PDA

View Full Version : Stevie May

Big L
27-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Stevie May been out with ligament damage past 11 months due back in a couple of weeks. Not been prolific since his move down south, played 37 scored 7 for Sheffield Wed, played 7 times for Preston scored zero. Preston going well, might struggle to get game time, could be a nice wee loan signing or purchase for us at the break. We certainly need goals !

lyonhibs
27-09-2016, 07:48 PM
So we've to sign a recovering crock that's not been scoring even when he wasn't crocked?

The St Johnstone Stevie May, yes please. this one, no thanks.

Captain Trips
27-09-2016, 07:54 PM
So we've to sign a recovering crock that's not been scoring even when he wasn't crocked?

Agreed yeah was might still be good but we are in to much of an important season to be giving players a chance of loan to gain fitness. For me we need goals goals goals from midfield.

Big L
27-09-2016, 07:58 PM

By the time the break comes, 3 months, he will be fit!

Michael
27-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I would take him - he's still only 23. Was fantastic for St. Johnstone.

edwards
27-09-2016, 08:39 PM

I tend to agree but Dobbie wasn't on fire when playing under Lennon at Bolton and look at him now.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Cracking player but we've got 4 strikers who are more than capable at this level. I've no concerns once our strike partnerships click we'll be banging them in and all this will be long forgotten

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 09:40 PM
If we are looking for goals at window time I would rather we got Insall back.

Big L
27-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Agreed yeah was might still be good but we are in to much of an important season to be giving players a chance of loan to gain fitness. For me we need goals goals goals from midfield.

The 18yrd box is a no go area for our midfielders. In the 2 yrs Stubbs was in charge and this season to date, how many goals have our mid's scored? I remember a cracker from McGinn, any more for any more!!

Forza Fred
27-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Cracking player but we've got 4 strikers who are more than capable at this level. I've no concerns once our strike partnerships click we'll be banging them in and all this will be long forgotten

How long before they click?

Big_Franck
28-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Stevie May would be a great signing. He's got plenty time to get fit before January. I'd even say that if we were interested and we pulled it off that he'd be our best striker.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-09-2016, 07:34 AM
How long before they click?

We've only played 7 games. But I'll go for some point in October

hfc rd
28-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Would be a very good signing. However reckon their will be a host of other Scottish clubs in for him as well, if he were to be available. Sevco, yams, sheep might be interested in him knowing that he is a proven goal-scorer in the top flight here.

Personally feel, we need to improve our wide areas more than bringing in another striker as their is hardly, if any pace and width in this current team.