PDA

View Full Version : The Bread Man

sauzee6_2
25-09-2016, 02:12 PM
What a tosser!!!

His lack of class and blinkered view of today's game sums him and his club up.

Hope today's result really hurts him!

Onion
25-09-2016, 02:20 PM
What a tosser!!!

Nothing new here. Took him 6 weeks to conjure up the good grace to congratulate Hibs on beating his team fair and square. Roaster and wide boy.

Highland_Hibee
25-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Never ask themselves why everybody hates them. Tanning the team bus isn't on but I can't have sympathy for a team that actively accepts sectarianism. "Would rather fans sing offensive songs than batter one another". He won't get anywhere in Scotland with his attitude. Out by Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
25-09-2016, 02:22 PM
"From start to finish we were very good in parts"

Fud

Itsnoteasy
25-09-2016, 02:23 PM
What a tosser!!!

We should help him find that magic hat.

northstandhibby
What a tosser!!!

:top marks

Couldn't agree more. He's a ponce.

Comes out with sycophantic comments about his club being victims yet once again his clubs fans are clearly heard on radio singing their sectarian hatred.

Lets hear you denounce the vile hatred spewed out by your clubs fans Warbie then we might begin to take you seriously.

GGTTH

macca70
4 games without a win, bottom 6!!

The clubs a shambles, always the victims!!

rotherhamrob
25-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Nothing new here. Took him 6 weeks to conjure up the good grace to congratulate Hibs on beating his team fair and square. Roaster and wide boy.

Did he? I honestly haven't seen that.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Yep, top roaster, just got to pray he keeps the gig.

Really amusing thing for me is that if Jackshun and the other Jamesie Cotter wannabee that do all the the rangers spin in the record really cared they'd be campaigning to either ditch the bread man or at least get funding from the fans for a semi decent new hat. It's got to be better than wasting their money on defence funds where the lawyer takes their money and they plead guilty anyway.

Hibernia&Alba
25-09-2016, 02:25 PM
He's fast becoming a favourite of mine. They'd better not sack him!

Mr White
25-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Outstanding comedy value from start to finish today marky boy. Keep it up chum. Respectfully of course.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 02:35 PM
He's fast becoming a favourite of mine. They'd better not sack him!

:agree:Tel Butcher with twice the intellect and loads more words - not arranged in any particular order though. He's got to stay in the job. The Scottish entertainment industry needs him

Treadstone
25-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I see he's bemoaning the January break to try and justify the cup final defeat blaming 'inaction'.

skipster7
25-09-2016, 02:46 PM
He must have looked behind himself at least a dozen times during the interview :faf: what was he expecting lol

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 02:49 PM
I see he's bemoaning the January break to try and justify the cup final defeat blaming 'inaction'.

Nah, they were well rested, the hun sitting a few seats along from us in hospitality said the build up of games would tell on us, just after Stokes scored the opener. He seemed pretty confident, mind you he got removed shortly after as he never had a ticket for the expensive seat he was occupying but a "friend" in the press box got him in.

brog
25-09-2016, 03:03 PM
TBF to Fannyhat it was a shocking decision by Beaton for the winning goal. However before that Beaton had twice given Sevco free kicks in dangerous situations when IMO the award should have been to Sheep. In addition Lee W stole 10 yards on every throw in, Barry McKay did an outrageous dive & Garner didn't even get a yellow for kicking an opponent. No doubt Beaton, who IIRC missed the blatant SJM pen at Falkirk last season, will now be pilloried. You can't make wrong decisions against Sevco!!

Jim44
25-09-2016, 03:07 PM
"From start to finish we were very good in parts"

Fud

This is his latest phrase. He said they were very good in parts against Celtic. The problem is it's the wrong parts. Tries to come across as articulate and insightful but the veil drops easily when he is rattled. Leaving the pitch today he lost it and we saw the real character surfacing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 03:11 PM
From start to finish being good in parts surely means inconsistent?

Bostonhibby
25-09-2016, 03:14 PM
This is his latest phrase. He said they were very good in parts against Celtic. The problem is it's the wrong parts. Tries to come across as articulate and insightful but the veil drops easily when he is rattled. Leaving the pitch today he lost it and we saw the real character surfacing.

:agree:Well out his depth and incapable of thinking before his mouth works, It's like being a fan and watching Hibs get beat, I want to find the good bits but I am not collecting thousands a week and wallowing in being the messiah of Scottish football whilst believing what the daily record print about me.

His tea is out but they can't afford to pay him off.

bingo70
25-09-2016, 03:22 PM
TBF to Fannyhat it was a shocking decision by Beaton for the winning goal. However before that Beaton had twice given Sevco free kicks in dangerous situations when IMO the award should have been to Sheep. In addition Lee W stole 10 yards on every throw in, Barry McKay did an outrageous dive & Garner didn't even get a yellow for kicking an opponent. No doubt Beaton, who IIRC missed the blatant SJM pen at Falkirk last season, will now be pilloried. You can't make wrong decisions against Sevco!!

I disagree.

Taverniers left leg took out the Aberdeen player from behind, that's how his right foot was able to come round and get the ball.

Onion
25-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I disagree.

Taverniers left leg took out the Aberdeen player from behind, that's how his right foot was able to come round and get the ball.

:agree: Had it happened at the other end, and Stoke's bitch scored a screamer from the FK nothing would have been said by the FH or the media and Stoke's bitch would be hailed as the Messiah.

Fact remains, in the games that have really mattered - against Hibs in the SCF, against Celtic in the first ever league game and and now against the Dons, Warbs has failed plain and simple. If the song fits.... :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
25-09-2016, 04:02 PM

Did he actually even do this? I must have missed it. Any link?

Callum_62
25-09-2016, 04:03 PM
:thumbsup:

StevieC
25-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Is the interview online?

blaikie
25-09-2016, 04:31 PM
What time is the club statement due out at?

California-Hibs
25-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Is the interview online?

Waiting for this too

Hibs Class
25-09-2016, 05:27 PM
I'm no lipreader but I'm prety sure he will be charged for what he said to Beaton on the pitch at full time.

Aldo
25-09-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm no lipreader but I'm prety sure he will be charged for what he said to Beaton on the pitch at full time.

Hope so but does that not depend on the Ref putting it in his match report??

His mouth was covered during the 6pm report on SSN!!

emerald green
25-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Warbs must stay! :tee hee:

Northernhibee
25-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Five wins out of seventeen. The journey to one will have to wait for another season :na na:

FastEddieFelson
25-09-2016, 05:59 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160925/53d67667d9f6df40b0a06c7623242cbd.jpg

AlbertK86
25-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Short memory

Tavernier free kick at Ibrox against us couple of years ago is one of many dodgy free kicks they have got that allowed them to win games.

Sorry not very respectful bringing that up 😉

Jim44
25-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Is the interview online?

There's a Sevco TV interview on Youtube. He doesn't refer to cheating on it although he's obviously not a happy bunny.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2016, 06:51 PM
There's a Sevco TV interview on Youtube. He doesn't refer to cheating on it although he's obviously not a happy bunny.

They don't talk to the Beeb, surprised this is allowed to continue

Jim44
25-09-2016, 06:56 PM
They don't talk to the Beeb, surprised this is allowed to continue

It's not the BBC. It's Sevco's own TV group.

EdinMike
25-09-2016, 06:57 PM
What ever happened to "No one likes us, we don't care" ? Poor wee lambs haven't stopped greeting since May...

Jack
25-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Doesn't he realise these things even themselves up over the season? lol

Jim44
25-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Is the interview online?

Waiting for this too

When I added my post, I'm sure that there was an earlier post referring to Warburton referring to the ref cheating at the free kick or words to that effect. It has disappeared?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2016, 08:31 PM
When I added my post, I'm sure that there was an earlier post referring to Warburton referring to the ref cheating at the free kick or words to that effect. It has disappeared?:confused:

You didnt need to be a lip reader to see him clearly say to the ref that he was an effing cheat.

Jim44
25-09-2016, 08:35 PM
You didnt need to be a lip reader to see him clearly say to the ref that he was an effing cheat.

I agree with you but that's nothing to do with what I am asking. I would just like to know where the actual post that explicitly refers to the effing cheat issue had disappeared to. I don't think I read it in another thread.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2016, 08:37 PM
I agree with you but that's nothing to do with what I am asking. I would just like to know where the actual post that explicitly refers to the effing cheat issue had disappeared to. I don't think I read it in another thread.

Ah right, never saw that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 08:39 PM

Which the Ref will surely add to his match report.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Which the Ref will surely add to his match report.

I wont hold my breath on that one.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Sky have now covered it up, in case viewers are offended.
I'm sure the compliance officer will want to view this again...

ronaldo7
25-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Sky have now covered it up, in case viewers are offended.
I'm sure the compliance officer will want to view this again...

He might want to view the dons toilets too.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2016, 09:03 PM

An improvement on Palmerston yesterday.

Marco G
25-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I disagree.

What might have been a good tackle back in the day is now a free kick. Once you slide in to challenge and collide with your oponent even after you win the ball cleanly nowadays the ref usually gives a free kick. If you catch him first it has always been a free kick. So I agree with you that the ref was correct and had the guts to give it.

Just shows that he is losing the plot and its all downhill from here!

Coco Bryce
25-09-2016, 09:23 PM
This was much funnier than The Loafs rant.

https://vine.co/v/5vtF5n0eHEW

'So Nico, what wallpaper do you want in yer room son? I want that one'

high bee
25-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Must be getting expensive having to pay for all the damage their fans are doing, I suppose it's the quickest way to force the club into admin, mind you they spent a fortune on ***** in the transfer market so I guess they're well used to it by now.

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Short memory

Tavernier free kick at Ibrox against us couple of years ago is one of many dodgy free kicks they have got that allowed them to win games.

Tavs made up for it all with his resolute defending in the cup final.

nonshinyfinish
25-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Respectfully.

Zazu62
25-09-2016, 09:44 PM
They really are a horrible football club, players staff fans the whole package

Hibernian Verse
25-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Those toilets are Arsenals. I'm all for taking down Rangers but only in true circumstances!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jacomo
25-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Those toilets are Arsenals. I'm all for taking down Rangers but only in true circumstances!

They're not even toilets.

This conspiracy goes right to the very top, man.

Highland_Hibee
25-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Poor The Rangers had a decision go against them that cost them the match. Like every other team ever? We've had a goal that was a foot over the line not given in a local derby before. At least they had a chance of the decision coming to nothing. Unfortunately for them the kick taker decided he was Pirlo for that moment.

Ozyhibby
25-09-2016, 11:39 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160925/3ebaa1f1d10e3e9522ad1b70acaae5b6.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
25-09-2016, 11:50 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160925/3ebaa1f1d10e3e9522ad1b70acaae5b6.jpg

Ha ha, look at the seethe. Keep walking, nude nut.

ronaldo7
26-09-2016, 07:47 AM
An improvement on Palmerston yesterday.

Must be getting expensive having to pay for all the damage their fans are doing, I suppose it's the quickest way to force the club into admin, mind you they spent a fortune on ***** in the transfer market so I guess they're well used to it by now.

They're not even toilets.

This conspiracy goes right to the very top, man.

It was a joke guys, but without the tongue in cheek smiley as we don't have one. Lee Wallace is the grass though...Honest.:greengrin

snooky
26-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Poor The Rangers had a decision go against them that cost them the match. Like every other team ever? We've had a goal that was a foot over the line not given in a local derby before. At least they had a chance of the decision coming to nothing. Unfortunately for them the kick taker decided he was Pirlo for that moment.

I would say the ball was more like a yard over the line.

Highland_Hibee
26-09-2016, 08:12 AM
I would say the ball was more like a yard over the line.

Just rewatched it and yeah you are right. Christ it was more obvious than I remembered.

al1875
26-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Short memory

First thing I thought when watching it 😊

Kavinho
26-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Get the impression that he's just been sucked into the myopic narrow minded poisoned viewpoint that one gets when they are associated with any organisation/institution for too long.

When he started out, I think he was being a bit more genuine with his respectfully chats. Now he's believing the Level5 party line..

being to side with Chris Sutton. He's out of his depth

JeMeSouviens
26-09-2016, 09:17 AM

The bleating about this free kick is pathetic. Slomo of the foul here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=vINwF8BguSM

He played the ball but clattered through with his other leg. That's been a stick on foul for about 10 years. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen were *****, looked like their cup tie on Thursday caught up with them, but still too much for the New Huns. :wink:

ekhibee
26-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I disagree.

Sorry, I have to disagree too. From what I could see his left leg doesn't make contact, it's his knee if at all, and it's after the right leg had made contact with the ball. Never a free kick IMO, but still good Sevco got beat.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2016, 09:35 AM
It's a sliding tackle from behind. It's about 10 years since that was not a foul.

Hamish
26-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Sorry, I have to disagree too. From what I could see his left leg doesn't make contact, it's his knee if at all, and it's after the right leg had made contact with the ball. Never a free kick IMO, but still good Sevco got beat.

All about opinions as they say. His left leg catches Hayes trailing leg almost at the same time as his right comes round to hook the ball. Ref was 5 to 10 yards away and I think he was correct to give the foul.

weecounty hibby
26-09-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure he actually connects with the ball at all. Looks to me like he kicked The Dons players foot which them makes contact with the ball. In any case who gives a ****. Huns beat again is good news in my book

Aldo
26-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Respectfully.

Is it not wespectfully??

Libby Hibby
26-09-2016, 10:55 AM
It's a sliding tackle from behind. It's about 10 years since that was not a foul.

Correct, foul all day, regardless if the ball was touched 1st. That mentality is old hat these days.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-09-2016, 10:56 AM

Exactly - the level of ignorance around this from football pundits, experts amd fans never fails to amaze me.

If you challenge from behind and make any contact, regardleas of playing the ball or not, it will be a foul.

Fife-Hibee
26-09-2016, 10:57 AM

He played the ball but clattered through with his other leg. That's been a stick on foul for about 10 years. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen were *****, looked like their cup tie on Thursday caught up with them, but still too much for the New Huns. :wink:

Looks a foul in the slow mo :-) **** Sevco

lord bunberry
26-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Correct, foul all day, regardless if the ball was touched 1st. That mentality is old hat these days.
Some might say its old fanny hat :greengrin

hibs0666
26-09-2016, 11:14 AM

It's a desperate tackle from behind by a player who is caught out of position time and again due to a mental formation and a fundamental inability to defend.

Mr White
26-09-2016, 11:20 AM
It'll be interesting to see if he faces any action for his post match hissy fit in the refs face. I'm not so sure he will but I have no doubt at all that if derek mcinnes for example had behaved like that he'd face a ban for it.

hibs0666
26-09-2016, 11:25 AM
It'll be interesting to see if he faces any action for his post match hissy fit in the refs face. I'm not so sure he will but I have no doubt at all that if derek mcinnes for example had behaved like that he'd face a ban for it.

Nah, it was a respectful s hissy fit so it was.

Jack Hackett
26-09-2016, 11:32 AM
If Lennons wee dig at the Brondby assistant ref was worthy of a 5 match ban, then Warburtons tirade is surely worth 10...shame it won't be UEFA looking at it.

matty_f
26-09-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm amazed he's getting such an easy ride, his budget is huge compared to the rest of the Premiership (with the obvious exception of Celtc). They should be comfortably in second place on that basis. They're 7th.

Tom English tweeted stats from their last 4 games, they are averaging 59% posession,averaged 16 shots, and have scored 3 goals (1 from open play). Even the possession stats don't stand up as being especially dominant - more ball than their opponents, definitely, but not by a huge degree.

The teams they've faced in that are Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, and Aberdeen. Celtc took 6 goals off Killie at the weekend, by comparison.

I think Warburton might have enough credit in the bank from last season, though I'm not sure how given he never won at Easter Road in the league, or Falkirk. He has no plan B, has signed woefully this summer (Clint Hill, Joey Barton, Philipe Senderos, Kranjcar, and Joe Garner all look like poor value at this stage).

If he's not on a shoogly peg already, it can't be far away.

Hibs Class
26-09-2016, 11:37 AM

I'm no Doctor, but I'm pretty sure that the knee is part of the leg? :confused:

Jack
26-09-2016, 11:41 AM
To be fair Matty our stats are probably very similar and moving from paper to grass 60% is fairly dominant. Even the shots are similar.

hibs0666
26-09-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm amazed he's getting such an easy ride, his budget is huge compared to the rest of the Premiership (with the obvious exception of Celtc). They should be comfortably in second place on that basis. They're 7th.

Tom English tweeted stats from their last 4 games, they are averaging 59% posession,averaged 16 shots, and have scored 3 goals (1 from open play). Even the possession stats don't stand up as being especially dominant - more ball than their opponents, definitely, but not by a huge degree.

The teams they've faced in that are Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, and Aberdeen. Celtc took 6 goals off Killie at the weekend, by comparison.

I think Warburton might have enough credit in the bank from last season, though I'm not sure how given he never won at Easter Road in the league, or Falkirk. He has no plan B, has signed woefully this summer (Clint Hill, Joey Barton, Philipe Senderos, Kranjcar, and Joe Garner all look like poor value at this stage).

Only Ross County and Patrick Thistle have scored fewer goals than the currants. Happy days. :thumbsup:

Won't be too long until Old Walter gets the call.

Seveno
26-09-2016, 12:03 PM

That is all very negative. Let's look at the positive .............. :rolleyes:

Ok, you won.

KeithTheHibby
26-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Foul or not it was a silly challenge to make as he was behind Hayes. Made it pretty easy for the ref to give the free kick.

Perhaps Fannys hat should be looking more at Taverniers defensive side of the game rather than slating the ref.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Im content that it wasnt a foul. Makes the situation more enjoyable to me.

:greengrin

rodhibs55
26-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Im content that it wasnt a foul. Makes the situation more enjoyable to me.

:greengrin

Me To

Got a picture in my head of Tavernier with his Calemero hat on
Foul against me that was not a foul
Got booked
They scored the winner against us with the free kick that shouldn't have been.

Its An Injustice

He He He

lord bunberry
26-09-2016, 01:53 PM
To be fair Matty our stats are probably very similar and moving from paper to grass 60% is fairly dominant. Even the shots are similar.

But we're winning most weeks.

hibs0666
26-09-2016, 02:21 PM

Except we've been winning.

brog
26-09-2016, 02:24 PM

It wasn't a sliding tackle, both feet were on the ground when he made the tackle though shortly afterwards Tavernier's back leg came off the ground & it looks to me as if his thigh then caught Hayes' trailing leg. There's no law of the game that precludes either siding tackles or tackles from behind & over the weekend I actually saw several such tackles where play was (correctly) waved on. Having said that if a player makes such a tackle & does make contact either before or after the challenge then you're right that it will almost certainly be a foul. I think that Beaton may have got this right by default though like others I find it's almost sweeter if its a wrong decision!

worcesterhibby
26-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Looked very similar to Danny Handling's tackle against The Rangers a couple of seasons ago, got the ball but also took the man from behind...handling got sent off.

GIRUY The Rangers

Deansy
26-09-2016, 07:18 PM

You can virtually guarantee there'll be NO action taken against 'Mr Respect' - the media (predictably) make no mention of it despite the fact that the entire TV audience witnessed the manager of one our biggest clubs screaming 'YOU'RE A FXXXXXG CHEAT' right in the referee's face !

Of course, we all know had that been the manager of any other club (excepting Septic, naturally !) he'd have received his invite to Hampden to face the beaks first thing this morning !

hibees 7062
26-09-2016, 07:49 PM
https://youtu.be/0SaUn6Xgmrk

Scottie
26-09-2016, 07:57 PM
https://youtu.be/0SaUn6Xgmrk
:greengrin :aok:

Jack
27-09-2016, 04:43 AM
Except we've been winning.

But we're winning most weeks.

My point was that 60% possession and +midteens shots looks very dominant during the game. I feel most times at ER the opposition 40% is a generally ineffective kick about until we regain possession :-)

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2016, 06:10 AM

But how can that be ? Souness said of Chapeau La Chatte ... "and I like to think the manager, who seems to be a calm and level-headed human being..."

Deansy
27-09-2016, 06:56 AM
But how can that be ? Souness said of Chapeau La Chatte ... "and I like to think the manager, who seems to be a calm and level-headed human being..."

Souness is a pxxxk - he wasn't too bad in his Liverpool days but once he signed for the Hun, he brought in to everything that's despicable about them !

lapsedhibee
27-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Souness is a pxxxk - he wasn't too bad in his Liverpool days but once he signed for the Hun, he brought in to everything that's despicable about them !
Mibbe not everything. I'm sure I remember him saying on TV, when he was manager, that he didn't have much truck with the traditional folk songs and that, mentioning that his wife was Catholic.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Mibbe not everything. I'm sure I remember him saying on TV, when he was manager, that he didn't have much truck with the traditional folk songs and that, mentioning that his wife was Catholic.
He did say that, and brought about a few changes your average hun didn't like but he seemed to toe the line eventually-there was a lot of cash about in those days, other people's as it happens.

He's a bit of a now defunct Glasgow rangers apologist now though

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 08:35 AM

Like flashing the Vs at the East Enclosure when the deadco fans were singing: 'It's magic you know, rangers and Catholics don't go' when deadco were sniffing around Ray Houghton?

Or when he signed Mo Johnston?

A prick he may be, opinionated and conceited definitely, but to say he bought into the unsavoury elements of deadco's ethos just isn't supported by the facts.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2016, 10:01 AM
An OF job is always too small for any manager. The incessant bigotry and pettiness corrodes the soul and shrinks the minds of everybody who takes it, in their desperate need to be accepted by stand morons and media sycophants. I suspect Warbs -though probably a bit of a ****bag anyway- is no exception.

Geo_1875
27-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Like flashing the Vs at the East Enclosure when the deadco fans were singing: 'It's magic you know, rangers and Catholics don't go' when deadco were sniffing around Ray Houghton?

Or when he signed Mo Johnston?

A prick he may be, opinionated and conceited definitely, but to say he bought into the unsavoury elements of deadco's ethos just isn't supported by the facts.

He was intent on buying the best no matter what race or religion they were. Unfortunately that goes against the beliefs of most of their fans, including the ones on the board.

jgl07
27-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Would anyone describe Souness as level headed.

Remember his (first?) match as Rangers player manager at Easter Road? He was sent off and precipitated a riot that saw 22 of the other 23 players on the field booked.

matty_f
27-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Was listening to the Sportsound podcast from last night on my way into work this morning, and the stats since March for The Rangers don't make good reading (for them, I thought they were great!).

They'd won something like 3 league games, scored a goal or two fewer than they'd conceded, and had similar goals tallies to the likes of Partick and Killie.

I can't remember the stats exactly, but they were broadly as I've put above. Whichever way you look at it, it shows that Warburton is under-performing in line with his budget, is operating a flawed transfer policy, has failed to address glaring deficiencies in the side, and has no answer to dealing with Scottish Cup finals or Scottish Premiership matches.

Long may it continue. I don't think they'll be keen to spend their way out of trouble having over-spent on bad value signings like Hill, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner.

Geo_1875
27-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Was listening to the Sportsound podcast from last night on my way into work this morning, and the stats since March for The Rangers don't make good reading (for them, I thought they were great!).

They'd won something like 3 league games, scored a goal or two fewer than they'd conceded, and had similar goals tallies to the likes of Partick and Killie.

I can't remember the stats exactly, but they were broadly as I've put above. Whichever way you look at it, it shows that Warburton is under-performing in line with his budget, is operating a flawed transfer policy, has failed to address glaring deficiencies in the side, and has no answer to dealing with Scottish Cup finals or Scottish Premiership matches.

Long may it continue. I don't think they'll be keen to spend their way out of trouble having over-spent on bad value signings like Hill, Barton, Kranjcar and Garner.

I don't think they'll be able to spend their way out of trouble. They've bought one player, paid a couple of development fees, promised huge wages to the others. Their chairman is looking for maximum return from minimum investment.

Kato
27-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Remember his (first?) match as Rangers player manager at Easter Road? He was sent off and precipitated a riot that saw 22 of the other 23 players on the field booked.

Very level headed as that was premeditated according to Chris Woods.

oldbutdim
27-09-2016, 01:58 PM

:confused:

Subs booked too?

magpie1892
27-09-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't think they'll be able to spend their way out of trouble. They've bought one player, paid a couple of development fees, promised huge wages to the others. Their chairman is looking for maximum return from minimum investment.

The chief reason they won't be able to spend their way out of trouble is because the club and the Lying King are both skint.

PatHead
27-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Surely must be in line for the Engerland job :wink:

Jdawg
27-09-2016, 07:43 PM
He's taking a reasonable team and brought in old huddies probably thinking they would stroll the top league, haha.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2016, 08:49 PM
:confused:

Subs booked too?

I was in the East and I am sure that I got booked as well.

Onion
28-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Oh dear, Warbs is in trouble for his verbal assault on the referee after the Dons game and going to be offered a touch line ban.

Strangley, Record headline isn't "All 4 match officials battered by Warburton".

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Oh dear, Warbs is in trouble for his verbal assault on the referee after the Dons game and going to be offered a touch line ban.

Strangley, Record headline isn't "All 4 match officials battered by Warburton".

He'd better clean up his act against Hearts or he'll get sent to the new stand.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 01:15 PM
He'd better clean up his act against Hearts or he'll get sent to the new stand.
[emoji1] Or the John Robertson lounge, with no calor gas

southsider
28-09-2016, 01:23 PM

His father was at the game and said he had disgraced his family in his own hometown. I think his brother,Gordon, although a Hertz fan, may have been on Hibs books as a laddie.

Jim44
28-09-2016, 01:27 PM
His father was at the game and said he had disgraced his family in his own hometown. I think his brother,Gordon, although a Hertz fan, may have been on Hibs books as a laddie.

Did his brother have a newsagent's shop at the top of Broughton Street?

southsider
28-09-2016, 01:31 PM
You may well be right. Don't know if he still does.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Definitely did, used to stop off for a paper on my way to work.