PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Xmas and New Year fixtures

Billy Whizz
26-09-2016, 11:57 AM
As it's stands we're at home to Raith at 3pm on Xmas Eve, and away to Falkirk on Hogmanay at 3pm
Anyone think any or both of these will get changed? Noticed a few of the clubs have moved their fixtures back to the Friday before xmas or Boxing Day

Noticed there is a full premiership card midweek between cams and new year, think the championship has missed a trick by not having a midweek programme

WeeRussell
26-09-2016, 11:58 AM
I actually really like the sound of an afternoon game on Christmas eve :agree:

I would imagine both will get moved though yeah!

BoomtownHibees
26-09-2016, 01:28 PM
As it's stands we're at home to Raith at 3pm on Xmas Eve, and away to Falkirk on Hogmanay at 3pm
Anyone think any or both of these will get changed? Noticed a few of the clubs have moved their fixtures back to the Friday before xmas or Boxing Day

Noticed there is a full premiership card midweek between cams and new year, think the championship has missed a trick by not having a midweek programme

We might have moved the Falkirk game on Hogmanay but now that we play on the Friday night then I think we will stick with having the 6 days rest

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2016, 01:33 PM
I'd have thought the club would be keen to move the game to 26/12 - almost guarantees a bigger crowd with all the folk travelling home for Christmas etc able to make it.

brog
26-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Scottish football completely misses a trick by not having proper festive fixtures when people are on vacation & Scottish cities are rammed with visitors. Despite complaints every year (from managers) about too much football being played over Xmas/NY period, English football will continue to play these fixtures because they always attract the biggest crowds of the season. The SPFL couldn't successfully give away free beer in a heatwave!

JimBHibees
26-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Scottish football completely misses a trick by not having proper festive fixtures when people are on vacation & Scottish cities are rammed with visitors. Despite complaints every year (from managers) about too much football being played over Xmas/NY period, English football will continue to play these fixtures because they always attract the biggest crowds of the season. The SPFL couldn't successfully give away free beer in a heatwave!

Couldnt agree more with the limited public transport on these days and other attractions these are nonsensical days to be playing IMO.

SRHibs
26-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Really hope the Xmas Eve game doesn't get shifted. Already made plans to make a day of it.

lord bunberry
26-09-2016, 03:05 PM
I certainly won't be going to a game on Christmas Eve. I suppose for some it will be good, but not for people with young families.

wookie70
26-09-2016, 03:07 PM
I certainly won't be going to a game on Christmas Eve. I suppose for some it will be good, but not for people with young families.

I'll be going with the kids.

Gatecrasher
26-09-2016, 03:07 PM

I dunno it should be fun, it is a Saturday 3pm after all. If hibs got a couple of Santa's and things and made it a fun day?

hibee_girl
26-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I hope they don't change the Xmas eve game, I'm quite looking forward to escaping the madness for a few hours!

lord bunberry
26-09-2016, 04:10 PM
I dunno it should be fun, it is a Saturday 3pm after all. If hibs got a couple of Santa's and things and made it a fun day?
Possibly, but our family has a routine of going to the panto and then going up to the gardens to santas grotto. It's become a bit of a tradition and soon the wee one will have grown out of it. From a selfish point of view I'd rather it was changed to Boxing Day.

SRHibs
26-09-2016, 04:24 PM

If only we still had big Conrad Logan on the books. Guess Petrie will have to do!

emerald green
26-09-2016, 06:19 PM

What do you mean by a "couple of Santas"? There's only one Santa, and he will still be at the North Pole getting ready.

CB_NO3
26-09-2016, 06:27 PM
I will imagine both games will go ahead on the days allocated. So Xmas eve and Hogmanay it is.

Carheenlea
26-09-2016, 06:33 PM
I will imagine both games will go ahead on the days allocated. So Xmas eve and Hogmanay it is.

:agree: TV selections apart, what would be the sense in scheduling games for certain days if there is to be no intention of playing on those dates?

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2016, 06:35 PM
:agree: TV selections apart, what would be the sense in scheduling games for certain days if there is to be no intention of playing on those dates?

You realise it's the SPFL that set the fixtures? It'd have been 6 months advance planning.

hibee_girl
26-09-2016, 06:38 PM

They can change it if both teams agree, a few games have already been moved from Xmas eve

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2016, 07:15 PM
They can change it if both teams agree, a few games have already been moved from Xmas eve

Last time we played on Christmas Eve the kick off was changed to 1.15.

Gatecrasher
26-09-2016, 07:54 PM
What do you mean by a "couple of Santas"? There's only one Santa, and he will still be at the North Pole getting ready.

Don't you know he has helpers? Being santa is a huge task you know! Almost as big as getting hibs out this bloody league :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Raith on Christmas Eve is an excuse to get very drunk and leave everything up to everyone else before the execrable in-laws arrive.

Falkirk on Hoggers? Nein Danke.

Gatecrasher
26-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Raith on Christmas Eve is an excuse to get very drunk and leave everything up to everyone else before the execrable in-laws arrive.

Falkirk on Hoggers? Nein Danke.

This guy gets it :greengrin

Glory Lurker
26-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Last time we played on Christmas Eve the kick off was changed to 1.15.

Still no use to me. Any kick off later than about 09:00 is no good. Just the breaks, though. Even Boxing Day wouldn't work for me, so I'm resigned to missing this one.

hfcnic
27-09-2016, 07:32 AM
I hope they don't change the Christmas Eve one either. Can't always suit everyone but it is Saturday and normally everyone is grumping if its not on a Saturday at 3pm - you canny have it all ways

hibee_girl
27-09-2016, 09:12 AM
I see hearts have had their game moved to the Friday night and Dundee Utd have had theirs moved to 12.30 on Xmas eve

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2016, 09:38 AM
I hope they don't change the Christmas Eve one either. Can't always suit everyone but it is Saturday and normally everyone is grumping if its not on a Saturday at 3pm - you canny have it all ways

You can - Christmas Eve isn't really a normal Saturday for folk with family. Traditionally bigger crowds on Boxing Day as well I think.

Geo_1875
27-09-2016, 11:11 AM
You can - Christmas Eve isn't really a normal Saturday for folk with family. Traditionally bigger crowds on Boxing Day as well I think.

Saturday is for football, Christmas Eve or not. If you have other things arranged don't go to the game. Boxing day is for beer and The King George.

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Saturday is for football, Christmas Eve or not. If you have other things arranged don't go to the game. Boxing day is for beer and The King George.

Just think it's mental that the club wouldn't want the extra income by moving the game to a time when more folk are likely to go.

Looking forward to the next Christmas Day game though...

renato
27-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Exactly. I'm in that boat too.

Hamish
27-09-2016, 01:34 PM
I see Dundee and Hearts planned for Christmas Eve has been changed to the evening of the 23rd.

hfcnic
27-09-2016, 03:11 PM

Totally see your point but for me the Christmas Eve game works better than if they change it to Boxing day. I think it would be a nice thing to do with the kids, keep them occupied.

biotech
27-09-2016, 04:26 PM
They just need to make a decision and stick to it. Both dates are okay as long people have plenty time to plan.

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2016, 05:31 PM
I dont care what date the Raith game is played as any day suits but I am kind of hoping that the Falkirk game will be moved to the day before as I fly off to Albania on the 31st at the back of 2

Bishop Hibee
27-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Christmas Eve game should be moved to Boxing Day. Traditional boys night out for the crowd I go to the games with.