PDA

View Full Version : Media Cup final disciplinary outcome

Pages : 1 [2]

Jack
30-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Under the FOI could we get the names of the names of the players allegedly assaulted and any subsequent medical reports.If there is none that ends there drivel.

Are you crazy? :-)

Making people's personal medical records available to the public!

Even anonymised medical records for research purposes can take months, sometimes years, of pointless negotiations before its declined!

There may be dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes at Ibrox were the medical staff are being put under pressure to make a false statement around the alleged assaults. If there are resignations or sackings in this area for any reason in the next wee while we can draw our own conclusion.

Saint Hibee
30-09-2016, 07:58 AM
If they were saying that all clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, I could understand that. If they were saying that all clubs cannot reasonably be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, I could understand that. But they seem to be saying that all clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters, with the sole exception of themselves!

ehf
30-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance :greengrin but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant :faf: ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

If I was owner of Hibs that statement would be issued tomorrow morning.

P.P.S. We won, you lost, get over it.

staunchhibby
30-09-2016, 08:18 AM
How do you go about using FOI.I would like to try and find out how many Rangers players have complained of assault.

Greenworld
30-09-2016, 08:27 AM
How do you go about using FOI.I would like to try and find out how many Rangers players have complained of assault.
Email police Scotland I guess

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2016, 08:42 AM
The phrase 'FOI Request' should be permanently banned from all football forums.

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2016, 08:47 AM
The phrase 'FOI Request' should be permanently banned from all football forums.

I'd rather have those who know the FOI process tell us what is and isn't possible under that process. Maybe have it as a sticky, so that every time the question comes up........ :deal:

w pilton hibby
30-09-2016, 09:03 AM

Police probably can't or won't tell you but according to this

https://mobile.twitter.com/sheenahibs/status/777499101965455361

a total of eleven players made complaints

Fife-Hibee
30-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Though I cant condone Rod Petrie's failure to issue an apology I'm sure it is just a result of exuberance :greengrin but using the SPFL's lawyer to represent Hibs at the hearing ...... brilliant :faf: ..... I said in a post a few weeks back that the calibre of our board in the shape of STF, Rod Petrie and Leann Dempster would be far too much of a challenge for 'Victims FC' and its looking more and more as if my confidence wasn't misplaced.

Mr Petrie's next course of action is clear ..... do just what Sevco want, issue a statement as follows:

'Though Hibs understand that the vast majority of fans who went onto the pitch did so merely to celebrate we obviously do not condone supporters entering the field of play at any time, the club acknowledge that a tiny minority of those fans went beyond 'celebration' by confronting some Sevco staff and in one case being found guilty of assault of a The Rangers player in a court of law. That fan has been banned from Easter Road, which is clear proof that Hibernian FC will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any of its supporters. Hibernian FC are happy to state that we deeply regret any distress or injury proved to have been caused to any employees or staff of The Rangers FC by this tiny fraction of its fans who were on the pitch'

'However, in view of The Rangers FC's persistent and public insistence that Hibernian FC should accept responsibility for the actions of the clubs supporters and apologise for them, even though those actions were outwith the clubs control, Hibernian football club expect that in this spirit and to avoid any accusations of hypocrisy being levelled, that The Rangers FC will also issue an apology to Hibernian FC for the vile sectarian abuse of the clubs manager on at least two occasions during the game and that they also condemn the clubs supporters for singing a banned sectarian song during the pitch invasion'

P.S. .... 'Hibernian FC also expect The Rangers FC to withdraw the statement they made following the game in a ridiculous attempt to excuse the violent conduct of their fans who also entered the field of play. Even if there was any truth in this statement, which is highly unlikely, it is the job of stadium security and Police Scotland to 'protect' staff and players of clubs, not vigilante groups of supporters and any suggestion that anything other than that being the case is acceptable in any circumstances is utterly reckless not to mention potentially dangerous. It also flies in the face of the obviously high standards that The Rangers FC clearly expect from every other club and their supporters.
We also find it extraordinary that the SFA allowed any of its member clubs to issue a statement supporting violent and unlawful actions by its supporters without taking immediate and punitive action.

Brilliant 10/10

Sioux
30-09-2016, 09:07 AM
define 'assault'

apparently that could be what Warbs subjected Mr Beaton too.

Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury. In Scotland, an 'assault' cannot be committed by words alone, nor can it be committed by accident.

There is no such thing as verbal assault. Mr Jackson et al STFU!

JeMeSouviens
30-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Hibs statement of 23rd May covers everything:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6529

Hibernian FC today reiterated:

-That the Club is sorry that a number of Hibernian supporters invaded the pitch. Whilst emotions were running high, the Club cannot condone supporters coming onto the field of play.

-That the Club will co-operate fully with all of the relevant authorities to identify supporters involved in behaviour which tarnishes the good name of Hibernian FC.

-In particular, the Club will do everything in its power to bring to book any Hibernian supporters found to have been involved in the most serious allegations of assault – including assaults on the staff or players of Rangers FC

-The Club will take the strongest possible sanctions against any supporters involved in criminal activity or unacceptable behaviour

Chairman Rod Petrie said: “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder.

I condemn and the Club condemns all of the violence and unacceptable conduct perpetrated on the pitch and elsewhere and in the margins of the match at Hampden. There is absolutely no place for it in the game of football.

"Hibernian will do all that it can to support the criminal investigations to ensure that those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions.”

Hun fannies. :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
30-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Simplified FoI request process here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

There is one outstanding already:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/arrest_statistics_for_scottish_c

JeMeSouviens
30-09-2016, 09:15 AM

tbh, I wouldn't bother. Arguing with the Huns is like wrestling a pig, you both get covered in **** but the pig loves it.

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Police probably can't or won't tell you but according to this

https://mobile.twitter.com/sheenahibs/status/777499101965455361

a total of eleven players made complaints

Being pedantic, it doesn't actually say that.

It says that 11 complaints were made. That could be 11 complaints that someone banjoed Lee Wallace.

Callum_62
30-09-2016, 09:43 AM

It says that 11 complaints were made. That could be 11 complaints that someone banjoed Lee Wallace.

Surely you mean 11 complaints by Lee Wallace.....

:wink:

Onion
30-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Hibs have done the correct thing and issued the small statement on our website. No need for anything else. The Rangers just make themselves look even more foolish. A complete laughing stock.

Never argue with the moronic, no good can even come of it.

Since Dempster arrived, Hibs judgement on most things has been spot on. Help of course by an understanding and grown up set of supporters 😊 As has been said, The Rangers are just acting like you would expect any spoiled 4 year old 😫

w pilton hibby
30-09-2016, 11:12 AM

..... or 11 complaints that someone hadn't banjoed Lee Wallace!

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2016, 11:15 AM
..... or 11 complaints that someone hadn't banjoed Lee Wallace!
[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2016, 11:20 AM
I wonder what Rangers really wanted to happen?

I mean, if the SFA came out condemning us as complete filth and fined us £1M a year for the next 5 years would they then have been happy?

Did they want the result rescinded and them to be awarded the cup?

I just don't get what they have to gain by banging on about this other than to try and appease they're own fans.

I think they should issue a statement of their demands and also what the consequences will be if they're not met. Kinda like a ransom note. They can use cuttings from the Record.

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Would LOVE them to boycott the Scottish Cup. Would probably only increase their chances of winning it though.

They should also feel free to boycott both the League and League Cup.

JeMeSouviens
30-09-2016, 11:30 AM

I mean, if the SFA came out condemning us as complete filth and fined us £1M a year for the next 5 years would they then have been happy?

I just don't get what they have to gain by banging on about this other than to try and appease they're own fans.

I think they should issue a statement of their demands and also what the consequences will be if they're not met. Kinda like a ransom note. They can use cuttings from the Record.

That's all it's about. Stir them up about big bad Hibs and they might deflect from how pish their team is. :wink:

southsider
30-09-2016, 11:32 AM
"see them kafliks, if it wasn't for them we'd have got our day in court and been able to show how we were only on the pitch defending our club when we were hitting people with corner flags, kicking and punching them and abducting that kid.

We have a legal defence fund and we are going to appeal this, no one is going to dismiss a case against us, we are the people, no surrender, we don't do walking away, well except when we let our previous club liquidate...........

it's a conspiracy"
Perhaps Mike Ashley should have hired Hibs' lawyers in his case against the lying King.

Topographic Hibby
30-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Not so much appease them as keep them banging on about the Cup Final, rather than more pressing matters, eg poor form, lack of cash, terrible signings, Joey Barton's home truths and a crumbling roof.

Edit: and a missing magic hat......

Bostonhibby
30-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Perhaps Mike Ashley should have hired Hibs' lawyers in his case against the lying King.
Aye, he could have spent his cash better. I don't think the the rangers are completely off his radar. He's probably just put it in his flies still to swat file.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
30-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Not so much appease them as keep them banging on about the Cup Final, rather than more pressing matters, eg poor form, lack of cash, terrible signings, Joey Barton's home truths and a crumbling roof.

Edit: and a missing magic hat......
Yep, the hat's a real problem for them. Personally I'd have waited to see if warbler managed to win the cup or achieve anything in the SPL rather than prematurely pronouncing it magic just because it worked against Dumbarton and other ***** like that.

Smartie
30-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Aye, he could have spent his cash better. I don't think the the rangers are completely off his radar. He's probably just put it in his flies still to swat file.

I think that Sports Direct's recent troubles came at a very convenient time for The Rangers.

If Ashley was still a powerful businessman at the helm of a successful enterprise with time on hands that could be spent tangling with Dave King then I'm sure that's what he'd be doing.

Instead he appears to have his hands full trying to salvage his and his company's reputation.

Those battles between King and Ashley may be one of the most pivotal moments in their short history. They're very lucky indeed that he seemed to get his lawyers from the legal equivalent of the 3 pairs of sports socks for £5 bin.

greenlex
30-09-2016, 12:15 PM

Apppeasing the hoards whilst trying to sweep poor results under the carpet and creating a smokescreen between them and the directors shortcomings. Nothing more. Nothing less. Where was your families inheritance investment in the summer Mr King?

Bostonhibby
30-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Would LOVE them to boycott the Scottish Cup. Would probably only increase their chances of winning it though.

They should also feel free to boycott both the League and League Cup.
Couldn't the Scottish cup boycott them?

It's the ideal solution for situations where jubilant fans do get on the pitch and give the media the chance to report positively on it. Man city on SKY for example.

Nae huns means no risks of losing fans being on the pitch and the prosecutions for assault and violence that follows their unwelcome intrusion on what is normally an exuberant and happy occasion

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Ceptic are about to rip them a new one in the league cup, and they seem to be already boycotting the league.

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2016, 12:51 PM

This is what makes Sevco's whole attitude to the affair so sinister. Their end game clearly isn't 'strict liability' because that would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas. As the weeks have gone by its obvious that the SFA have no intention of having the game replayed or awarding it to Sevco, the invasion happened after the final whistle and in no way affected the outcome of the match, so even the most deluded knuckle dragger cant have seen that as a possible outcome.

This blizzard of statements and hand wringing is clearly intended to reinforce an already well established siege mentality and playing the victim culture at Ibrox, which to the delight of the board their fans lap up. Mr King and his cronies see keeping this going as a handy distraction from a less than spectacular start to the season which included a humiliation at the hands of Celtic and as a sop to the support who by this time should be asking where the promised millions to invest in the team have gone. They have obviously not forgotten Rod Petrie's "sporting integrity" comments from 2012 either and they are clearly targeting him, which also goes down well with their fans.

Sevco have nothing to gain financially or on the field by this constant hectoring of the SFA to punish Hibs and badgering of us to apologise apart from as a handy tool in their ongoing agenda as set out above. What makes the whole thing so despicable is that if the SFA and judicial panels who have looked into the pitch invasion had listened to Sevco, Hibs as a club could have been hit with crippling punishments and we as the clubs fans would have no doubt been subject to sanctions as well.

Their utter disregard of any damage they could cause Hibs by using us as a tool in their ongoing internal struggles and historical beefs they have with the SFA is beneath contempt and worse than that is pouring petrol on what is already a historically volatile rivalry between the two clubs supporters. They are creating a situation which is going to make the next meeting between Hibs and The Rangers extremely volatile with the possibility of people getting hurt and all in the name of an agenda that Hibs in reality have nothing to do with.

What a despicable, vile, nasty, lying, bigoted little club they are.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I wish just one member of the MSM would call them out on the myth they continue to peddle about assaults to their "players and staff". Just ask them to name the victims and to provide details of the assaults. It gets mentioned in every statement they release and rags like the DR compliantly continue to trot it out. A nonsense.

Why should they have to provide any evidence?

If Rangers say it happened then that should be good enough for everyone. It certainly seems to be good enough for a large chunk of the mainstream media.

magpie1892
30-09-2016, 02:49 PM
At some point the powers that be will look at Rangers bringing the game into disrepute and ask them to cease with the statements already.

Absolutely. The unending stream of long, rambling, and aggressive statements from Level 5 is manna for hun fans and a useful distraction tool to deflect from how gash TRIFC are, but it's getting beyond a joke now. It's about time Sturgeon started delivering on her promise to act in the absence of any action from the SFA/SPFL to the hun fans' atrocious behaviour since the new club was formed.

emerald green
30-09-2016, 05:22 PM
The mentality at the Ibrox club is that they can say and do whatever they like. It's nothing new, and nobody should be in the slightest bit surprised.

Eyrie
30-09-2016, 05:33 PM
It's worth noting that whilst Sevco want Hibs to criticise our own fans for alleged violence, their own reaction to violence by their own fans was to praise them.

Onion
30-09-2016, 05:46 PM

Sevco regard Hibs as evil and responsible for their "relegation" in 2012. This is simply an opportunity for payback for that impertinence, and for a devastating defeat in May. If they could force Hibs out of business, get us banned from football and have all Hibs fans strung up, I think you're getting somewhere close to their ideal outcome. This kind of mentality used to be mainly confined to their supporters, but now it seems the club and it's executives have lost their senses.

Mr White
30-09-2016, 07:15 PM
It's worth noting that whilst Sevco want Hibs to criticise our own fans for alleged violence, their own reaction to violence by their own fans was to praise them.

:top marks

Fuzzywuzzy
30-09-2016, 07:59 PM
The seethe is strong

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/300465-hampden-protest/&page=1

**** me

Mr White
30-09-2016, 08:08 PM
The seethe is strong

**** me

I had to stop reading after:

IMO the only*way for this to hit the headlines again is for the club to threaten to withdraw from the Scottish Cup unless assurances are given on the safety of our players - and details are provided on how this is going*to be achieved.*

I'm not sure if I'm going to spew or hurt myself laughing after reading some of the nuggets on that thread :hilarious

mca
30-09-2016, 08:10 PM

Excellent.. Well Said..

Sir David Gray
30-09-2016, 08:26 PM

IMO the only*way for this to hit the headlines again is for the club to threaten to withdraw from the Scottish Cup unless assurances are given on the safety of our players - and details are provided on how this is going*to be achieved.*

I'm not sure if I'm going to spew or hurt myself laughing after reading some of the nuggets on that thread :hilarious

I'll back this motion.

Could they withdraw from the league as well while they're at it?

That would be splendid. :aok:

PapillonVert
30-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Excellent.. Well Said..

You know, even though I have the time on my hands to read through endless posts (but Jings, I just dinnae want tae) I would be interested to read about what the fans of other clubs think of all this.

I am sure most of them, especially the Dons, for example, will be with us. Like, Get over it and Move On.

Can any wonderful, IT expert person just give us a link or two or three or four some other fan sites that just kind of support me on this?

Ta so vey muchly.
. :thumbsup:

Jim44
30-09-2016, 08:36 PM

As I posted earlier, this perverted attitude is breathtaking. Some geezer is seriously claiming that Sevco are now disadvantaged in the transfer market as players will fear for their safety.

weecounty hibby
30-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Fans of every club in the country are laughing about them. And I mean every club, not just us, Celtic, Aberdeen etc. But I work beside Raith and East Fife fans and know a couple of Alloa fans and they are pissing themselves at the total embarrassment that is The Rangers. You lost the final, get over it. You have no money, deal with it. You have a bang average team, get used to it. Your owner is a lying ******* who will invest nowt, you'd better believe it. GIRFUY Huns

One Day Soon
30-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Absolutely. The unending stream of long, rambling, and aggressive statements from Level 5 is manna for hun fans and a useful distraction tool to deflect from how gash TRIFC are, but it's getting beyond a joke now. It's about time Sturgeon started delivering on her promise to act in the absence of any action from the SFA/SPFL to the hun fans' atrocious behaviour since the new club was formed.

This is spot on.

What they wanted from the enquiry is exactly what they have now got. An opportunity for grievance to be endlessly nursed and magnified out of all proportion with very little by way of supporting facts or arguments that stack up so that they can return to it again and again as a dripping roast since they have very little else to offer.

Silly people.
Now I'm sure a similar grievance approach is going on somewhere else in Scotland, but I just can't recall what it is...
Perhaps I'm imagining it.

Glory Lurker
30-09-2016, 09:06 PM
This is spot on.

What they wanted from the enquiry is exactly what they have now got. An opportunity for grievance to be endlessly nursed and magnified out of all proportion with very little by way of supporting facts or arguments that stack up so that they can return to it again and again as a dripping roast since they have very little else to offer.

Silly people.
Now I'm sure a similar grievance approach is going on somewhere else in Scotland, but I just can't recall what it is...
Perhaps I'm imagining it.

And there I was thinking "good to see ODS back", but then you just couldn't help yourself, could you? :greengrin

leggeto
30-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Thursday, 29 September 2016, 18:30
by Rangers Football Club

FOLLOWING yesterday’s Judicial Panel decision Rangers will be demanding urgent clarification from the Scottish FA over how they intend ensuring the safety of players and officials participating in this season’s Scottish Cup. The Club has been left shocked by the SFA’s approach to this vital safety issue and by the decision not to seek sanctions in respect of the assaults by Hibernian supporters on Rangers players and officials at the end of the Cup Final last May.

The Scottish FA must have a basic duty of care to ensure the safety of players and officials in matches played in their competitions and at Hampden.

Rangers were surprised and disappointed by the nature of the charges brought by the association believing them fundamentally flawed from the outset and cannot understand why the focus seemed to be on compensating the association for damage to Hampden Stadium and items such as advertising hoardings and LED panels rather than ensuring the safety of players and officials. Rangers are concerned that adopting this approach will not dissuade supporters of other Clubs from coming onto the field of play and/or assaulting players and officials.

Rangers were also astonished by the fact Hibernian, whose Chairman Rod Petrie is Vice-president of the Scottish FA, were permitted to engage the SPFL’s solicitor to fight the charges being brought by the SFA. Using the legal adviser to one of Scottish Football’s two governing bodies to defend charges brought by the other is worrying enough for those concerned with the good governance and integrity of Scottish Football, but it is even more disturbing when the party at the centre of the conflict also has a foot in both camps and is scheduled to become the SFA’s President. Rangers are also extremely disappointed at Mr Petrie’s continued failure to issue an apology in respect of the assaults on our players and officials.

At the time of the Cup Final Rangers shared the outrage and concern expressed by the Scottish FA Chief Executive Stewart Regan. He was very clear: ‘It was appalling. In the UK this is one of the worst incidents of its kind I’ve seen.’

However, four months on from the Final, the Scottish FA have still not held a formal de-brief. Sheriff Bowen has prepared and issued a report. Rangers were pleased to provide evidence to Sheriff Bowen and offered guidance from our own very experienced security team on the failings in policing and stewarding at the match. Rangers remain disappointed and concerned that the report did not address many of the issues raised by our security team. The concerns were raised not to attack individuals for what had happened but with a view to avoiding any repetition of these issues. Rangers would hope all of Scottish Football would be united in agreeing this is paramount.

The continued failure to deal properly and promptly with issues surrounding the Cup Final is alarming and a stain on Scottish football. The SFA must confront and learn from the issues that arose. Rangers owe it to our players and supporters to ensure that the Scottish FA’s duty of care is upheld and that those with authority in Scottish Football create a safe environment for the game.

It should be understood Rangers will not tolerate any of their employees being attacked with impunity.

There is only one stain on Scottish Football with their continued ignorant inept statements and also their barred party songs. :kettle:

Still proper raging I see

Love it :)

One Day Soon
30-09-2016, 09:11 PM
And there I was thinking "good to see ODS back", but then you just couldn't help yourself, could you? :greengrin

Ach, you'd feel let down if I didn't. :wink:

northstandhibby
30-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Fans of every club in the country are laughing about them. And I mean every club, not just us, Celtic, Aberdeen etc. But I work beside Raith and East Fife fans and know a couple of Alloa fans and they are pissing themselves at the total embarrassment that is The Rangers. You lost the final, get over it. You have no money, deal with it. You have a bang average team, get used to it. Your owner is a lying ******* who will invest nowt, you'd better believe it. GIRFUY Huns

This is very true.

Our club has come out of this with a huge amount of respect with the silent dignity in the face of a vicious onslaught by the huns.

They on the other hand have ended up as as a sad embarrassment with their 'media releases'.

It has backfired on them big-time.

GGTTH

JAY-ESS GREEN
30-09-2016, 10:26 PM
The seethe is strong

**** me

Had it wrong all these years apparently it's the Vatican that runs the media in our "wee sh$@hole country".

silverhibee
30-09-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm hoping for the peaceful pitch invasion in the semi, it will last about 5 seconds, Scottish Police will be batons and tasters out and turn it in to a riot.

What a horrible bunch.

Bostonhibby
30-09-2016, 11:49 PM
I'll back this motion.

Could they withdraw from the league as well while they're at it?

That would be splendid. :aok:
Any chance of the male of this particular sub species giving withdrawal a go?

They are a dying breed anyway as society moves on, but any form of contraception has got to help[emoji6]

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2016, 12:37 AM
The seethe is strong

**** me

The one guy speaking sense and pointing out to them what the reality of the SFA punishing Hibs would have meant for Sevco is subjected to sectarian abuse and the others are talking about boycotting the Scottish cup and even away games coz that'll hurt the other clubs, forgetting that for the last 4 years they got by just fine without a visit from the knuckle draggers and having their seats ripped up and bogs vandalised.

I used to think the old joke ..... Q ... 'what's red white and blue and has an IQ of 150? ... A .... 'a hundred and fifty Rangers supporters' was just a joke, but now I'm not so sure :faf:

CMac1988
01-10-2016, 02:12 AM
The one guy speaking sense and pointing out to them what the reality of the SFA punishing Hibs would have meant for Sevco is subjected to sectarian abuse and the others are talking about boycotting the Scottish cup and even away games coz that'll hurt the other clubs, forgetting that for the last 4 years they got by just fine without a visit from the knuckle draggers and having their seats ripped up and bogs vandalised.

I used to think the old joke ..... Q ... 'what's red white and blue and has an IQ of 150? ... A .... 'a hundred and fifty Rangers supporters' was just a joke, but now I'm not so sure :faf:

Don't know if you seen his latest posts but he's went off on one. Can't argue much with his original post but it's all so pleasing...

jax67
01-10-2016, 07:19 AM
I think we will see this ramped up more and more by The Rangers Football Club. IIRC there was a clear statement from the new club, when it was formed and refused access to the top league, along the lines that they would take revenge on those they considered responsible for not allowing the new club an unfair advantage. As I see it any little thing is going to be pounced upon as they try to bring down Scottish football.

The dignified thing to have done, IMHO, would have been to accept the situation, be grateful that the rules were bent to allow a new club direct access to the leagues and to quietly repay a little of their debt to Scottish football as they played their way towards the premier division. The fans of Rangers FC should have the same right as any other football supporter to have a team to follow. It would have been so much better for them and for Scottish football if the club they now follow had shown some dignity in all of this. I also believe they should be allowed to call the new club anything they want and to claim descent from 1872. The new club may not be Rangers football club but it cannot be denied that it is son of Rangers Football Club. However it seems that this club wants to kick out at everyone and sadly they have carried more than a minority of their fans with them. They cannot accept that this is a problem of their own making

Perhaps someone could find that quote from 2012 but in the meantime I suspect Level 5 wish the current scandal in English football was happening here.

Sadly I believe their intent is, at the very least, to bring down the SFA and SPFL hence their focus on RP's position in this instance. The SFA have not helped themselves mind you as they fail at every turn to deal with the constant disrepute piled on the game by releases from in and around Ibrox.

M.O.M. Performance.👏👌

jax67
01-10-2016, 07:21 AM
Had it wrong all these years apparently it's the Vatican that runs the media in our "wee sh$@hole country".

Let's all sign that petition!!

jax67
01-10-2016, 07:24 AM
The seethe is strong

**** me

We should help them out and sign it too.
http://YouTube.be/P8ciVBQixpU
Candy gram for The Rangers

Fuzzywuzzy
01-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Just gets funnier and funnier

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/10/rangers-are-the-real-stain-on-scottish-football/

Very true though

The Green Goblin
01-10-2016, 03:19 PM

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/10/rangers-are-the-real-stain-on-scottish-football/

Very true though

He could even also have mentioned the appalling destruction in Manchester in 2008, old firm match violence, their own pitch invasion at Easter Road (of all places) in 2005...

grunt
01-10-2016, 03:41 PM

I think that's a very good article. Says a lot of the things I've been thinking since the final.

weecounty hibby
01-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Excellent article. Isn't it amazing that this is what very single fan of very single club in Scotland thinks yet the piss poor scottish main stream media still pander to the lowest common denominator within the Hun fanbase. Both the media and the Huns are an embarrasment

PatHead
01-10-2016, 06:50 PM
According to the BBC (in the middle of an article, no headlines) there was fighting on the pitch after the Hull v Salford Rugby League match. Wonder how much press coverage that will get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37488691

hibsbollah
01-10-2016, 07:22 PM

Very true though

That article depressed me.
In the sense that it's some guy's page online and that it's not the commonplace, accepted, consensus view of all the national media.

Andy74
01-10-2016, 09:58 PM
According to the BBC (in the middle of an article, no headlines) there was fighting on the pitch after the Hull v Salford Rugby League match. Wonder how much press coverage that will get?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/37488691

Thought the same thing. Can you see enquiries and government comment?

CallumLaidlaw
01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Thought the same thing. Can you see enquiries and government comment?

4 wee lines compared to the coverage we got from the Scottish press. Says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
02-10-2016, 04:03 PM
http://bit.ly/2cKroBq

Mr White
02-10-2016, 04:07 PM
http://bit.ly/2cKroBq

Surely the SFA would be in front of us and the huns for legal action no? Security was their concern, they hired the equipment from TFC and since they themselves have failed to implement strict liability I can't see any claim against the clubs making it to court tbh.

There's no way Glasgow City Council should have to pick up the bill though.

magpie1892
02-10-2016, 05:05 PM
That article depressed me.
In the sense that it's some guy's page online and that it's not the commonplace, accepted, consensus view of all the national media.

Even more depressing, as I previously confirmed in response to what was a rhetorical enquiry, is that - more-or-less - that is the view of the national media, but woe betide any reporter who files anything along those lines. Would just get spiked.

GlasgowHibee
02-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Surely the SFA would be in front of us and the huns for legal action no? Security was their concern, they hired the equipment from TFC and since they themselves have failed to implement strict liability I can't see any claim against the clubs making it to court tbh.

There's no way Glasgow City Council should have to pick up the bill though.

Who does?

Mr White
02-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Who does?

Given that the company (TFC Scotland) have had their insurance claim rejected on the grounds that the damage was caused by a "riot" then I would say the SFA are liable instead of the clubs since strict liability was rejected. If the only reason that the council has been mentioned at all is because of some archaic 200 year old legislation then that's wrong imo. Why should the council be held liable for an event organised and hosted by the SFA?

northstandhibby
02-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Given that the company (TFC Scotland) have had their insurance claim rejected on the grounds that the damage was caused by a "riot" then I would say the SFA are liable instead of the clubs since strict liability was rejected. If the only reason that the council has been mentioned at all is because of some archaic 200 year old legislation then that's wrong imo. Why should the council be held liable for an event organised and hosted by the SFA?

I think the only chance of successfully seeking compensation for damage done to their equipment would be to sue Co-Defenders the SFA and Police Scotland.

They would have no chance of winning a claim against an individual club at a match played at Hampden.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
02-10-2016, 07:36 PM
I think the only chance of successfully seeking compensation for damage done to their equipment would be to sue Co-Defenders the SFA and Police Scotland.

They would have no chance of winning a claim against an individual club at a match played at Hampden.

GGTTH

Glasgow Council are considering suing Hibs and Rangers to cover the cost of the LED Advertising Things £800,000

Mr White
02-10-2016, 07:47 PM
The claim against the council from the company that supplied the led boards looks pretty flimsy (not unlike their hardware) but any case by the council against the clubs is even weaker imo.

It raises the question of why TFC would consider raising action against the council (on the grounds of ancient bylaws) rather than the organisation that contracted them in the first place and ultimately failed to ensure the hardware survived the event they organised. Maybe to protect future contracts perhaps? Or maybe the wording of the contract that the SFA signed protects them from any liability for damage caused by supporters?

Either way, this weeks outcome of disciplinary action against the clubs leaves the SFA more exposed than Hibs are. I hope :greengrin

northstandhibby
02-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Glasgow Council are considering suing Hibs and Rangers to cover the cost of the LED Advertising Things £800,000

I am certain the court of session would not in a million years hold either individual club liable for fans entering the field of play and damaging equipment.

Liability for securing the perimeter of the pitch and field of play will most probably rest with the SFA and Police Scotland.

Both individual clubs would have been required to hire their own security to police the perimeter of the pitch if liability for securing the perimeter of the pitch had fallen upon them.

I put it the SFA private security and Police Scotland were liable for securing the perimeter of the pitch and field of play and any proceedings would name them both as Co-Defenders.

:aok:

Ronniekirk
02-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Maybe someone in the Council just wants to noise The Rangers up

Jack
03-10-2016, 05:29 AM
A piece by Brodies the lawyers following the riots in England a while ago and how that would work in Scotland.

http://www.brodies.com/node/1668

Moulin Yarns
03-10-2016, 05:35 AM
A piece by Brodies the lawyers following the riots in England a while ago and how that would work in Scotland.

http://www.brodies.com/node/1668

That explains the claim against Glasgow City Council.

lapsedhibee
03-10-2016, 07:05 AM

Very true though

"you do know that your club voted against strict liability and that Hibernian voted in favour of it"

Is this true? :dunno:

Argylehibby
03-10-2016, 07:09 AM
"you do know that your club voted against strict liability and that Hibernian voted in favour of it"

Pretty sure we voted against it.

oldbutdim
03-10-2016, 07:27 AM
It was a secret vote and only a handful of clubs were in favour. I would guess these 'for' clubs are lower league.

Jack
03-10-2016, 07:31 AM

I was always of the understanding we were one of 5 clubs voting for it.

greenginger
03-10-2016, 12:58 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-and-rangers-face-being-sued-after-cup-final-1-4246587

Now Glasgow Council are going to sue us for the damage to the advertising hoardings.

Well, we might be able to find out where all the polis who were meant to be pitch side at the end of the game actually were.

Onion
03-10-2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-and-rangers-face-being-sued-after-cup-final-1-4246587

Now Glasgow Council are going to sue us for the damage to the advertising hoardings.

Well, we might be able to find out where all the polis who were meant to be pitch side at the end of the game actually were.

Good luck with that :thumbsup: Presume all started because the owners of the ad hoardings didn't think want to pay for adequate insurance. Idiots.

So GCC sue Hibs and Sevco, who then sue Police Scotland for not providing adequate security, who sue GCC for not providing enough officers. Madness.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Good luck with that [emoji106] Presume all started because the owners of the ad hoardings didn't think want to pay for adequate insurance. Idiots.

So GCC sue Hibs and Sevco, who then sue Police Scotland for not providing adequate security, who sue GCC for not providing enough officers. Madness.
The owners probably do have insurance. But they're not going to claim if they can get the full value from someone else. Otherwise they'll have to pay their excess, and have their premiums increase next year.
And the insurance would then sue us or whoever anyway.

BigKev
03-10-2016, 02:30 PM
I'd imagine Hibs and TRFC would have some form of liability insurance which would cover damage to third party goods.

As should the SFA.

However, where are they getting 800k from? I'm not believing that's the cost of what is effectively just a long, narrow tv screen. If they're worth more than 30k I'd be surprised. How many adverts would need to run just to cover the initial cost if they were £800k?

Sheer fantasy figures.

s.a.m
03-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Well this could run and run:cb.... it'll be interesting if Glasgow CC successfully demonstrate a 'strict liability' case in the courts, with the clubs and football authorities being unwilling to pursue it themselves.

greenginger
03-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I'd imagine Hibs and TRFC would have some form of liability insurance which would cover damage to third party goods.

As should the SFA.

However, where are they getting 800k from? I'm not believing that's the cost of what is effectively just a long, narrow tv screen. If they're worth more than 30k I'd be surprised. How many adverts would need to run just to cover the initial cost if they were £800k?

Sheer fantasy figures.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/qSbLwfSJYjnAzXwU-U2dtLAxTvAvYUL7SXE5zZaNFeE/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAITWNXPZFS62VSENQ&Expires=1475507531&Signature=OkrjcTSrzGkzSKNVRJP2%2FyGFwMU%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEI7%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEa DGzfU1XON9tuQnqJ3iKcA1uGvgj6QNF4pVXqzH0kh10lcyKcTS 7mjNAgXJ%2F6BmilsuqQsTCGdb4RpELz%2BVxZFhtzVA6XAlVy mrEgsiuAQamc8VYW1YUn%2Fx7ToXbnoBYfq%2FnmMsPcikXWw1 PMp0ozqX%2FC8V1M5yMfgKiurnpm6hf65muBwMakDkoiptVDQN t%2BPX1qBrofpZH%2B1Xb%2B%2BYdRatgp5%2B7yw6%2FQv0cj mISVNuhN5Prhq1Xl5MKnkEhtBrvJWXknzZo4%2BoGSA%2BorcW 2UUURDKvUQvYAwTQfo6OS37NTtSWPQk3X98qvcpbTaTFDCKrQW IMgNgNRQi%2BkQLX1Ont42gkMTZFCq0MClBS4ySycrj0x3wVlB gvVbg%2BFHACEmJpbzfm%2FSWJyIyvEDOQtVXnYjk8vecJ10YB bDNYOwhoGCrVgR7o4rNUHvcc4d2m3TR24%2Fv4mnDZQHBc%2FB rB3czzmfOqFTEg%2BrpJdjTXCTr%2BmnD10Yngl0ewmD8XM0d% 2Bf3VcrlvVQFQhwO%2FSxKO8EutBf7nAB2%2FrVQH24%2Fk5qf 8C%2BidDzK%2F3NWUgFQBPAo96rJvwU%3D

Their accounts say they have nett tangible fixed assets of £ 857,000 but not what the figure is made up from.

Looks like we broke every thing the company owned.

green day
03-10-2016, 03:40 PM
The owners probably do have insurance. But they're not going to claim if they can get the full value from someone else. Otherwise they'll have to pay their excess, and have their premiums increase next year.

Not directed at you, but why would they sue Hibs (or Rangers), when neither club had anything to do with security arrangements at Hampden?

Whenever any live event (music gig / boxing etc) takes place, there is a promoter. They - whether they like it or not - are responsible and usually have insurance - not the band, boxers etc.

In this case, the "promoter" was the SFA.

The actual article states that the council is "considering options" - presumably because it doesnt want to say something and end up looking like prize idiots.

greenlex
03-10-2016, 03:47 PM
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/qSbLwfSJYjnAzXwU-U2dtLAxTvAvYUL7SXE5zZaNFeE/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAITWNXPZFS62VSENQ&Expires=1475507531&Signature=OkrjcTSrzGkzSKNVRJP2%2FyGFwMU%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEI7%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEa DGzfU1XON9tuQnqJ3iKcA1uGvgj6QNF4pVXqzH0kh10lcyKcTS 7mjNAgXJ%2F6BmilsuqQsTCGdb4RpELz%2BVxZFhtzVA6XAlVy mrEgsiuAQamc8VYW1YUn%2Fx7ToXbnoBYfq%2FnmMsPcikXWw1 PMp0ozqX%2FC8V1M5yMfgKiurnpm6hf65muBwMakDkoiptVDQN t%2BPX1qBrofpZH%2B1Xb%2B%2BYdRatgp5%2B7yw6%2FQv0cj mISVNuhN5Prhq1Xl5MKnkEhtBrvJWXknzZo4%2BoGSA%2BorcW 2UUURDKvUQvYAwTQfo6OS37NTtSWPQk3X98qvcpbTaTFDCKrQW IMgNgNRQi%2BkQLX1Ont42gkMTZFCq0MClBS4ySycrj0x3wVlB gvVbg%2BFHACEmJpbzfm%2FSWJyIyvEDOQtVXnYjk8vecJ10YB bDNYOwhoGCrVgR7o4rNUHvcc4d2m3TR24%2Fv4mnDZQHBc%2FB rB3czzmfOqFTEg%2BrpJdjTXCTr%2BmnD10Yngl0ewmD8XM0d% 2Bf3VcrlvVQFQhwO%2FSxKO8EutBf7nAB2%2FrVQH24%2Fk5qf 8C%2BidDzK%2F3NWUgFQBPAo96rJvwU%3D

Their accounts say they have nett tangible fixed assets of £ 857,000 but not what the figure is made up from.

Looks like we broke every thing the company owned.
They could of course lease the equipment? Should be insured tho.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Not directed at you, but why would they sue Hibs (or Rangers), when neither club had anything to do with security arrangements at Hampden?

Whenever any live event (music gig / boxing etc) takes place, there is a promoter. They - whether they like it or not - are responsible and usually have insurance - not the band, boxers etc.

The actual article states that the council is "considering options" - presumably because it doesnt want to say something and end up looking like prize idiots.

I did say "or whoever".

They will sue anyone that they think they can get the insurance claim from.

son of haggart
03-10-2016, 04:10 PM

The council won't say anything because their legal advisors will tell them not to in case they damage any case they have.

Bostonhibby
03-10-2016, 04:17 PM
I did say "or whoever".

They will sue anyone that they think they can get the insurance claim from.
If they name Hibernian football club on any proceedings they will have to prove some form of duty was owed to the sign owners and that Hibernian football club were in some way responsible for the damage as a result of an act of negligence on the club's part.

Good luck with that one. Their civil claim is against the individuals who did the damage in the first instance, then against whoever had control of the safety of the site then the police for failing to manage a "riot" if they did indeed declare one.

Onion
03-10-2016, 04:21 PM

Legal costs of suing the GCC (and risks associated with that) will dwarf their excess. Much more likely to claim and then chase the GCC for the excess and/or added prems.

Damage is declarable loss and likely to impact their future prems, whether they claim or not. Although suppose they could try to keep it quiet and hope that no one from the insurers was watching the match or read the papers :greengrin