PDA

View Full Version : Dear SFA and SPFL...

Keith_M
25-09-2016, 04:41 PM
...will you be taking any action on the sectarian singing from The Rangers Fans at today's game, even if it only amounts to a condemnation of their unacceptable bigotry, or will you be turning a deaf ear, as per usual?

Would you be so quiet on the subject if their bigotry was aimed at people because of their skin colour instead of their religion?

This has now been going on for just over four years with this club and I've still to hear one word of condemnation from our esteemed football authorities.

marinello59
25-09-2016, 04:45 PM
...will you be taking any action on the sectarian singing from The Rangers Fans at today's game, even if it only amounts to a condemnation of their unacceptable bigotry, or will you be turning a deaf ear, as per usual?

Would you be so quiet on the subject if their bigotry was aimed at people because of their skin colour instead of their religion?

This has now been going on for just over four years with this club and I've still to hear one word of condemnation form our esteemed football authorities.

What don't you contact them?

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Suspect they will both probably want to respect "traditions".

It needs political action with clearly defined penalties that are actually administered for this one to improve, that would have a greater chance of success if the blazers that gravitate into the positions of authority within these bodies were also swept away but until then it remains Scotlands shame.

Sir David Gray
25-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Just protecting their culture. :aok:

Kojock
25-09-2016, 05:08 PM
I watched the ICT v Celtic game last weekend on TV and the Celtic fans were singing their 'party' songs. Never saw any condemnation on here.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 05:12 PM
I watched the ICT v Celtic game last weekend on TV and the Celtic fans were singing their 'party' songs. Never saw any condemnation on here.
For me it's two cheeks same erse, same condemnation. I just think the new boys are deservedly getting it a bit tighter just now because of their outwardly aggressive playing of the victim card, especially given their liking for a wee statement or two.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
25-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Why don't you contact them?

Wouldn't it be even better if as many people as possible contacted them? Or did nobody else hear it?

Whitabootery at it's finest.

I didn't see or hear the game, so it was difficult to comment on.

WhileTheChief..
25-09-2016, 05:16 PM
I was listening on the radio. Couldn't make out a word of what was being sung. Sorry.

staunchhibby
25-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Once again heard the bigots singing,What is addy for sfa

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 05:25 PM
A guaranteed way of having no sectarian songs in your ground is to ban the filth who peddle them. How many SPL chairmen would be up for that?

Kojock
25-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't it be even better if as many people as possible contacted them? Or did nobody else hear it?

Whitabootery at it's finest.

I didn't see or hear the game, so it was difficult to comment on.

Let's be consistent here, if we are all indignant about Rangers party songs and want to report it to all and sundry surely we must report the Celtic fans party songs as well.

Keith_M
25-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Let's be consistent here, if we are all indignant about Rangers party songs and want to report it to all and sundry surely we must report the Celtic fans party songs as well.

Of course we should, so have you? I didn't hear it, so it would be a bit difficult to complain.

Oh and it's utter nonsense to say that nobody on here criticizes Celtc Fans. We've had discussions on here numerous times about that very subject. For instance when they ruined a minute's silence at Falkirk on Remembrance Day by singing songs about the IRA.

Both of those clubs have disgusting elements attached to them but the truth of the matter is that The Rangers are currently surpassing Celtc in both level and range of their disgusting songs.

25-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Once again heard the bigots singing,What is addy for sfa

Try info@scottishfa.co.uk for starters?

Sir David Gray
25-09-2016, 06:50 PM

I wouldn't even waste the muscles in my fingers typing any sort of e-mail to the SFA on this subject.

Nothing's going to be done, they've made that perfectly clear time and time again.

lord bunberry
25-09-2016, 07:07 PM

Celtic fans singing about the IRA isn't sectarian, its political.

Kojock
25-09-2016, 07:28 PM

And so it begins.

Golden Bear
25-09-2016, 07:40 PM
And so it begins.

And hopefully ends. I prefer the type of "banter" aimed at our esteemed friends across the city.

Kojock
25-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Of course we should, so have you? I didn't hear it, so it would be a bit difficult to complain.

Oh and it's utter nonsense to say that nobody on here criticizes Celtc Fans. We've had discussions on here numerous times about that very subject. For instance when they ruined a minute's silence at Falkirk on Remembrance Day by singing songs about the IRA.

Both of those clubs have disgusting elements attached to them but the truth of the matter is that The Rangers are currently surpassing Celtc in both level and range of their disgusting songs.

I didn't complain about Celtic fans but then again I never got on my high horse about Rangers fans either. Every other week there's a thread about Rangers and their offensive songs compared to once a season about Celtic. But then again one is sectarian and the other is political.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 07:49 PM

Why do they never get to verse about football?

Sir David Gray
25-09-2016, 07:53 PM

No-one's described those songs as sectarian.

Whatever the songs are, they most certainly don't have a place within a Scottish football stadium.

pedroorange1875
25-09-2016, 08:15 PM

Shouldn't need to....thats the sad thing :agree:

johnbc70
25-09-2016, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't even waste the muscles in my fingers typing any sort of e-mail to the SFA on this subject.

Nothing's going to be done, they've made that perfectly clear time and time again.

I emailed the SFA a few weeks back and they finally responded, after about 3 chasing emails, that it's nothing to do with them as league games are under the SPFL.

Nobody in Scotland in any kind of position of authority or responsibility cares about it, most are probably part of it, so nothing of significance will ever be done.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I didn't complain about Celtic fans but then again I never got on my high horse about Rangers fans either. Every other week there's a thread about Rangers and their offensive songs compared to once a season about Celtic. But then again one is sectarian and the other is political.

Think that might have been one of those whoosh moments, maybe because you were trying quite hard to get a response?

lord bunberry
25-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Why do they never get to verse about football?

I don't know why don't you ask them. I didn't say the songs were acceptable. I said they weren't sectarian.

brog
25-09-2016, 08:28 PM
And so it begins.

Your comment reminds me of Basil Fawlty's response to the Germans when they said, "you started it" & he says, " no, you invaded Poland"! You post a comment about no one criticising Celtc, someone foolishly bites & you say "And so it begins"! Congrats on a successful troll!

lord bunberry
25-09-2016, 08:28 PM
No-one's described those songs as sectarian.

Whatever the songs are, they most certainly don't have a place within a Scottish football stadium.

I agree

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't know why don't you ask them. I didn't say the songs were acceptable. I said they weren't sectarian.

I don't know much about politics. Only Hibs and football.

Topographic Hibby
25-09-2016, 08:37 PM
I emailed the SFA a few weeks back and they finally responded, after about 3 chasing emails, that it's nothing to do with them as league games are under the SPFL.

Nobody in Scotland in any kind of position of authority or responsibility cares about it, most are probably part of it, so nothing of significance will ever be done.
I think we are all agreed that the football authorities are useless. So there is only one response.

Escalate to a higher authority.

Time to start annoying our elected officials on this. Wasn't there some sort of warning from FM or her government to the SFA to sort things out or the government will become involved.

It is clear that Regan, Donkey Doncaster and co are gonna do SFA. So instead of emailing footie folk, need to look out our MSPs email addresses.

Mine's a Hibby, might be interesting.......

Sir David Gray
25-09-2016, 08:55 PM

You should have asked them to comment on the sectarian songs sung by their fans at the Scottish Cup final, which most certainly is under their jurisdiction.

silverhibee
25-09-2016, 10:02 PM
I think we are all agreed that the football authorities are useless. So there is only one response.

Time to start annoying our elected officials on this. Wasn't there some sort of warning from FM or her government to the SFA to sort things out or the government will become involved.

It is clear that Regan, Donkey Doncaster and co are gonna do SFA. So instead of emailing footie folk, need to look out our MSPs email addresses.

Time for Phil Gormley to grow a pair, his federation compile evidence every week on these two clubs from Glasgow when they travel to every city and town in Scotland for away games, as you seen today with the two officers filming the Rangers support inside the ground, this happens every week whether it be Celtc or the Rangers and Scottish Police are filming and recording sectarian singing by the majority of away fans every week, they must have a cupboard full of tapes showing these two clubs on how they behave when they travel to other grounds, drinking and pishing openly in the streets, abusing anyone who dares look at them the wrong way, and sing there bile, once they are tanked up, its to the ground to sing there vile songs, winning or losing, it's either, " up the ra" or " up to our knees in feinan blood " from either one of them, it's all being recorded by Scottish police, they say that they do this as it wouldn't be a good idea to go in and provoke these fans by trying to arrest them and that SP would use the evidence to detain these people at a later date, I wonder how many folk they arrest at a later date.

SP have the evidence, they need to be having a meeting at Hampden with the SFA/SPFL and tell them to get there house in order and start punishing these clubs for there weekly bigotfest they have every week, FFS it is 2016 and we are having to put up with this pish every week because the people who run our game are s**t scared to punish Celtc or the Rangers for the shame they bring to Scottish football and our country.

Time for someone to stand up and get rid of Scotland's shame from the West, SP or Nicola need to address this matter as it is only going to get worse as the season goes on and it's just f***ing started, What will it take before something is done about the gruesome twosome fae the Wild West.

silverhibee
25-09-2016, 10:09 PM

Time for Phil Gormley to grow a pair, his federation compile evidence every week on these two clubs from Glasgow when they travel to every city and town in Scotland for away games, as you seen today with the two officers filming the Rangers support inside the ground, this happens every week whether it be Celtc or the Rangers and Scottish Police are filming and recording sectarian singing by the majority of away fans every week, they must have a cupboard full of tapes showing these two clubs on how they behave when they travel to other grounds, drinking and pishing openly in the streets, abusing anyone who dares look at them the wrong way, and sing there bile, once they are tanked up, its to the ground to sing there vile songs, winning or losing, it's either, " up the ra" or " up to our knees in feinan blood " from either one of them, it's all being recorded by Scottish police, they say that they do this as it wouldn't be a good idea to go in and provoke these fans by trying to arrest them and that SP would use the evidence to detain these people at a later date, I wonder how many folk they arrest at a later date.

SP have the evidence, they need to be having a meeting at Hampden with the SFA/SPFL and tell them to get there house in order and start punishing these clubs for there weekly bigotfest they have every week, FFS it is 2016 and we are having to put up with this pish every week because the people who run our game are s**t scared to punish Celtc or the Rangers for the shame they bring to Scottish football and our country.

Time for someone to stand up and get rid of Scotland's shame from the West, SP or Nicola need to address this matter as it is only going to get worse as the season goes on and it's just f***ing started, What will it take before something is done about the gruesome twosome fae the Wild West.

SuperAllyMcleod
25-09-2016, 10:52 PM

I think it's time for fan power to come to the fore on this - in much the same way as fans of all teams pressured their clubs for sporting integrity to ensure that The Rangers weren't allowed to be admitted to the top league.

We need to reach out to fans of other clubs - perhaps through their fan forums such as this one - to ensure that we all sing from the same hymn sheet (no pun intended) and pressure our own clubs to highlight this with the SPFL and SFA.

If no action, or punishment, comes from this then the fans group (from all teams as one body) should take it to UEFA to see what they can do - after all, they seem to be the only organising body who have taken action in the past.

Perhaps our own fan reps on the board could kick this off?

WhileTheChief..
25-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Every member of every club's board in the country is already aware that there are dodgy songs involving the old firm.

What do you want our board to do exactly?

Doesn't affect us us in the slightest whilst we're stuck in this league anyway.

SuperAllyMcleod
25-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Every member of every club's board in the country is already aware that there are dodgy songs involving the old firm.

What do you want our board to do exactly?

Doesn't affect us us in the slightest whilst we're stuck in this league anyway.

I'd like our board to establish what the SPFL are going to do about it and ensure that it is visible to the fans.

It may not directly affect us this season but I, for one, can still remember the abuse our manager had to endure in the Cup Final with very little said in the media and no condemnation from our club.

magpie1892
25-09-2016, 11:28 PM
I'd like our board to establish what the SPFL are going to do about it and ensure that it is visible to the fans.

It may not directly affect us this season but I, for one, can still remember the abuse our manager had to endure in the Cup Final with very little said in the media and no condemnation from our club.

...and it might directly affect us this season if we get drawn against sevco in the cup.

And I also remember the abuse from Cup Final day, with the sevco hordes chanting about AS being a 'fenian *******'. Pity he's a protestant, but there you go.

Time for action.

mjhibby
25-09-2016, 11:55 PM

I think your stating the bleeding obvious there are you not. Both clubs singing is an utter embarrassment to scotland but as long as it keeps funding the bigot bros it won't stop any time soon. The sfa don't want to upset them so they will continue to do nothing while the msm continue their toadying to them to sell papers. Loathsome,the lot of them.

johnbc70
26-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Anyone though who is seen as some kind of figurehead or just anyone who is vocal in condemnation will no doubt receive the usual abuse and threats.

Part of the problem as well is that people know if you do stand up to these people then you will get death threats and the like, so people think why should I bother.

It's a very sad situation in a so called modern and progressive Scotland.

Golden Bear
26-09-2016, 07:42 AM
I think it's time for fan power to come to the fore on this - in much the same way as fans of all teams pressured their clubs for sporting integrity to ensure that The Rangers weren't allowed to be admitted to the top league.

We need to reach out to fans of other clubs - perhaps through their fan forums such as this one - to ensure that we all sing from the same hymn sheet (no pun intended) and pressure our own clubs to highlight this with the SPFL and SFA.

If no action, or punishment, comes from this then the fans group (from all teams as one body) should take it to UEFA to see what they can do - after all, they seem to be the only organising body who have taken action in the past.

Perhaps our own fan reps on the board could kick this off?

Eh naw. Your views are certainly not representative of mine and I suspect many others. There are more pressing things in folks everday lives than to get all hot and bothered over the behaviour of fans of the ugly sisters. Sticks and stones and all that.

The Mainboard on Hibs Net should remain a predominantly football dominated page and for people who went to discuss politics/religion then I'd politely suggest that the Holy Ground is the place for them.

Kojock
26-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Your comment reminds me of Basil Fawlty's response to the Germans when they said, "you started it" & he says, " no, you invaded Poland"! You post a comment about no one criticising Celtc, someone foolishly bites & you say "And so it begins"! Congrats on a successful troll!

Not trolling one little bit, but that now seems to be the standard response, mind you it's better than being accused of being a Yam or a Hun.

I stand by my point that after every away match involving The Rangers there is a thread on here on their choice of songs and what should/can be done about it. However when the Celtic fans sing unacceptable songs it's very seldom mentioned on here. Just saying likes.

brog
26-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Not trolling one little bit, but that now seems to be the standard response, mind you it's better than being accused of being a Yam or a Hun.

I stand by my point that after every away match involving The Rangers there is a thread on here on their choice of songs and what should/can be done about it. However when the Celtic fans sing unacceptable songs it's very seldom mentioned on here. Just saying likes.

I apologise & accept your comment re non trolling but I think there's major differences in the way these "songs" are heard & perceived. I have no truck with either team but the Celtc songs relate to the IRA, either terrorism or a war of freedom depending on your viewpoint. The Sevco equivalent is Derry's Walls. You hear the Celtc songs most frequently from their away support, Derry's Walls is bellowed out by tens of thousands at The Rangers' home games. Personally I find all these songs unacceptable & believe they have no place in football but they refer to actual historic events. What is 100% unacceptable & is also unlawful is for 10's of thousands to sing about "being up to the knees in Fenian blood" or as at the cup final, thought I'd mention that :wink:, for thousands of "fans" to sing about AS being a "Fenian b*****d! To summarise, many of the songs emanating from both supports are foul & unacceptable but one in particular is obviously sectarian & unlawful. If 1 person stood up & sang it in a restaurant he/she would be arrested. Tens of thousands sing it at a football match & the authorities become deaf!

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Rangers and Celtic are the big conundrum when it comes to Scottish football. None of us really care about them but we strongly despise the noises that eminate from their stands. Its pretty clear that the scottish football authorities whether that be the football association or police are perfectly happy to allow them to sing their songs.

So what can we do? As a footballing country, we will never progress with these 2 clubs at the forefront and the SFA/SPFL happy to allow them the freedom of the country. I also think it is pretty clear that no other club hierarchy is wanting to get involved or clamp down on it. is it fear? is it that it has nothing to do with them because its not their club? who knows but all clubs, imo are petrified of the power held by the vermin that play in Glasgow but occupy most of our country. i also highly doubt the govt will ever get involved as they could have intervened at any point over the last 10 years or so

As a club, i'd like to see us reduce their ticket allocation until they can start behaving at Easter Road. give them the lower tier of the south stand every time they come and that's it. So what, we will lose some money, but if as a club we are seen to be standing up to sectariansim and religious/political nonsense (somehow still ongoing in 2016) then i reckon more fans will fill the home ends to support the club. Banners at each game against them showing that as a fan base we will not tolerate this at our ground. it will soon catch on. They think, and unfortunately it may be the case that they are untouchable in this country becuase of spinlessness to stand up from authorities. Football without the fans is nothing, so lets kick it out!

Glorious St Pat
26-09-2016, 11:39 AM

Fine line between offensive and sectarian. Are traditional rebel songs sectarian or merely offensive and inappropriate in football context?

Notice the Green Brigade are now singing Grace about Plunketts short marriage before being executed in 1916. Is it a love song or a rebel song?

WeeRussell
26-09-2016, 11:55 AM

I'll post about how much I hate both of them every week, and how much their behaviour and songs of choice sicken me, if that would help?

In the meantime, all for anyone sticking the boot into Warburton's trumpets and their army of fannies immediately after one of their live TV games in which their sectarian bile could be clearly heard by all :aok:

seanoheimhin
26-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Just protecting their culture. :aok:

Culture never hurt anyone :thumbsup:

MyJo
26-09-2016, 04:49 PM
A guaranteed way of having no sectarian songs in your ground is to ban the filth who peddle them. How many SPL chairmen would be up for that?

Most of the spineless SPL chairmen are more likely to ban thier own fans to stop them being offended by the sectarianism and then sell the spare seats to rantic

Keith_M
26-09-2016, 05:58 PM
My reason for starting this thread was to highlight something that should have long since vanished from our society, but is currently ignored and/or brushed under the carpet by those that could do something about it.

Instead of ignoring an issue as serious as this, why not bring it up at every opportunity, refuse to let things go on the way they are?

I realise some people disagree, and that's fair enough, we all have our own opinion.

Carheenlea
26-09-2016, 06:22 PM
My reason for starting this thread was to highlight something that should have long since vanished from our society, but is currently ignored and/or brushed under the carpet by those that could do something about it.

Instead of ignoring an issue as serious as this, why not bring it up at every opportunity, refuse to let things go on the way they are?

I realise some people disagree, and that's fair enough, we all have our own opinion.

I think many have lost the will to put pressure on the authorities to act seriously on sectarianism and bigotry, given the lack of appetite from those in charge of our game to act and sanction accordingly in the manner desired from the majority of non Old Firm fans.
People have grown weary of fruitless efforts, and I suspect that will suit many in charge of our game just fine.

Onion
27-09-2016, 12:57 PM
I think many have lost the will to put pressure on the authorities to act seriously on sectarianism and bigotry, given the lack of appetite from those in charge of our game to act and sanction accordingly in the manner desired from the majority of non Old Firm fans.
People have grown weary of fruitless efforts, and I suspect that will suit many in charge of our game just fine.

The authorities should be praising the fans of other clubs for not following suit and joining in with their own bigoted, sectarian songs. Ironically, all it would take is for Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and others to start belting out vile, hate-filled nonsense to force the SFA/SPFL to take action. The TV cos and media could not just ignore the issue as they do with their OF.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Fine line between offensive and sectarian. Are traditional rebel songs sectarian or merely offensive and inappropriate in football context?

Notice the Green Brigade are now singing Grace about Plunketts short marriage before being executed in 1916. Is it a love song or a rebel song?

Out of place in a football ground IMO.

hibs0666
27-09-2016, 05:23 PM

Is all in the context. Is that mob normally in the habit of belting out weepies? Is it in the habit of of singing rebel songs?