PDA

View Full Version : Another big turnout required.

InchHibby
26-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I know it's an early kick off on Sunday and the match is on Sky, but hopefully we can keep up the crowd levels to 15,000 + for this one.
Dundee Utd will be our main challengers this season so it's important we keep supporting the team in numbers. I think if this match had been on Saturday at 3pm, we'd be looking at close on 18,000.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2016, 10:00 AM
I think 15,000 would be a great effort for a lunchtime sunday KO with the game live on tv. I'd expect it to be a thousand or two less, which some may feel is disappointing but for similar last season we'd have been lucky to get 10,000.

Im going to set my attendance guessometer at 13,600

Highland_Hibee
26-09-2016, 10:02 AM
I know it's an early kick off on Sunday and the match is on Sky, but hopefully we can keep up the crowd levels to 15,000 + for this one.
Dundee Utd will be our main challengers this season so it's important we keep supporting the team in numbers. I think if this match had been on Saturday at 3pm, we'd be looking at close on 18,000.

Yeah I reckon 18000 was on for the Saturday KO. I would be a tad disappointed to see less than 16000. I'm bringing an extra two with me that wouldn't normally come along. Big game. 5 wins can't keep us up here forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
26-09-2016, 10:18 AM
It'll be interesting to see and will be a decent barometer of the damage TV can do to attendances.

We've had great crowds for home games against smaller teams so far at 3pm on Saturdays. This is a more appealing game and United will surely bring as big an away support as we'll see this season.

Yet I could easily see it being decimated by the silly day and kickoff time.

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2016, 10:20 AM
I think 15,000 would be a great effort for a lunchtime sunday KO with the game live on tv. I'd expect it to be a thousand or two less, which some may feel is disappointing but for similar last season we'd have been lucky to get 10,000.

Im going to set my attendance guessometer at 13,600

Sounds about right. Might break 14k if United bring 1k plus. Shame it's on TV as they had 2k at Dunfermline and if they brought 2k plus we could have broken 18k.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Anything near 14k would be a decent showing. Suspect that if we beaten Ayr and QotS this would have been 17k or better.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2016, 10:30 AM
3 out of our 5 season ticket holders unlikey to make it due to the fixture day change

Lancs Harp
26-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Sounds about right. Might break 14k if United bring 1k plus. Shame it's on TV as they had 2k at Dunfermline and if they brought 2k plus we could have broken 18k.

Uniteds support at their recent televied game (saturday tea time KO) against Falkirk didnt look too great. I think they will bring about 600.

Highland_Hibee
26-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Anything near 14k would be a decent showing. Suspect that if we beaten Ayr and QotS this would have been 17k or better.

You might be right about being around 14k but I don't agree beating Ayr and QotS would have had such a huge effect on the attendance.

I'm also wondering how much effect being on TV actually has on the game. Apart from the obvious disruption to the date of the fixture. I've never been in a situation where I'm looking forward to going to a match only to hear it's on the TV and think I will just watch it at home. Surely it just allows a broader audience to tune in who otherwise wouldn't have bothered anyway?

If you can make it as a season ticket holder you would be daft not to go. I guess casual fans might say we will just watch this one on the TV and go another day.

Smartie
26-09-2016, 10:40 AM
You might be right about being around 14k but I don't agree beating Ayr and QotS would have had such a huge effect on the attendance.

I'm also wondering how much effect being on TV actually has on the game. Apart from the obvious disruption to the date of the fixture. I've never been in a situation where I'm looking forward to going to a match only to hear it's on the TV and think I will just watch it at home. Surely it just allows a broader audience to tune in who otherwise wouldn't have bothered anyway?

If you can make it as a season ticket holder you would be daft not to go. I guess casual fans might say we will just watch this one on the TV and go another day.

I'd never do that for a home game but regularly do for away games. IMO it will hit the travelling support hardest. I'm skinter than I used to be so it is hard to justify the time and cost of travelling and paying for a ticket when you can stumble through to the living room and watch it there.

scoopyboy
26-09-2016, 10:42 AM
I think the crowd will be around 14000 but I think 16000 seats will have been paid for.

If I'm right then 5000 walk ups is still good going.

Highland_Hibee
26-09-2016, 10:46 AM
I'd never do that for a home game but regularly do for away games. IMO it will hit the travelling support hardest. I'm skinter than I used to be so it is hard to justify the time and cost of travelling and paying for a ticket when you can stumble through to the living room and watch it there.

Yeah you are probably right. I would be the same. I'm not fussed if the opposition bring 1 or 1000. Sure it's not nice seeing empty stands but seeing our boys get the backing is what matters to me. When I think of attendance I'm always thinking of our crowd minus theirs. If we have 14000 and they make it 14600 then it's 14000 as far as I'm concerned.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2016, 10:47 AM

Personally I was very much looking forward to this one. When the kick off time changed I then considered staying over the saturday night and taking in the Edinburgh City gme on the saturday afternoon. But after taking my emerald tinted spetacles off and putting my sensible head on I figured I would be outlaying far too much for as you say a game I can stumble into the living room and watch. I even considered rising at dawn and driving up and down in a day but even that would cost me £50 plus in petrol money, bit hard to justify if money is a bit tight and the games on the box. Not a great kick off time for anyone in exile hoping to attend sadly, but such is life.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2016, 11:03 AM

IMO us at home to United is the biggest game in the Championship and if there were a few pick and choosers looking at this game I think that maximum points so far may have been the deciding factor whether to attend or not.

resident_Arab
26-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Don't see this as a crunch game, we aren't looking like definite nearest challengers at this stage but will improve over the season and when injuries return

Uniteds support at their recent televied game (saturday tea time KO) against Falkirk didnt look too great. I think they will bring about 600.

2001 at Dunfermline then 1309 at Falkirk for the televised late kick off game a week later

We'll probably bring over 1000 on Sunday but it would be 1500-2000 for a Sat 3pm

Brightside
26-09-2016, 04:51 PM
12000 max

iwasthere1972
26-09-2016, 05:12 PM
12000 max

I think it will be more than that Max. :greengrin

wookie70
26-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Given our most recent form the TV cameras won't be the only thing lowering attendance. Sunday lunchtime is my least favourite ko. Laddies football or Hibs game with a guaranteed guilt trip either way.

tartanhibee
26-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Myself +1 season ticket holders not going as +1 has a party Sunday afternoon

emerald green
26-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Don't see this as a crunch game, we aren't looking like definite nearest challengers at this stage but will improve over the season and when injuries return

2001 at Dunfermline then 1309 at Falkirk for the televised late kick off game a week later

We'll probably bring over 1000 on Sunday but it would be 1500-2000 for a Sat 3pm

What's your opinion on Tony Andreu? He's scored a few goals already for DU.

I've got very bad memories of him scoring the last minute equaliser for Hamilton Accies against Hibs in the play-off at ER. Andreu also scored in the resulting penalty shoot out.

Hibs will need to be right on top of him on Sunday.