PDA

View Full Version : NHC NHC - Sam has been a naughty boy

Radium
26-09-2016, 09:09 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160926/dd85ddbbcb74bd272128d4b5db654385.jpg

Bit naive ... but loving the advert. Sure this will help harmony in the camp ahead of the Scotland match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
26-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Allardyce will presumably be out the door then. Hopefully the disruption shows when we come to play them.

hibee
26-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Haven't read the story but the English press always seem to make it their mission to get the England manager sacked as quickly as possible.

Edson Arantes
26-09-2016, 09:51 PM
No matter who the England manager is, they will beat us.

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side :confused:

johnbc70
26-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I am sure he has been at it for years. Although I would have thought now he has the big job he would have put the brakes on, but money seems to be a big motivation for him.

magpie1892
26-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Haven't read the story but the English press always seem to make it their mission to get the England manager sacked as quickly as possible.

Utter crap.

In recent history, it's the poverty of ability/corruption of those selected for the role which has been primarily responsible for their removal/resignation from the post.

Post Robson (eight years in charge):

Taylor - out of his depth (three years in charge)

Venables - great manager, but sadly a thief (two years) Media darling

Hoddle - "You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap." I think that speaks for itself? (three years) Media darling

Keegan - not up to it tactically by his own admission

Eriksson - reminscent of Fannyhat, a flat-track bully with no plan B. Also seemed to want to **** everything at the FA and beyond (five years) Media darling until people twigged he was just after money and his hole.

McClaren - Please... (one year) Rightly hounded out as an impostor

Capello - finished by the time he turned up at the FA, virtually a mannequin, nonetheless: (four years) - got the least out of the best batch of England players in a generation

Hodgson - again, not up to it, too old but got... (four years)

Allardyce - well known crook and already caught with his pants down (again). The 'media' did not instigate the Telegraph investigation, they were tipped off, and Allardyce's amount of previous made what's to come inevitable.

Might be an idea to read the article, though I can fully understand why you might have little interest in the background of England managers 1990 to date.

IWasThere2016
26-09-2016, 10:13 PM
He is talked about openly within the game - as are a number of high profile managers - as being allegedly amenable to "influence"

He will just be one of many worried by this I am sure.

tamig
26-09-2016, 10:56 PM
£3m a year he is paid but sheer greed for another £400k snares him in a sting. He deserves all that's coming his way.

Velma Dinkley
26-09-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure what the newspaper thinks it's uncovered. Is he not allowed to do extra work in his free time? Maybe there's something in his contract about that but not sure how a newspaper would know. It seems like they went to the trouble of the 'sting', didn't really get anything but tried to run with a story anyway.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure what the newspaper thinks it's uncovered. Is he not allowed to do extra work in his free time? Maybe there's something in his contract about that but not sure how a newspaper would know. It seems like they went to the trouble of the 'sting', didn't really get anything but tried to run with a story anyway.

There are rules against things like this, it is a conflict of interest. Henry Winter saying there is going to be an inquest from the FA starting tomorrow.

tamig
26-09-2016, 11:07 PM
He's been telling them how to get around rules his new bosses introduced in 2008. And looking to cash in in the process.

jgl07
26-09-2016, 11:19 PM
What's he supposed to have done?

monktonharp
26-09-2016, 11:27 PM
not read one thing about what the press are saying, and not really interested. the Mass Media, especially the English version on the sports side do tend to make things up. the current, or the incumbent English football manager tends to suck up to them and their public. the English, well , they all seem to think that they will win the world cup and have a god given right to do so. the whole lot of them need to get their thinking cap on, for at least a season or two and realise that they are paying enormous wages (pretty disgusting imho) to players from all around the globe which makes their top league probably the best. however, the English laddies, who are good at fitba' canny get a game in the top league. Is this not a case for what used to be? a limit on the numbers of foreign players appearing in a match? and from an English point of view, I would include less Scots, Welsh , Irish etc. canny have it aw' ways. getting back to their incumbent, he's a chancer.

monktonharp
26-09-2016, 11:31 PM

It's what happens.

Scotlands' national side :confused:Right then Pele' that 'll be that then.:rolleyes:

Deansy
27-09-2016, 12:25 AM

It's the English media (and the England team) who get their managers sacked - the media, in every single tournament, hype England up to be serious contenders. Then the team goes out and proves they're anything but - it's a (pleasant ?) vicious circle !

I blame 1966 - a one-off, never-to-be-repeated chance happening but, for some strange reason, they don't know that !

Cabbage East
27-09-2016, 04:55 AM

It's what happens.

You're an odd one.

Weststandwanab
27-09-2016, 05:19 AM
It's the English media (and the England team) who get their managers sacked - the media, in every single tournament, hype England up to be serious contenders. Then the team goes out and proves they're anything but - it's a (pleasant ?) vicious circle !

I blame 1966 - a one-off, never-to-be-repeated chance happening but, for some strange reason, they don't know that !

Spot on in my opinion.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 06:26 AM
Utter crap.

In recent history, it's the poverty of ability/corruption of those selected for the role which has been primarily responsible for their removal/resignation from the post.

Hoddle - "You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap." I think that speaks for itself? (three years) Media darling

Eriksson - reminscent of Fannyhat, a flat-track bully with no plan B. Also seemed to want to **** everything at the FA and beyond (five years) Media darling until people twigged he was just after money and his hole.

Capello - finished by the time he turned up at the FA, virtually a mannequin, nonetheless: (four years) - got the least out of the best batch of England players in a generation

Allardyce - well known crook and already caught with his pants down (again). The 'media' did not instigate the Telegraph investigation, they were tipped off, and Allardyce's amount of previous made what's to come inevitable.

Might be an idea to read the article, though I can fully understand why you might have little interest in the background of England managers 1990 to date.

What a load of ******

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 06:28 AM

It's what happens.

Here,here well said.

JimBHibees
27-09-2016, 06:31 AM
There was a panorama programme which he amongst others featured in and his behaviour was questionable at the time. Think his son is/was an agent.

Are all English football people inherently corrupt?

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2016, 06:35 AM
There was a panorama programme which he amongst others featured in and his behaviour was questionable at the time. Think his son is/was an agent.

Are all English football people inherently corrupt?

I remember that, and just how hurt he said he was that people could question his and his sons integrity. :greengrin

Its well known he's a brown bag man, along with many others. Pondlife perhaps, or maybe he should make a funny story up about a dead man to get that accolade? :wink:

lyonhibs
27-09-2016, 06:38 AM
What a load of ******

The analysis of which manager would you disagree with? With the possible exception of SGE who, unless I'm much mistaken, never lost a tournament game in 90 minutes.

johnbc70
27-09-2016, 06:47 AM
What a load of ******

Seemed like a good summary to me, what bits do you think are ********.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Total greed again. Earning £3M a year and trying to cheat the system to make a bit more. Is the extra really going to make that much difference to his life? Utter cretin.

Bishop Hibee
27-09-2016, 06:52 AM
As a fully paid up member of the Scotland Supporters Club this has made my day. Ingurlund in turmoil 😀

JimBHibees
27-09-2016, 06:59 AM
Total greed again. Earning £3M a year and trying to cheat the system to make a bit more. Is the extra really going to make that much difference to his life? Utter cretin.

Couldnt agree more you would have thought given Allardyce's limited credentials that he would have thought he won a watch getting the National job. Obviously not.

Thecat23
27-09-2016, 07:06 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. Utter **** of a guy!

Future17
27-09-2016, 07:38 AM
The analysis of which manager would you disagree with? With the possible exception of SGE who, unless I'm much mistaken, never lost a tournament game in 90 minutes.

You are mistaken. :greengrin

I can't speak for hibee, but I think the criticism was of the attitude/agenda of the English press. That's capable of being considered separately from the actual performance of the England manager and team and I think he/she has a point.

Spike Mandela
27-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Bankers, politicians, fat cat businessmen, football club owners, managers and players. Many of them trying to dodge taxes, circumvent regulations, diddle expenses and generally just being a bunch of self interested greedy ****ers.

If Sam is proven to be breaking third party rules or advising others how to do it and has his snout in the trough then he deserves all that's coming his way.

heretoday
27-09-2016, 08:29 AM
He's always been involved in shady dealings to do with transfers. England would be better off without him. They should appoint a much younger manager. I suggest the guy at Bournemouth.

Lancs Harp
27-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Well at leasr he would leave with a 100% record........ impressive.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Man with snout in trough to be sacked by men who live in the trough.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

(((Fergus)))
27-09-2016, 10:02 AM
£3m a year he is paid but sheer greed for another £400k snares him in a sting. He deserves all that's coming his way.

There are rules against things like this, it is a conflict of interest. Henry Winter saying there is going to be an inquest from the FA starting tomorrow.

He's been telling them how to get around rules his new bosses introduced in 2008. And looking to cash in in the process.

According to BBC report on recordings:

It is further alleged by the paper that a deal was struck with the England boss worth £400,000 for him to represent the company to Far East investors and to be a keynote speaker at events.Allardyce tells the undercover reporters that any arrangement would have to be cleared by the FA.

Which leaves the stuff about third-party ownership. Is it illegal for him to tell them that it goes on and there are ways round it? As national team coach, he won't be using those methods.

marinello59
27-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Which leaves the stuff about third-party ownership. Is it illegal for him to tell them that it goes on and there are ways round it? As national team coach, he won't be using those methods.

He's just guilty of being a loud mouthed idiot, there's plenty of them in football. It's doubtful that he has actually broken any rules here.

(((Fergus)))
27-09-2016, 10:21 AM
He's just guilty of being a loud mouthed idiot, there's plenty of them in football. It's doubtful that he has actually broken any rules here.

Given that this is the Telegraph, I'm surprised there's not more to it, on first reading at least.

marinello59
27-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Given that this is the Telegraph, I'm surprised there's not more to it, on first reading at least.

Maybe there is more to come.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe there is more to come.

There is. Lots.

chinaman
27-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Bankers, politicians, fat cat businessmen, football club owners, managers and players. Many of them trying to dodge taxes, circumvent regulations, diddle expenses and generally just being a bunch of self interested greedy ****ers.

If Sam is proven to be breaking third party rules or advising others how to do it and has his snout in the trough then he deserves all that's coming his way.

Great post....sums it up perfectly for me too.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2016, 11:19 AM

There's no illegality.

However, he may have broken the terms of his contract.

How would your employer feel if you told third parties that there were ways of getting round rules that they had brought in for fairly sound reasons?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Beefster
27-09-2016, 11:22 AM
There's no illegality.

However, he may have broken the terms of his contract.

How would your employer feel if you told third parties that there were ways of getting round rules that they had brought in for fairly sound reasons?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

He's also been caught mocking the speech impediment of his predecessor. Says more about the man than anything else IMHO.

Jim44
27-09-2016, 11:36 AM
He's also been caught mocking the speech impediment of his predecessor. Says more about the man than anything else IMHO.

Did he not just say that 'Roy was a high - ranking official?:greengrin

Salt N Sauzee
27-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Apparently been sacked. Announcement later today.

emerald green
27-09-2016, 11:48 AM

:agree: Nothing new there Spike.

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2016, 12:02 PM

It's what happens.

I better cancel my trip down to wembley then 🙄

Col2
27-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Twitter seems to suggest he will be sacked. The Times running with it.

Not so sure as he should be allows time to defend himself - feels very quick to be sacked in less than 24 hours. Suspended maybe but sacked so quickly?

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2016, 12:47 PM
That'd be hilarious if he was sacked.

After all his desperation for the gig and he blows it right away.

jacomo
27-09-2016, 01:01 PM
On the face of it, his position seems untenable.

Not the first time he's been suspected of being on the make.

jacomo
27-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Not a sackable offence, probably. But I agree - and in the company of strangers. What a plum.

Onion
27-09-2016, 01:15 PM
That'd be hilarious if he was sacked.

After all his desperation for the gig and he blows it right away.

Bags himself a dream job, a £3 million salary, and cannot help being a greedy billy big baws. What an idiot. Makes those that employed him look even more foolish.

lapsedhibee
27-09-2016, 01:19 PM
If the FA're going to go for a clean English replacement next Butcher's available just now, isn't he? Don't remember him being associated with any scandals (other than his management of us, obviously).

southsider
27-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Did he not just say that 'Roy was a high - ranking official?:greengrin
Called him "woy" more than once it has been reported. Poor taste if true and his cards in the post.

IWasThere2016
27-09-2016, 01:40 PM
He's away. Legalities/statements being worked on.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2016, 01:49 PM
What an absolute moron. Throw away your, exceptionally well paid, 'dream job' for a few extra quid feom a couple of strangers.

He must have know that given the allegationd made against him before, and after Vennables and the FA, he was playing with fire. Blinded by greed it would seem.

jacomo
27-09-2016, 01:57 PM
If the FA're going to go for a clean English replacement next Butcher's available just now, isn't he? Don't remember him being associated with any scandals (other than his management of us, obviously).

Perfect! A forward-thinking, high profile Englishman to lead the brave lions!

Poor Maurice Malpas will no doubt feel conflicted about assisting with an unprecedented era of success for English football, but he just needs to let his natural professionalism rise above national loyalties.

IWasThere2016
27-09-2016, 02:12 PM
What an absolute moron. Throw away your, exceptionally well paid, 'dream job' for a few extra quid feom a couple of strangers.

He must have know that given the allegationd made against him before, and after Vennables and the FA, he was playing with fire. Blinded by greed it would seem.

He's clearly done it before - as I doubt it even crossed his mind it was a set up.

That said, the FA had to know what he was like and the risk they were taking.

snooky
27-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Given the outcry about the corruption in selecting the World Cup venue from England et all, there's not a snawbaws chance in hell he'll not walk.
If they don't, the authorities will set themselves up forever as being hypocrites.

Craig_HFC
27-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Wonder if the Fanny's Hat will be in the frame for the job?

:greengrin

CockneyRebel
27-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Utter crap.

Most of those above had good CVs and some did a fairly good job. Sometimes the managers selected look a good bet and are fancied by the supporters but they don't work out for whatever reason (just look back at some of the Hibs recent managers). In hindsight some of your comments are valid but your anti English agenda still shines through. Why not make a similar list of Scottish managers over the same period and let's all read your comments on their performance. Glass houses eh? Even McLaren was better than Levein.

Scorrie
27-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Wonder if the Fanny's Hat will be in the frame for the job?

Hope so though he has more entertainment to give us with The Rangers. Actually would be disappointed if Allerdyce got his jotters as I thought he was pretty hopeless!

The Modfather
27-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Apparently been sacked. Announcement later today.

Wonder if they will go for someone like Harry Redknapp to draw a line under Sam's dodgy dealings and suspect activities.

Mr White
27-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Wonder if they will go for someone like Harry Redknapp to draw a line under Sam's dodgy dealings and suspect activities.

That depends. If he's got rid of his dog that caused all that trouble for him the last time he could be in with a chance.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Most of those above had good CVs and some did a fairly good job. Sometimes the managers selected look a good bet and are fancied by the supporters but they don't work out for whatever reason (just look back at some of the Hibs recent managers). In hindsight some of your comments are valid but your anti English agenda still shines through. Why not make a similar list of Scottish managers over the same period and let's all read your comments on their performance. Glass houses eh? Even McLaren was better than Levein.

Anti-English agenda? I am English.

FFS...

Mr White
27-09-2016, 03:43 PM

FFS...

:hilarious

ekhibee
27-09-2016, 04:25 PM
The FA were arrogant in the first place, assuming Southgate would take it, but when he knocked it back it was first come first served. If they'd gone down the road of Eddy Howe or Gary Monk I'd have been pretty surprised if either of them had taken it. They're both young managers who would want to build up a good cv before going for something like that.Steve Bruce would have a decent shout if/when Allardyce gets his jotters. 5/2 favourite with skybet.

WoreTheGreen
27-09-2016, 04:32 PM
That depends. If he's got rid of his dog that caused all that trouble for him the last time he could be in with a chance.

My son's dog can sit give a paw fetch a ball but he has really struggled and quite less himself down. I mean how difficult is it to open a bank account in Manaco. Poor show

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 04:33 PM
When the England team managers job becomes available there is always a claim that it is the pinnacle of ambition for any English Manager. Seems a shame that Allerdyce doesn't share this opinion. The saddest thing is that if he does get punted once the storm dies he will resurface with no harm done. The despicable Glen Hoddle being the template.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 04:43 PM
The FA were arrogant in the first place, assuming Southgate would take it, but when he knocked it back it was first come first served. If they'd gone down the road of Eddy Howe or Gary Monk I'd have been pretty surprised if either of them had taken it. They're both young managers who would want to build up a good cv before going for something like that.Steve Bruce would have a decent shout if/when Allardyce gets his jotters. 5/2 favourite with skybet.

The Telegraph are going to name a further six English managers that they've got bang-to-rights in the same fashion and I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce is one of them, in which case he will quickly go out to 200/1...

Haymaker
27-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Nigel Pearson suspended...

hhibs
27-09-2016, 05:34 PM

FFS...

Hmm,that's quite an own goal !

Pretty Boy
27-09-2016, 05:46 PM

FFS...

Probably the best counter argument I've ever read on here. Well done.

Keith_M
27-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I used to like Bobby Robson. He seemed a really likeable guy and appeared to be somebody with admirable principles.

I don't think England have anybody as good since he packed it in.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 05:58 PM
I used to like Bobby Robson. He seemed a really likeable guy and appeared to be somebody with admirable principles.

English press ripped him as well though

bigwheel
27-09-2016, 06:02 PM

was nearly the Hearts manager...had a meeting with the mad Lithuanian...but decided he wanted to finish his career in England - what a blessing , for an honourable man...

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 06:08 PM

None of it,I was referring to the list of managers

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Not up to date with the full background to this, any idea why theTelegraph tried this on in the 1st place?
Is this not some sort of entrapment?

J-C
27-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Not up to date with the full background to this, any idea why theTelegraph tried this on in the 1st place?
Is this not some sort of entrapment?

If reporters didn't do things like this Nixon would never have been found out, there's obviously been a tip off Allerdyce was up for all this, more fool him, he's been a prize pratt.

Betty Boop
27-09-2016, 06:18 PM
3 million a year obviously not enough for him. Greedy pillock !

johnbc70
27-09-2016, 06:21 PM

The next one caught out?

johnbc70
27-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Story on Twitter he has offered his resignation, so if accepted, which I am sure it will then he is offski.

Haymaker
27-09-2016, 06:23 PM
The next one caught out?

Could be!

Fat Sam gone

steakbake
27-09-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm enjoying the stick that some of the Scottish media ********s are getting, sticking their heads up above the parapet, tutting about corruption in the English game while singularly failing to hold our national authority to account for anything.

Anyway, I can't believe the guy would be so stupid. He'd barely met these guys and he's there, telling them all about the various ways to turn some cash from your position. Man alive.

No idea who will be next!

heretoday
27-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Sam's in disgrace. The only job I can see him getting now is maybe at Ibrox.

Onion
27-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Just announced on BT Sport, Sam is gone after 67 days :greengrin

Didn't Frank last longer than that ?

Pretty Boy
27-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Goes with a 100% win record.

He'll end up with a decent gig within 3 months and the inevitable book deal and serialisation will keep him in clover.

Tobias Funke
27-09-2016, 06:45 PM
3 million a year obviously not enough for him. Greedy pillock !

Colleague said exactly same thing to me today. Pure and utter greed.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Colleague said exactly same thing to me today. Pure and utter greed.

Also got a £5million pay off from Newcastle

The Captain....
27-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Given he must have been aware that the perception (rightly or wrongly) is that he is linked to dodgy payments from agents in the past and what seemed his genuine delight at getting the England job I find his naivety (or more likely arrrogance) here breathtaking. There was always a pretty vocal media (especially the broadsheets) that were less than thrilled at his appointment so you'd have though he'd have kept his head down and worked away rather than risking his reputation and position for a few hundred thousand. Unbelievable greed.

I can't see him getting back in anywhere for a few years after this...Im guessing but I expect there is more (and worse to come).

hibees59
27-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Sam's resigned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344

stoneyburn hibs
27-09-2016, 06:51 PM

FFS...

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Pondlife, especially for the way he made fun of woy. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 06:54 PM

FFS...

:faf:

IWasThere2016
27-09-2016, 06:54 PM
There was no other outcome. Got 8/11 last night :greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Pondlife, especially for the way he made fun of woy. :greengrin

Wonder what SAF makes of his comments on Neville, one of his cherished sons

Onion
27-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Couple of thoughts...

1. How much will he have earned (incl payoff) for 1 game of football ?

2. Nobody can be THAT thick. Must be a suggestion that he simply did not fancy the gig after all, knew fine well what he was doing and committed "suicide" ? If he really was oblivious to what he was doing, he's got to be the THICKEST English manager ever.

Hibs1972
27-09-2016, 06:59 PM
I've heard the panellists on soccer special say give the job to Glenn Hoddle,please please please give him it! The guy is a muppet!!

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Wonder what SAF makes of his comments on Neville, one of his cherished sons

I'm not sure Fat Sam will care, he's lost the job he wanted all his managerial career, the rest now will just be a huge embarrassment for him.

He wont be able to get away from these questions for a long time, i think we might not see much of him for a wee while? :greengrin

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 07:01 PM
None of it,I was referring to the list of managers

I had hoped your comment wasn't a brief critique of my post itself!

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure Fat Sam will care, he's lost the job he wanted all his managerial career, the rest now will just be a huge embarrassment for him.

He wont be able to get away from these questions for a long time, i think we might not see much of him for a wee while? :greengrin

Just a pity it wasn't the week before the Scotland game

Pretty Boy
27-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I've heard the panellists on soccer special say give the job to Glenn Hoddle,please please please give him it! The guy is a muppet!!

If they had any sense they would be straight on the phone to Jurgen Klinsmann. No chance that will happen though.

Onion
27-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Just a pity it wasn't the week before the Scotland game

Relax, if they're capable of appointing Honest Fat Sam as manager, we might yet see a Glen Hoddle / Ron Atkinson dream team in place within the next few days. Poisoned Chalice does not do it justice.

hibsbollah
27-09-2016, 07:11 PM

FFS...

You're not English, you're a Geordie. Big difference. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Terry Butcher 🙏🏻

PatHead
27-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Wonder if the people who appointed him will resign or if they are just like the SFA?

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 07:16 PM
You're not English, you're a Geordie. Big difference. :greengrin

:wink:

bingo70
27-09-2016, 07:16 PM
If they had any sense they would be straight on the phone to Jurgen Klinsmann. No chance that will happen though.

I'd be tempted to give Alan Shearer the job.

IMO too much is made of tactics and the managers job in the most part is to motivate the team. I think he would have the respect of the squad and would certainly have them playing for the jersey which would be half the battle.

I'd certainly be putting him on the coaching staff, despite his lack of managerial experience.

SteveHFC
27-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Southgate in charge?

Jonnyboy
27-09-2016, 07:19 PM

Will be interesting to know why. I heard his post match interview at the weekend :greengrin

Onion
27-09-2016, 07:22 PM

IMO too much is made of tactics and the managers job in the most part is to motivate the team. I think he would have the respect of the squad and would certainly have them playing for the jersey which would be half the battle.

I'd certainly be putting him on the coaching staff, despite his lack of managerial experience.

Unless the England manager takes the team to the semis, final or wins the World Cup, they will be destroyed by the media down South. The money might be attractive, what what sensible, right-minded individual would take that job ? It is impossible.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Pardew for me.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Pardew for me.

Me too, but probably not for the same reasons as yourself.

bingo70
27-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Unless the England manager takes the team to the semis, final or wins the World Cup, they will be destroyed by the media down South. The money might be attractive, what what sensible, right-minded individual would take that job ? It is impossible.

The pundits at the euros all said it's an impossible job to turn down.

Claudio Ranieri would be another name under consideration I'd have thought.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Has there ever been an international player manager? The last top flight club I can remember with a player manager was of course Liverpool and King Kenny.

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Has there ever been an international player manager? The last top flight club I can remember with a player manager was of course Liverpool and King Kenny.

Imagine you trying to squeeze this in😅

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Imagine you trying to squeeze this in😅

It's okay I don't really want Kenny as England manager :-)

Billy Whizz
27-09-2016, 07:41 PM
It's okay I don't really want Kenny as England manager :-)

You really think he'd consider it😄
A prouder Scotsman you've yet to meet

Onion
27-09-2016, 07:41 PM
The pundits at the euros all said it's an impossible job to turn down.

Claudio Ranieri would be another name under consideration I'd have thought.

Pundits are like investment bankers and politicians - over-inflated egos and thirst for money, so hardly surprising.

Ranieri will become the hot favourite in the next few days which is unfortunate as I like the guy and would hate to see him inevitably picked apart by the English media vultures. Hopefully, he's too sensible to take the job.

Hibs Class
27-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Allardyce is unbelievable. He spent years promoting the view that the England manager should be an Englishman, and himself for the role as a highly qualified coach, a leading edge practitioner of sports science and a man manager second to none. And having landed his dream job he has ensured that after only one game under his belt he has secured his legacy as the shortest tenure and potentially the most corrupt England manager ever. Gross stupidity doesn't come close to describing just how much he has destroyed himself and his reputation.

BroxburnHibee
27-09-2016, 07:45 PM

And presumably still holds the same despicable views that got him sacked in the first place.

27-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Allardyce is unbelievable. He spent years promoting the view that the England manager should be an Englishman, and himself for the role as a highly qualified coach, a leading edge practitioner of sports science and a man manager second to none. And having landed his dream job he has ensured that after only one game under his belt he has secured his legacy as the shortest tenure and potentially the most corrupt England manager ever. Gross stupidity doesn't come close to describing just how much he has destroyed himself and his reputation.

This 100%

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-09-2016, 08:47 PM

Yeah, it worked really well at newcastle utd right enough...

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Yeah, it worked really well at newcastle utd right enough...

I think that Shearer is the same quality of manager as Gary Neville and Andy Gray.

ekhibee
27-09-2016, 08:55 PM
On five live they're reading out the Telegraph and saying there's 8 managers or former managers of premiership clubs under investigation.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I think that Shearer is the same quality of manager as Gary Neville and Andy Gray.
You cannot blame Shearer for Newcastle getting relegated. The club had been a shambles for some years since Bobby Robson was sacked. Along came Graham Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Alladyce, Kevin Keegan, and Joe Kinnear. Keegan resigned because he was not allowed to manage. Kinnear went because of heart problems. By which time Newcastle were doomed.

Chris Hughton and Alan Pardew steadied the ship before the chaos resumed.

heretoday
27-09-2016, 09:05 PM
It's always struck me that Shearer is happier sitting on a couch in a horrid shirt.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 09:12 PM
You cannot blame Shearer for Newcastle getting relegated. The club had been a shambles for some years since Bobby Robson was sacked. Along came Glenn Roeder, Sam Alladyce, Kevin Keegan, and Joe Kinnear. Keegan resigned because he was not allowed to manage

You were doing so well until you mentioned Pardew in positive terms. One (incredibly lucky) fifth-placed finish aside, he was a disaster for NUFC with relegation struggles, an unending stream of cup embarrassments, a 'yes man' to the ****stain that is Ashley, and the 'architect' of by far the most miserable, tactically vacuous, turgid football I have ever seen at SJP. He sowed the seeds for last season's relegation, without doubt.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 09:27 PM
You were doing so well until you mentioned Pardew in positive terms. One (incredibly lucky) fifth-placed finish aside, he was a disaster for NUFC with relegation struggles, an unending stream of cup embarrassments, a 'yes man' to the ****stain that is Ashley, and the 'architect of by far the most miserable, tactically vacuous, turgid football I have ever seen at SJP. He sowed the seeds for last season's relegation, without doubt.
Pardew did what Ashley told him to do and cut costs. He used the French transfer market well. Ashley then started to sell their best players including Cabaye and Pardew saw what was coming and jumped ship.It was downhill all the way with John Carver and Steve McClaren.

IWasThere2016
27-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Say no more..

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 09:37 PM
You cannot blame Shearer for Newcastle getting relegated. The club had been a shambles for some years since Bobby Robson was sacked. Along came Graham Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Alladyce, Kevin Keegan, and Joe Kinnear. Keegan resigned because he was not allowed to manage. Kinnear went because of heart problems. By which time Newcastle were doomed.

Would not blame him at all but now he is a professional pundit. Forgot to mention Alan Hansen in that last last as well.

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Pardew did what Ashley told him to do and cut costs. He used the French transfer market well. Ashley then started to sell their best players including Cabaye and Pardew saw what was coming and jumped ship.It was downhill all the way with John Carver and Steve McClaren.

I know. As a season ticket holder, I had to watch it unfold. Like I say, the football was unwatchable and Pardew was a liar, thug, tactically inept and would have taken us down had he stuck around much longer. An appalling man, an appalling manager.

He used the French transfer market well? Cabaye - the only real success - wasn't scouted or the purchase OK'd by him. He had virtually no say in transfer matters. That's why Ashley hired him, because he was cheap and would do as he was told. An utter invertebrate who, for reasons unknown, is convinced he's a top manager despite never having won anything at all. He was found out at Charlton, West Ham, Southampton and NUFC. When it inevitably goes tits up at Palace, that will be the last we see of him at the top level - and it won't be a minute too soon. The man's a fraud, and, I'm told by people who know, an extremely unpleasant piece of work.

He is not remembered as someone that 'steadied the ship' at NUFC by anyone other than his mates in the southern media - mainly the likes of Ian Wright and Paul Merson, neither of whom, obviously, are to be taken seriously as analysts.

Hannah_hfc
28-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Couple of thoughts...

1. How much will he have earned (incl payoff) for 1 game of football ?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/e93ea3f3df114a49a2daffd09dfb9f1f.jpg

Not sure if the £2 million figure is accurate but your question reminded me of this tweet I saw earlier 😂 puts an amusing spin on it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

J-C
28-09-2016, 07:31 AM
It's always struck me that Shearer is happier sitting on a couch in a horrid shirt.

I'm pretty sure he gave a large hint on tv that if asked he would jump at the chance of managing England.

J-C
28-09-2016, 07:32 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/e93ea3f3df114a49a2daffd09dfb9f1f.jpg

Not sure if the £2 million figure is accurate but your question reminded me of this tweet I saw earlier 😂 puts an amusing spin on it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He'll get nowt, he resigned not sacked.

Nameless
28-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Pardew was a liar, thug, tactically inept and would have taken us down had he stuck around much longer. An appalling man, an appalling manager.

The man's a fraud, and, I'm told by people who know, an extremely unpleasant piece of work.

I think I've missed the joke - why do you want him to get the England job?

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2016, 07:54 AM
There will be a good few managers sweating this morning if the reports regarding the information yet to be shared have substance. The FA have set the example .

heretoday
28-09-2016, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty sure he gave a large hint on tv that if asked he would jump at the chance of managing England.

Fair enough. He's too nice to be a successful manager though. You have to be a bit of a psychopath to do the job well.

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 08:10 AM
I think I've missed the joke - why do you want him to get the England job?

To see him fail miserably, thus vindicating the views of the fans of the clubs he has managed and damaged. To finally shut the mouths of the pundits who promote the line that Pardew is even a mediocre manager and to explode the very offensive (and just plain witless) line that the reason he was so hated on Tyneside was because he's from London, and not because he was a spineless, talentless ****.

heretoday
28-09-2016, 08:12 AM
To see him fail miserably, thus vindicating the views of the fans of the clubs he has managed and damaged. To finally shut the mouths of the pundits who promote the line that Pardew is even a mediocre manager and to explode the very offensive line that the reason he was so hated on Tyneside was because he's from London, and not because he was a spineless, talentless ****.

Not keen on Pards then?

Jim44
28-09-2016, 08:12 AM
On five live they're reading out the Telegraph and saying there's 8 managers or former managers of premiership clubs under investigation.

There will be a good few managers sweating this morning if the reports regarding the information yet to be shared have substance. The FA have set the example .

They're in a mess. On the BBC breakfast show I caught the tale end of an interview with some Italian guy who mentioned corruption in the game. He was saying England was even worse than Italy. They then had an English football agent, with the dodgy name of John Smith, insisting that, except for a few dark corners, the English football industry is essentially squeaky clean.

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Not keen on Pards then?

We used to be mates but just drifted apart.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Gie the job tae Terry Butcher, ah wid luv that, ah wid, ah wid just luv that

Onion
28-09-2016, 09:35 AM
He'll get nowt, he resigned not sacked.

:faf: sitting on a £3m contract ? They'll have mutually agreed a settlement for him to walk away and avoid any further damage to either party. Probably £400k :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2016, 09:58 AM

Northernhibee
28-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Wonder if he'll be touted for Sevco when Warburton is inevitably binned?

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 10:15 AM
It's an astonishing interview he gave to the assembled hacks this morning. No real regret and contrition at all; he says 'entrapment has won' 'an unfortunate situation I found myself in' :faf: and a load of self pity that he's 'paid the price'.

As was apparent in the Panorama programme 9 years ago he's a crook and an arrogant nasty piece of work as well. Now he's been caught being corrupt, dishonest and mindblowingly greedy but from his words he somehow thinks HE'S the one who's been unfairly treated. Twat.

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 10:30 AM
To see him fail miserably, thus vindicating the views of the fans of the clubs he has managed and damaged. To finally shut the mouths of the pundits who promote the line that Pardew is even a mediocre manager and to explode the very offensive (and just plain witless) line that the reason he was so hated on Tyneside was because he's from London, and not because he was a spineless, talentless ****.

I think it's harder for a 'cockney twat' to be loved by NUFC fans, but the example of Les Ferdinand shows it IS possible. I have to concur about Pardew, a monumental fannyhat of a man.

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I think it's harder for a 'cockney twat' to be loved by NUFC fans, but the example of Les Ferdinand shows it IS possible. I have to concur about Pardew, a monumental fannyhat of a man.

I think it's a lot easier for NE locals to be loved by the fans, that's human nature, but don't agree that being from down south is an issue for NUFC fans at all. You cite Les Ferdinand, good example, but the list is a lot longer than just Sir Les, and goes a lot further back - 45 years in fact, when we signed Malcolm MacDonald, who was adored on Tyneside (and still is, as he chose to make his home in the NE). Paul Goddard, Rob Lee, Gavin Peacock, Warren Barton, etc. - this is just scratching the surface. Hell, we even took John Barnes and Stuart Pearce to our breasts even though both were as good as shot by the time they arrived at Gallowgate. These players were loved because they all gave 100%.

Chris Hughton was no managerial superstar but he was hugely popular at NUFC because he give it his all and was everything that Pardew is not: dignified, modest, courteous. Plus he's 10x the manager that Pardew will ever be, so it was kind of grating to go from Houghton to Pardew via Joe F***ing Kinnear, which probably didn't help our Alan.

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 11:02 AM
It's an astonishing interview he gave to the assembled hacks this morning. No real regret and contrition at all; he says 'entrapment has won' 'an unfortunate situation I found myself in' :faf: and a load of self pity that he's 'paid the price'.

As was apparent in the Panorama programme 9 years ago he's a crook and an arrogant nasty piece of work as well. Now he's been caught being corrupt, dishonest and mindblowingly greedy but from his words he somehow thinks HE'S the one who's been unfairly treated. Twat.

I'm astonished you're astonished! Everyone in football - and now just everyone - knew he was bent as **** with an ego to match the scale of his greed and larceny.

Mildly amusing story from when he was NUFC boss which gives an insight into the man's self-regard: first home game in charge of NUFC and I'm having a look at the programme. The manager's notes are on page three, and you get the usual drivel except that Allardyce is referring to himself not only in the third person, but as 'Big Sam'. So you're obviously thinking that this is ghost-written and hasn't been proofed properly but a friend of mine (who owns/writes nufc.com) did a bit of digging and found out that Allardyce had actually written it himself. When Shepherd saw the piece he asked to see Hippo Heed ASAP and basically told him: 'Big Sam? No.'

The ****ing conceit of the man. Jesus.

Smartie
28-09-2016, 11:10 AM
I think it's a lot easier for NE locals to be loved by the fans, that's human nature, but don't agree that being from down south is an issue for NUFC fans at all. You cite Les Ferdinand, good example, but the list is a lot longer than just Sir Les, and goes a lot further back - 45 years in fact, when we signed Malcolm MacDonald, who was adored on Tyneside (and still is, as he chose to make his home in the NE). Paul Goddard, Rob Lee, Gavin Peacock, Warren Barton, etc. - this is just scratching the surface. Hell, we even took John Barnes and Stuart Pearce to our breasts even though both were as good as shot by the time they arrived at Gallowgate. These players were loved because they all gave 100%.

Chris Hughton was no managerial superstar but he was hugely popular at NUFC because he give it his all and was everything that Pardew is not: dignified, modest, courteous. Plus he's 10x the manager that Pardew will ever be, so it was kind of grating to go from Houghton to Pardew via Joe F***ing Kinnear, which probably didn't help our Alan.

It's a lazy stereotype, the type that the media seem to love. We get it with ex-Rangers players, somehow we don't warm to them or accept them.

If someone is committed to a task and produces the goods they will be popular, irrespective of who they are or where they are from.

Sometimes certain groups of people will be given shorter shrift if they don't produce or appear committed but that's a fact of life.

Rangers fans have taken catholics playing for them to heart - if that can happen then anything can.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm astonished you're astonished! Everyone in football - and now just everyone - knew he was bent as **** with an ego to match the scale of his greed and larceny.

Mildly amusing story from when he was NUFC boss which gives an insight into the man's self-regard: first home game in charge of NUFC and I'm having a look at the programme. The manager's notes are on page three, and you get the usual drivel except that Allardyce is referring to himself not only in the third person, but as 'Big Sam'. So you're obviously thinking that this is ghost-written and hasn't been proofed properly but a friend of mine (who owns/writes nufc.com) did a bit of digging and found out that Allardyce had actually written it himself. When Shepherd saw the piece he asked to see Hippo Heed ASAP and basically told him: 'Big Sam? No.'

The ****ing conceit of the man. Jesus.

:hilarious he loves himself! Remember he also said (something like) if he was called Sam “Allerdichi” he’d be considered a tactical genius.

Velma Dinkley
28-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Lots of hand-wringing, but the FA and The Telegraph still haven't been able to point to any laws or rules he broke so I'd have to agree with Big Sam's view on this. I don't doubt that there's plenty of corruption in the game but this piece of 'journalism' did not uncover any of it no matter how much The Telegraph is trying (and succeeding) to convince everyone otherwise.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2016, 11:24 AM

And lays all the blame at his long term friend

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Did he mention how many packs of chewing gum he's gone through in the last 24 hours?

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Forget everything else, I find the way the Telegraph conspired to absolutely ruin him is despicable, utter **** press who could probably find enough on many of their own to do the same type of entrapment plot if they tried.

marinello59
28-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Forget everything else, I find the way the Telegraph conspired to absolutely ruin him is despicable, utter **** press who could probably find enough on many of their own to do the same type of entrapment plot if they tried.

It was decent undercover reporting. The game is corrupt and with the FA trying to promote themselves as paragons of virtue compared to FIFA etc it was in the public interest. Allardyce was stupid and greedy, he only has himself to blame.

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 11:51 AM
It was decent undercover reporting. The game is corrupt and with the FA trying to promote themselves as paragons of virtue compared to FIFA etc it was in the public interest. Allardyce was stupid and greedy, he only has himself to blame.

Their only intention was to ruin Allardyce, the rest is coincidental, decent undercover reporting my erse, it was a honey trap. Setting out to ruin a man completely in this manner will never be acceptable in my eyes.

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 11:51 AM

That was my point really, you've just made a longer list than I did! But I don't think its really in doubt that there is a bit of extra spice between Geordies and cockernese in general, as evidenced by quite nasty rivalry there is with West Ham (traditionally) and Spurs (increasingly). But if you're Sir Les or Supermac you can be loved :greengrin

...sorry for the hijack.

Iain G
28-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Their only intention was to ruin Allardyce, the rest is coincidental, decent undercover reporting my erse, it was a honey trap. Setting out to ruin a man completely in this manner will never be acceptable in my eyes.

I think if Sam had gone in there with dignity and professionalism and not tried to get himself an extra wedge, boast about how to circumvent FA rules on player ownership and criticise Roy and his employers then there would be no story here. Allardice didn't need to say any of the things he did, he opened his gob and inserted both feet, he should have behaved like the professional person he is supposed to be. Don't blame the press for Big Man Sam's ego, discretion and lack of professional behaviour.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Think he has been hit with that new disease that is spreading like wildfire. Sevco syndrome.

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 12:14 PM
I think if Sam had gone in there with dignity and professionalism and not tried to get himself an extra wedge, boast about how to circumvent FA rules on player ownership and criticise Roy and his employers then there would be no story here. Allardice didn't need to say any of the things he did, he opened his gob and inserted both feet, he should have behaved like the professional person he is supposed to be. Don't blame the press for Big Man Sam's ego, discretion and lack of professional behaviour.

They set out to get him and did a great job of it.:aok:

Iain G
28-09-2016, 12:17 PM

Nobody to blame but himself, he should have behaved himself :agree:

On another note, think Shearer should be the one they approach next, maybe not a tactical genius but he would get them playing with more passion and desire. Of course my preference is for Terry Butcher still :greengrin

Smartie
28-09-2016, 12:17 PM

Allardyce was naive at best.

He should have known that this type of thing would come at him and been a bit more streetwise, certainly during the first few months of his tenure.

It's an unappealing side of the press but this was most certainly in the public interest. Many people spoke of Allardyce being corrupt, the Telegraph got him to expose it.

He only needed to keep his mouth shut, keep himself to himself and try to survive on his £3m a year.

The English people deserve better than what they got with Allardyce. Whilst Hodgson fell short ability-wise at the finals, at least they had a man who respected the job and the country and carried himself with a bit of dignity.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Or they set a trap and he gladly and greedily walked right into it. If he smelled something he didn't like he should have politely declined and reported the incident to the FA. But he didn't because he fancied a bit of what was going and now he has paid for it.

ancient hibee
28-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Who sets out to trap someone earning £3million by offering him a few quid? They knew he would be up for it otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.Obviously a bit of history in the background.

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 12:33 PM
That was my point really, you've just made a longer list than I did! But I don't think its really in doubt that there is a bit of extra spice between Geordies and cockernese in general, as evidenced by quite nasty rivalry there is with West Ham (traditionally) and Spurs (increasingly). But if you're Sir Les or Supermac you can be loved :greengrin

...sorry for the hijack.

There is plenty of spice between the fans of virtually all northern clubs and counterpart clubs in London!

Col2
28-09-2016, 12:38 PM

He is far from ruined. He will have another million pound plus job soon no doubt and no criminal charges are likely. He has spoken out within 24 hours, is away on holiday for a break and will be back in the limelight when the dust settles. Sunderland job anyone? Hardly impacting him or his family like significantly is it?

Hibby Bairn
28-09-2016, 12:58 PM
He is far from ruined. He will have another million pound plus job soon no doubt and no criminal charges are likely. He has spoken out within 24 hours, is away on holiday for a break and will be back in the limelight when the dust settles. Sunderland job anyone? Hardly impacting him or his family like significantly is it?

:agree: Will be off radar for 3-4 months. Will reappear as the now reformed man to save another club from relegation or up from Championship come Jan/Feb.

southsider
28-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Today's Sun lets him have it - all guns blazing. Called him a loudmouth drunk who was too fond of free bevy and surrounded himself with yes men. Far more to come out and I would really like to find out the bung takers. Would bet on all being managers of middle or lower league sides.

J-C
28-09-2016, 01:22 PM

You do realise that the Telegraph has been doing a 10 month undercover report on corruption within the game, this is just the start of named managers being outed, seemingly another 8 to be named soon.

No one has deliberately went out their way to get him as you say, they were trying to uncover illegal corruption in the game and Big Sam was ripe for the picking. If he wasn't such a corrupt greedy ******* he wouldn't be front page news today.

Onion
28-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Which simply proves he's thick as sh*t, perhaps the thickest guy ever to be granted the position of England manager. Those that appointed him should be fired.

IWasThere2016
28-09-2016, 01:31 PM

This.

Nope - they are after more than Sam..

Sam's greed ruined Sam - nothing else IMHO.

southsider
28-09-2016, 01:34 PM
It is a great story. Fed up reading about hard done-by The rangers or brexit.

surreyhibbie
28-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Or they set a trap and he gladly and greedily walked right into it. If he smelled something he didn't like he should have politely declined and reported the incident to the FA. But he didn't because he fancied a bit of what was going and now he has paid for it.

...and he had two "advisors" with him. They didn't smell a rat either?

loud mouthed braggart, showing off that he knew how to get round the rules.

Hell mend him.

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Which simply proves he's thick as sh*t, perhaps the thickest guy ever to be granted the position of England manager. Those that appointed him should be fired.

Thick maybe, but also poisoned by big money to the extent that he's lost any sense of what's ethical and what isn't.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 02:42 PM
You do realise that the Telegraph has been doing a 10 month undercover report on corruption within the game, this is just the start of named managers being outed, seemingly another 8 to be named soon.

No one has deliberately went out their way to get him as you say, they were trying to uncover illegal corruption in the game and Big Sam was ripe for the picking. If he wasn't such a corrupt greedy ******* he wouldn't be front page news today.

:agree::top marks They followed where the smell took them. More to come.

Iain G
28-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Today's Sun lets him have it - all guns blazing. Called him a loudmouth drunk who was too fond of free bevy and surrounded himself with yes men. Far more to come out and I would really like to find out the bung takers. Would bet on all being managers of middle or lower league sides.

Dirty Harry anyone? Certain manager at WBA? And why has Pearson been suspended?! This is the tip of the iceberg :agree:

Saint Hibee
28-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Well, at least the English FA has been quick in appointing a new manager: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/trump-to-become-england-manager-20160928114511

Jim44
28-09-2016, 03:09 PM
I'll get 0 out of 10 for stating the obvious but there's simply far too much money in football. In fact there's far too much money in sport. The level of corruption in managers and administrators runs far deeper than we know and the level of cheating in performance enhancement among participants makes a mockery of the term 'sport'. Call me old fashioned, but .......... :bitchy:

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Poor old Sam an easy target as the fall guy.

bigwheel
28-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Poor old Sam an easy target as the fall guy.

he is many things...but "poor" ain't one... :wink:

Keith_M
28-09-2016, 05:03 PM

A Honey Trap? Definitely.

Did anybody force Allardyce to be a money grabbing barsteward? Could he not have just told them where to go?

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 05:04 PM
When are they naming the bung takers?

snooky
28-09-2016, 05:13 PM
A Honey Trap? Definitely.

Did anybody force Allardyce to be a money grabbing barsteward? Could he not have just told them where to go?

Given the several well publicised 'honey traps' that have caught politicians, etc. over the last couple of years, you'd think that Sam and his likes would be totally on their guard. Of course this type of dealing could be commonplace and therefore they might have been complacent thinking that this was just another juicy gravy train pulling into their station.

You fly wi' the craws - you'll get shot wi' the craws.

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 05:25 PM

Are you sure you know what a honey trap is? (Unless I missed a bit of the story and Sam got baw deep :dunno:

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Are you sure you know what a honey trap is? (Unless I missed a bit of the story and Sam got baw deep :dunno:

You know what I mean,same principal just different commodity.

Jim44
28-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Baw deep in warm honey .......... exotic and erotic. :greengrin

jonty
28-09-2016, 05:32 PM
So - when are they going to expose Reagan and Doncaster. (not the best choice of words :greengrin)

hibsbollah
28-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Baw deep in warm honey .......... exotic and erotic. :greengrin

I have opened a grotesque fantasy Allardyce world here...

proud_and_green
28-09-2016, 05:38 PM
I find his explanation that this was an "error of judgement" to be quite revealing. Where was the error of judgement in this, he must have known that third party ownership was wrong, he must have known that to accept money for "assisting" was wrong, he must have know that his participation in something like this was wrong. This was not an error of judgement, it was plain old corruption and dishonesty borne out of greed!

snooky
28-09-2016, 06:00 PM
I find his explanation that this was an "error of judgement" to be quite revealing. Where was the error of judgement in this, he must have known that third party ownership was wrong, he must have known that to accept money for "assisting" was wrong, he must have know that his participation in something like this was wrong. This was not an error of judgement, it was plain old corruption and dishonesty borne out of greed!

Maybe his 'error of judgement' was that he didn't think he'd get caught?

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2016, 06:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/746394582191277/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Jim44
28-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Listening to Lord Sugar on the One Show, when asked if he would have fired Allardyce, he was quite cagey and waffled on embarrassingly without answering the question. He said it wasn't really a big deal and " anyway, football fans couldn't care less about that side of things ....... as long as he's a good manager ....... ". Some attitude, especially from a former football club owner.

proud_and_green
28-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Maybe his 'error of judgement' was that he didn't think he'd get caught?

I think that is exactly what he means. That is his judgement was that the journos were not journos and the deal was genuine.

The other thing that really annoys me about this is that Allardyce and people like him really do not give the slightest damn about the game.

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2016, 06:23 PM
I think that is exactly what he means. That is his judgement was that the journos were not journos and the deal was genuine.

The other thing that really annoys me about this is that Allardyce and people like him really do not give the slightest damn about the game.

Including many of the players.

Bishop Hibee
28-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Listening to Lord Sugar on the One Show, when asked if he would have fired Allardyce, he was quite cagey and waffled on embarrassingly without answering the question. He said it wasn't really a big deal and " anyway, football fans couldn't care less about that side of things ....... as long as he's a good manager ....... ". Some attitude, especially from a former football club owner.

Sugar is a complete roaster. The worst type of person to be involved in football.

Scorrie
28-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Sugar is a complete roaster. The worst type of person to be involved in football.

Aye and his computers were pish an aw

proud_and_green
28-09-2016, 06:39 PM

Now that is an error of judgement. He makes a big thing about understanding your customers, clearly never understood his football customers!

Beefster
28-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Aye and his computers were pish an aw

And he ruined ZX Spectrums when he took them over. Git.

lapsedhibee
28-09-2016, 07:03 PM

Clearly referring to El Tel Venables from the time they were both at Tottingham.

sambajustice
28-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Just said on SSN there'd be further Daily Telegraph developments announced at 10pm...

stantonhibby
28-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Just said on SSN there'd be further Daily Telegraph developments announced at 10pm...

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank, Tommy Wright (Barnsley) & Cellini (Leeds owner) have been named.

Tyler Durden
28-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Steve McLaren saying Big Sam innocently paying the price for the lack of privacy people at the elite level of sport face:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Steve McLaren saying Big Sam innocently paying the price for the lack of privacy people at the elite level of sport face:rolleyes:

You couldnt make this up eh? Big Sam is his media darling name, none of those in the media will come off the fence and slaughter him for being a greedy money grabbing con man.

Some of the excuses they are trotting out make me sick, and these are folk who have slaughtered Sepp Blatter and the likes for years.

Alan Brazil this morning was blaming his advisers, and Jason Cundy was even on breakfast telly saying he shouldnt have been sacked?

Double standards all over the place from Big cuddly Sams pals. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
28-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank, Tommy Wright (Barnsley) & Cellini (Leeds owner) have been named.

They are small names too ... Sadly the appetite to catch some major crooks in recent times within the game wasn't there in the last 15-20 years

oldbutdim
28-09-2016, 09:30 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14470612_10155226117705130_7892163149001937229_n.j pg?oh=17dd111f782d2695cc61777e7698dd62&oe=58AB6EC2

Mibbes Aye
28-09-2016, 09:34 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14470612_10155226117705130_7892163149001937229_n.j pg?oh=17dd111f782d2695cc61777e7698dd62&oe=58AB6EC2

magpie1892
28-09-2016, 09:38 PM

:top marks

lapsedhibee
29-09-2016, 12:22 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14470612_10155226117705130_7892163149001937229_n.j pg?oh=17dd111f782d2695cc61777e7698dd62&oe=58ab6ec2

:lol:

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2016, 06:17 AM
Good morning Britain bring on an agent who talks about how wrong inducement is hahahahahahahahaha.

Iain G
29-09-2016, 11:36 AM

McClaren said "Sam innocently paid the price. It just shows the level sport is at the elite that privacy can only really be found within the four walls of your home."

How the hell was he innocent in this, its his own idiotic, greedy fault he got caught! :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Barnsley have sacked tommy wright, now get that **** cellino out of super leeds...even though he is the owner :)

southsider
29-09-2016, 12:38 PM
You couldnt make this up eh? Big Sam is his media darling name, none of those in the media will come off the fence and slaughter him for being a greedy money grabbing con man.

Some of the excuses they are trotting out make me sick, and these are folk who have slaughtered Sepp Blatter and the likes for years.

Alan Brazil this morning was blaming his advisers, and Jason Cundy was even on breakfast telly saying he shouldnt have been sacked?

Double standards all over the place from Big cuddly Sams pals. :rolleyes:
Reporter in the Sun did yesterday. Called him,among other things "a classless drunk".

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Reporter in the Sun did yesterday. Called him,among other things "a classless drunk".

Dont read that rag, so very few will blast the prick.

PS
England Tracksuit For Sale XXXL hardly used
Phone 07899 999999 ask for Sam!

Andy74
29-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Barnsley have sacked tommy wright, now get that **** cellino out of super leeds...even though he is the owner :)

To be fair Cellino seems to have told them the way to share any profit is to make an investment in the football club, which is how it supposed to work.

ekhibee
29-09-2016, 03:48 PM
McClaren said "Sam innocently paid the price. It just shows the level sport is at the elite that privacy can only really be found within the four walls of your home."

How the hell was he innocent in this, its his own idiotic, greedy fault he got caught! :confused:
Yeh, but really, who the hell listens to anything McClaren says? He was a total failure as England Manager and has been a disaster at most clubs he's managed. Personally, I'll always remember him for this: https://youtu.be/bMu_yRJu6no

wpj
29-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Yeh, but really, who the hell listens to anything McClaren says? He was a total failure as England Manager and has been a disaster at most clubs he's managed. Personally, I'll always remember him for this: https://youtu.be/bMu_yRJu6no

Also, WTF is up with his hair! That wee island on top of his forehead is ludicrous!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Where McLaren has said that it could have been anyone that fell for this, that kinda means that it is common practice? Doesn't make it right but maybe some managers who see there players getting six figures per week think that they are due a top up to their own wage packet.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Entrapment Sam??? You shouldn't have been so silly and greedy......

Albion Hibs
29-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Entrapment Sam??? You shouldn't have been so silly and greedy......

Agreed. Complaining about entrapment feels a little bit like the complaining about the police catching a criminal.

No doubt big Harry will be next.

Benny Brazil
29-09-2016, 08:22 PM
BreakingSouthampton statement

More Daily Telegraph revelations

Southampton
Posted at 21:19

Southampton Football Club has today been made aware by the Daily Telegraph that, as part of their on-going investigation, the club's assistant first team manager Eric Black will feature as part of an article in tomorrow's paper.

The club immediately requested to be sent, by the Daily Telegraph, the details of this article, but the newspaper declined to share any further information. We have today contacted The FA and the Premier League, and intend to work closely with both bodies on this matter when the facts become clear.

Southampton Football Club is fully committed to investigating any situation that directly or indirectly relates to our club, employees or the wider community.

Radium
29-09-2016, 08:43 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/1d576f76f5993a5f5e4ed6350a3212f8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk