PDA

View Full Version : Tony Andreu - a threat that needs watched

California-Hibs
27-09-2016, 05:26 AM
So when I've looked over the United results in recent weeks he's appeared to score a few goals for them, 4 in 7? All from midfield, is not a bad return at all. He was a thorn in our side when he was at Hamilton, and when there was availability with him before he went to United I recall quite a few posters on here calling for him to be recruited.

We need to make sure he doesn't get a sniff on Sunday, as he surely is their biggest threat.

Thoughts?

Del Boy
27-09-2016, 06:09 AM
He's actually scored 5 in his 4 appearances. Only game he didn't score in was Falkirk when he went off injured.

Definitely united's biggest threat.

California-Hibs
27-09-2016, 06:19 AM
He's actually scored 5 in his 4 appearances. Only game he didn't score in was Falkirk when he went off injured.

Definitely united's biggest threat.

Geez, there you go, 5 in 4! (Could of researched that better myself) but yes, definitely a big threat.

JDHibs
27-09-2016, 06:59 AM
People said the same about Dobbie last week and he basically never touched the ball.

Full confidence that Bartley will have him in his back pocket.

calumhibee1
27-09-2016, 07:08 AM
People said the same about Dobbie last week and he basically never touched the ball.

Full confidence that Bartley will have him in his back pocket.

Yup. I am not one bit worried about any of there players. I'm thinking they'll come out and play a bit more than other teams in this league. If that's the case we will absolutely tank them.

Heisenberg
27-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Yup. I am not one bit worried about any of there players. I'm thinking they'll come out and play a bit more than other teams in this league. If that's the case we will absolutely tank them.

They are a Ray McKinnon team right enough. Very physical hoofball merchants. We should be beating them going by their results so far.

lyonhibs
27-09-2016, 07:22 AM
To be honest, not 1 opposition player should be of special "concern" to Hibs in this league, purely because we should be steamrollering teams both in terms of possesion % and goals.

That we haven't quite started with that is a slight cause for concern that I'm sure Lennon is addressing.

Salt N Sauzee
27-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Not one bit concerned about any Dundee United players. They're pish!

CRAZYHIBBY
27-09-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote of the week

Cammy
27-09-2016, 10:18 AM

My main concern is us finishing with 11 players. If we do that we are more likely to win the game! (Stating the obvious I know).

neil7908
27-09-2016, 09:15 PM
From memory of him at Hamilton he was quality player and seems to be performing for Dundee United. Definitely there man to watch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 09:32 PM
He is a decent player but I would rather concentrate on how we play and if our players all do their jobs what the United players may or may not do will not matter.

resident_Arab
28-09-2016, 12:12 AM

And hopefully Hibs will come out more than every one we have played (apart from Partick and Inverness) as the rest have sat in

Add that to our dodgy defence and dangerous attacking players and your team it could be a cracker

Andreu is a good player, considering we haven't found our best combination in attack his return is impressive, good finisher so far when the chances have come

Biggest down side from us is we are likely missing our first choice centre mid pairing (Flood and Murdoch) again

Think we are capable of getting a result if or defence has a rare good day but it's early days for what is basically a new team at the start of our rebuilding phase

Forza Fred
28-09-2016, 02:09 AM

I'm not convinced of this, although I know it is a convenient theory.

To me it's about the chances we TAKE...not about what we create....we can create a barrow load but if we continue to miss them it matters not.

Steve20
28-09-2016, 05:21 AM
I'm not convinced of this, although I know it is a convenient theory.

To me it's about the chances we TAKE...not about what we create....we can create a barrow load but if we continue to miss them it matters not.

We don't create a barrow load though. We miss the chances we do create but we still create very little clear cut chances.

Nameless
28-09-2016, 05:40 AM
Think we are capable of getting a result if or defence has a rare good day but it's early days for what is basically a new team at the start of our rebuilding phase

What's the minimum you expect from this season, challenging or just competing?

resident_Arab
28-09-2016, 01:57 PM
What's the minimum you expect from this season, challenging or just competing?

It's difficult to say, would love to say challenging but given the mess McKinnon has had to turn around and the big turnaround in players and with experienced sides with continuity like yourselves and Falkirk in the division I can't say I expect that, I expect to be 4th at worst come May

Keith_M
28-09-2016, 02:22 PM

I'm sure I read the same comment last week about QOS.

Salt N Sauzee
28-09-2016, 02:37 PM

Probably did. Wasn't from me though :smug:

jiggerman
28-09-2016, 03:20 PM
The arrogance of some of us on this forum does rather annoy me - completely unfounded.

I expect us to win the league but I'm in no way 'unconcerned' or 'not worried' by other teams good players. We're better on paper but that counts for nothing, and despite frequent reminders of that some people seem to be on some sort of dreamland.

That or they're Jambos! 😊

Albanian Hibs
28-09-2016, 05:10 PM

And who ever made the comment was right, they were pish and didnt bother us what so ever.

Salt N Sauzee
28-09-2016, 05:41 PM
The arrogance of some of us on this forum does rather annoy me - completely unfounded.

I expect us to win the league but I'm in no way 'unconcerned' or 'not worried' by other teams good players. We're better on paper but that counts for nothing, and despite frequent reminders of that some people seem to be on some sort of dreamland.

That or they're Jambos! 😊

Since when did thinking Dundee United were pish qualify as arrogance? Just facts buddy.

RoxburghHibs
28-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Biggest down side from us is we are likely missing our first choice centre mid pairing (Flood and Murdoch) again

How come they will be missing?

Pete
28-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Mention Dundee United and all I can think of now is Logan shouting "down the middle".