lot seem to be forgetting that it's the lack of a "strict liability" rule being in place which is the main reason for no action being taken against either club. This is a rule which Rangers themselves are against coming into effect as it prevents them from being held responsible for the offensive and poisonous behaviour which pores out of the stands at Ibrox on a regular basis.

You can't have it both ways.

It's also laughable that they've got the nerve to question the integrity of others. This is an organisation which couldn't even spell the word, never mind tell anyone what it means.

Those individuals found to have committed offences that day have been dealt with by the country's legal system. That's generally what happens when people commit a CRIMINAL offence. That's not under the jurisdiction of the SFA and never has been.

Rangers should just stop there, they're now just embarrassing themselves.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 08:54 PM

This lot seem to be forgetting that it's the lack of a "strict liability" rule being in place which is the main reason for no action being taken against either club. This is a rule which Rangers themselves are against coming into effect as it prevents them from being held responsible for the offensive and poisonous behaviour which pores out of the stands at Ibrox on a regular basis.

It's also laughable that they've got the nerve to question the integrity of others. This is an organisation which couldn't even spell the word, never mind tell anyone what it means.

Those individuals found to have committed offences that day have been dealt with by the country's legal system. That's generally what happens when people commit a CRIMINAL offence. That's not under the jurisdiction of the SFA and never has been.

staunchhibby
29-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Under the FOI could we get the names of the names of the players allegedly assaulted and any subsequent medical reports.If there is none that ends there drivel.

Jonnyboy
29-09-2016, 10:03 PM

I disagree. The longer they go on embarrassing themselves the better :greengrin

tamig
29-09-2016, 10:27 PM
I wish just one member of the MSM would call them out on the myth they continue to peddle about assaults to their "players and staff". Just ask them to name the victims and to provide details of the assaults. It gets mentioned in every statement they release and rags like the DR compliantly continue to trot it out. A nonsense.

green day
29-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Quality response from Der Hun. The Government will now introduce/force through strict liability, and the main offenders will be the ugly sisters.

I can only see points deductions/expulsion from competition's.

Meanwhile, we got off almost Scot free with the cup resting quietly in the trophy cabinet.

Ya Beezer!

SuperAllyMcleod
29-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Different club.

Same fans though!

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance :greengrin but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant :faf: ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

If I was owner of Hibs that statement would be issued tomorrow morning.

CentreLine
30-09-2016, 01:48 AM
The oldco was bad enough, but FFS, the newco...it's one constant round of victim playing, whinging and special interest pleading. Has there ever been a more 'greeting faced' club ever?

I think we will see this ramped up more and more by The Rangers Football Club. IIRC there was a clear statement from the new club, when it was formed and refused access to the top league, along the lines that they would take revenge on those they considered responsible for not allowing the new club an unfair advantage. As I see it any little thing is going to be pounced upon as they try to bring down Scottish football.

The dignified thing to have done, IMHO, would have been to accept the situation, be grateful that the rules were bent to allow a new club direct access to the leagues and to quietly repay a little of their debt to Scottish football as they played their way towards the premier division. The fans of Rangers FC should have the same right as any other football supporter to have a team to follow. It would have been so much better for them and for Scottish football if the club they now follow had shown some dignity in all of this. I also believe they should be allowed to call the new club anything they want and to claim descent from 1872. The new club may not be Rangers football club but it cannot be denied that it is son of Rangers Football Club. However it seems that this club wants to kick out at everyone and sadly they have carried more than a minority of their fans with them. They cannot accept that this is a problem of their own making

Perhaps someone could find that quote from 2012 but in the meantime I suspect Level 5 wish the current scandal in English football was happening here.

Sadly I believe their intent is, at the very least, to bring down the SFA and SPFL hence their focus on RP's position in this instance. The SFA have not helped themselves mind you as they fail at every turn to deal with the constant disrepute piled on the game by releases from in and around Ibrox.

Scott Allan Key
30-09-2016, 02:58 AM
By 'across the world' I take it they mean Govan?

Govan isn't the Neanderthal hotbed of Huns one might think. Being Glasgow, geography counts for less than it should.

Callum_62
30-09-2016, 04:35 AM
When is Mark Warburton being arrested for his assault on John Beaton?

Since90+2
30-09-2016, 05:28 AM
When is Mark Warburton being arrested for his assault on John Beaton?

Yip. "Verbally assaulted" as the Record would say.

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2016, 05:45 AM
I wish just one member of the MSM would call them out on the myth they continue to peddle about assaults to their "players and staff". Just ask them to name the victims and to provide details of the assaults. It gets mentioned in every statement they release and rags like the DR compliantly continue to trot it out. A nonsense.

I wonder if an FOI request to Police Scotland regarding the number of players and officials interviewed about the alleged assaults would be worth it.

jax67
30-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Please please please let them boycott this year's cup :hilarious

I'd go one further. Why doesn't Scottish football just boycott the The Rangers??

Callum_62
30-09-2016, 06:16 AM
I wonder if an FOI request to Police Scotland regarding the number of players and officials interviewed about the alleged assaults would be worth it.

define 'assault'

apparently that could be what Warbs subjected Mr Beaton too.

Jdawg
30-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance :greengrin but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant :faf: ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

If I was owner of Hibs that statement would be issued tomorrow morning.

Hibs have done the correct thing and issued the small statement on our website. No need for anything else. The Rangers just make themselves look even more foolish. A complete laughing stock.

Never argue with the moronic, no good can even come of it.