PDA

View Full Version : United Game Now Huge Litmus Test

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Win with a convincing performance and we get back on skoosh track and deny what will still probably be our main rivals over the season some traction.

Lose, or even draw, and we are stuck in a festering, bitter pack of snapping zombie husky dogs, and snarling demented Hun referees bristling with indignant rage regarding the sublime events of May 21st * and hell bent on extracting twisted revenge on behalf of their inadequate heroes.

Let's win.

*This is reference to the Scottish Cup final of this year, when Hibs took an early lead through Tony Stokes but the Hun gained the ascendancy and went 2-1 ahead. The media were festooning the cup in blue ribbons but with ten minutes left Stokes struck to level before an injury time header by skipper Gray took the trophy east. It signaled the beginning of the end of Rangers manager Mark Warburtons tenure at the Ibrox club.

Steve20
24-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Anyone that thought we'd skoosh the league knows nothing about us.

Yes we should win the league and still should. But no way will be win it comfortably. We're not good enough for that.

hibsbollah
24-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Is that the thing at school where you dipped the rizla paper in liquid to see if it turned blue? I always thought this was evidence of some secret hunnery at work...

Ergye
24-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Our main priority should be prying Ann Budge away from Crimecastle. She's doing such a terrific job there and imagine how many more young men and women would show up with lovely Hibee money to get a glimpse of that woman sitting resplendent, rosy cheeked, pearly toothed, glistening of skin in her seat. A tower of shimmering female sexuality. Men with no interest at all in football will be queuing round the block for tickets.

She'll also frighten the seagulls away.

lucky
24-09-2016, 06:12 PM

Yes we should win the league and still should. But no way will be win it comfortably. We're not good enough for that.

I still think we will win the league by at least 10 points

Bishop Hibee
24-09-2016, 06:14 PM
3 points is a must or invitations to prostrate oneself in ones own urine will be nothing compared to the implosion on the message board.

2-0 Hibs 🇳🇬🇳🇬💚

Mikey09
24-09-2016, 08:34 PM
3 points is a must or invitations to prostrate oneself in ones own urine will be nothing compared to the implosion on the message board.

2-0 Hibs 🇳🇬🇳🇬💚

:agree:

Thecat23
24-09-2016, 08:38 PM

Utter bull*****.

Thecat23
24-09-2016, 08:39 PM
I still think we will win the league by at least 10 points

Defo.

marjoriebanks
24-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Over confidence could see us here again this time next year. Queens more than matched us today, the only other live game I have seen was Dunfermline and they took a lot out of that game, an own goal and a howler in defence gifted the points. Where are we blowing teams away. No evidence so far.

B.H.F.C
24-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Utter bull*****.

Based on our complete lack of goals it's not really.

I still think we will win the league. But we've scored two goals in our last 3 games against some poor sides, and I include QOTS in that. Last seasons issues are still present and unless we address them we will have the same problems.

SRHibs
25-09-2016, 04:51 AM
Looking forward to this already. Pretty confident we are going to win. Would like to think the game will be a bit more open than the rest of our games - DU aren't going to have the same fear as the 'also-rans' we've played so far. Think we'll win 2 or 3 nil.

Bristolhibby
25-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Over confidence could see us here again this time next year. Queens more than matched us today, the only other live game I have seen was Dunfermline and they took a lot out of that game, an own goal and a howler in defence gifted the points. Where are we blowing teams away. No evidence so far.

Hibernian 4-0 Greenock Morton

Borderhibbie76
25-09-2016, 07:20 AM
You do realise we played the whole 2nd half with 10 men yeah?? Or are u conveniently leaving that bit out take your point???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

coldingham hibs
25-09-2016, 07:36 AM

At the moment I would agree with you, I've not been impressed at all so far this season. Apart from a couple of decent results I think the other games have been a bit of a slog.

Queens still unbeaten and building momentum and Falkirk starting to pick up points. Lose next week and we could be 3rd or 4th which would be very disappointing.

Vini1875
25-09-2016, 12:57 PM
The reason we are not good enough or at least are fragile is that we simply don't convert enough chances into goals. We have forward players who should all be scoring at least ten goals over the season but don't. We ought to have a goal threat from all our forward players that should worry defences but we don't. Snuff out Cummings and you snuff out Hibs is how I would look at things if I was an opposition manager. Neil Lennon simply has to get our forward players with the confidence to score. Confidence in front of goal is a big worry for me.

Our team is better than any in the league but we need to add goals from a vairety of players to actually proof we are better.

California-Hibs
25-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Good stuff, another person to add to my list for my 'told you so' thread come the end of the season!

So many games still to come. Hibs will still have skooshed this league with ease in the end. Challengers simply won't last. We will.

10+ still.

Albanian Hibs
25-09-2016, 02:19 PM

What a lot of crap. We were the better team yesterday especially when we were down to 10 men. Also 4-0 v Morton. 2-0 going on 10 away to St Mirren.

Hi Heid Yin
25-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Good stuff, another person to add to my list for my 'told you so' thread come the end of the season!

So many games still to come. Hibs will still have skooshed this league with ease in the end. Challengers simply won't last. We will.

10+ still.

With all due respect, winning the league by 10 points is not what I'd call "skooshing it" 10 points equates to 3 wins and a draw - hardly a chasm.
"Skooshing it" for me would be 20+ points

northstandhibby
25-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Win with a convincing performance and we get back on skoosh track and deny what will still probably be our main rivals over the season some traction.

Lose, or even draw, and we are stuck in a festering, bitter pack of snapping zombie husky dogs, and snarling demented Hun referees bristling with indignant rage regarding the sublime events of May 21st * and hell bent on extracting twisted revenge on behalf of their inadequate heroes.

Let's win.

*This is reference to the Scottish Cup final of this year, when Hibs took an early lead through Tony Stokes but the Hun gained the ascendancy and went 2-1 ahead. The media were festooning the cup in blue ribbons but with ten minutes left Stokes struck to level before an injury time header by skipper Gray took the trophy east. It signaled the beginning of the end of Rangers manager Mark Warburtons tenure at the Ibrox club.

This game is a great chance to get the title challenge back on track.

Hopefully a decent referee and Mr Lennon gets the team selection, team formation and tactics spot on.

Looking forward to it already.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

California-Hibs
25-09-2016, 10:22 PM
With all due respect, winning the league by 10 points is not what I'd call "skooshing it" 10 points equates to 3 wins and a draw - hardly a chasm.
"Skooshing it" for me would be 20+ points

Away, 10+ points is indeed skooshing it. That's it all wrapped up with around a month to spare. It's whats going to happen in the end, people have let a lucky defeat and an away draw cloud their judgement and set in an old Hibs panic mode. Not this Hibee. We need to score more, yes, however you can't keep quality down, and this squad over the season vs the rest is going to be far more consistent and strong. We will also have the ability to add a bit of quality in January if needed. Others won't have this abaility.

All we can do is wait and see.

10+.

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2016, 12:41 AM
I said I would be bloody disappointed if it wasn't practically done and dusted by New Year. My disquiet is already palpable. Bad show, Greens.

Dashing Bob S
26-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Away, 10+ points is indeed skooshing it. That's it all wrapped up with around a month to spare. It's whats going to happen in the end, people have let a lucky defeat and an away draw cloud their judgement and set in an old Hibs panic mode. Not this Hibee. We need to score more, yes, however you can't keep quality down, and this squad over the season vs the rest is going to be far more consistent and strong. We will also have the ability to add a bit of quality in January if needed. Others won't have this abaility.

All we can do is wait and see.

10+.

The Oxford English dictionary defines to 'skoosh' something, as to win by double-figure points. So technically you are correct.

resident_Arab
26-09-2016, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't say that, Hibs are overwhelming favourites as it will be an understrength United, we've been missing our first choice cm the last 2-3 games in Flood and Murdoch, Flood in particular is a huge miss for us when he is out

Add to that still not knowing our best defence, it being anything but settled and looking dodgy

If it's an open game though then we will cause lots of problems at the other end, the only team that's been open against us was Partick and that was 3-1 going on 8

Spike Mandela
26-09-2016, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't say that, Hibs are overwhelming favourites as it will be an understrength United, we've been missing our first choice cm the last 2-3 games in Flood and Murdoch, Flood in particular is a huge miss for us when he is out

Add to that still not knowing our best defence, it being anything but settled and looking dodgy

I expect United to get better this season as they adjust to being in the Championship but I hope we have the edge at a packed Easter Road. Hope Utd come and 'have a go' as we seem to do better against teams that do that rather than sit in.

neil7908
26-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Where we are after the first round of fixtures will tell us all we need to know.

At the moment it's too early to make serious predictions. All I would say is that if we're going to skoosh the league (where the hell did this phrase come from!?) I'd have excepted us to be pulling ahead already. See Man city or Bayern Munich.

Jim44
26-09-2016, 08:22 AM

If it's an open game though then we will cause lots of problems at the other end, the only team that's been open against us was Partick and that was 3-1 going on 8

Beware the injured golfer, in this case, the understrength football team. Overwhelming favourites, my jaxi. United will be up for this and the game could go either way. Good try, tho'. :greengrin

eastcoasthibby
26-09-2016, 08:22 AM
What a lot of crap. We were the better team yesterday especially when we were down to 10 men. Also 4-0 v Morton. 2-0 going on 10 away to St Mirren.

This typifies us and same last season we were the better team with a lot more possession than other teams in games but ...we don't take enough of our chances ..you identify 2 games ..the st mirren one ...we missed loads if chances a, the rest which aren't mentioned we have struggled with because of mediocre performances and chances not being taken !
While I appreciate peoples confidence ...I can't wait too see us take games and then then the league by the scruff if the neck but so far that's not been evident and with this other teams will take confidence in games...and they will see that we have defensive frailties as well that they know they will get chances and they seem more potent than us in front of goals !
I read someone saying that they thought Lennon doesn't know his best team, I wonder that as well, We can't seem to get the right blend !! In midfield and up front !
Bartley is a problem ..AL seems to want him in the team whenever available but there is no doubt he slows our game down ! McGeoch fit or not also a selection dilemma ! And quite a few more so the quality of squad might be a problem in its own right ...

JimBHibees
26-09-2016, 08:26 AM

Not sure about that, will be an open game with loads of chances and hopefully home advantage counts. Still very early days in the league.