PDA

View Full Version : Red Cards Cost Points

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 04:27 PM
...as do missed chances.

Hoard the first like misers and spend the second like sailors Hibs, and we'll get out of this division.

Otherwise...

Ronniekirk
24-09-2016, 04:32 PM
...as do missed chances.

Hoard the first like misers and spend the second like sailors Hibs, and we'll get out of this division.

Otherwise...

Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season Its missing chances i am more worried abot D B S and the teliance on Cummings to date

Pete
24-09-2016, 04:33 PM
A wrongly awarded one definitely cost us points last week.

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game how this one effected things and wether it was deserved. Not sure this one cost us though.

givescotlandfreedom
24-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season

Really?

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 04:35 PM
A concern indeed, Ronaldo. But imperative that we finish with 11 men versus United and give a convincing and committed performance.

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 04:48 PM

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game how this one effected things and wether it was deserved. Not sure this one cost us though.

Beg to differ Pedro. I think we'd have nicked it today with a full side. We were down a man for almost 40 mins.

Gmack7
24-09-2016, 04:53 PM
in both games we should have been out of sight before the red cards

Dashing Bob S
24-09-2016, 04:57 PM
in both games we should have been out of sight before the red cards

Yes, did mention the old failing of lost chances. But when those kind of decisions go against rather than for you (think of Waghorns Hun pens in that division as contrast) it becomes harder to build the traction in grind out points which then free you up to showboat the 6-2's and 7-0's.

The Green Goblin
24-09-2016, 06:00 PM
We get red cards every week, the yams get pens every week. It's an unbreakable law of physics, or something.

hibsbollah
24-09-2016, 06:01 PM
We get red cards every week, the yams get pens every week. It's an unbreakable law of physics, or something.

Is this to do with the litmus test thing?

The Green Goblin
24-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Is this to do with the litmus test thing?

I think it was Scotty in Star Trek who said it...

Hibs Class
24-09-2016, 06:21 PM

Felt sorry for Lewis first booking, was right in front of me and I thought Hamill made a point of running into him and crumpling in a heap. Once on the yellow, though, I couldnt argue with his second as it looked like a clear pull back. Even a man down we looked likelier to win, Queens still seemed to have not losing as their priority.

hibsbollah
24-09-2016, 06:24 PM
I think it was Scotty in Star Trek who said it...

Like Brian Kerr, He did a power of unseen work in the engine room.

Keith_M
24-09-2016, 06:38 PM
At the point of the sending off:

-- Hibs had committed 3 fouls and received 2 yellow cards for their troubles (both Stevenson).

-- QOtS had committed 13 fouls and no cards.

Last week, we had a man red-carded, that was later rescinded.

If decisions DO even out over the season, we're due some pretty big dozes of luck in the next few games.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2016, 06:49 PM
I didnt think it was a sending off, the ball was played over the top and both players came together and fell to the ground. It was as much a foul to us as it was to them.

Another prick of a ref who couldn't wait to send one of our players off, when they were allowed to foul all game.

Stevenson makes two fouls and gets two bookings, their players were allowed numerous fouls before finding themselves in the book?????????

Carheenlea
24-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Hamill could quite easily have avoided a collision if he had wanted too - made sure he was caught and made the most of it resulting in a yellow being shown. The second was a yellow card offence regardless of how many fouls each side had committed. Made a tough task in tough conditions even tougher, and all things considered, a draw was not a disaster.

JimBHibees
24-09-2016, 06:53 PM
I didnt think it was a sending off, the ball was played over the top and both players came together and fell to the ground. It was as much a foul to us as it was to them.

Another prick of a ref who couldn't wait to send one of our players off, when they were allowed to foul all game.

Stevenson makes two fouls and gets two bookings, their players were allowed numerous fouls before finding themselves in the book?????????

Yep a definite agenda IMO. Last 2 games we have committed at maximum 10 fouls and had 2 red cards yet last week for example Ayr number 16 fouled at will with only a belated yellow.

lumbo_hfc
24-09-2016, 06:58 PM
First tackle looked clumsy and the 2nd booking was quite cynical as the player had got just in front of him. Looked a sending off to me. Sure we would have won otherwise as we still could have after that.

neil7908
24-09-2016, 07:08 PM
We need a win next week. Nothing to fear from Dundee United but Andreu has been playing well for them and we're struggling for goals. I have to say I feel a lot less confident that I did a couple of weeks ago.

Shrekko
24-09-2016, 07:09 PM
You could make an argument that both Lewis's fouls were yellow cards but both were fairly soft and similar challenges from other players went without punishment. Ref might have had a quiet word after the 2nd IMO. Hamill made a challenge early in the 2nd half on Boyle(?) where he'd have got right behind him but no booking.

Famous Fiver
24-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Queens - 15 fouls - 1 booking

Hibs - 4 fouls - two bookings hence red card.

That is beyond a coincidence. Does the referee have to explain this imbalance? That, to me, is beyond incompetence. I hope Hibs are going to ask some serious questions.

As a matter of interest who committed the other two fouls given against Hibs?

lumbo_hfc
24-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Queens - 15 fouls - 1 booking

Hibs - 4 fouls - two bookings hence red card.

That is beyond a coincidence. Does the referee have to explain this imbalance? That, to me, is beyond incompetence. I hope Hibs are going to ask some serious questions.

As a matter of interest who committed the other two fouls given against Hibs?

Were you at the game?? How can you possibly comment on when the referee should give a booking or not? Both stevensons tackles were bookings. Their fouls weren't, quite simple!

The Green Goblin
24-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Like Brian Kerr, He did a power of unseen work in the engine room.

:greengrin

Shrekko
24-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Were you at the game?? How can you possibly comment on when the referee should give a booking or not? Both stevensons tackles were bookings. Their fouls weren't, quite simple!
Hamill should have been booked and one or two others were borderline IMO if you're going to flash yellows for the sort of challenges Lewis made.

Carheenlea
24-09-2016, 07:44 PM
The referee today joined the lengthening list of officials who have personally managed to break up a Hibs counter attack by getting in the way of the ball. His positioning was perfect to block a quick break from midfield out wide late in the game where the timely interception then gave Queens the chance to break themselves and win a corner.

HibsNutter
24-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Stevenson deservedly walked, he had a poor game until that point as well.

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2016, 07:55 PM

-- Hibs had committed 3 fouls and received 2 yellow cards for their troubles (both Stevenson).

If decisions DO even out over the season, we're due some pretty big dozes of luck in the next few games.

They had a player booked in first half?

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Their number 8 (Millar) was booked in the 1st half

Argylehibby
24-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Stevenson's first booking was soft, I thought that Hamill jumped into him after he'd played the ball past him. The 2nd was a booking and a silly challenge to make.

calumhibee1
24-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season Its missing chances i am more worried abot D B S and the teliance on Cummings to date

No they don't. They didn't last season, not even close, and I bet they don't again this season. Between us getting red cards rescinded, other teams getting retrospective reds AFTER games against us and teams kicking the **** out us and getting away with it every week there's no chance that they even themselves out.

Ronniekirk
25-09-2016, 08:10 AM
No they don't. They didn't last season, not even close, and I bet they don't again this season. Between us getting red cards rescinded, other teams getting retrospective reds AFTER games against us and teams kicking the **** out us and getting away with it every week there's no chance that they even themselves out.

I said tend to even themselves out
One goal in the forst half when we had 11 men would have seen us win the game We didnt score . Against Ayr everone said we had enough chances to be out of sight before the sending off but we didnt take our chances
The old firm used to regularly beat teams when they went down to 10 men and remember Garry O conners goal v Hearts when we were down to 10 men
We aren't playing that well just now ,and arent scoring Thats what Lennon needs to start addressing

Keith_M
25-09-2016, 08:41 AM
They had a player booked in first half?

Their number 8 (Millar) was booked in the 1st half

Apologies, I must have missed that.

However, I think my original point still stands, that we seem to be getting a disproportionate number of cards per foul compared to the teams we're playing.

I realise that each foul has to be judged on merit but I see a lot of fouls against us just as worthy of yellows as the ones that Stevenson got yesterday, but with no card shown.

If the same standards were applied to the opposing teams in the last couple of games, surely neither of those teams would have finished the game with 11 players.

SRHibs
25-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Apologies, I must have missed that.

However, I think my original point still stands, that we seem to be getting a disproportionate number of cards per foul compared to the teams we're playing.

I realise that each foul has to be judged on merit but I see a lot of fouls against us just as worthy of yellows as the ones that Stevenson got yesterday, but with no card shown.

If the same standards were applied to the opposing teams in the last couple of games, surely neither of those teams would have finished the game with 11 players.

Bear in mind we are having over 2/3s of the possession in these games. It's a lot harder to amass fouls when the opposition only has the ball for a quarter of the game.

EDIT: I should've read your post properly. You're right, our cards:fouls ratio is oddly high.